- Highly motivated SQL Server/BI Developer with 71/2 Years of IT Experience in Database and Business Intelligence Technologies with expertise in Oracle SQL, SQL Server Development and Reporting using SQL Server 2014/2012/2008, SSRS and SSIS.
- Extensive knowledge of data integration and processing including extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL).
- Develop complex data extracts, applications, and ad - hoc queries as requested by internal and external customers using Oracle, SQL, SSIS
- Experience in creating/deploying Data Transformation Services (DTS), Knowledge of Integration Services (SSIS) packages, Analysis Services (SSAS) and Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Data modeling experience focusing on high-activity, normalized transaction systems (OLTP), highly usable de-normalized reporting systems (OLAP) as well as staging areas, Data marts.
- Strong development and support knowledge on Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL queries programming and creating objects such as Stored procedures, packages, functions, triggers, tables, and views.
- Deployed and uploaded the SSRS reports to Report Manager and called reports through a URL from .Net API for the end users and involved in enhancements and modifications.
- Experience in performing most of the SQL Server Management Studio functionality using T-SQL Script.
- Worked the backend by using Node js, PostgreSQL, SQL and MongoDB.
- Experience in using DMV and dynamic management functions (DMF) Of Tables, Triggers, Store Procedure for finding out long running queries.
- Expert in Developing SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services) Packages Extracting, Transforming and Loading (ETL) data into the Data warehouse from Heterogeneous databases such as Oracle SQL, DB2, SQL Server and MS Access.
- Experience in developing cubes using Partitions, KPI's, and Perspectives, slow changing dimensions (SCD) and created various user roles (SSAS).
- Experienced with and SSRS - Query, Reporting, Analysis and Enterprise Information Management.
- Experience in building Data Integration and Workflow Solutions and Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) solutions for data warehousing using tools like SSIS import and export, SSIS packages, and DTS package.
- Familiarity with SSAS, QlikView and Azure Data Warehouse.
- Strong experience in developing parameterized, Sub Reports, Matrix Reports, Charts, Drill down, Drill Through reports, using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Excellent knowledge in Dimensional Data Modeling and analyze Data warehouse by building multidimensional cubes using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Excellent troubleshooting & optimization skills: interpreting ETL logs, performing data validation, dissecting SSIS code, experience with change data capture, using expressions, scoping of variables, commonly used transforms, Event Handlers and logging providers, ability to understand and optimize the surrogate key generation and inconsistent data type handling.
- Involved in deploying, configuring and managing reports using Report Manager and Report Builder.
- Checking the code into TFS (Store Procedures, Views, Tables, Schema) for the deployment process for the production environment.
- Proficient in design and development of various dashboards, reports utilizing Power BI Visualizations like bar Graphs, scatter plots, pie-charts, geographic visualization and other making use of actions, other local and Confidential filters according to the end user requirement.
- Performed data cleaning, data validation, and data analysis using Data Analysis expressions (DAX), Power Query and Power Pivot.
- Experience in Testing (manual and automation) and maintaining data integrity across multiple databases.
BI Tools: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Management services, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), ETL, Self BI with Excel, QlikView, Alteryx
Database Query Tools: My SQL, SQL*Loader, SQL Server Management Studio, RDBMS Oracle
RDBMS: MSSQL SERVER 2016/ 2014/2012/2008 R2/2008.
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, C, C++, .NET, Visual Basic, XML and JAVA
Operating Systems: Windows2010, 2008, 2007, 2003R2, 2003, 2000Advanced Server, Windows NT, Unix.
Performance Tuning Tools: SQL Profiler, Database Tuning Advisor
Sr. SQL BI Developer
Confidential, Milwaukee, WI
- Developed the project successfully in Agile Environment, fix the broken system and face the head-on issues for the first time over years, finding out the causes for the issues.
- Working extensively in Power BI report, creating tabular cube, creating data model for Power BI Report, Validating data quality of the report.
- Worked on Microsoft Visual Studio 2016, 2017 solution explorer, team explorer, code editor and data explorer to manages databases on MS SQL Server instances. Created branches to branch in and branch out and update code as necessary.
- Create and maintain a SSIS package to implement periodic and incremental builds of the data to generate financial weekly, monthly and daily reports.
- Experience in setting up SQL Server Agent Jobs for periodic builds with backup devices, database maintenance plans and recovery.
- Experience in writing T- SQL code for developing Stored Procedures, Triggers, Views, User Defined Functions, CTE's using dynamic-queries, sub queries, Relational Database models and Data Integrity, and SQL joins.
- Analyzing and providing fixes for all issues arises during business hours with replicated PROD data and have dataflow continue.
- Comparing data to the sources, sourcing from multiple tables and databases using data compare tool and finding out the issues leading back to the source tables.
- Optimized the performance of queries with modification in SQL queries, removed unnecessary columns, eliminated redundant and inconsistent data, normalized tables, established joins and created indexes.
- Created and Analyzed Execution Plans, created Clustered and Non-Clustered Indexes, performed Table Partitioning, and Data Modelling.
