- Professional with about 7 years of experience working with MS SQL and SSIS to provide highly effective solutions utilizing MS SQL Server 2016/2012/2008.
- Highly competent in providing solutions to clients in domains such as Finance and Healthcare.
- Gained end-to-end experience in designing and deploying data visualizations using Tableau.
- Database: MS-SQL Server 2016/2012/2008/ R2
- T: SQL Programming, Dynamic SQL
- Data Modeling: ER-Win Integration Services (SSIS) Analysis Services (SSAS, OLAP Cubes) Reporting Services (SSRS, Report Builder)
- Development Tools: BIDS, SSDT, SSMS
- Source Control: Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Microsoft Azure: Azure SQL Database (PaaS)
- SDLC: Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, and Spiral
- Collaboration Tools: SharePoint 2013/2010
Confidential, Scottsdale, AZ
- Collaborated with the business analysts for requirements gathering, business analysis and documented the same.
- Created multiple DBOs such as tables, views, UDFs, and stored procedures to enforce business constraints and rules.
- Created SQL scripts for procedures utilizing error handling techniques including try-catch and other error functions.
- Incorporated to design various views to restrict access to data in a table on few columns for security reasons.
- Created various stored procedures for dealing with Data Profiling, database backup and handling the index fragmentation.
- Designed clustered and non-clustered indexes on tables ensuring the efficiency in optimizing the performance of slow running queries.
- Performed tuning and optimizing T-SQL queries to utilize execution plans and profiler in SQL Server 2016.
- Implemented SSIS packages with multiple transformations such as derived column, data conversion, lookup etc.
- Utilized breakpoints along with watch windows in SSIS packages to debug a package.
- Added check points to the package for executing a package from last point of failure, to minimize re-execution time.
- Parameterized various properties in packages to configure upon deployment to other environments.
- Optimized SSIS packages at data flow level with buffer management and fast load options and control flow level by using proper tasks.
- Worked on POC for Tableau and Power BI to choose the best migration tool.
- Prepared dashboards using calculations and parameters in Tableau.
- Created interactive dashboards using parameters, actions and various data visualizations using Tableau Desktop.
- Connected Tableau online to publish dashboard to a central location for portal integration.
- Utilized TFS and SharePoint for deployment and source control and version control.
Confidential, Irvine, CA
- Organized JAD and JRD sessions to analyze business needs and provide time tested solutions.
- Maintained database integrity by implementing constraints such as primary key, foreign key and check.
- Identified latest records from a dataset using CTEs and ranking functions.
- Automated stored procedure execution with SQL job agent.
- Optimized various stored procedures by execution plan analysis, table partitions, and proper indexing strategies.
- Wrote complex SQL code with multiple JOINs, sub queries and set operators.
- Implemented user defined integrity to authenticate the transactions by implementing various triggers.
- Implemented error handing techniques such as Try Catch blocks, Raiserror functions and other error handling system functions to create robust T-SQL code.
- Created SSIS packages for loading dimensions of the data mart efficiently.
- Implemented SCD type 2 and SCD type 3 with complex SSIS packages.
- Deployed SSIS packages to SSISDB catalog and configured properties of packages using package parameters.
- Implemented custom logging in packages using execute SQL task and script task.
- Managed SSIS package versions utilizing Team Foundation Server.
- Built complex formulas in Tableau for various business calculations.
- Designed and implemented near-real-time monitoring dashboards for Tableau Server and Visualization users.
- Tested the data connections that brought the data from the database to the Tableau dashboards in order to develop the reports.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Business Intelligence Developer
- Analyzed business requirement documents and outlined technical specifications.
- Converted complex business logic into SQL stored procedures and achieved required functionality.
- Implemented try-catch blocks within the SQL code for handling runtime errors.
- Developed stored procedures to handle SCD type 2 in the data mart with better performance.
- Identified slowly executing queries and procedures by reviewing their execution plans.
- Implemented multiple isolation levels with lock mechanisms to avoid deadlocks.
- Developed SSIS packages with proper error handling mechanisms at data flow and control flow levels.
- Optimized SSIS package with options such as parallel execution, buffer management etc.
- Deployed SSIS packages to file system as well as to MSDB as needed by the team.
- Configured properties of SSIS packages utilizing package configurations.
- Generated aggregated calculated field in the Tableau Desktop.
- Created data connections and published on Tableau Server for usage with operational/monitoring dashboards.
- Formulated rich dashboards using Tableau Dashboard and prepared user stories to create compelling dashboards to deliver actionable insights.
- Worked on Team Foundation Server (TFS) to coordinate with the development team on the deliverables.
Technical Environment: SQL Server 2008R2, BIDS, BIDS, SSIS, SSRS, Report Builder, Erwin, Tableau
Confidential, Bedford, TX
- Documented the business requirements of various database objects for future.
- Worked with the business analysts in understanding the requirements of the client.
- Generated T-SQL scripts for creating tables and relationships based on ER-Diagram.
- Created SQL scripts with control flow constructs to implement business logic and for better performance.
- Optimized stored procedures utilized within SSIS Packages to improve ETL performance and for better handling of the business logic outside the package.
- Designed queries using various temporary objects such as temporary tables, table variable according to the need.
- Developed SSIS packages to import data from multiple Excel files and resolved issues with Excel.
- Managed loggings within SSIS packages for handling errors with packages and identify bottlenecks in performance.
- Managed development changes for the BI solution with TFS.
Technical Environment: SQL Server 2008/R2, SSMS, SSIS, SSRS, BIDS, Excel, SQL Server Upgrade Advisor
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Identified frequently used scripts and created views or stored procedures as per requirements.
- Developed user-defined functions to improve the functionality of T-SQL code.
- Designed scalar user-defined functions to handle data issues in string fields.
- Created stored procedures to implement complex business logic for the front-end applications as needed by front-end team.
- Improved performance of SQL scripts and procedures using various methods.
- Collaborated with TFS (Team Foundation Server) to work with cross-functional team environments including on-shore and off-shore.
Technical Environment: SQL Server 2008/R2, SSMS, TSQL, ER-Win.