- 8+ years of experience in Database Design and ETL Development of MS SQL Server 2005/2008/2012/2014/2016.
- Experience in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Worked with business users and development staff to understand/determine requirements, collaborated with application developers for delivering the requirement on time and with scalability.
- Proficient in relational database modeling (Conceptual, Logical and Physical Modeling) and normalization.
- Strong RDBMS concepts and experience in creating and maintaining Stored Procedures, Views, Functions, Triggers, Indexes, and Constraints.
- Experience in SSIS\SSRS\SSAS. Wide experience in building static, dynamic and interactive reports using BIDS and Report Builder.
- Experienced with full development cycle of a Data Warehouse, including requirements gathering, design, implementation, and maintenance.
- Experienced in ETL from various heterogeneous data sources like Access, Excel, and CSV, flat files using connectors, tasks and transformations provided by SSIS.
- Proficient in creating dynamic SSIS packages for Incremental Loads and used change data capture (CDC) control task that makes efficient data loading.
- Experienced in Configuring Batch Logging, Error Logging, event handlers and Connection Managers in SSIS.
- Experienced in designing Star, Snow flake Schemas and OLAP cubes.
- Experienced in migrating data from one SQL Server version to another.
- Experienced in database server performance tuning and optimization of Complex SQL queries.
- An excellent team player & technically strong person who has capability to work with business users, project managers, team leads and architects, thus maintaining healthy environment in the project.
- Flexible and versatile to adapt to any new environment and work on any project.
RDBMS:: SQL Server 2005/ 2008/2008 R 2/ 2012/2014/2016
Database/ETL Tools: SSIS, SSAS, SSRS
Reporting: SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Report Builder
Languages: VB.NET, C#, C++, T - SQL
MSOffice: Microsoft Office Tools
Operating Systems:: Windows Server 2008, 2008R2, 2012
Confidential - Sterling, VA
- Involved in creating functional and technical specification documents after gathering requirements from business.
- Created database objects like Tables, DML, DDL, Views, Stored Procedures, Functions, Joins, and Indexes in T-SQL based upon the functional specifications.
- Developed complex T-SQL Queries and SQL Scripts for efficient data load based on complex business rules.
- Designed complex ETL strategies to pull data from different sources, like SQL server, oracle, and flat files and load it to the destination database after using multiple transformations.
- Extracted data from various sources like SQL Server, Flat files, XML and Web services from Client servers and through FTP.
- Extensively worked on developing database objects like Stored Procedures, Views, Indexes, Triggers and Functions using T-SQL and performance tuning of SQL Queries.
- Developed SQL queries using stored procedures, common table expressions (CTEs), temporary table to support Power BI and SSRS reports.
- Created Visual Basic for Applications Tools to analyze data and interface with SQL Server to retrieve data to meet immediate and long term financial reporting needs.
- Wrote T-SQL procedures to generate DML scripts that modified database objects dynamically based on Inputs, scheduling the SSIS packages using SQL Server Agent Services.
- Knowledge of standards and best practices used in conjunction with developing reports using VB.NET, T-SQL (stored procedures and functions), and SSRS.
- Worked with OLTP, OLAP, Data Warehouse application, star schema dimensions.
- Extract dataset from different data source including SQL Server, excel and flat file prepare datasets for Power BI.
- Designed, developed and deployed different reports like Matrix and Tabular reports with Top N, Cascaded, Parameterized, and pie chart reports using SSRS with Report Builder.
- Experience in migrating SQL Server 2008 to SQL Server 2012/2014 from using linked servers and integration services.
- Designed and Developed Reports using Report Builder to easily generate reports by the user.
- Set up ETL Jobs using SSIS to run on a daily basis in SQL Server Agent.
- Configuring SSIS packages using package configuration wizard to allow Packages run on different environments.
- Created PL/SQL stored procedures, functions and packages for moving the data from staging area to data mart.
- Used SQL Profiler and Query Analyzer to optimize DTS package queries and stored procedures.
- Created SSRS Parameterized, Drill Down, Drill Through, Sub, Chart, Dashboard and Scheduled Reports, with expressions to Calculate, Group and Filter data; some with XML data sources and custom VB.NET code etc.
- Generated multiple reports from SQL Server Database (OLTP) and multidimensional data model OLAP.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2014,2012,2008 Microsoft Visual Studio 2010, MS Access, MS Excel, MS Visio, SQL Server Profiler, Windows Server 2008.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
MS SQL/ETL Developer
- Worked closely with SME’s end users/internal customers to understand project/requirement scope and involved in providing solution to implement or support production issues.
