- Over two (3+) years of experience as a Junior SQL Server DBA Cum Finance Assistant with detail oriented, analytical and troubleshooting experience in different Microsoft products like SQL Server 2008, 2008R2, 2012, 2014, 2016 and Windows Server 2003, 2008 and 2008R2, solid working experience in managing databases in 24/7environment including Installation and configuration, backup and recovery, disaster recovery plan, Monitoring, Performance Tuning, Index and constraint, Database migrate/ upgrade, Database Security management.
- Supporting ‘CUBIS’ Accounting Software /application, collecting money, issuing receipts, depositing checks and cash in the bank, create and submitting excel collection sheets and giving data entry in the ‘CUBIS’ Accounting Software/application on regular basis.
- Preparing monthly bank reconciliation statement, generating various financial reports, submitting it to the board of Directors, analyze the report to the board members as well as to the other stake holders.
- Preparing and generating yearly financial reports and customize it for the shareholders and present it if they have question.
- For custom report preparation, summarizing Trial balance, preparing receipts and payments and income and expenditure accounts, analyze balance sheet, preparing Disbursement voucher, deposit vouchers, Journal Vouchers, helping board members to prepare yearly budget forecast.
- 3+ years of Database Management as a SQL Server Junior DBA.
- 4+ Years of Experience as finance assistant cum data entry operators.
- Excellent in clients support
- Ability to adopt to changing environments
- Excellent ability to work with team or start alone
- Research new topics & quick, and continuous learner.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, problem - solving and communication skills.
- Experience covers all aspects SQL Server Junior DBA and Finance assistant.
- Excellent client support.
- Strong work experience and knowledge with SQL Server Database Administration of 2008/2008R2/2012/2014 versions; Monitoring, diagnosing problems, Performance Tuning/Optimization; Backup & Recovery; Security; Experience in working Database-Backup; Database Migration, DDL, DML, Views etc.
- Strong work experience for finance and Accounting field, ’CUBIS’ Accounting software/application, Income Expenditure Accounts, Receipts and Payments Accounts, Balance sheet, bank reconciliation, data export from accounting software, generates simple and complex reports etc.
- Good knowledge and working experience with Operating Systems (O/S) includes Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2012R2, Windows XP, Windows 10, MS Office Word, MS Excel.
- SQL Server Management Studio
- Query Analyzer
- Upgrade Advisor
- Database Tuning Advisor and Index Tuning Wizard
- SQL Configuration manager
- Standard Report.
- CUBIS accounting software,
- Microsoft Excel
PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE WORK HISTORY:
Confidential, Silver Spring, MD
Junior SQL Database Administrator
- Maintained production database as well as production applications including Emergency off-hour support
- Installed and configured SQL Server 2008, 2008R2, 2012, 2014 and 2016.
- Performed database migration from SQL Server 2005, 2008 and 2008 R2.
- Performed database backups and restore from Production server to test server as refresh backup as part of testing whether backup is restorable or not.
- Access and security management like creating Logins with appropriate roles, creating users and groups and granting and revoking privileges for data security, maintain least privilege methodology.
- Using SQL Server profiler, Windows performance monitor and Database engine tuning advisor to analyze and fine tuning of long running queries and stored procedures and slow running servers, sp who, sp who2, built in standard repots in Management studio, DMV, DMF, DBCC etc.
- Collect money from Shareholder and deposit it in the designated bank account.
- Bank reconciliation account.
- Issue check to the various vendors or shareholder it required.
- Exporting file from the database to Excel for various uses.
- Created documentation for installation, monitoring procedures,, security policies, configuration changes, migration procedures, and best practices
- Applied Service Packs patch and hot fixes
- Monitor Servers activity, solving problem
- SQL Server Error Log, space usage
- Run DBCC statements to check physical and logical consistency of the database and
- Rebuild indexes
- Involved in creating and modifying tables, Index (Cluster/Non-Cluster), Constraints, Views.
- Copy and manage data— Bulk Insert task, Execute SQL task, Copy SQL Server Objects task, Transfer Database task, Transfer Logins task, Transfer Master Stored Procedures task,
- Imported data from Excel, Flat file, CSV file to SQL Server Database
- Rebuild Servers (Restore & Recovered from tape/CD backup) from backup
- Configured Log Shipping from Production to Standby Server (Running as Reporting Server)
- Used DBCC to check physical and logical consistency of database and Rebuilding indexes.
- Posting all journal entries to the ‘CUBIS’ Application on a regular basis.
- Prepare receipts and payments, income and expenditure account and balance sheet for the organization.
- Preparing bank reconciliation.
- Any other duties assign by the management.
- Collecting money from the members, depositing to the bank.
