- 12 years of IT experience in business information systems with focus on analysis, software design, development, and implementation using Agile, Cloud, DevOps, database, ETL and Business Intelligence Technologies.
- 3 years of experience in developing cloud applications in AWS, DevOps and Agile environments.
- Good experience in Agile, SAFe, Kanban and Scrum methodologies.
- Experienced in the development and deployment of database applications for Financial, Mortgage, Government, Payments and Manufacturing companies. Defined, designed & developed applications by blending the business knowledge of the client with the available technical know - how.
- Experienced in database architecture, process flow diagrams, data flow diagrams and ER diagrams.
- Intensive experience in SQL DBMS such as Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase, and IBM DB2 UDB, and NoSQL DBMS such as DynamoDB.
- Strong RDBMS concepts and experience in creating, maintaining and tuning Stored Procedures, Packages, Functions, Triggers, Views, Materialized views using SQL, PL/SQL and T-SQL for VLDB.
- Expert in SQL and PL/SQL performance tuning using AWR, SQL plan management, SQL Tuning Advisor, Explain Plan, SQL Trace and TKPROF tools.
- Expert in creating reports using Crystal Reports and Business Objects.
- Experienced in Data Warehousing tools like Informatica and Oracle Data Integrator.
- Expert Enterprise Data Modeler with a deep understanding of developing transactional enterprise data models that strictly meet normalization rules, as well as enterprise data warehouses using Kimball and Inmon data warehouse methodologies.
- Good experience in developing supply chain planning application in JDA ABPP platform.
- Good understanding of Object Oriented Software Analysis & Design, Development & Implementation of enterprise systems using Java and J2EE Technologies.
- Skilled in QA/testing of code using manual and automated testing tools/methodologies.
- Extensive experience working with Clients, End Users, Business System Analysts in understanding their requirements, assisting in providing technical solutions and implementing them.
- Excellent problem resolution and communication skills with ability to work under pressure in a highly visible role.
Cloud Technologies: AWS EC2, ECS, EFS, API Gateway, DynamoDB, Kinesis, QuickSight, StepFunctions, Athena, CloudTrail, KMS, SQS, SNS, CloudWatch, Lambda, SES, VPC, Direct Connect, Route 53, Elasticache
RDBMS: Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i/8, MS SQL Server 2008/2005, Sybase 12.5.3 IBM DB2 9.5, Teradata V2R5.1, SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL
Reporting/DW Tools: Crystal Reports XI/8.5, Business Objects Enterprise XI R2, Crystal Enterprise 8.5, Crystal Xcelsius 2008, Oracle Reports 9i/6i, IBM Cognos 8, Oracle Data Integrator 10g, Oracle 10g/9i Warehouse Builder, Oracle Discoverer 10g, Informatica PowerCenter 9.1/8.1/7.1, Informatica PowerExchange 8.1, SAS 9.2
Programming Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL, UNIX shell scripting, Perl, HTML, Java, C, C++, Python, Servlet, JSP, XML, XSLT, XQuery
Operating Systems: UNIX(AIX, Solaris, HP-UX), Linux, MS Window Server
Application Development: Oracle Forms 9i/6i, JDA ABPP 6.3/6.2, MS Visual Studio 6.0, Eclipse 3.5
Server Technologies: IIS, Tomcat/Apache, HP ServiceGuard, DNS, DHCP, Samba, Kerberos, LDAP, NFS, NTPTools and Utilities ERwin 7.3/4, ER/Studio 9.0, TOAD 11.5/8.6.1, SQL Developer 1.1.2, MS Visio 2003, Embarcadero RapidSQL 7.5.5, IBM Rational ClearCase 7.1, ClearQuest 7.1, Apache Subversion(SVN) 1.6/1.5, HP Quality Center 11/10, DOORS 8.3, Serena PVCS, Relationship Builder 3, SQL*Loader, CA Autosys 4.5, IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler 8.5, HP Openview 10, Open Text Exceed 14
Confidential, Reston, VA
Sr. Consultant (Contractor)
- Designed and developed application and architecture for the Score delivery product work stream to support loosely coupled and decomposed micro-services, hosted on the cloud in AWS and developed /maintained/operated in a DevOps set up and using Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
- The deployment view consists of various AWS components in AWS as well as on premise services hosted in Data center. The integration between them is using SOA Gateway and SOA proxy.