- Extensive knowledge of addressing performing issues and involved in performance tuning, index tuning, Data Profiling and query optimization.
- Developed dashboard reports using Power BI. Involved in performance tuning of slowly performing stored procedures and queries.
- Worked on all kind of reports such as Yearly, Quarterly, Monthly, and Daily and different types of transformations that are available in Power BI query editor.
- Created a live dashboard sourcing its data from multiple databases and establish gateway connections.
- Meeting with the business users to understand and formulate the requirements.
- Experience in creating gateway on servers and create an instance to send notification when it’s down.
- Testing Power BI dashboards by writing SQL queries and verifying data to the sources.
Environment: : MS SQL Server 2016/2017 MS-Access, Power BI, Tableau SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Data Transformation Services (DTS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), MS Excel, Azure Devops, Microsoft Visual Studio 2017, GIT Hub
Sr. SQL BI Developer
Confidential, Minneapolis, MO
- Expertise in analysis, design, and development of end to end business intelligence solutions using the MSBI suites such as SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) & SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Experience with total SDLC process (design, documentation, development, database testing and deployment)
- Database developing using Oracle 11g, SQL Server, PL/SQL and UNIX shell script.
- Experience with using the different aspects of SQL programming like Joins, CTEs for performing accurate and expedited data analysis.
- Worked with SQL Server Integration Services in extracting data from several source systems and transforming the data and loading it into ODS.
- Development of ETL processes to cleanse, transform, and load data into an OLTP structure including logging and a record handling.
- SQL Server development including tables, user functions, views, indexes, stored procedures, functions, Joins, triggers, clustering, SQL Server Constraints, relational database models, data dictionaries, and data integrity.
- Experience in writing SQL queries, create end-user reports, and apply varying analytical techniques to solve specific business problems.
- Created various MSBI(SSIS) packages using data transformations like Merge, Aggregate, Sort, Multicasting, Lookup, Conditional Split, and SCD (Slowly Changing Dimension) and Derived column, transformation of XML based on XSD File Experience with designing the ETL process, including data read/write, data transformations, error handling, process design, logging, and Development.
- Creating SSIS packages and scheduled them as jobs to run automatically to Process the cube, load data etc.
- Hands on experience in using different transformations like SFTP Task, Script task, Fuzzy Lookup, Derived column, File System Task, Conditional split, Multicast transformation, pivot etc., using SSIS.
- Created test cases from business use cases, and Test data for UI testing .
- Reported defects that occurred during testing using a defect tracking system on Jira.
- Provided test execution and defect status to the project team.
- Developed stored procedures and complex packages extensively using PL/ SQL and shell programs.
- Build models to interpret data using statistical analysis and develop recommendations based on findings.
- Conduct appropriate functional and performance testing to identify bottlenecks and data quality issues.
- Optimized performance of various SQL scripts, stored procedures and triggers by using embedded UDFs, CTEs and System stored procedures.
Environment: Oracle, Windows Server 2012 Operating System, MS SQL Server 2016, SQL Server Data Tools for Visual Studio 2015 (SSIS), SSRS, TFS, FTP, SharePoint, MS Visio, Excel PowerPivot, MS Excel 2010/2013.
SR. SQL BI Developer
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Experienced in working with Star Schema and Snow Flake Schema modeling to develop ROLAP/MOLAP Cubes using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Created SSIS Packages to load data from sources like Excel (.xls, .xlsx), Flat Files, .csv files.
- Designing SSIS Packages using transformations to perform Data profiling, Data Cleansing and Data Transformation.
- Used SSIS to create ETL packages to validate, extract, transform and load data to data warehouse and data marts.
- Assisted in production OLAP cubes, wrote queries to produce reports using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) and Reporting service (SSRS).
- Experience in analyzing and Locks, Dead Locks and Handling the Isolation Level and Concurrency Effects.
- Used different Control Flow Tasks and Data Flow Tasks for Creating SSIS Packages. Used different types of Transformations for Data Conversion, Sorting and cleansing the data from different Sources
- Widely used SQL Profiler for investigating, checking, and enhancement of SQL Server and non-creation database code and Connected to different ODBC, OLE DB data sources (SQL Server, Oracle) and flat files to create and schedule different complex reports as per given business requirement.
- Extensively used the native tools like index tuning wizard, data base tuning advisor, profiler, Event viewer for performance analysis.
- Implemented Event Handlers and Error Handling in SSIS packages and notified process results to various user communities.
- Experience with Developing complex Workflows, Analytical applications, Iterative & Batch Macros, Chained Apps using Alteryx Designer.
- Using SSRS delivering enterprise, Web-enabled reporting to create reports that draw content from a variety of data sources.
- Responsible for on-going maintenance and change management to existing reports and optimize report performance in SSRS.
- Rebuilding indexes with different fill factors and update statistics manually and developed automated scripts
- Prepared High-Level Logical Data Models using Erwin, and later translated the model into physical model using the Forward Engineering technique.
