- 4+ years of extensive background in Database Administration.
- Technical expertise in utilizing advanced web applications and software tools.
- Former professional experience in business management, public relations, and budgeting
- Excellent analytical, communication, interpersonal, organizational and presentational skills.Status: U.S citizen, eligible for clearance
SQL SERVER DBAConfidential, Fairfax, Virginia
- Expertise in Always - On Availability Groups (AAG) and HA/DR Setup and Configuration
- Migrated SQL server 2008 to SQL Server 2012 in Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Enterprise Edition.
- Extensively worked on SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Used DMVs, Performance dash board, Mirroring, database snapshots & tracking Performance Counters.
- Rebuilding / Monitoring the indexes at regular intervals for better performance.
- Recovering the databases from backup in disasters. Implementing Point-In-Time Recovery solutions.
- Involved in trouble shooting and fine-tuning of databases for its performance and concurrency.
- Involved in Source Data Analysis, analysis and designing mappings for data extraction also responsible for Design and Development of SSIS Packages to load the Data from various Databases and Files.
- Experience in using SQL Server Profiler, SQL Server Agent, and Database Engine Tuning Advisor(DTA).
- Expert in implementing the snapshot isolation and DDL triggers.
- Responsible for monitoring and making recommendations for performance improvement
- Performed index creation, index removal, index modification, file group modifications, and adding scheduled jobs to re-index and update statistics in databases.
- Implemented Data partitioning, Error Handling through TRY-CATCH-THROW statement, Common Table Expression (CTE).
- Performed installation of SQL Enterprise 2012 SP1 CU 5 64bit version on Windows 2012 Sp1 Clusters (HP servers in enterprise Data Centers).
IT Database Administrator
Confidential, Atlanta, Georgia
- Scripted, scheduled, and monitored different types of database backups.
- Used Quest Spotlight and Confio Ignite monitoring tools to assess various aspects of system performance.
- Used Sagent ETL applications to create base views and metaviews.
- Automated ETL processes from DB2 source environments to SQL Server destinations.
- Supervised code review of scripts and SSIS packages or DTS packages with developers.
- Approved and ran scripts for Quality Assurance and Production releases.
- Diagnosed job errors and implemented solutions to developers/ Server Administration.
- Implemented SQL Server based solution to consolidate data collection and reporting applications.
- Collaborated with faculty member, scientist and staff to design data intensive applications to capture, organize, analyze and report on data collected from scientific experiments and external sources.
- Performed daily activities such as monitoring SQL Server health, job status, addressing user requirements.
- Took responsibility of maintaining the SQL Server instances to ensure software was properly installed, security patches were applied, and upgrades were performed correctly.
- Safeguarded data by instilling backup, managing user access and securing databases.
- Operation Enduring Freedom Afghanistan
- Performed linguistic tasks with the US ARMY and Afghan Army.
- Managed and coordinated work of associates and other staff members.
- Completed foot and mobile operations in RC East.
- Organized and ran daily missions.
- Efficiently established infrastructure for a Radio station.
- In-charge of translation/linguistic tasks in the local area.
- Developed a strong and steady radio station in Moqur Afghanistan.
PROGRAMMING: C, C++, VB Scrip, TSL, JAVA, SQL and PERL
DATABASES: MS Access, DB2 and MS SQL server
XML AND WEB SERVICES: AWS, XML, DOM, XPATH, XSD, WSDL and SOAP
OPERATING SYSTEMS: AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Windows 2000 - Windows 10
NETWORK TOPOLOGIES: TC/IP, DNS, WINS, DHCP, FTP, SNMP, SMTP
TOOLS: Backup Utility, SQL LiteSpeed, Visio