- 7+ years of experience in Data Modeling, Database Design, Programming, Development and Implementation of Client - Server Applications & Database systems using SQL Server 2000/2005/2008/2008 R 2/2012/2014.
- Expert in Data Warehouse development starting from inception to implementation and ongoing support, Strong understanding of BI application design and development principles.
- Using Normalization and De-Normalization techniques
- Generating complex Transact SQL (T-SQL) queries, Sub queries, Co-related sub queries, Dynamic SQL queries etc. Programming in SQL Server - Using the stored procedures, Triggers, User-defined functions and Views, Common table expressions (CTEs)
- Writing heavy stored procedures, Audit triggers views, creating SQL scripts for data loads and Upgrades for data migrations and data validations.
- Proficient in Performance Tuning/Query optimization using indexes
- Tuning the performance of stored procedures and large T-SQL Queries using Clustered indexes, efficient coding standards
- Experience in Database Development, modeling, Data Warehousing, Design and Technical Management.
- Expert in Extraction, Transforming and Loading (ETL) data.
- Proficient in Normalization/De-normalization techniques in relational/dimensional database environments and have done normalizations up to 3NF. creating mappings/workflows to extract data from SQL Server, Excel file, Oracle, other databases and Flat File sources and load into various Business Entities.
- Experience in writing complex SQL queries involving multiple tables joins.
- Experience in optimizing the queries by creating various clustered, non-clustered indexes and indexed views.
- Involved in creating numerous database objects like tables, indexes, constrain (Checks, Primary and Foreign Key).
- Strong experience in Data modeling - Conceptual, Logical/Physical, Relational and Multi-dimensional modeling, Data analysis for Decision Support Systems (DSS), Data Transformation (ETL) and Reporting.
- Proficient in data mart design, creation of cubes, identifying facts & dimensions, star & snowflake schemes and canonical model.
- Solid hands on experience with administration of data model repository, documentation in meta data portals in such as Erwin, ER Studio and Power Designer tools.
TOOLS: SQL Server Management Studio, Toad Business Intelligence Development Studio, Data Transformation Services.
DATABASES LANGUAGES: SQL, PL/SQL,T-SQL, JDBC, MS ACCESS, ORACLE.
DATA MODELING TOOLS: Erwin 5/6/7/8/9.5, Power Designer, MS Visio 2007/2010,E/R Studio
PLATFORMS: WINDOWS (XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10), UNIX.
REPORTING TOOLS: Cognos 8, Business Objects XI, Crystal Reports2008, SSRS.
ETL TOOLS:: Data Stage SQL Server,DTS/Integration Services, SQL*Loader.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
SQL DEVELOPER/DATA MODELER
- Optimized the performance of queries with modifications in SQL queries, removed unnecessary columns, and eliminated redundant and inconsistent data.
- Worked on SQL Loader to load data from flat files obtained from various facilities every day.
- Created stored procedures, functions and packages for moving the data from staging area to data mart.
- Selected and implemented agile development practices according to the application requirements for every project
- Created databases and schema objects including tables, indexes and applied constraints, connected various applications to the database and written functions, stored procedures and triggers.
- Monitored SQL Server performance using SQL Server Profiler to trace the slow running queries and optimized query execution with the use of Index Tuning Wizard and Rebuild indexes when necessary.
- Worked with complex stored procedures, joins, taking advantage of set based approach in order to replace time taking cursors, indexes and many more.
- Responsible for making an analysis of transactions of the client and determining solution for settlement of the client account.
- Extensive experience with T-SQL in constructing Triggers, Tables, implementing stored Procedures, Functions, Views, User Profiles, Data Dictionaries and Data Integrity.
- Intensive testing on improving performances of databases.
- Extensive working experience on:
- Using all kinds of SQL Server Constraints (Primary Keys, Foreign Keys, Defaults, Check, Unique etc.)
- Writing Complex Transact SQL (T-SQL) Queries, Sub queries, Co-related sub queries, Dynamic SQL queries etc.
- Programming in SQL Server .net- Stored Procedures, Triggers, User-defined Functions and Views, Cursors
- Implementing SQL Server Indexing and Query optimization using Indexes.
- Identifying the Source Systems, possible Fact tables and Dimension Tables.
