- Motivated professional adept at supporting state - of - the-art information technology database’s performance, integrity, and security, with particular expertise in Oracle Database and Enterprise Business Suite administration.
- Skilled in Database management, backup and disaster recovery, and performance tuning, as well as in complex EBS solution implementations and upgrades. Innate ability to build rapport with clients and colleagues and succeed in high-pressure, challenging, and deadline-driven environments.
- Seeking a senior IT position in which to streamline, secure, and improve efficiency within an organization’s technical processes.
- Database Management Upgrades Customizations 24/7 environments Capacity Planning
- Backup/Recovery Troubleshooting
- Problem Solving Client Service Deadlines Coaching/Mentoring Collaboration Vendor management
Platforms: Linux 7x, UNIX, AIX, Solaris, Windows
Programming Languages: Oracle SQL, PL/SQL, Unix Shell scripting, Html, Java, JSP
Databases: Oracle (12c, 11g, 10g, 9i, 8i, 8, 7.3), MS SQL Server, Oracle Express
Database Management Tools: RAC, OEM 13c, OEM Grid Control, Oracle Management Packs, RMAN, NETAPPS, ASM, EBS Concurrent Manager, DataMirror Replication
Data-Design and Modeling Tools: Erwin, MS-Visio, Power Designer
Business Intelligence tools: Oracle BI Discoverer
Oracle tools and utilities: SQL*PLUS, PL*SQL, T-SQL, SQL*Studio, DPEXP, DPIMP, STATSPACK, AWR, ADDM, ASH Reports, Tkprof, Statsplan, Explain plan, Apache, OC4J
Oracle Functional modules: General Ledger, Fixed Assets, Accounts Payable/Receivable, Inventory, Purchasing, iProcurement, iExpense, WorkFlow, Cash Management, Order Management, Shipping execution, Oracle Procure-to-Pay, Trading Community Architecture
Development Tools: Oracle Workflow Builder, Quest, TOAD, Spotlight, SQL Navigator, Embarcadero, Oracle Developer Suite, Oracle Forms/Reports, SQL Loader, Spotlight
Senior Database Administrator
- Developed database standards, policies and standard operating procedures to ensure the integrity and availability of Confidential database environments.
- Planned, executed Database upgrades, installations, backups and cloning solutions using RMAN and NETAPPS Storage management functionality.
- Designed and implemented High availability solution for production databases using RAC, ASM, Local and Remote Standby databases managed by Oracle Data Guard.
- Installed and configured infrastructure to support Oracle Forms/Reports 12C, Web Logic, OAM/OID components with Active Directory integration to support Single Sign On (SSO).
- Maintained security compliance of Oracle Infrastructure (databases, EBS components, 12c Forms and Reports servers) with CPU/SPU/PSU as per corporate policies and industry standards.
- Oversaw EBS 12.2.5 lifecycle, including system administration, configuration, security, family patches and technology level updates.
- Worked with Development, Production teams and Oracle support to facilitate problem resolution and support strategic EBS initiatives.
- Provide support for ETL solutions based on Oracle Golden Gate data replication.
- Prepared and executed disaster recovery plans and procedures, performed annual disaster recovery testing.
- Assessed emerging technologies, presented capabilities, analyzed benefits and risks and developed the value propositions for infrastructure projects for presentation to decision makers.
EBS Functional Consultant
- Provided analysis, supporting change of definitions, mass transfers, and business rules setup.
- Responsible for General Ledger and Fixed Assets modules.
- Provided analysis of EB Tax changes to comply with the new business model.
- Collaborated with the clients to successfully execute System testing, Functional testing, Integration and User Acceptance testing.
- Reconciled month-end and year-end closing activities in Oracle EBS.
- Interacted with Business Users to gather Business Requirement Specifications (BRS) and prepare System Requirement Specifications, assisting in conversion of BRS into Functional design documents.
- Designed and developed custom solutions for interfaces (SQL Plus, PL*SQL, Oracle Forms, Reports, Shell scripting).
