Dynamic and results - driven BI Developer with Around 5+ years of experience in BI, Databases, AWS and Azure in addition to the right set of skills and attitude to get the job done. Looking forward to associate with a vibrant organization, to fully utilize my knowledge and skills which conduce to the overall growth of the organization.
- Over 5+ years of experience in Data Analysis, Design, Implementation, Administration and support of Business Intelligence using SQL Server SSIS, SSAS and SSRS.
- Expertise in Power BI, Power BI Pro, Power BI Mobile.
- Strong knowledge in Power BI on how to import, shape, and transform data for business intelligence (BI), Visualize data, author reports, schedule automated refresh of reports and create and share dashboards based on reports in Power BI desktop.
- Expert in creating and developing Power BI Dashboards in to rich look.
- Proficient knowledge of Data Warehousing methodologies and concepts, including star schemas, snowflakes schemas, ETL processes, dimensional modeling and reporting tools.
- Proficient in writing complex T-SQL (DDL, DML), new features like CTE, Ranking Functions, TOP(n), PIVOT, XML PATH,SQL, Physical, logical database design and Performance tuning.
- Holds good knowledge of SSAS Concepts like - Creation of Cubes, Dimension/Fact Tables, Deployment process and knowledge about creation of Power pivot and performance considerations in T-SQL.
- Experienced in all facets of Software Development Life Cycle (Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and maintenance) using Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Hands on Experience in optimizing the SAP BO queries by creating various clustered, non-clustered indexes and indexed views.
- Skillful in ETL - Extraction Transformation Loading, Operations Data Store concepts, data marts and OLAP-Online Analytical Processing technologies.
- Developed reports using Tableau and Qlik view
- Experience in creating Views, Constraints, Triggers, Joins, Cursors, Temp Table, Table Variable, Functions, Batch Scripts and numerous stored procedure consumed at various stages of migration/cleansing process, reports or data validation.
- Developed U-SQL scripts for processing massive amounts of data in a very familiar environment which is mainly used for AZURE DATA LAKE ANALYTICS.
- Extensive experience in design and developing of jobs, workflows, Data flows and creation of transformations between source and target database using SAP Business Objects Data Services (BODS / BODI) Designer.
- Proficient in developing parameterized reports, chart, graphs, linked reports, drill-down reports using SSRS/Power BI.
- Strong Dashboard design experience and passionate practitioner of effective data visualization. Familiarity with best practices around visualization and design
- Created different visualization (Stacked bar Chart, Clustered bar Chart, Scatter Chart, Pie Chart, Donut Chart, Line & Clustered Column Chart, Map, Slicer, Time Brush etc.) in Power BI according to the requirements.
- Hand on experience in writing calculated columns and measures using MDX and DAX query language
- Experience in Error handling and Debugging coding issues and troubleshoot production problems.
- Experience in using tools like Database Engine Tuning Advisor, SQL Profiler, Index Tuning Wizard and Windows Performance Monitor for Monitoring and Tuning MS SQL Server Performance.
- Worked on creating Azure Data Factory for moving and transforming the data.
- Hands on experience in writing SSIS scripts/ Script component task using C#, VB script for customized data manipulation of complex SSIS packages
- Experience modifying views and dashboards in tableau to reflect updates and changes to requirements.
- Experience in publishing Power BI Desktop reports created in Report view to the Power BI service.
- Transformed data from one server to other servers using tools like Bulk Copy Program (BCP), Data Transformation Services (DTS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) R2).
- Proficient in the SSAS storage and partitions, aggregations, defining hierarchies, calculation of queries and developing reports using MDX and T-SQL.
- Used Power Query to acquire data and Power BI desktop for designing rich visuals
- Experience in Interacting with Business users to analyze the business process and transforming requirements into screens, performing ETL, documenting and rolling out the deliverables.
- Extensive experience in writing Power shell and VB scripts to automate the script task
- Good knowledge of Data Marts, Data warehousing, Operational Data Store (ODS), OLAP, Data Modeling like Dimensional Data Modeling, Star Schema Modeling, Snow-Flake Modeling, FACT, and Dimensions Tables using MS Analysis Services.
