- Overall 8+ years of Experience on data warehousing in implementing and developing OLTP warehouse applications using SQL Server 2008 R 2/ 2012/2014/2016.
- Expert in Microsoft suite of products like SQL server Integration services (SSIS), SQL server Analysis services (SSAS) and SQL server reporting services (SSRS).
- Expertise in building ETL solutions for data warehousing using SQL server integration services (SSIS).
- Well experienced in design and development of ETL packages for integrating data from various data sources (Excel, XML, Flat File, Web API’s, MS Access) to MS SQL Server using Data Tools like SQL Server Integration services (SSIS).
- Expertise in performance tuning and optimization of queries using SQL Server Profiler and Analyzing the execution plans of the queries.
- Extensively worked on creating ETL packages using various control flow and data flow items.
- Experience in creating Complex packages with Error handling, Notifications, and Package Configurations.
- Splendidly worked on debugging SSIS packages using Breakpoints and Checkpoints and, also expert in performance tuning of the SSIS packages.
- Experience in writing power shell scripts and BIML files to automate the process of SSIS Development.
- Experience in enhancing and deploying the SSIS Packages from development server to production server.
- Mastered the ability to design and deploy rich Graphic visualizations with Drill Down and Dropdown menu option and Parameterized using Tableau and Power BI.
- Good Knowledge in developing complex reports using SQL server reporting services (SSRS).
- Worked in Tableau environment to create dashboards like weekly, monthly, daily reports using tableau desktop and published them to server.
- Experience in Performance Tuning of reports within Power BI Desktop, On Premise Power BI Server, Power BI Service.
- Expert in creating cubes with dimensions and fact tables in MOLAP warehouse using SQL server Analysis services (SSAS).
- Expertise in writing complex calculations, measures and Functions using Data Analysis Expression Language (DAX).
- Knowledge of Data warehousing concepts like Normalization of data, OLTP and OLAP systems, Physical and Logical data model and wide experience with star and Snowflake schemas.
- Experience in handling Report Manager Security, User Access, setting up Data Sources and managing Report folders.
- A well - organized, goal-oriented, highly motivated effective team member with excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
Operating Systems: Windows 10/8/7 Windows server 2016/2012/2008 R2/2008, Linux
ETL Tools: SQL server business development studio (BIDS), Data transformation services, SQL server integration services (2008, 2012, 2014)
Analysis and reporting services: SSAS, SSRS, Tableau, Qlik view, Power BI
SQL server Tools: SQL server management studio, Data base engine, Import and export wizard
Architecture: Relational DBMS, Client-server architecture, OLTP, OLAP
Programming: C, T-SQL, .net, MDX, XML, C#, BIML, Power Shell ISE
Confidential, Dayton, OH
Sr. SQL/ Azure/ Power BI Developer
- Worked with the Product Owners of multiple markets of the Organization to Analyze the requirements and also develop design specifications and technical specification documents.
- Developed T-SQL Stored Procedures and User defined functions using Dynamic SQL using advanced concepts of SQL Server.
- Developed Complex ETL Packages using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) using Various Control Flow Tasks like Execute SQL Task, Execute Package Task, Data Profiling Task and Data flow Tasks like Script Component, Derived Column etc.
- Experience in Advance performance tuning, optimizing SQL queries and building indexes
- Worked on Identifying T-SQL bottlenecks using execution plans, I/O, Disk Space and other issues.
- Experience in Developing ETL Control Architecture and building custom logging tables and implementing additional abilities like restarting the packages from the last point.
- Experience in Dimensional modeling and relational modeling to model the data marts and knowledge of implementing star, snow flake and Hybrid schemas.
- Implemented Advance Concepts like Materialized Views and Tables and pre -processing data based on the identity fields to improve the performance.
- Designed Various Reports and Automated them using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) to Support the Regulatory report submissions.
- Experience in building various dashboards to monitor the data for regulatory, Enrollment and Corporate goals using Power BI
- Experience in writing Advanced Calculations using DAX and Power query to meet the requirements of the dashboards.
- Experience working on Automated deployments using tools like Team city, Octopus and writing Automated scheduling scripts for Tidal using JSON.
- Build Data Sync job on Windows Azure to synchronize data from SQL 2012 databases to SQL Azure
- Experience Migrating the SSIS Packages to SQL Azure using Azure data factory.
