- 20+ years of strong mainframe development experience with full SDLC
- 6+ years of experience in the insurance industry
- 6+ years of experience in the Healthcare industry
- 4+ years of experience in the Manufacturing industry
- Excellent communication skills, presentation skills and a real team player.
Software Development Tools : IBM z/OS, COBOL II, IBM MQ Middleware, CICS, DB2, IMS DBDC, JCL, Expeditor, VSAM, Platinum, PL1, IBM Utilities, TSO ISPF, SQL, SPUFI, QMF, ChangeMan, Endevor, Panvalet, Easytrieve, CA - 7, AGILE, SCRUM, XML
Software: COBOL II, JCL, TSO, DB2, SQL, CICS, ChangeMan, File Aid, Expediter
- Performed Full Development Life Cycle including Analysis, design, implementation and support of a new health care insurance product.
- Enhanced existing software to enable online enrollment into a new PPO healthcare insurance plan
- Modified COBOL DB2 programs and JCL job streams
- Converted hard coded variables into configurable table driven systems
Software: COBOL II, IMS, JCL, TSO ISPF, DB2, CICS, ChangeMan, Endevor, syncsort, File Aid, Expediter
- Reverse Engineered a legacy health insurance system.
- Developed technical design documents
- Developed coding specifications to be used to combine separate healthcare systems onto one mainframe platform
- Wrote design plans to migrate multiple 3 rd party health care claims processing systems onto a single inhouse system.
Software: COBOL II, IBM MQ Middleware, SOA, DB2, CICS, JCL, IMS, ChangeMan, Platinum, IceTool, File Aid, WebSphere
- Developed Peoplesoft Accounts Payable Interface Files for the WiDOT Transportation Aids System (TAS). Wrote Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) Enterprise COBOL/CICS programs used to create an interface file and transfer it to PeopleSoft via MQ
- Converted an IMS based Local Entitlement System (LES) to a DB2 based PeopleSoft sourced system. Developed code to receive accounts recievable transaction data from PeopleSoft and load new DB2 Enterprise tables. Modified Code to calculate a project’s entitlement balance using expenses and encumbrances (entitlements) received from PeopleSoft, formerly received and stored in IMS.
Software: COBOL II, DB2, CICS, JCL, File Aid, TSO ISPF Z/OS, IBM Debug, Ezytrieve
- Designed, developed and Implemented the batch portion of a Customer Rewards Program.
- Updated the accounting and auditing system to accommodate redemptions of gift s by cross border customers - Canada to USA or USA to Canada
- Enabled Profile Updates of Loyalty Members on a Point Of Sale system.
Software: COBOL II, DB2, CICS, JCL, File Aid, TSO ISPF Z/OS,
- Performed enhancements to a Property and Casualty Insurance system.
- Developed Applications used to determine insurance agent commissions based on written premiums and incurred losses.
- Converted billing and claims insurance systems from VSAM to DB2
- Developed programs used to process higher performing agents into an elite class that were givin an increase in their annual bonus check.
- Developed and rewrote SQL to improve DB2 performance
- Defined a new DB2 table used to contain summary data of written premium amounts incurred during the fiscal year. Developed applications used to populate the table.
Confidential, Buffalo Grove, IL
Senior Programmer/Analyst Consultant
Software: COBOL II, DB2, CICS, JCL, File Manager, Change Manager, IBM Debug, TSO ISPF Z/OS, MQ Series
- Wrote and communicated program specifications to Off-Shore vendors
- Integrated Aetna’s health insurance adjudication system into Confidential ’s RxClaim insurance adjudication system.
- Developed several screens used for entering and resolving customer complaints
- Developed screens including those used for benefits clarifications, Coordination of Benefits, Benefit Eligibility, Plan member termination and Plan Benefit Overrides.
Confidential, Peoria, IL
Senior Programmer/Analyst Consultant
Software: COBOL II, CICS, DB2, JCL, File-Aid, Endevor, Install1, XPEDITER, TSO ISPF Z/OS, MQ Series, PROS Pricing Solution Suite (PPSS)
- Supported a Manufacturing/Engineering Part Pricing system used to processes more then 18,000 price changes, daily.
- Wrote CICS screens used to forcast revenue by simulating price increases.
- Developed reports used to detect changes in margin or revenue from one period to another based on volume variances, cost variances, and part component changes.
- Developed an interface used to seemlessly transfer into existing batch JCL job streams, newly calculated prices of Confidential parts and construction equipment.
- Incorporated a price management system that gave users the ability to price thousands of parts based on manufacturing costs, product dimensions, currency exchange rates, competiter prices, and other user specified factors.