- Preparing daily collection sheet.
- Preparing deposit, cash disbursement and journal voucher for the office.
- Reconciling with general ledger and shareholders individual ledger balance.
Accounting, administration and data entry
Confidential, Silver Spring, MD
- Collecting money from members and depositing it to the bank.
- Disbursement money to the shareholder as per management instruction.
- Post customer payments by recording cash, checks transactions
- Verify and enter transactions from client logbook and local deposits
- Process cash back adjustments and post journal entries using ‘CUBIS’ application.
- Organize A/P and A/R and GL journals
- Prepare monthly statements for Board of directors.
- Prepare receipts and payments and income and expenditure accounts and balance sheet for the year ended period for the board of directors and shareholders.
- Update financial procedure and manual for Confidential for community members by the instruction of board of directors as operating agreements of the organization.
- Preparing bank reconciliation statement on a monthly basis.
- Generating receipts and payments, Income and expenditure accounts and Balance sheet from the CUBIS application for the management and community members.
- Entering journal entry in the application before ending of the month and as well as end of the year.
- Complying accounts head and coding as per policy and software.
- Working with CPA for yearly depreciation, adjustment entry and tax file preparation for IRS.
- Maintaining Confidential LLC’s Application and database on a regular basis.
- Keeping all backup of application and databases.
- Supporting SQL Server database instance and databases which is supporting ‘CUBIS’ software from the back end.
- Conducting on call meeting with software vendor for any kind of interruption of the Accounting software and database trouble shooting.
- Prepare 1099 for shareholders with the help of CPA.
- Analyze reports and explain to the board of directors as and when necessary.
- Helping management to improve internal control system for the entire business.
- Supervise small house keeping team for three residential building in North hill area.
- Provide supplies for the building cleaning as per need.
- Field up to supplies list form for material management department.
- Coordinate with North hill campus supervisor and residential facilities department for keep up standard cleaning procedures on a daily basis.
- Provide keys to the employees make sure returning the keys before employees punching out from the office.
- Clean birth room, corridor, carpet, entrance on a daily basis and also helped to the other housekeeping employees if required.
- Perform thorough cleaning the residential hall once a week.
- Perform supervisory activities in the weekend if necessary.
- Act as assistant super visor when super and assistant supervisors are not in the office and maintain the liaison with the appropriate office and person for business purposes.
- Any other duty assigned by the authority as and when need.
- Daily & Deep Cleaning
- Dusting & Polishing
- Window Treatment Cleaning
- Furniture & Upholstery Cleaning
- Room Tidying & Organizing
- Vacuuming & Mopping
- Kitchen & Bath Cleaning
- Carpet Cleaning & Wood Floor Polishing
- Tiles floor cleaning
- Striping and waxing tiles floors, corridors, nurse station, and various area.
- Scrub and buff floors, corridors, rooms and areas.
- Recoat waxing on the new waxing floor.
- Cleaning patients beds and patient rooms
- Pull trash as and when need.
- Cleaned and maintained work areas to ensure a safe work environment.
- Clean specific office/doctor office areas.
- Doing special project when it is assigned.
- Cleaning stairs and elevators.
- Maintained equipment storage areas to ensure that inventory is protected.
- Periodically cleaning the office equipment.
- Accurate and timely completion of extra duties as directed by management.
- Conducted research to evaluate current and prospective individual and corporate donors
- Assisted with development and fundraising tasks
- Prepare Cash disbursement, receipt and journal vouchers for the organization
- Issued checks for the vendors collect money from the community people as part of their contribution and deposited the bank as per organization’s rule.
- Maintain petty cash for the office replenish as and when necessary.
- Scrutinize vouchers, calculated the amount and check whether the vouchers are compliant with World Vision Bangladesh and World vision International financial policy or not.
- After checking the vouchers forwarded to the Manager for approval it and also explain if manager is not satisfied with the clarification on expenses.
- Maintain the stock of supplies and inventories and report it to the manager.
- Post all Excel data entry from voucher Interface to the Sun System Accounting Software.
- Prepare monthly receipts and payments and income and expenditure account and balance sheet.
- Generate Account receivable and payable (vendor’s payable) report from the systems and analyzed it on a monthly basis and reconcile it with general ledger.
- Make all financial correspondence with Banks for smooth operation of daily operation of the office.
- Attend and present are office financial picture to world vision national office accounting forum meeting and respond them if they might have any query.
- Prepare employee salary on a monthly basis; make deductions of individual loan and taxes from it.
- Developed donor tracking report for the entire year.
- Prepare the quarterly, six monthly and yearly budgets for the donor office.
- Maintained Donor database records as and when require.