- Over 5.5 + Years of Extensive working experience as an Oracle PL/SQL Developer with proven ability in the area of Client/Server and Distributed Multi - tier Application Development, Data modeling, Design, Development, Data processing, System Analysis, Deployment and Support with Oracle technology on different platforms.
- Expert working experience in Oracle PL/SQL Development using various Oracle key components such as Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages, DB Triggers, Views, Materialized Views, DBlinks, Exception handling, Oracle Supplied Packages, Collections, PL/SQL Types, External Tables, Merge Statements, Autonomous transactions, Global Temporary Tables (GTT), Bulk Load, Cursor, Ref Cursors, Partitioned Tables, Dynamic SQL, SQL*Loader, Data Pump, UTL FILE, Database Links etc.
- Expertise in Creating and Maintaining Database objects like Tables, Views, Indexes, Constraints, Materialized Views, Synonyms, and Sequences.
- Proficient in the Data Manipulation using SQL for the retrieval of data from the Relational Database (inner joins, outer join, group by, order by, cursors, etc.)
- Knowledge of overall search architecture, load balancing and high availability for Endeca servers.
- Proficient in Oracle Tools and Utilities such as SQL*Loader, TOAD, SQL Developer, and PL/SQL Developer
- Proficient in writing and tuning Complex SQL statements, complex joins co-related sub-queries and SQL statements with Analytical Functions (ROW NUMBER, RANK, DENSE RANK, Lag, Lead, Connect by level etc).
- Experience in writing Dynamic SQL Statements using EXECUTE IMMEDIATE and DBMS SQL.
- Worked in extensively on Query Level Performance tuning using Explain Plan, SQL Trace and TKPROF utilities to pin point time consuming SQL's and tuned them by creating indexes and forcing specific plans.
- Working knowledge on using new partitioning techniques like Interval, Reference and Extended Composite (List-List, List-Range) Partitioning.
- Expertise in loading data from XML/FLAT files into Oracle Database Tables using SQL*LOADER and External Tables.
- Proficient in writing SQL statements with Window Aggregate Functions using ROWS or RANGE clause.
- Expertise in Oracle Data Pump commands like EXPDP and IMPDP for Data Migration.
- Extensive experience in writing ANSI SQL functions, Stored Procedures within Composite Data type.
- Extensive working experience in Terabyte environment (8+ Terabytes).
- Extensive experience in developing multi-threaded database processes using Oracle packages like DBMS SCHEDULER, DBMS STATS.
- Strong experience with Oracle Data Warehouse, ETL Process, Data analysis for ODS, Online Transactional Processing (OLTP) and Data Warehouse logical/physical, relational and multi-dimensional modeling (Star Schema, Snowflake Schema), Optimization, Partitioning, Archiving and capacity planning.
Databases: Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11g/12c, MySQL 5, MS SQL SERVER 2005/2008, DB2/UDB, SAP Tables and MS Access
Programming Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, Unix shell scripts, SAS, C/C++/C#, Perl, XML, HTML, VB.NET
Data Warehousing: Star & Snow: Flake Schema Modeling, Erwin, Sybase Power Developer, SSIS, SSRS, OWB, ODI
Dev. Tools: Windows/Linux/Mac OS Environment, Eclipse, Git, XCode, Subversion (SVN), CVS, ClearCase.
Tools: TOAD, SQL*PLUS, SQL Developer, SQL*Loader, Crystal Reports, Forms 6i/9i/10g, Reports 6i/9i/10g, Workflow Builder and XML Publisher
Confidential, Weehawken, NJ
Oracle/PL SQL Developer
- Experience in Database Application Development, Query Optimization, Performance Tuning and DBA solutions and implementation experience in complete System Development Life Cycle.
- Involved in SDLC gathering requirements from end users. Participated in system analysis and data modeling.
- Used Shell scripting for host concurrent programs and migration scripts for deployment.
- Modified PL/ SQL procedures, functions, and packages for data population and manipulation as per user requirements.
- Involved in Complete Software Development Lifecycle Experience (SDLC) from Business Analysis to Development, Testing, Deployment and Documentation.
- Interacted with end users and developers to validate the data model.
- Coded Oracle and SQL data base description and specified identifiers of Oracle database to data base management System or directs others in coding data base description.