- Setup Elastic Container Service and Elastic File Service for Jenkins CI/CD pipeline and pipeline containers.
- Configured VPC for services such as EC2 and Lambda functions, and Direct Connect for accessing on premise databases.
- Setup Kinesis for streaming data pipeline, and QuickSight for data analysis.
- Implemented IAM roles and policies, and KMS for streams encryption.
- Designed provisioning using Ansible Playbooks organized into 4 groups: Access management, Messaging services, Datastore services, and Compute Services.
- Configure CloudTrail for API logging and auditing, and CloudWatch for monitoring.
Environment: Agile (SAFe framework), AWS EC2, ECS, EFS, API Gateway, DynamoDB, Kinesis, QuickSight, StepFunctions, Athena, CloudTrail, KMS, SQS, SNS, CloudWatch, Lambda, SES, VPC, Direct Connect, Route 53, NodeJS, Python, JSON, Ansible
Confidential, Reston, VA
Sr. Consultant (Contractor)
- Built a CI/CD pipeline using AWS CodeCommit, CodeBuild, CodePipeline, CodeDeploy and Elastic load balancers with a blue/green deployment strategy.
- Built Docker container images with Amazon CodeBuild, push the images to ECR, and perform continuous deployment operation using ECS service.
- Configure CloudWatch events to detect CI/CD pipeline state changes.
- Created a distributed and scalable log aggregation system within AWS running on AWS Elasticsearch Service.
Environment: AWS(IAM, S3, EC2, Route 53, DynamoDB, Elasticache, VPC, Kinesis, Lambda, CodePipeline, ECS), Docker, Atlassian (JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket, ServiceDesk), Kibana, Toad, Oracle, Linux RHEL
Confidential, Manassas, VA
Sr. Consultant (Contractor)
- Design, development, testing, performance tuning and benchmarking of database systems.
- Develop Oracle PL/SQL programs to implement store and forward messaging solutions.
- Run Explain plan, SQL Trace and TKProf to tune SQL queries.
- Write Unix and Perl scripts to automate message flows.
- Testing of Oracle RMAN backup and recovery procedures in Oracle Data Guard disaster recovery environment in primary/active standby mode.
- Modify XML configurations to integrate application commands with operations management system.
- Testing and tuning of low performing Perl interface programs of Switch database.
- Design, propose and code core messaging subsystems for high resiliency.
- Review technical design documents for Master Configuration data store and Switch database.
- Generate software product builds in Continuous Integration server for delivery to systems integration and product assurance teams.
Environment: Oracle 11gR2, SQL, PL/SQL, Toad 10.5, SQL Plus, Perl 5.14, Unix shell scripting, XML, Java 7, HP-UX 11, HP ServiceGuard 11.31, HP Openview 10, ActivePerl 5.12, Open Text Exceed 14, IBM Rational Clearcase 8, Oracle Peoplesoft CRM, Salesforce CRM, OpenText Exceed
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
Sr. Consultant (Contractor)
- Design and develop Interfaces and Extensions for JDA suite global ERP system.
- Develop Oracle PL/SQL subprograms, using TOAD IDE, to implement manufacturing business logic.
- Monitor and efficiently tune application database for high performance.
- Develop Informatica mappings, mapplets, sessions, workflows and worklets to perform ETL load to and from various interfacing systems.
- Write Perl and Unix shell scripts to implement core functionalities and automate tasks.
- Develop Agile Business process platform workflows in XML.
