To leverage and utilize my 20 plus years of experience in software development and position myself towards career advancement.
- Proven abilities in leading projects, application development, systems design and support using PL SQL, Informatica (ETL), Data Migrator, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, Access, VB, Java and Progress.
- Experience in direct customer service.
- Professionally manage and solve problems in high - pressure situations.
- Well developed communication and team leadership skills.
RDBMS: Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, DB2, Progress Languages & Applications Informatica, Data Migrator, PL SQL, SQL Developer, Java, MS Office
Environment: s Unix, VAX/VMS, MS-DOS, Windows
Confidential, Columbia, MD
- Data conversion, data mapping and analysis of source data using PL SQL
- Enhancements to Association Anywhere using PL SQL and development of new interactive reports using Oracle Application Express (ApEx)
Confidential, Columbia, MD
Data Migration Analyst
- Designing complex ETL scripts to transform and load data currently stored in a flat ADABAS system into relational tables using Data Migrator, SQL Developer, Oracle and DB2
- Cataloging and Data Analysis in Erwin of the elements contained in both AS-IS PIPS Database system of almost 200 files and TO-BE Oracle database
- Mentor junior developers with design and ETL development
- Assist testing team with understanding the model, testing and resolving issues as they arise.
- Tracking and reporting on-going schema changes in AS-IS & TO-BE system
- Work with business users and agile development method to gather business requirements, design and develop an automated order processing system using Access and Visual Basic
- Enhanced a tracking system using Access and Visual Basic and develop tutorial and on-line help functionality for the incident tracking system.
Confidential, Hanover, MD
- Worked primarily in a Windows environment using Informatica 8.6, Oracle 10g and SQL Server 2008 to build and manage stage, conformed, dimension and fact tables
- Responsible for the creation, testing, scheduling, and implementation of Informatica processes to process financial, account and employee information
- Built workflows which comprised of Sessions, Command Tasks, Links, Worklets and Informatica Data Quality (IDQ) plans
- Provided production support for Informatica processing
- Utilized IDQ to standardize, cleanse and parse historical and new data
- Involved in overall design of Siebel Sales Application as per client requirement.
- Converted existing and acquired sales systems (SMART and Salesforce) to Siebel using Informatica, SQL Scripts and Stored Procedures
- Staged Account, Contacts, Activity and Opportunity data into EIM tables and then loaded into Siebel using IFB files.
- Built Automated processes between Siebel and D&B to help manage account hierarchies. This included sending request to D&B; receiving data from D&B; uploading D&B Data into Siebel; and building the account hierarchical structure.
- Trouble shooting any data issues related to EIM Process.
- Developed many complicated SQL queries and stored procedures for Oracle database.
- Supervised junior programmers.
- Performed code reviews and SQL query optimization.
- Played a primary role to setup development environments and production deployment
Confidential, Columbia, MD
Senior Business Analyst
- Complete ad-hoc report requests by designing and running queries on Microsoft SQL and Oracle databases, using Microsoft SQL Query Analyzer, Embarcadero Rapid SQL and Microsoft Access.
- Perform data analysis to compare, contrast and report from different data sources as a lead reporting analyst on new system migration projects
- Write business and technical specifications used for report development.
- Developed Claims Interface using Visual Basic and Microsoft SQL.
- Design, develop, test and troubleshoot reports using Actuate e.Report Designer.
Confidential, Annapolis Junction, MD
Senior Analyst/Programmer, Project Team Leader
- As a project leader duties included obtaining client requirements, writing functional specifications and technical design.
- Responsible for system architecture, data modeling, relational database design and building & managing the database (Progress).
- Developed enhancements to customize CreditRevue for major financial and telecommunication institutions using Progress (Version 8) 4GL Relational database on HP-Unix system.
- Supervised teams of 4 to 8 people during the course of the full software development life cycle.
- Coordinated implementation effort between client, third party vendors (ie credit bureaus) and internal technical services group.
- Reviewed project progress with users and team members.
- Managed general day-to-day post implementation support issues.
Confidential, Rockville, MD
- Worked on all stages of the development life cycle to develop a Parking Management System using Progress (Version 7 GUI).
- Roles undertaken included dealing with clients to gather and document functional requirements and designing and writing of technical design documentation.
- Worked on wide variety of long and short term support projects for several client's (i.e. fiscal and financial year-end processing, QMS documentation, and monitoring & solving client logs using VAX Basic and DCL).
- Assumed Bureau Support team leader responsibilities.
- Duties entailed managing and coordinating a smooth day-to-day running of Brokermax on VAX/VMS.
- Other roles pursued include and supervising colleagues, liaising with clients at user and management levels, and recruitment.
- Writing internal release management routines in Basic and DCL to automate documentation, version control and the releasing of software to clients.