Environment: s: MS SQL Server 2012/2016, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Power BI, MDX, T-SQL, XML, BIML, DAX, Power Shell ISE, C#. Net, SSMS 2012/2016, TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, Git, Sub version.
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
Sr. SQL/ETL/Power BI/Azure Developer
- Worked with Stakeholders of the organization to gather requirements and develop user case stories and designed all technical documentation as well as data dictionaries for users.
- Experience in writing power shell scripts to automate the SSIS Package development and ETL processes from various applications and legacy data sources.
- Extensively worked with Business Intelligence Markup Language (BIML) to develop and test SSIS packages.
- Developed Complex and Dynamic T-SQL Stored Procedures and User defined functions using advanced concepts like Common Table expressions, Temporary tables, Merge Statements.
- Worked on various database objects like indexes, views, triggers to maintain Data Security and Data Integrity.
- Created new stored procedures and modify existing ones using T-SQL to support business reports and processes
- Major activities include advanced performance tuning, database design, capacity planning and establishing standards for SQL installations, maintenance, tuning, and coding standards.
- Involved in dimensional modeling to model the data for the data marts and Implementation of Star, Snowflake and Hybrid Schemas.
- Developed complex SSIS packages using various Control flow tasks like Execute SQL Task, Execute Package Task, Script Task, Data Profiling Task and with Dataflow Tasks like Derived column, conditional split and custom transformations using script component.
- Experience in building custom SSIS ETL Framework for logging and Auditing purposes of the data warehouse and built ROLAP cube from the data warehouse.
- Maintained the physical database by monitoring Performance, Integrity and Optimize SQL queries for maximum efficiency using SQL Profiler Index Tuning Wizard.
- Converted reports from legacy reporting to new reports using SSRS, Tableau and Power BI
- Developed parameter and dimensional reports, drill-down reports, matrix reports, charts, and Tabular reports using Tableau Desktop.
- Expert in creating Calculations (LOD, Cube Calculations, Creating/using Parameters, Table Calculations, Totals) and Formatting (Annotations, Layout Containers, Mark Labels, Rich Text Formatting, Shared Encoding) using Tableau Desktop.
- Developed various reports and Dashboards of operational and research data of the organization using Tableau and Power BI.
- Experience in development of visualizations with web analytic tools like google analytics.
- Experience in performance tuning, data profiling and administration of databases.
- Data migration from On-premise to Azure cloud, Azure SQL Server.
Environment: s: MS SQL Server 2012/2016, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Tableau, Power BI, Google Analytics, MDX, T-SQL, XML, BIML, DAX, Power Shell ISE, C#. Net, SSMS 2012/2016, Atlassian tools (Bit bucket, JIRA), Sub version.
Confidential, Bronx, NY
Sr. SQL/BI developer/Tableau Developer
- Involved in gathering business requirements to perform development and testing.
- Created and executed several SSIS packages to perform ETL operations of the data from SQL server 2008 R2 to SQL server 2012.
- Involved in designing, developing, and testing of the ETL (Extract, Transformation, and Load) strategy to populate the data from various source systems feeds using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Involved in Data Migration from different data sources to SQL Server 2012 As per Project Need.
- Created SSIS Packages using Derived Column, Condition Split, Lookup, Aggregate, Execute SQL Task, Data Flow Task, and Execute Package Task to generate underlying data for the reports.
- Extensively worked on Data cleansing to load clean data from the OLTP to the data warehouse.
- Experience in providing Logging, Debugging and Error handling by using Event Handlers, and Catalog Logging, break point, data viewers, check points for SSIS Packages.
- Deployed the SSIS Packages from development server to production server using package configurations.
- Created complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions (UDF), Indexes, Tables, Views and other SQL code and SQL joins for applications following SQL code standards.
- Worked on Identifying Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and Metrics for Business needs in SSAS.
- Developed Multi-Dimensional Cubes in Data Warehouse using SSAS.
- Involved in complete SDLC life cycle in creating SSIS packages, building, deploying, and executing the packages in both the environments (Development and Production).
- Worked on creating the jobs and alerts using SQL Server agent for SSIS packages.
- Created Star Schema for OLAP cube generation and extensively worked on dimension modeling for analysis using SQL server analysis services (SSAS).