- Expertise with continuous integration and nightly deployments using TFS with a test-driven Design approach.
- Good understanding of Normalization /De-normalization, Normal Form, and database design methodology Expertise in using data modeling tools like MS Visio and Erwin Tool for logical and physical design of databases.
- Skilled in design of logical and physical data modeling using Erwin data modeling tool.
Databases: SQL Server (2005/2008/2008 R2/2012), Oracle 8i/9i, Oracle 10g/9i DB2,Postgre MS Access, NoSql Databases(Hbase).
Database Tools: MS SQL Server (2005/2008/2008 R2/2012), MS-Access, SQL Server Integration Services(SSIS), Data Transformation Services(DTS), SQL Server Reporting Services(SSRS)
Development skills: T-SQL, PL/SQL, SSIS/SSRS, SQL PLUS, Power BI
Languages: VB.net, Linux, Unix
ETL Tools: DTS, SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services), Informatica, COMOS, Kettle
Reporting Packages: SQL Server Reporting Services, MS Excel.
Tools: /Methodologies MS Project, SQL Profiler, Toad, TFS 2010, Agile, Jira, Waterfall.
Operating Systems: Windows XP, Windows 7,Windows 8, Win 2003/2008/2008 R2
POWER BI Developer//SQL Developer
- Coordinating with business users in analyzing business requirements and translating them to technical specifications.
- Developed dashboards and ad-hoc reports using MS Power BI and SSRS for senior management team for analysis.
- Using SSIS Package identified the Up-streams and imported the required tables into intake-database, Store Procedures are created in staging database using the intake-database tables & views.
- Created complex SQL stored procedures, Triggers, Functions, Views, Indexes in SQL Server 2016.
- Built MDX queries and Data Mining Expression (DMX) queries for Analysis Services & Reporting services.
- Design data model and creating the schema on Azure SQL
- Good grasp of database concepts, structures, storage theories, practices, or principles.
- Hands on expertise in SQL reporting, development, analytics, or BI.
- Relevant experience in processing flowcharts or data flow diagrams
- Used various sources to pull data into Power BI such as SQL Server, SAP BW, Oracle, SQL Azure etc.
- Created various views in Tableau like Tree maps, Heat Maps, Scatter plots, Geographic maps, Line chart and Pie charts.
- Designed and implemented SSAS Tabular Cube as the reporting layer. And Used DAX scripting to access data from Tabular Model
- Created many complex Query's and used them in Power BI Reports directly to generate reports on the fly.
- Incorporated complex business logics by writing complex SQL procedures and functions.
- Implemented OLAP Cubes, Facts, and Dimensions for providing summarized and aggregate views of large database sets.
- Extracted data from Oracle, SQL Server, Flat Files, Excel and XML using SSIS and cleanse the data.
- Scheduled and maintained nightly and weekly loads of data by creating the corresponding job tasks.
- Checking the code into TFS (Store Procedures, Views, Tables, Schema) for the deployment process for the production environment
- Published Power BI Reports in the required origination's and Made Power BI Dashboards available in Web clients and mobile apps.
- Involved in validating data between Qlik Sense and Cognos reports
- Wrote T-SQL (DDL and DML) queries, Store Procedures and used them to build packages and handled slowly changing dimensions to maintain the history of the data.
- Created parallel period, filter, ancestors, and cross join MDX queries.
- Created KPI's, Partitions, Perspectives, and Calculated Measures, used DAX queries, Roles.
- Implement the SAP Business Objects reporting requirement.
- Responsible for deploying the application for the Integration, Functional and User Acceptance Testing.
- Adheres to department, organization and industry guidelines, standards, policies and procedures.
- Created Page Level Filters, Report Level Filters, Visual Level Filters in Power BI according to the requirements.
- Used One Drive for storing different versions of Power BI report.
- Used JIRA for Version Control needs, task check-ins.
- Excellent problem-solving approach, analytics skills, T-SQL coding commands.
- Responsible for complete maintenance and delivery of scheduled releases.
