- Seven years of Professional experience in database programming data modeling, data design development and implementation of Data Warehouse solutions.
- Excellent command on MS SQL Server 2008/2012/2014/2016/2017 in constructing triggers, tables, Joins, cursors, views, indexes, User Defined Functions to facilitate efficient data manipulation and consistent data storage.
- Excellent understanding of full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) involving Systems Analysis, Design, Development and Implementation.
- Expertise in Business Intelligence in SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) with good knowledge on SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Experience in database programming in writing T - SQL Stored Procedures, Triggers, Constraints (Primary Key, Foreign Key, and Unique) Indexes and Batch Scripts using various DDL and DML commands.
- Very strong in writing SQL Joins, Nested Queries, Unions, Multi-table joins and experience in creating scheduling Jobs, sending Alerts.
- Expertise in OLTP/OLAP system study, Good experience building Star schema and Snowflake schema depending on the business data requirements.
- Experienced in creating SSIS packages involving ETL process, extracting data from various sources (Flat files, Excel files, SAP, and SQL Server) and loading for data warehousing using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Experience in developing, monitoring, extracting and transforming data using DTS/SSIS, Import Export Wizard, and Bulk Insert.
- Extensive working knowledge in Application testing, Data Modeling, Data migration, Data Warehousing, and OLTP, OLAP Database projects.
- Transformed the data using different SSIS transformations like Aggregate, split, join, merge, derived column, Multicast, term extraction and data conversion of SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Responsible for deploying/scheduling SSIS packages as per schedule.
- Published migrated data using SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services), DTS Wizard (Data Transformation Services) Tool through data flow tasks, look up transformations and script tasks.
- Strong experience in creating parameterized Reports, Linked Reports, Snapshot Reports, Drilldown and Drill through reports using SQL SSRS.
- Experience in creating Jobs, and Sending Alerts using SQL Mail, backups, performance issues, connectivity to databases, upgrade strategies, capacity planning.
- Extensively worked on performance tuning of the ETL process and SQL optimization on a large database.
- Experience in migrating DTS packages, reports and analysis services projects from SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008R2, 2012 and 2014.
- Experience in managing and automating Control flow, Data flow, Events and Logging programmatically using Microsoft .NET framework for SSIS packages.
BI Tools: SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Tableau, Power BI, Visual Studio, Teradata, SQL*Plus, SQL*Loader, Erwin, Toad, Data Point
Databases: SQL Server 2005/2008/2012/2014/2016/2017 , Access, MySQL, Oracle 10g
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, Windows 8/NT/XP/Professional, MS-DOS.
Programming Languages: SQL, PL/ SQL, Oracle,VB.Net, Micro Soft Visual Studio 2008/20016
Application package: MS Office Suite, Visio, Power BI
Tools: SQL Server Enterprise Manager, SQL Server Management Studio, Team Foundation Server (TFS), Tableau.
Web Technologies: Asp.Net, HTML, DHTML, XML, IIS 6.0, Java Script
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Involved in requirements gathering, analysis, design, development and implementation of various applications on MS SQL Server.
- Good Knowledge of ETL Processes such source, mapping, transformation, staging areas and created various ETL documents such as ETL Mapping documents.
- Worked extensively through agile development methodology by dividing the application into iterations.
- Strong understanding of source to target mappings, used to build SQL tables and stored procedures.
- Created complex functions and stored procedures using the multi part identifiers, multi joins and T-SQL that support both OLAP and OLTP applications.
- Implemented Event Handlers, Package Configurations, Logging, System and User-defined Variables, Check Points and Expressions for SSIS/ETL Packages.
- Executed SQL conversion pre-validation and post-validation scripts to avoid data loss and to make sure that the Count, redemption amount for each source matches the data loaded in EDW.
- Developed stored procedures that generates header and detail files for different business processes.
- Developed ETL package with different data sources (SQL Server, Flat Files, Excel Source files, etc.) and loaded the data into target tables by performing different kinds of transformations using SQL Server Integration Services.
- Performed SSIS tasks such as Slowly Changing Dimension, Conditional Split, Derived Column etc., which did Data Scrubbing, including data validation checks before loading data.
- Experience in Designing and Implementing Data Warehouse applications, mainly Transformation processes using ETL tool also actively involved in Database Querying, Data Analysis, Production support.
- Good understanding of SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) with Report authoring, Report management, Report delivery and Report security.
- Upgraded Excel reports to SSRS reports. Configured and deployed SSRS reports onto Report Server.
- Experience in writing parameterized queries for generating tabular reports Drill down, Drill Trough, Cascading, matrix chart, snap shot reports Formatting report layout, sub reports, using Global Variables, Expressions, sorting the data, defining data source and subtotals for the reports using SSRS.
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2017 Enterprise Edition, MS Access, ETL Packages(SSIS), VB.Net, Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server (TFS), Micro Strategy 9.2.1, T-SQL, MS Visual Studio 2017, IBM System I navigator 2009, IBM Client Access.
Confidential, Orange, CA
- Created complex stored procedures, Triggers and user-defined functions using complex joins and T-SQL for supporting both OLTP Application and Enterprise Data warehouse. and modified tables, views and indexes; PL/SQL stored procedures, functions and triggers according to business requirement.
- Executed SQL conversion pre-validation and post-validation scripts to avoid data loss.
- Created business reports by joining multiple tables from multiples database using complex SQL queries.
- Responsible for debugging, troubleshooting, and tuning PL/SQL stored procedures and functions and Complex SQL.
- Actively involved in creating SSIS packages to transform data from OLTP database to a data warehouse.
- Created and scheduled jobs for various tasks and was responsible for maintaining jobs through SQL Server Agent.