- Tracked incidents, provided business solutions to resolve technical and functional issues.
- Provided post-production support and end user training after go-live of Oracle ERP application.
- Streamlined business processes based on application capabilities and industry best practices.
ORACLE Database Administrator, E-Business Suite Techno/Functional Specialist
- Minimized any data loss through the planning, execution, and comprehensive testing of annual disaster recovery plans and procedures.
- Performed database installations, migrations, configurations, patching, cloning, reorganizations, resource planning, database upgrade planning, and backup and recovery strategy planning and implementation.
- Led cloning and patching of EBS environments using rapid clone, adadmin, adctrl and adpatch.
- Executed Oracle EBS upgrades (10x to 11x to 11ix to 12x).
- Led database upgrades (8i/9i/10g/11g/12c) and cross platform database migrations (AIX to RHEL Linux).
- Oversaw the completion of installations of middleware and application software solutions to support mission critical 24x7 systems. Provided documentation to support the installations, migrations, database creations.
- Ensured compliance of Databases with SOX policies via quarterly security patching, performed Database Security Health Checks.
- Proactively monitored, controlled capacity performance, database and applications tuning exercises.
- Directly led data migration projects through the decommissioning of Legacy systems, the conversion of existing data, and the consolidation of financial data into a single database repository (SQL*Loader).
- Transformed Logical Data models to Physical Database designs for OLTP and OLAP solutions.
- Promoted best Oracle standards and practices by collaborating with cross-functional teams such as developers, vendors, business, infrastructure and operations.
- Identified and resolved service related issues within established SLA while reviewing major incidents and performing root cause analysis. Provided strategic solutions to recurring problems.
- Administered Data replication between Legacy and Oracle databases (DataMirror).
- Designed and implemented Backup and Recovery strategies (RMAN).
- Configured ASM, supported Cluster file systems and Physical/Logical Standby Databases.
- Supported implementation of Oracle E-Business Applications on Real Application Clusters (RAC) (Oracle12C/12C RAC, Linux).
- Evaluated and recommend database-related products, services, and procedures through the completion of market research on new technologies, vendors and product selection.
- Partnered with the procurement team during the evaluation of proposals and the delivery of technical recommendations.
- Strong experience with General Ledger (GL), Fixed Assets, Payables (AP), Receivables (AR), Purchase Order (PO), Order Management (OM), Inventory, iProcurement, iExpenses, WorkFlow, Shipping execution, Oracle Procure-to-Pay, Cash Management, and Trading Community Architecture.
- Reduced annual labor costs via implementing EBS Accounts Receivables. Eliminated manual processes/workflows by delivering EBS Internet Expense solution.
- Improved and streamlined documents availability and accessibility by switching from off-site document storage solution to on-line.
- Modernized order processing via reducing legacy software maintenance cost and labor expenses, and consolidating all procurement financial data into centralized EBS iProcurement solution.
- Effectively configured Order management, procurement (P2P), General Ledger, Fixed Assets, Accounts Payable/Receivable, Inventory, Purchasing, iProcurement, iExpense, WorkFlow, Cash management and Shipping execution.
- Delivered modern Budgeting and Analytical solutions by introducing Oracle Financial Analyzer.
- Significantly decreased check printing and mailing costs by establishing proper financial analysis of cash flow, minimizing fraud and security issues, eliminating costly delays to suppliers by transferring invoices for payments to centralized Oracle EBS solution and deploying electronic method of payments (EFT).
- Implemented paperless EBS solution by consolidating financial documentation (invoice, purchase orders, expense receipts) in Oracle EBS.
- Improved Assets management by implementing Oracle EBS Fix Asset solution and eliminating manual work.
- Acted as trusted EBS technical advisor to the clients and the business.
- Provided leadership and recommendations regarding system support in client locations (Sprint Canada and Allianz Canada).
- Performed data migration (SQL Loader) and administration (Unix/Linux/Windows).