- Worked with Optimization technique to improve the performance of the Dashboard, Data Libraries and Reports.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2014/2012/2008, MS Office (MS Word, MS, Access, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio), ERWIN, Alteryx, Microsoft Visual Studio, Query Analyzer
Sr. SQL Server Developer/Programmer
Confidential, Mayfield, OH
- Worked with Architects and Database analysts for the Design of Summary tables required for efficient Design of the Database.
- Designed & developed user interfaces Web Forms using C# and ASP.NET.
- Creating tables with cluster and non-clustered indexes on columns and created various database objects such as tables, indexes and views based on the requirement.
- Extensively used ADO.NET objects such as Data Adapter, Data Reader, Dataset and Data View for reading/updating records in the database.
- Created complex SSAS cubes with multiple fact measures groups, and multiple dimension hierarchies based on the OLAP reporting needs.
- Experience in configuration of report server and report manager scheduling, give permissions to different level of users in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Used ADO.NET extensively for data retrieving, querying, storage and manipulation.
- Worked with several types of connection managers like file connection manager, flat file connection manager, cache connection manager, ftp connection manager and data quality connection services manager.
- Development of automated job scheduling processes to allow both serial and parallel processing of SQL Server procedures.
- Responsible for SQL Error Logs /Schedule Tasks/database activity/eliminate Blocking & deadlocks user counts and connections/locks.
- Experience in Performance Tuning, Index Tuning wizard, maintenance, troubleshooting and Query optimization skills.
Environment: SQL Server Enterprise Edition 2012, Oracle, PL/SQL, Visual Studio, SQL Profiler, SSIS 2012, SSRS, SQL Reporting services, MS Access, MQ Migration Tools, ASP.NET, ADO.NET
Confidential, Valhalla, NY
- Involved in Design, Development and Maintenance Enterprise Data Architecture for enterprise data management including business intelligence systems, data quality, enterprise metadata tools, data integration, operational data stores, data marts, data warehouses, and data standards.
- Designed SSIS Packages in SQL Server to handle data migration (ETL Processes) from transaction System to Dimensional Model.
- Hands-on experience Relational Database Modeling and Dimensional Modeling in combination with SSAS to develop OLAP cubes having Star/Snowflake schemas.
- Wrote T-SQL statements for retrieval of data and Involved in performance tuning of TSQL queries and Stored Procedures.
- Developed the SSAS Multidimensional and Tabular model reports from Data warehouse using SSDT.
- Extensive experience in Relational and Dimensional Data modeling for creating Logical and Physical Design of Database and ER Diagrams using multiple data modeling tools like ERWIN, ER Studio.
- Developed Sub Reports, Matrix Reports, and Charts using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Experienced in writing parameterized Queries for generating reports, formatting report, layout, sub reports using Confidential variables, expressions and functions in SSRS.
- Coordinate and track source code and document versioning with other developers using Git and TFS
- Extensively used Transformations like Source Qualifier, Expression, Lookup, Update Strategy, Aggregator, Stored Procedure, Filter, Router, Joiner etc. Implemented Lookup transformation to update already existing target tables.
- Design, develop, and maintain various user-friendly dashboards in Tableau server using various reproducible data sources, stored procedures, view, calculations, and parameters.
- Provide timely, accurate and reliable management reporting and analysis of data.
- Expertise in using different tasks (Session, Assignment, Command, Decision, Email, Event-Raise, Event- Wait)
- Used Debugger and Breakpoints to view and edit transformations output and debug mappings.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008/2012, SQL Server Analysis Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), TFS (2010), MS Access 2007/2010, Erwin, SQL Server Profiler, Windows 2003/2008
MS SQL Developer
- Perform all SDLC phases related to extract, transform, and load (ETL) processes using SSIS and stored procedures within SQL Server environment.
- Developed various objects such as Functions, Tables, Views, Triggers, Indexes and Constraints.
- Developed User Defined Functions for giving Scores and views for the application.
- Reviewed and fine-tuned stored procedures and triggers before production migration.
- MS SQL server 2012 installation and configuration, mirroring of Data Tier Server, TFS database backup and restoration.
- Optimized queries by looking at Execution Plan for better tuning of the database.
- Created Clustered and Non-Clustered Indexes for Query Optimization and involved in Database Tuning.
- Used SQL Profiler for monitoring and troubleshooting performance issues in T-SQL code and stored procedures.
- Involved in DBA activities such as backups, restores, replication etc. Performs database tuning and troubleshooting. Install and troubleshoot replication, performs production migrations, backups, and database recovery.
- Performed Full load & Incremental load with several Dataflow tasks and Control Flow Tasks using SSIS.
- Configured Connection Manager files for SSIS packages to dynamically execute on Quality Analysis server and Production server.
- Maintained Batch logging, Error logging tables and handled errors using Event handlers.
- Create SSIS package to export and import data from SQL Server to Access, Text and Excel files and configured database mail agent for sending automatic mails.
- Created views in Tableau Desktop that were published to internal team for review and further data analysis and customization using filters and actions.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008R2, Visual Studio, Windows 2008, T-SQL, MS Excel, Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) 2008, Tfs