- Implemented Event Handlers and Error Handling in SSIS packages and notified process results to various user communities.
- Created checkpoints, configuration files in SSIS packages and Deployed SSIS packages with minimal changes using XML configuration file.
- Used SSIS jobs for importing data from the flat files that brings the data to the application tables.
- Created Power BI Dashboards (Power View, Power Query, Power Pivot, and Power Maps) and integrated them to share point.
- Created SQL Server Reports and developed query for generating drill down and drill through reports using SSRS.
- Created Alerts for successful or unsuccessful completion of Scheduled Jobs.
- Developed SSIS packages for File Transfer from one location to the other using FTP task.
- Developed DTS packages to copy tables, schemas and views and to extract data from Excel and Oracle using SSIS. Used ETL to implement the Slowly Changing Transformation, to maintain Historical Data in Data warehouse.
- Generated Reports using SSRS reports & integrated with web pages and created Daily, weekly and Monthly basis.
- Extensively involved in generating reports like matrix, parameterized, Charts and Graphs like Bar Charts, Line graphs, Pie Charts and drill through reports, parameterized reports using SSRS.
- Generated periodic reports based on the statistical analysis of the data from various time frame and division using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Identified and worked with Parameters for parameterized reports in SSRS 2012.
- Used SSRS to create reports, customized Reports, on-demand reports, ad-hoc reports and involved in analyzing multi-dimensional reports in SSRS.
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2016/2014 Enterprise Edition, MS Access, ETL Packages(SSIS), QNXT, SSRS.Net, VB.Net, Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server (TFS), Power BI, T-SQL, Business Objects XIR2, ER Studio 8.0.3.
Confidential, Uniondale, NY
- Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) source data into respective target tables to build the required data marts.
- Gathered report requirements and determined the best solution to provide the results in a Reporting Services.
- Excellent knowledge of Scheduling Jobs and Alerts using SQL Server Agent to automate the periodic loads.
- Extensively developed SSAS Cubes, Partitions, Aggregations, and KPI's and Browser perspectives. Expert in creating Star schema cubes using SSAS.
- Created reports in SSRS with different type of properties like chart controls, filters, Interactive Sorting etc.
- Conducted DB management, Performance measurement and Performance tuning for new databases by using SQL Profiler.
- Used the SSIS Import/Export, migrate the Heterogeneous Databases such as Access database, Oracle and flat files to SQL server 2014.
- Developed packages to triggers ESS job schedules in the Oracle environment to load data from Zip files to Oracle.
- Fine-tuning Stored Procedures to improve the performance by removing the unnecessary cursors.
- Management of Views, Cursors, Index statistics, Tables and query optimization using execution plan for tuning the database.
- Configured SQL mail agent for sending automatic emails on SSIS package failure or success.
- Developed multi-dimensional objects (cubes, Dimensions) using SSAS.
- Written queries for the drill down reports and deployed the generated reports on to the server using MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Successfully migrated data between different heterogeneous sources such as flat file, Excel and SQL Server 2008 using SSIS, BCP and Bulk Insert.
- Created and scheduled SSIS packages to pull data from SQL Server and exported to various data sources like Excel Spreadsheets, Flat File etc. and vice versa.
- Experience in development of extracting, transforming and loading (ETL), maintain and support the enterprise data warehouse system and corresponding marts.
- Worked on SSIS performance tuning using counters, error handling, event handling, re-running of failed SSIS packages using checkpoints.
- Developed SSIS packages using various transformations such as Conditional Splits, Fuzzy Look Ups, Aggregations, and Multicasting.
- Created subscriptions to provide reports on a daily/weekly/monthly/Quarterly and annual basis. Utilized SSIS to produce a Data Mart for reporting.
- Generated SSRS Enterprise reports from SQL Server Database (OLTP) and SQL Server and included various reporting features such as groups, sub-groups, adjacent-groups, group by total, group by sub-totals, grand-totals, drilldowns, drill through, sub-reports, navigation reports (Hyperlink) etc.
- Report Parameters included single valued parameters, multi-value parameters that consists of different parameter type's hidden, internal, default (queried and non-queried parameters).
Environment: SQL server 2008/2012/2014 Enterprise Edition, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, Power BI, .Net, VB.Net, Visual Studio, XML, Oracle, MS Excel, Access and Visual Source safe.
- Database Performance of Index tuning with using Database Engine Tuning Advisor to resolve Performance issues
- Developed and optimized database structures, stored procedures, Dynamic Management views, DDL triggers and user-defined functions.
- Created complex Stored Procedures and Functions to support the front-end application.
- Involved in tuning the database and T-SQL queries using Explain Plan.
- Optimize SQL queries for improved performance and availability.
- Created linked servers for data retrieval using OLE DB data source and providers.
- Reviewed the existing stored procedures and improved efficiency by critically evaluating the code.
- Designed and developed DTS packages for transferring data from flat files and Access files.
- Experienced in various stages of SDLC, which includes requirement gathering, analysis, design, development, Implementation.
- Upgrade enhancements, maintenance, support and bug fixing for the product.
- Performed Index analysis for tables and came up with more efficient solutions to use Clustered and Non-Clustered Indexes for significant performance boost.
- Created Indexes, Views, Triggers, Stored Procedures and Packages in T-SQL.
- Successfully created schema change scripts to existing objects to synchronize with changing business rules.
- Monitored growth of database objects for capacity planning.
- Worked with Quality assurance to develop test plans and test cases to conduct system testing.
- Developed DTS Packages to get the reports, routinely, in the excel sheets, required by the managers for analysis.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2000/2005/2008/2010 , Enterprise Manager, T-SQL, DTS, Windows2003, Query Analyzer, SQL Profiler.