- Having 7 years of experience in Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence applications design, development and Maintenance of Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Analytical Services (SSAS) and Data Transformation Services (DTS).
- Experience in data analysis, design and development of databases for business applications in a client/server and data warehouse environments in SQL 2005/2008/2012/2014/2016.
- Expert in all areas of SQL Server development including tables, user functions, views, indexes, Stored procedures, functions, triggers, clustering, T - SQL, relational database models, data dictionaries, and data integrity.
- Well versed in normalization/de-normalization techniques for optimum performance in relational and dimensional database environments and building Referential Integrity Constraints.
- Good knowledge in RDBMS concepts, Data warehousing concepts, OLTP&OLAP.
- Expertise in MS SQL Server databases with tools like Index Tuning Wizard, SQL Profiler, and Windows Performance Monitor for optimal Performance.
- Experience in Interacting with Business users to analyze the business process and transforming requirements into screens, performing ETL, documenting and rolling out the deliverables.
- Expertise in Extract Transform Load (ETL) and Data Transformation Services (DTS).
- Strong Experience in Creating, Configuring, Deploying and Testing SSIS Packages.
- Expertise in Extraction, Transformation, Loading the data from Oracle, SQL Server, Access, Excel, Flat Files and XML using DTS, SSIS.
- Great Expertise in creating and managing Event Handlers, Package Configurations, Logging, System and User-defined Variables for SSIS Packages.
- Expertise in creating SQL server Reports using SSRS 2008.
- Expertise in creating Report Models for building Ad hoc reports using SSRS.
- Proficiency in creating diverse types of reports such as Crosstabs, Conditional, Pie Chart Reports, Drill down, Top N, Summary and Sub reports and formatting them.
- Knowledge and experience in designing, developing and deploying Reports and Dashboards.
- Good understanding and designing of Star and Snow Flake data models Schema used in relational, dimensional and multidimensional data modeling.
- Experience in Creating, Modifying Measures, Dimensions Attribute relationships and Hierarchies.
- Experience in managing Alerts, Operators and Scheduled Jobs through SQL Server Agent.
- Experience in using Performance Monitor/Profiler to solve Dead Locks.
- Experience in code optimization and improving efficiency in databases including re-Indexing, updating statistics, Recompiling Stored Procedures and performing other maintenance tasks.
Database: RDBMS,MS SQL Server 2008/R 2/2012/2014/2016 , Oracle10g.
Database Tools: BIDS 2008, SSDT 2012, Management Studio, Analysis Services (SSAS), Visual Studio, Query Analyzer, SQL Profiler, TFS.
Data Modeling Tools: Power Designer 12.5, ER Studio 8.0.1, MS Visio 6.0.
SQL, T: SQL, PL/SQL
ETL Tools: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Import/Export Wizard, Bulk Insert, BCP.
Applications: Microsoft Office 2000/2003/2007.
Reporting Tools: SSRS, Report Builder, Business Objects.
Confidential, Twinsburg, OH
Sr.SQL BI Developer
- Analyze utilization data to identify patterns and trends that may impact overall performance.
- Designed Data flows, workflows and jobs to load data from source to target.
- Conducted design walk through sessions with Business Intelligence team to ensure that reporting requirements are met for the business.
- Generated Database SQL scripts based in business requirements.
- Work closely with PM and Development teams to create and test the mappings to heterogeneous sources to the data ware house.
- Created Database Objects like Stored Procedures, Triggers and User Defined Functions (UDF) for this project.
- Created Views to maintain security of customer data.
- Created Indexes to get the high level performance.
- Used Reverse Engineering approach to redefine entities, relationships and attributes in the data model as per new specifications in Erwin after analyzing the database systems currently in use.
- Created Stored Procedures using Dynamic SQL and Database triggers, cursors, table types and business analytical functions to carry out various tasks.
- Participated in installation of SQL Server and Enterprise manger tools using SQL Server Setup Program.
- Designed SSIS packages for synchronizing the data between two different servers.
- Created SSIS packages to extract data from OLTP to OLAP systems and scheduled jobs to call the packages.
- Used various advanced SSIS functionalities like complex joins, conditional splitting, column conversions for better performance during package execution.
- Created SSIS Packages to migrate slowly changing dimensions.
- Create Daily/Weekly/Monthly power view reports using Power View Reports and schedule them on the SharePoint for the refresh.
- Developed Tablix Reports, Tabular Reports, Matrix Reports, drill down Reports, matrix and drill through reports and Charts using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Developed and Scheduled SSIS Packages for loading Facts and Dimensions.
- Configured mail profile for sending automatic mails to respective people when job is failed or succeed.
- Coordinated with project team to analyze the problems reported and to determine the corrective action by discussing with QA / product management group.
- Reviewed the code, test plans, test scenarios and test execution.
- Trouble shooted, monitored, optimization of SQL Server and non-production database code as well as T-SQL code from developers and QA.
- Implemented Unit Tests and Integration Tests.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2016/2012/2008 , Power BI, C#, TFS, Query Analyzer, SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio (SSAS, SSIS, SSRS), Windows 2008, SSAS, Excel.
Confidential, Mason, OH
- Planned, Defined and Designed data based on business requirements and provided documentation which included including source to target mappings, data dictionaries and transformations.
- Gathered data and documenting it for further and designed database using Erwin Data modeler.
- Created SSIS package to load data from Flat Files and SQL Server 2008 R2 to SQL Server 2012 by using Lookup, Fuzzy Lookup, Derived Columns, Conditional Split, Term Extraction, Aggregate, Pivot Transformation and Slowly Changing Dimension.