- Write technical design documents for conversions, extensions, interfaces and reports.
- Designed and developed the Packages, procedures, functions efficiently in loading, validating and cleansing the data. Also worked on creating users and roles as needed for the applications.
- Extensively used SQL Loader, UTL FILE and External Table mechanisms to load flat file and XML type data files and data from various sources into the Oracle database tables.
- Involved in debugging and Tuning the PL/ SQL code, tuning queries, optimization for the Oracle database.
- Developed applications using Visual Basic as front end and Oracle database as back end.
- Participated in system analysis and data modeling, which included creating tables, views, indexes, synonyms, triggers, functions, procedures, cursors and packages. Created programming code using advanced concepts of Records, Collections and Dynamic SQL.
- Extensively Used the DBMS XMLGEN and DBMS XMLSTORE package to generate and insert XML files in Oracle 11g.
- Designed/developed tables, views, materialized view, stored procedures, packages and functions.
- Used advanced Bulk techniques (FOR ALL, BULK COLLECT) to improve performance. Developed Installation scripts for all the deliverables.
- Automated scripts by scheduling control-M jobs, by using PowerShell scripts and windows scripting for improvement in performance of reporting.
- Excellent working experience on Scrollbars, GUI Buttons and Graphics.
- Involved in performance tuning on SQL using AUTO TRACE, EXPLAIN PLAN, TKPROF utilities.
- Performed SQL and PL/ SQL tuning and Application tuning using various tools like EXPLAIN PLAN, SQL*TRACE, TKPROF and AUTOTRACE.
- Created Oracle forms components such as object groups, property classes and visual attributes
- Created and manipulated stored procedures, functions, packages and triggers using TOAD. Wrote heavy stored procedures using dynamic SQL to populate data into temp tables from fact and dimensional tables for reporting purpose.
- Created PL/ SQL scripts to extract the data from the operational database into simple flat text files using UTL FILE package.
- Created materialized views using different clauses like FAST, COMPLETE, FORCE, ON COMMIT.
- Experience in working with IMPLICIT CURSORS, EXPLICIT CURSORS, and REF CURSORS.
- Designed and created complex source to target mappings (STTM) using various transformations inclusive of but not limited to Aggregator, Look Up, Joiner, Source Forms, Source Qualifier, Expression, Sequence Generator, and Router Transformations.
- Created records, tables, collections (nested tables and arrays) for improving Query performance by reducing context switching.
- Ensure that the best practices and standards are followed in PL/ SQL.
- Supported unit testing, system testing and UAT testing.
- Track the development of the project and review the code to maintain good quality.
- User training and post-production support.
- Good working knowledge of PL/ SQL and UNIX in Production Support.
- Postproduction support, Performance tuning and Query optimization for Reports and Interfaces using Explain plan.
Environment: Oracle 11g, SQL, PL/SQL, SQL* Plus, SQL * Loader, TOAD, Oracle Forms & reports 11g, Informatica/ETL, JIRA.
Jr. Oracle Developer
Confidential, Denver, CO
- Understand the Business requirements and convert them into technical specification
- Written complex SQL's using joins, sub queries and correlated sub queries in Oracle accordingly
- Created database objects such as Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages, Collections, Cursors, Ref Cursors, Constraints, Views, Database Links and user-defined data types
- Created Custom Triggers on Application tables to keep track of changes for Auditing in AOMA application
- Implement various advanced features of Oracle such as Table Partitioning, Indexing strategies, DBMS Scheduler according to the requirement
- Used Concurrent Version System (CVS) Plug in along with Eclipse tool so that all the developed scripts are checked in, checked out accordingly for any future production build so that different
- Used Collections, Bulk Binds to improve performance by minimizing the number of context switches between the PL/ SQL and SQL engines
- Developed Unix Shell Scripts with embedded SQL*Loader calls and PL/ SQL statements to extract data from the legacy application in the form of flat files and load the extracted data into the new application
- Provided insights into Performance Tuning, Analysis, and Troubleshooting of the DB layer of the application
- Created database objects like tables, indexes, views, packages and procedures using Toad
- Extensively worked on developing custom packages using Oracle PL/ SQL for various business requirements
- Run batch jobs for loading database tables from Flat Files using SQL*Loader
- Proactively tuned SQL queries and performed refinement of the database design leading to significant improvement in system response time and efficiency
- Prepared program specifications for PL/ SQL Procedures and Functions to do the conversion
- Provide timely Production Support by quickly analyzing the root cause and by providing alternatives to resolve issues
- Documented the work by creating various reference manuals for reference by future testers and users
- Performance enhancement and bug fixing of database objects
Environment: Oracle 10g, 11g, MS SQL Server 2012, TOAD, SQL Developer
- Installation and configuration of SQL Server 2000 on Window 2000/NT OS
- Experience with Data Profiling, Data Quality and Data Cleansing
- Experience with SQL Server and good understanding of various data models and schema (such as Star Schema, snowflake schema)
- Experience in writing SQL DDL and DML Scripts
- Experience with executing conversion in mock environments for practice runs
- Good understanding and experience working with data source to target mapping specifications.