- Review functional documents, write technical specifications and perform system testing.
Environment: JDA Business Planning Suite 6.3/6.2, JDA ABPP 6.3/6.2, Oracle 11g/10g, SQL, PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, TOAD 11.5, Informatica PowerCenter 9.1/7.1, Oracle SOA suite 11g, XML, Perl 5.8, IBM AIX 5, Unix shell scripts, IBM Rational ClearQuest 7.0, ClearCase 7.0
Confidential, Herndon, VA
Sr. Consultant (Contractor)
- Played integral role in the development and maintenance of 3 Confidential projects - FAS65 Tagging, Collateral Management and Hedging (CMH), and Data Transport Mechanism (DTM).
- Wrote Solution specification, data mappings and Interface control documents for FAS65 system redesign for ARM mortgages.
- Developed a rules engine in Oracle PL/SQL, which determines if a loan is eligible for sale, based on Confidential ’s policy rules, product rules, source rules, Special Feature Code and Future Feature Code rules.
- Created various PL/SQL subprograms to cleanse and process inbound interface data, apply business logic and provide desired business data to downstream systems on daily, cumulative and monthly basis.
- Wrote UNIX shell script programs to automate monthly manual reports of Business team and nightly unit test suite.
- Redesigned FAS65 interfaces to support Confidential EPF framework using Java/Eclipse, XML, UNIX shell scripts and Autosys. Facilitated retirement of interfaces supported by DTM.
- Developed SLIM module, a daily loan level snapshot for traders, using SQL Server Integration Services.
- Modified stored procedures, functions, triggers written in SQL Server Transact-SQL.
- Redesigned build scripts using Apache ANT to integrate with Confidential ’s iCART build framework.
- Closely worked with internal Audit team to provide required audit analysis/information for compliance.
- Provided Tier 3 application support to traders on a rotating basis.
Environment: Oracle 11gR2, PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, SQL*Loader, SQL, Unix shell scripts, TOAD for Oracle 9.6, ER/Studio 9.0, Java 1.6, Eclipse 3.5, Apache ANT 1.6.5, MS SQL Server 2008, SSIS, IBM Rational ClearCase 7.1, ClearQuest 7.1, HP Quality Center 11, CA Autosys 4.5, Synchrony GI 5.0
Confidential, Springfield, VA
Sr. Oracle PL/SQL Developer (Contractor)
- Involved in the design and development of Intelligent Mail Accuracy and Performance System (IMAPS) for IBM USPS project.
- Prepared detailed Technical Specifications for Business Processes based on Use Cases.
- Wrote large and complex subprograms in PL/SQL to automate processes between data residing on distributed servers.
- Developed PL/SQL packages that find new information in staging schema, updates/inserts in operational schema, and transfers validated/calculated data to scoring schema for use by SAS programs and Cognos reports to generate the final performance KPIs.
- Developed centralized partition and sub partition creation packages that were called by other processes.
- Created SQL loader and UNIX scripts to load lookup data from other USPS systems.
- Maintained data model using ERwin and executed schema and data change requests.
- Extensively used Oracle Collections, bulking techniques, partition utilization and parallel execution to increase performance.
- Generated snapshots and baselines using AWR and performed comparisons using ADDM in Database mode on RAC.
- Involved in performance tuning by gathering OS and database statistics like disk reads, buffer gets, sorts to identify SQL statements using most resources.
- Re-wrote/modified POC code for performance improvements by reviewing execution plan and including appropriate optimizer hints, freeing memory, using global temporary tables, and restructuring indexes.
- Modified Cognos reports for Full Service implementation to be delivered to Postal Regulatory Commission.
- Worked closely with BA and QA teams to get defects resolved and enhancement requests completed on schedule.