- Created incremental refreshes for data sources on Tableau server to improve the performance.
- Published of various kinds of live/extract based interactive data visualizations, dashboards, reports and workbooks from Tableau Desktop to Tableau servers
- Experience in publishing reports, data source and dashboards, scheduling refresh, create projects, groups, users, exporting the reports in different Formats in Tableau server.
Environments : MS SQL Server Enterprise 2012/2008 R2, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Tableau, T-SQL, Windows 2008 Advance Server, C#.NET, MS Office, SQL Server Management Studio 2012, .NET Framework 4.5, XML, TFS 2010
Confidential, San Antonio, TX
- Developed complex SSIS packages using proper control and data flow elements.
- Worked along with the team to build SSIS packages to perform data conversion and loading of data for current reports and historical reports.
- Migrating data from various OLTP data sources, such as Oracle, MS Access, MS Excel, Flat Files, CSV files into SQL Server 2012.
- Worked with SSIS Variables, Scripting, event-handlers, package configurations and deployment
- Worked on different kinds of Transformations in SSIS like Audit, Lookup, Multicast, Conditional Split, Derived column, Union all etc. to create ETL packages.
- Developed SSIS Packages to migrate data from OLTP, Access, flat files, and Excel into Repository for further Data Analysis and Reporting using multiple transformations.
- Worked on SSIS performance tuning using counters, error handling, event handling, re-running of failed SSIS packages using checkpoints.
- Involved in designing Parameterized Reports and Report Models for generating Ad-Hoc reports.
- Developed various types of reports like Cascading, Tabular, Matrix and Drill down reports using SSRS.
- Experience in Performed tuning and optimization for reports that take longer execution time using MS SQL Profiler, Index Tuning wizard and SQL Query Analyzer.
- Knowledge in developing and modifying multi-dimensional cubes using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
Environment: s: SQL Server 2012/2008R2 Enterprise Edition, MSBI Suite (SSAS, SSIS, SSRS), XML, MS PowerPoint, OLAP, OLTP, Erwin, MS Project, MS Access 2008, Windows Server 2008, Oracle
Confidential, Columbia, MD
SQL Server/MS BI Developer
- Experience in Creating, Configuring, and Fine-tuning ETL workflows designed in MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Strong understanding of the principles of Data warehousing, Fact Tables, Dimension Tables, Dimensional modeling.
- Knowledge in developing and modifying multi-dimensional cubes using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
- Created Tabular, Matrix, Chart, Drilldown Reports, Parameterized, Cascading reports according to business requirement and deployed the generated reports directly on the client's workstation.
- Experienced in writing Parameterized Queries for generating Tabular reports, formatting report layout, Sub reports using Global Variables, Expressions, Functions, Sorting the data, defining data source and subtotals for the reports using SSRS
- Excellent T-SQL skills including Stored Procedures, Indexed Views, User Defined Functions, Common Table Expressions, and Triggers.
- Involved in Huge data migrations, transfers using utilities like SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
Environments : MS SQL Server 2008/2008 R2/2012, SSIS, SSRS, T-SQL, Windows Server 2008, MS Excel, and MS Office, SQL Server Management Studio 2012, DOT NET Framework 4.5, XML.
SQL Database Developer
- Defined and designed the data sources, data flows, worked in conjunction with the data warehouse architect on the development of logical data models.
- Created ETL packages using SSIS to move data from various heterogeneous data sources.
- Configured SSIS packages using Package configuration wizard to allow packages run on different environments.
- Worked with SSIS to create ETL packages to extract, transform and load the data to the data warehouse.
- Created new views, wrote stored procedures for Application Developers and some user defined functions.
- Performed data conversions from flat files into a normalized database structure.
- Regularly monitored the system for bottlenecks (CPU, RAM, Disk IO, and Networking) Performance tuning of SQL queries and stored procedures using SQL Profiler and Index Tuning Wizard.
- Performed development support, document reviews, test plan, integration of the system.
- Creation/ Maintenance of Indexes for fast and efficient reporting process.
- Experience in Managing historical data from various heterogeneous data sources (i.e. Excel, Access) and Created database objects as needed
Environment: s: MS SQL Server 2008/2005, SQL Server Reporting services (SSRS), Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), Microsoft office Suite.