- Managing of database objects like Tables, views, stored procedures, indexes etc.
- Written complex stored procedures and functions according to business requirements
- Implementing Backups and restoring when necessary
- Used BCP utility to publish table output to text files
- Worked on Power BI and prepared dashboards using Tableau to make it more attractive. Proficient in working with Tableau Server and Tableau Desktop
- Developed DTS Packages to transfer the data between SQL Server database and files
- Creation and management of Database maintenance plan for various database consistency checks
- Used SQL Profiler to monitor the server performance, debug T-SQL and slow running queries Extensively used Global Temporary Tables for data processing both staging, and session based.
- Created databases and schema objects including tables, indexes and applied constraints, connected various applications to the database and written functions, stored procedures and triggers
- Excellent knowledge in RDBMS concepts and constructs along with Database Objects creation such as Tables, User Defined Data Types, Indexes (Clustered and Non Clustered), Stored Procedures, Views, User Defined Functions, Cursors and Triggers.
- Auditing and performance tuning of the SSIS package.
- Providing dynamic configuration to SSIS packages by using xml, environmental variables, sql server tables.
- Writing log entries to Text file, XML, Sql Server Profiler, sql server for troubleshooting.
- Bulk upload for large files.
- Client used to share data at a common B2B channel at SharePoint location, data can be in the form of Excel,CSV, Flat File, sql, excel, extracting data and performing set of transformations like Audit, Conditional Split, Copy Column, Conditional Split… and Loading data to the destinations.
- Setting up the web service task by using http connection manager and wsdl file, Web services are the methods for sharing information among applications
- Extensively used SSIS transformations such as Lookup, Derived column, Data conversion, Aggregate, Conditional split, SQL task, Script task and Send Mail task etc.
- Performing the ETL operations to support the incremental, historical data loads and transformations using SSIS.
- Created SSIS packages for File Transfer from one location to the other using FTP task.
- Designed SSIS packages for synchronizing data between different
- Experience in report writing using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and creating various types of reports like drill down, Parameterized, Cascading, Conditional, Table, Matrix, Chart and Sub Reports
- Developed Tableau data visualization using Cross tabs, Heat maps, Box and Whisker charts, Scatter Plots, Geographic Map, Pie Charts and Bar Charts and Density Chart.
- Worked on monitoring and tuning of SQL scripts. Created upgrade scripts for production database and supported it
- Managing of users including creation/alteration, grant of system/db roles and permission on various database objects
- Extensively Developed SQL scripts for maintaining administration tasks
- Created Database Objects - Tables, Indexes, Views, Stored Procedures and User defined functions according to the requirements of the project
- Involved in Database design, creation and maintenance of Databases
- Managing the use of disk space, memory & connections by monitoring
- Created tables and views, functions, stored procedures, triggers and constraints using T-SQL
- Monitoring & tuning SQL scripts by performance monitoring. Creating upgrade scripts for Production Database and supporting it
- Server & Application fine-tuning & trouble shooting
- Wrote maintenance plans and code optimization. Set up the DTS package for importing and exporting data to and from SQL Server
- Worked on database designing, logical and physical data modeling, worked on large scale data migration using BCP, DTS, SQL Scripts, stored procedures, triggers, views, etc.
- Monitoring MS SQL Server performance and network issues
- Performance monitoring and tuning of SQL servers and Data transfers using BCP
Environment: MS SQL Server 2000 / 7.0, Windows 2003 Server, MS Access and Windows NT, Erwin