- Involved in the logical and physical data models of databases and prepared test cases for existing solution and new solutions to validate the solution met requirements.
- Created Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, Indexes, Tables, Views, SQL joins and other T-SQL code to implement business rules. (used CTE, temporary tables, user defined table types in codes developed)
- Performed T-SQL tuning and optimization of queries for reports that take longer execution time using MS SQL Profiler, Index Tuning Wizard and SQL Query Analyzer.
- Extracted data from heterogeneous sources and transformed, processed the data using SSIS.
- Scheduled jobs for SSIS packages to run monthly/weekly/daily feeds.
- Created SSIS packages to load data into Data Warehouse using Various SSIS Tasks like Execute SQL Task, bulk insert task, data flow task, file system task, send mail task, active script task, xml task and various transformations
- Deployed various types of SSIS Transforms in packages including slowly changing dimension, aggregate, fuzzy lookup, conditional split, row count, derived column etc.
- Used TFS for source code management of developed codes/version control.
- Migrated SSIS 2012 version to 2014 and used custom created DLL for transfer of files using SFTP connection.
- Debug through C# .NET code to troubleshoot production issues and created unit test methods for validation of codes developed.
- Created Alerts/log entries for successfully completed and failed jobs.
- Collaborated with network operators, application developers, engineering and DBAs to address production issues and enhance end user experience.
Environment: SQL Server 2005/2008/ R2/2012, BIDS, Visual Studio 2010/2013, T-SQL, MS Access, MS- Excel, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Windows Server 2008R2
Confidential - Dallas, TX
MS SQL/BI Developer
- Worked with business users and stakeholders to gather or refine requirements
- Deployed database objects from development/testing environment to production environment.
- Supported end users to resolve issues and assisted users on existing database applications.
- Worked with Type 1 and 2 dimensions, Fact Tables, Star Schema design, Operational Data Store (ODS), leveling and other Data Warehouse concepts.
- Used SSIS to create ETL packages to Validate, Extract, Transform and Load data to Data Warehouse and Data Mart Databases.
- Involved in Extracting, Transforming and Loading (ETL) data from Excel, Flat file to MS SQL Server by using SSIS services
- Developed periodic SSRS reports in BIDS used to generate daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports
- Checked the SQL Server is online and that still have connectivity with the front-end applications and functionality, making sure a 24/7 availability. Collaborated with multiple application owners addressing various issues
- Monitored growth of database objects for capacity planning.
- Created Documentation for steps need to be taken while upgrading the SQL server 2008/2008R2 to SQL server 2012, which includes in-place, side-by-side and standalone migration.
- Successfully migrated databases from SQL Server R2/2012, SSIS packages, SSRS reports, multiple database along all database objects like stored procedures, logins (orphaned users and after migration worked with application owner to redirect\point their application to the new migrated server)
- Enhanced the old logical and physical database design to fit new business requirement and implemented new design into SQL Server 2012.
Environment: SQL Server 2005/2008/ R2/2012, BIDS, Visual Studio 2005/2008, T-SQL, MS Access, MS- Excel, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, SSMS, Report Builder 2.0/3.0
MS SQL Developer
- Works within IT team to follow the full lifecycle development process working with development and technical operations.
- Support other ETL developerss; providing mentoring, technical assistance, troubleshooting and alternative development solutions.
- Manage, mentor and develop onshore development resources and provide project related directions to offshore team.
- Assist business and technology stakeholders in establishing data management framework with necessary data quality controls and governance.
- Created new database objects like stored procedures, Functions, Triggers, Indexes and Views using T SQL in Development and Production environment.
- Involved in Extracting, Transforming and Loading (ETL) data from Excel, Flat file to MS SQL Server by using SSIS services.
- Involved in deploying SSIS Package into Production and used Package configuration to export various package properties to make package environment independent.
- Created and maintained data warehouse schemas and ETL processes.
- Scheduled the Packages in SQL Server Agent on daily/weekly/monthly basis.
- Communicate effectively with the other external IT development teams and the local development manager.
- Work with other team members in establishing and sharing design and development techniques of the ETL process.
- Provided production support and maintenance of the data warehouse.
Environment: SQL Server 2005, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, SSMS, Visual Studio 2005, T-SQL, MS- Excel, Microsoft office 2005