- Overall 8+ Years of experience in Tableau Desktop 10.3.1, 10.1, 10.2, 9.3, 8.x / Server and SQL server , creating highly interactive Data Visualization reports and dashboards.
- Strong experience in SQL Server development , System Analysis , Design, Development and Support of MS SQL Server 2016,2014,2012, 2008R,2008 .
- Strong understanding of project life cycle and SDLC methodologies including RUP , RAD , Waterfall and Agile .
- Extensive experience in designing, developing and publishing visually rich and intuitively interactive Tableau workbooks and dashboards for executive decision making .
- Extensively built dashboards using techniques for guided analytics , interactive dashboard design, and visual best practices to convey the story inside the data using Tableau .
- Expertise in Developing User Objects (filters, prompts, metrics, Sets and Groups, Calculated Fields) to develop Documents and reports .
- Exceptional experience in dealing with various databases like Teradata, Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, MS Access, and Flat files .
- Experienced professional having thorough knowledge of SQL Server , Dashboards , Reports , Teradata , Excel and desktop management .
- Expert in strong understanding of dimensional data modelling , Strong SQL optimization capabilities, Metadata management i.e., Connections, Data model and VizQL model .
- Hands on Experience on Google Big Query (Google Cloud).
- Created Tables in Google cloud using Big Query . Extracting the data from the Google Cloud for reporting on Tableau .
- Proficient in Dimensional Modeling using Kimball and Inmon methodologies for Star and Snowflake schema designs of Data Warehouse and Data Integration projects.
- Outstanding knowledge in writing complex SQL queries , stored procedures, database tuning, query optimization and resolving key performance issues.
- Hands - on experience in trouble shooting, Performance tuning of reports and resolving issues within Tableau Dashboards and worksheets .
- Experience with Relational Databases in a SQL/Oracle Server environment.
- Experience with MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), (SSIS) MS SQL Server Integration services , MS SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Impeccable attention to detail & accuracy, handle process information, business models and needs.
- Skilled at handling requirements, analysis, maintenance support. Self-motivated and goal oriented with high degree of flexibility, creativity, resourcefulness, commitment and optimism.
Reporting Tools: Tableau, Business Object Suite Business Objects BI 4.0, SAP BW, Web I XI/6i/2.6, Designer, Reporter/Desktop Intelligence/Web Intelligence Rich Client (3.1), Supervisor, Broadcast Agent, Info view, Crystal Reports Crystal Enterprise, Central Management Console, Xcelsius, QaawS, Live Office, Xcelsius, Methodologies Waterfall, SCRUM and Agile, Complete Software Development Life Cycle, Iterative, Scrum.
ETL tools: SQL Loader, Informatica Power Center 8.1, 7.1, 6.2.
Databases: Oracle SQL Server Sybase, Teradata, MS Assess, DB2.
Data Modeling Tools: ER Studio, VISIO, Dimensional Data Modeling (Star Schema, Snow-Flake, FACT Dimensions), ERWIN iGrafx
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, C, C++, JAVA, J2EE, HTML, XHTML
Operating systems: UNIX, LINUX, Windows 98, XP, 2008/NT.
Application Servers: Web Logic, Web Sphere, Tomcat.
Software Packages: MS OFFICE, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio, MS Project, Erwin.
Confidential, Seattle, WA
- Responsible for creating efficient design and developing User Interaction dashboards using Tableau Desktop 10.3.1.
- Using Google Big Query and Google Cloud for the latest requirements from the Business users.
- Analyzing the data by Google Big Query and then building the dashboards by connecting to Google Big Query .
- Involved in Migration of SSRS reports to Interactive Tableau Dashboards .
- Developed YoY , QoQ , MoM reports which compare the hiring activity parameters from the previous years, quarters and month in a fiscal year.
- Combined multiple dashboards into a single story to enhance the visual appeal of the report.
- Worked on Proof of Concepts to decide Tableau as a BI strategy for enterprise reporting.
- Used excel sheet, flat files, CSV files to generated Tableau adhoc reports .
- Translated business needs into data analysis , business intelligence data sources and reporting solutions for different types of information consumers.