- Used SSIS to create ETL package to Validate, Extract, Transform and Load data to Data Warehouse and Data Mart Databases.
- Actively participated in gathering Business Requirements and System Specification. Participated in implementing the logical design to the physical design by creating tables.
- Involved in the design of new schema, new tables, field definitions and mappings, queries.
- Created SSIS Packages by using advance transformations (i.e. Pivot Transformation, Fuzzy Lookup, Derived Columns, Condition Split, Term extraction, Aggregate).
- Created ETL packages with different data sources (SQL Server, Flat Files, Excel source files, XML files) and then loaded the data into destination tables by performing Different kinds of transformations using SSIS/DTS packages.
- Worked extensively with Informatica transformations to source, cleanse and parse the dat
- Developed the packages with monitoring features and logging so that audit information of the packages and their execution results are loaded into the audit table.
- Hands on experience in using different transformations like Script task, Fuzzy Lookup, Derived column, Conditional split, Multicast transformation, Pivot etc., using SSIS.
- Expert in Creating Complex SSIS packages using proper Control and Data Flow elements with the error handling.
- Involved in the creation and deployment of the reports using SSRS and configuring the SQL Server Reporting Server.
- Performed Tableau Server admin duties; added users/groups from Active Directory; and scheduled instances in Tableau Server including weekly data dump.
- Created report schedules on Tableau.
- Develop monthly reports and dashboards.
- Generated database monitoring and data validation reports in SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS).
- Generated various reports with drilldowns, drill through, parameterized reports from the cubes by connecting to Analysis server from SSRS.
- Deployed the SSRS reports in Microsoft office share point portal server.
- Used various report items like tables, sub report and charts, Graphs to develop the reports in SSRS.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2014, 2012, 2008R2 VS2010, Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), T-SQL, PL/SQL, XML, Performance Point Server 2007, PL SQL, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, OLAP, OLTP, Tableau, Windows 7, Informatica Power Center 9.1 Microsoft Excel.
SQL BI Developer
- Involved in requirements gathering, analysis, design, deployment and user .
- Involved in Physical / Logical design of database, creating and managing the database and all the database objects in SQL server 2012.
- Developed E-R diagrams (logical and physical using Erwin) mapping the data into database objects.
- Designed and developed various DB Objects like Stored Procedures, User defined functions, triggers and used Indexes for accomplishing various tasks.
- Written complex and dynamic T-SQL scripts for constructing tables, joins, user functions, Stored Procedures, views, indexes, triggers and Cursors.
- Built the SSAS Cubes and optimized them.
- Loaded Data Daily into SSAS cubes using Process Incremental and Caching of SSAS Cubes to have even more faster response.
- Created Views to facilitate easy viewing implementation and for security.
- Used SQL Server Agent to automate the process of rebuilding indexes at regular interval for better performance.
- Responsible for Backup of databases.
- Created packages using various Data transformations and tasks and scheduled jobs to perform filtering operations and to export the data (reports) on daily, monthly basis on to SFTP server using SSIS.
- Transformed data from various data sources using OLE DB connection by creating various SSIS packages.
- Successfully deployed SSIS Package into Production environment and used Package configuration to export various package properties to make package environment independent.
- Worked with deployment, maintenance, usability and portability of SSIS Packages.
- Implemented Event Handlers and Error Handling in SSIS packages and notified process results to various user communities.
- Used SQL server reporting services (SSRS) delivering enterprise, Web-enabled reporting to create reports that draw content from a variety of data sources.
- Worked on SSRS to generate more than 80+ reports for various user groups and developer groups.
- Developed Reports, Sub Reports, Drilldown reports, Data driven subscriptions, and used various features like Charts, graphs, filters etc.
- Created stored procedures and used as the datasets for the Report Design.
- Developed Linked reports in SSRS.
- Developed complex and customized stored procedures and Queries for implementing business logic and process in backend, for data extraction, reports and other client interfaces.
- Supported ETL process of the company to provide better business model and structure of database systems and scheduled Jobs, Alerts on DTS/SSIS Packages to migrate data on multiple servers.
- Worked with business analysts to transform business requirements into BI design specifications and provided up front mockups of user reports and navigation in reports and dashboards, designs and configures BI metadata layer.
- Done Production Support activities when needed, handling day-to-day production support for the implementation of new functionality, fixing production issues as well as supporting users.
Environment: SQL Server 2008R2/2012, SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), SSRS, SSAS, Business Intelligence Studio, Windows Server 2008.
Confidential, St.Paul, MN
- Analyzed business requirements and build logical data models that describe all the data and relationships between the data.
- Created new database objects like Procedures, Functions, Packages, Triggers, Indexes and Views using T-SQL in SQL Server 2008.
- Validated change requests and made appropriate recommendations.
- Migrated DTS packages from SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008 as SSIS Packages.
- Promoted database objects from test/develop to production. Coordinated and communicated production schedules within development team.
- Modified database structures as directed by developers for test/develop environments and assist with coding, design and performance tuning.
- Managed user access. Created and managed new security accounts.
- Involved in the process of Backup and restore databases.
- Developed and implemented database and coding standards, improving performance and maintainability of corporate databases.
- Used SQL Profiler to debug T-SQL and slow running queries.
- Created the DTS Package through ETL Process to vendors in which records were extracts from Flat file and Excel sources and loaded daily at the server.
- Updated the statistics info for both the old and new servers.
- Assisted with various ad hoc query requests.
Environment: SQL Server 2008/2005, Windows Server 2008, MS-SQL Server Integration Services, T-SQL, Data Transformation Service (DTS), SQL Profiler, and MS-Office.