Environment: Oracle 11gR2(DB Size 8TB), PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, SQL, SQL*Loader, Unix shell scripts, TOAD for Oracle 9.6, CA ERwin Data Modeler 7.3, IBM Cognos 8, Apache Subversion(SVN) 1.6, Lotus Notes 8, IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler 8.5
Confidential, Mclean, VA
Oracle Developer (Contractor)
- Participated in Requirement Analysis and finalization meetings.
- Re-designed accounting system for GAAP compliance with FAS 140 Amendments.
- Developed complex packages and compound triggers extensively using PL/SQL.
- Modified existing functions to make use of Function Result Cache and recompiled PL/SQL Objects to native mode for faster execution.
- Utilized DBMS PARALLEL EXECUTE package to incrementally update large tables in parallel.
- Rewrote subprograms to use NOCOPY hint and INLINE pragma to replace a subprogram call with a copy of the called subprogram.
- Wrote Pipelined Table Functions for transforming data before loading into Materialized views.
- Used knowledge of GAAP principles, FASB standards and business processes on entire product life cycle from requirements to implementation.
- Tuned application using tools like Explain plan, SQL*Trace and TKPROF for high efficiency
- Wrote UNIX shell scripts to cleanup obsolete event flows.
- Wrote SQL scripts to validate Data Conversion, ETL processes and reconciliation reports.
Environment: Oracle 11g(DB Size 4TB), PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, SQL, Embarcadero RapidSQL 7.5.5, SQL Developer 1.1.2, IBM Rational ClearCase 7.1, ClearQuest 7.1, HP Quality Center 10, DOORS 8.3, Lotus Notes 7, BMC Remedy ITSM 7.5, IBM TAM 6.1, Symantec Altiris AMS 6.5
Confidential, Middleton, MA
Oracle Developer/Tester (Contractor)
- Involved in the development and testing of SAS Merchandise Planning product.
- Designed and developed In-Database Aggregation of SAS proprietary ETL component
- Wrote several Aggregation rules and mappings for IDA module.
- Developed several Stored Procedures, Packages and Triggers on Oracle 10g to implement Aggregation module and assisted other developers in implementing the same rules in DB2.
- Used conditional compilation feature to make the product work on different database versions and dynamically obfuscated source code using DBMS DDL package.
- Improved source code by enhancing compile-time warnings using DBMS WARNINGS package and ALL PLSQL OBJECT SETTINGS views.
- Debugged and enhanced performance using Profiler and Trace APIs.
- Implemented partition pruning using Interval, System and Virtual Column-based partitioning.
- Worked closely with application team members to perform SQL Tuning using Explain Plan, SQL Trace, Optimizer Hints, Statspack and TKPROF utility.
- Wrote UNIX shell scripts to perform automatic backup and restore of oracle database.
- Designed and automated test cases using proprietary tool (SDSTEST) on AIX/ORA/DB2, SUN/ORA/DB2 and WIN/ORA platforms.
- Responsible for Quality Assurance of MP 6.1.3, 6.1.3M2 and 6.1.3M3 releases.
- Prepared detailed Test design, Test plan and Test Case documents and conducted weekly bug triage meetings.
Environment: Oracle 10g/11g (DB Size 30TB), PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, TOAD for Oracle 9.7, TOAD for DB2 4.0.1, Unix shell scripting, IBM DB2 9.5.3, IBM AIX 5.3, SUN Solaris 9, Apache Subversion(SVN) 1.5, SAS 9.2, SAS MDI 6.1.3
Confidential, Boston, MA
Sr. Database/ETL/Reports Developer (Contractor)
- Developed and maintained PL/SQL packages, procedures, functions, triggers as per customer requirement to make new enhancements and resolve problems.
- Used Standard SQL/XML functions, Database SQL Functions and XSU utility to generate XML data files from Oracle database and were fed into TOMS system.
- Migrated Corporate Actions database from Sybase to oracle using Oracle Migration Workbench.
- Created and configured the Online Source model, Data type mappings and Oracle model.
- Coordinated with all the data developers and generate reports for data migration and prepared script files for verification of data migration.