- Created Conceptual design as per requirements before designing logical and physical models
- Utilized Data Modeling tool (Power Designer) while designing the Logical & Physical models /Dimensional models for OLTP & OLAP databases.
Environment: T-SQL, MS SQL SERVER, QUERY ANALYSER, VISUAL STUDIO, Power Designer,SAS, SSRS.
Confidential - Rochester, Minnesota
SQL DEVELOPER/DATA MODELER
- Involved in Planning, defining and designing the databases based on business requirements.
- Optimizing Code and Improving Efficiency in databases including Re-indexing, Updating Statistics, Using SQL Profiler, and Re-compiling Stored Procedures and performing other maintenance tasks.
- Extensively used Joins and sub-Queries to simplify complex queries involving multiple tables and also optimized the procedures and triggers to be used in production.
- Defined constraints, rules, indexes, views and triggers to enforce data and referential integrity based on architect requirements.
- Participated in designing and development of software using agile development practices .
- Creating, developing and maintaining SQL Server Stored Procedures.
- Performed daily tasks such as backup and restore by using SQL Server Management Studio.
- Used Execution Plan, SQL Profiler and database engine tuning advisor to optimize queries and enhance the performance of databases
- Writing and Debugging T-SQL, stored procedures, Views and User Defined Functions.
- Normalization and De-Normalization of tables
- Developed Backup and Restore scripts for SQL Server 2012
- Installed and Configured SQL Server 2012 with latest service packs.
- Created database objects like tables, views, indexes, stored-procedures, triggers, and user defined functions.
- Extensively used Normalization techniques (up to 3NF).
- Written T-SQL queries for the retrieval of the data.
- Developed administrative tasks of SQL Server of performing daily Backups and Recovery procedures.
- Optimized the T-SQL query performance with modifications in TSQL queries, removing unnecessary columns, establishing necessary joins.
- Involved in preparing detailed technical documents.
- Involved in code review and preparing unit test cases.
- Designed a STAR Schema for the detailed data marts and Plan data marts involving confirmed Dimensions.
- Created Logical and Physical Models for creating database.
- Generated DDL scripts and coordinated with DBA’s.
Environment: SQL Server 2008 Enterprise Edition, Share Point, Performance Monitor, Query Optimizer, Oracle 10g, MS Access, Erwin 7.
Confidential, Nashville, TN
- Optimized the performance of queries with modifications in T-SQL queries, removed unnecessary columns, and eliminated redundant and inconsistent data.
- Created numerous efficient Stored Procedures to perform data cleansing and loading task when data is loaded into staging area.
- Created views to facilitate easy user interface implementation and triggers on them to facilitate consistent data entry into the database.
- Understand Business requirements and convert them into technical specifications.
- Collaborate with the application developers in data modeling and E-R design of the systems.
- Create Materialized views & normal views as per the business requirements.
- Responsible for the management of the database performance, backup, replication, capacity and security.
- Create & modify database objects like tables, views, procedures, functions, triggers, packages, indexes, synonyms, materialized views using Oracle tools like TOAD and SQL Navigator.
- Develop SQL and PL/SQL scripts to transfer tables across the schemas and databases.
- Update procedures, functions, triggers and packages based on the change request from users.
- Support activities like Job monitoring, enhancements and resolving defects.
- Work with release team for the staging & production move.
- Work with testing teams; perform UAT testing with business users
- Implement efficient error handling process by capturing errors into user managed tables. Pair-program with developers to enhance current SQL packages to fix production issues, build new functionality and improve processing time through code optimization
- Wrote stored procedures and User Defined scalar Functions (UDFs) to be used in the SSIS packages and SQL scripts.
- Worked on Database Compression for different databases to save spaceacross different environments.
- Wrote many stored procedures for cleaning, manipulating and processing data between the databases.
- Extensively used Joins and Common Table Expressions to simplify complex queries involving multiple tables
- Worked on Filtered Views, views and Base table integration between different Source systems.
- Used Visual Studio 2008 as Source Control, to maintain drop location to test, all docs and scripts.
- Scheduled the Packages in SQL Server Agent on daily/weekly/monthly basis.
- Interacted with vendors, developers and customers to manage the business requirements.
- Verified business requirements and functional specifications.
Environment: Windows Advanced Server, ODBC, MS SQL Server2008/2012, TSQL, Visual Studio 2008, Oracle, Erwin.