- Blended data from multiple databases into one report by selecting primary keys from each database for data validation .
- Prepared Dashboards using calculations, parameters in Tableau and created calculated fields, groups, sets and hierarchies etc.
- Used various join types (left, inner, right, outer joins) based on business requirements.
- Used techniques like data blending which brings data from multiple data sources into a single view in Tableau .
- Designed and developed graphic rich visualizations with Drill Down and Drop-Down menu option.
- Created non-hierarchical quick filter with sets.
- Used symbol maps , filled maps and other map options to plot geographical data.
- Created Tableau field maps feature with specific geographical roles.
- Published the developed dashboards into production and ensured the data was up to date by scheduling extract refreshes, performed performance tuning of the dashboard and created Tableau functional design document.
- Supported Post Production Application Support.
Environment : Tableau 10.3.1, Tableau Server 10.3.1, SQL Server 2016/2014, WinSQL, SSRS Google Big Query - Google cloud, MS Office Suite, HP Service Manager, HPALM. SharePoint, Windows 7/10.
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
Sr. Tableau Developer
- Gathered end user requirements from business and Finance to develop Executive dashboards constituting of Financial Forecast, Pre sales, Risk and underwriting Business.
- Involved in reviewing business requirements and analyzing data sources from Teradata Server .
- Developed Design Documents and Technical Documents as per confidential .
- Received data and records in various format in regards of operation information and connect data source to Tableau for visualized analysis .
- Representing data using the visualizations such using Charts .
- Used tableau to create worksheets , dashboards and stories for analysis purpose, using features such as filters , calculation fields , parameters , geo coding etc. to manipulate data and create advanced type of charts.
- Used Tableau Desktop to create various analysis worksheets, including customer analysis and equipment analysis .
- Using Multiple Measures like Individual Axes , Blended Axes , and Dual Axes .
- Developed Drill Down and Drop-down menu option and parameterized Dashboards using Tableau .
- Involved in Custom Geo-Coding ; By creating a .CSV file and Assigning geographic roles to fields not recognized by tableau .
- Used different Mark types and Mark properties in views to provide better insights into large data sets.
- Developed Scorecards/Reports for the system using Tableau .
- Used landing page with navigations to provide quick access to target dashboards.
- Use Measure name and Measure Value fields to create visualizations with multiple measures and dimensions.
- Combine data sources by joining multiple tables and using data blending .
- Use parameters and input controls to give users control over certain values.
Environment: Tableau v9, Tableau Server v9, te, MS Access, Teradata, MS Excel, MS Office Suite, HPSM, Windows 7.
Confidential, Boston, MA
Tableau / BI Developer
- Actively involved in gathering requirements from end users, involved in modifying various technical & functional specifications.
- Analyzed requirements for various reports, dashboards, scorecards and created proof of concept / prototype the same using Tableau desktop.
- Mentored business power users to create reports/dashboards using tableau desktop.
- Designed and developed various analytical reports from multiple data sources by blending data on a single worksheet in Tableau Desktop.
- Extensively used advance chart visualizations in Tableau like Dual Axis, Box Plots, Bullet Graphs, Tree maps, Bubble Charts, Water Fall charts, funnel charts etc., to assist business users in solving complex problems.
- Utilized advance features of Tableau software like to link data from different connections together on one dashboard and to filter data in multiple views at once.
- Created Prompts, customized Calculations, Conditions and Filter (Local, Global), Parameters, Groups and sets for various analytical reports and dashboards.
- Create and modify Interactive Dashboards and Creating guided navigation links within Interactive Dashboards.
- Created Table of Contents (TOC), a common navigation page which had all the links to various reports.
- Extensively used analytical features in Tableau like Statistical functions and calculations, trend lines, forecasting etc. in many tableau reports.
- Publish the developed dashboard, reports on the Tableau Server so that the end users having access to the server can view the data.
- Scheduled frequency and time to refresh data for the when sources are published or extracted to server.
- Responsible to facilitate load testing and benchmarking the developed product with the set performance standards.