- Development of complex Informatica mappings to load ODS, EDW and Data Marts. Defined technical requirements for ETL processes. Performed dimensional and 3NF data modeling.
- Wrote several stored procedures in SQL Server Transact-SQL that were used to retrieve data into reports.
- Involved in extracting large volumes of data from different data sources, performing cleansing, transformations and loading that data into Oracle database using Oracle Data Integrator.
- Developed new Business Objects reports for HiNet accounting system.
- Created dashboards and scorecards using Crystal Xcelsius by turning static data from BOXI and spreadsheets into Dynamic charts, Moving averages, Dashboard simulator, Smart sliders and Interactive Calendars.
- Performed unit testing and system testing for universe, reports and security management.
- Involved in extensive discussions with team to write specifications, understand Business scenario and environment control.
Environment: Oracle 10g(DB Size 70TB), PL/SQL, Informatica PowerCenter 8.1, Informatica PowerExchange 8.1, Business Objects XI R2, Crystal Xcelsius 2008, Data Integrator, MS SQL Server 2005, T-SQL, Sybase 12.5.3
Confidential, Tampa, FL
Oracle Developer (Contractor)
- Worked closely with Business and Business Analysts in understanding the requirements and preparing technical specifications.
- Translated business requirements into creation and alteration of database objects: tables, indexes, constraints, stored procedures, packages, functions and triggers. Troubleshooting, Optimizing, and fine-tuning the SQL Queries for efficiency.
- Rewrote code to extensively use collections and records composite types. Wrote many Ad hoc SQL queries for Business Team.
- Built a Global Reporting Unit (GRU) data warehouse using Informatica and Business Objects.
- Developed mappings to populate Reference data tables which provide codes and descriptions for dimension tables in the database using PowerCenter. Implemented efficient and effective performance tuning procedures.
- Fixed invalid Mapping's, tested Stored Procedures and Functions, Unit Testing of Informatica Sessions, Workflows.
- Used Debugger wizard to remove bottlenecks at source level, transformation level, and target level for the optimum usage of sources, transformations and target loads.
- Developed several database rules using a Smartlink appliance know as Relationship Builder.
- Developed highly parameterized reports with complex formulas and also reports with sub-reports in them. Designed reports with drill-down capacity.
- Deployed an Employee Entitlement Review System interface for all employees who have access to the application.
- Created Invoice interface from application to Confidential ’s P2P payment system.
- Wrote UNIX Shell Scripts to automate the Invoice and EERS interface.
- Assumed the responsibility of creating Autosys and Connect Direct jobs and maintaining them.
Environment: Oracle 10g (DB Size 5TB), SQL, PL/SQL, Unix Shell Scripting, Informatica PowerCenter 7.1.3, Teradata V2R5.1, ER/Studio 7.0, Business Objects XI R2, TOAD 188.8.131.52, SQL*Plus, Relationship Builder 3, Serena PVCS, TeamTrack
Confidential, Las Vegas, NV
Oracle Developer (Contractor)
- Gathered User requirements and designed Functional and Technical specifications for the forms and reports.
- Custom forms were created using Oracle Forms 9i and customized using SQL*Plus and PL/SQL.
- Used TOAD and SQL*Plus to develop several Stored Procedures and Views on Oracle 10g to be used in various Reports.
- Implemented database monitoring and tuning, application, and queries using TKPROF, Explain Plan, OEM, and custom scripts for optimum performance within testing, development, and production environments.
- Developed the core business logic using EJBs and deployed them in Web Logic. Developed the Java Code using Eclipse IDE.
- Held extensive meetings with the Database vendor and Business users to understand the business process.
- Created highly parameterized reports, using Discoverer 10g, with dynamic and cascading pick lists and also reports with sub-reports in them. Designed reports with drill-down capacity.
- Worked closely with company staff and management to ensure that completed reports match final business requirements.