- Actively participated in clarification meeting with Clients.
- Created Test Cases and documented the Test Results.
- Involved in testing the SQL Scripts for report development, Tableau reports, Dashboards, Scorecards and handled the performance issues effectively.
- Involved in Onsite & Offshore coordination to ensure the completeness of Deliverables.
Environment: Tableau (Desktop, Server), Teradata, Teradata SQL Assistant, Teradata Administrator, SQL, PL/SQL, MS Project.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Built Strategic, Analytical and operational dashboards using Tableau.
- Developed story telling dashboards in Tableau Desktop and published them on to Tableau Server which allowed end users to understand the data on the fly with the usage of quick filters for on demand needed information.
- Worked on claims data of the company like Confidential .
- Developed Wrapper in Python for instantiating multi-threaded application.
- Involvement in end-to-end activity of dashboard development from requirements gathering to deployment phase.
- Performed administrative and support activities across a multi-environment Tableau infrastructure including security administration, release management, troubleshooting and general systems maintenance.
- Worked in Confidential team where solved issues raised by the front-end users and worked on the Tableau reports per the user's requirements.
- Reviewed basic SQL queries and edited inner, left, and right joins in Tableau Desktop by connecting live/dynamic and static datasets.
- Tableau integration for enhanced experience for the users.
- Created extracts and published data sources on tableau Server for the users from various databases in Green Plum. Used complex joins and validated them by running and tuning long SQL queries.
- Experienced in writing complex SQL Queries, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Views, Cursors, Joins, Constraints, DDL, DML and User Defined Functions to implement the business logic and created clustered and non-clustered indexes.
- Scheduled data refresh on Tableau Server for weekly and monthly increments based on business change to ensure that the views and dashboards were displaying the changed data accurately.
- Tested dashboards to ensure data was matching as per the business requirements and if there were any changes in underlying data.
Environment : Desktop 8.1, Tableau Server, MS Office Suite, SQL Server, SAS, SSRS, SSIS, MS Excel, Sales, Teradata.
SQL BI Developer
- Involved in Planning, Defining and Designing database based on business requirements and provided documentation.
- Developed logical and physical data models for schemas using Erwin.
- Installed MS SQL Server 2008 and Management tools using SQL Server Setup Program.
- Coordinated with DBA in creating and managing tables, indexes, triggers, db links and privileges.
- Designed, created and reviewed primary objects such as views, indexes based on logical design models, user requirements and physical constraints.
- Responsible for optimizing all indexes, SQL queries, stored procedures to improve the quality of software.
- Designed SSIS Packages to transfer data from flat files to SQL Server using Business Intelligence Development Studio.
- Extensively used SSIS transformations such as lookup, merge, derived column, data conversion and aggregate etc.
- Wrote T-SQL queries, Store Procedures and used them to build packages.
- Converted existing Excel templates into SSRS reports to migrate the reporting model to SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Responsible for creating cubes and dimensions using MS SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Created business critical KPIs using MS SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) representing aggregations in several different ways - hierarchically and using custom groupings that the company will use to analyze performance.
- Calculated measures and dimension members using MDX, mathematical formulas and user defined functions.
- Effectively used Normalization and De-Normalization techniques for both OLTP and OLAP systems in creating Database Objects like tables, Constraints and Indexes.
- Designed, Developed and Deployed reports in MS SQL Server environment using SSRS-2008.
- Generated Sub-Reports, drill down reports, Drill through reports and Parameterized reports using SSRS.
- Created reports to retrieve data using Stored Procedures that accept parameters.
- Performed daily tasks including backup and restore by using MS SQL Server 2008 tools like SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Profiler, SQL Server Agent, and Database Engine Tuning Advisor.
- Performed T-SQL tuning and optimization of queries for reports that take longer execution time using MS SQL Profiler, Index Tuning Wizard and SQL Query Analyzer in MS SQL Server 2008.
- Supported production operation activities, with focus on integration and development of new and existing products and services.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008 /2008R2, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, BIDS, Visual Studio 2005/2008, Erwin v7.3, Windows NT/2003, MS.NET 3.5.