- Good knowledge of data warehouse and ETL (Extraction, Transformation, and Loading) concepts
- Amazing communication skills and problem identification ability
Power BI Developer
Confidential - Wilmington, DL
- Developed custom calculated measures using DAX in Power BI to satisfy business requirements.
- Responsible for creating critical compliance test analysis documents and Business Requirement Documents (BRD).
- Implemented advanced SQL queries using DML and DDL statements to extract large quantities of data from multiple data points on MS SQL and Teradata SQL Assistant.
- Provided guidance and insight on data visualization and dashboard design best practices in Tableau.
- Involved in designing and publishing visually rich and intuitive Power BI dashboards.
- Published Power BI Desktop reports created in Report view to the Power BI service.
- Involved in Analyzing, designing, building &, testing of OLAP cubes with SSAS 2014 and in adding calculations using Multidimensional Expression MDX & DAX.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize accordingly
- Experience in designing database tables and Structures using MS SQL server
- Experience in Maintaining data quality and overseeing database security
- Used Joins, correlated and non-correlated sub-queries for complex business queries involving multiple tables & calculations from different databases.
- Plan and scheduled the report to run at desired frequency in Cognos Scheduler and scheduled the cubes to run on ETL job completion dependency using Auto sys tool
- Used Microsoft Azure date storage and Azure Data Factory, Data Lake
- Designed and developed new ETL/SSIS package that load data from OLTP into our existing Data Warehouse based on technical specifications and business requirements.
- Experience in UI development using HTML5 and CSS
- Provided maintenance and development of bug fixes for the existing and new Power BI Reports
- Experience in Data Analysis, understanding trends and patterns in data.
- Involved in scorecard and KPI Reporting.
- Implemented and successfully tested Log shipping in SQL Server 2008 and SQL Server 2012.
- Transformed and combined the data using Query Editor in the Power BI.
- Created Sub-Reports, Drilldown-Reports, Summary Reports, and Parameterized Reports using SSRS.
- Querying and manipulating multidimensional cube data through MDX Scripting in SSAS.
- Published dashboards on an intranet site using SharePoint Server.
Power BI developer//SQL Developer
Confidential, Dallas, Texas
- Used Power BI Desktop to connect various data sources and worked with different visualizations and created dashboards.
- Designed rich dashboards with power BI and prepared user stories to create compelling dashboards to deliver actionable insights.
- Gathered data from various external sources (Oracle) into a data warehousing system (Enterprise Cube) with the help of ETL process.
- Involved in designing and publishing visually rich and intuitive Power BI dashboards.
- Responsible for ongoing maintenance and change management to existing reports and optimize report performance (SSRS).
- Worked on writing the T-SQL code for the historical data to pull according to the specification requirement.
- Involved in database development using stored procedures, triggers, views and cursors
- Wrote DAX Expressions, Power Query, Functions in power bi.
- Used SSAS features to build and configure Hierarchical dimensions, define Measure groups, create Calculated Measures, KPI, configure Partitions, aggregations as well as Actions.
- Used various Data Visualizations with Power BI and published reports to Power BI Services
- Implemented cell level security in cubes using MDX expressions to restrict users of one region viewing data of another region using SSAS.
- Monitored performance and optimized SQL queries for maximum efficiency.
- Used majority of the transformations, tasks, containers present in SSIS which include Fuzzy grouping, Derived Column, Conditional Split, Aggregate, Lookup, Row Count, Merge Join, Union All, Multicast, Sort, Copy column, Data conversion and other transformations during development.
- Designed, reviewed, and created primary objects (views, indexes, etc.) based on logical design models, user requirements and physical constraints. Designed and developed web pages using VBScript.
- Created automation script to Scale up/down the Data Warehouse.
- Created SSIS packages to extract data from OLTP to OLAP systems and scheduled jobs to call the packages and Stored Procedures.
- Performed tuning of SQL queries and Stored Procedure for speedy extraction of data to resolve and troubleshoot issues in OLTP environment.
- Using a Query Editor in Power BI performed certain operations like fetching data from different file.
- Merge Queries and Append Queries, remove columns and split columns, choosing required columns in the data.
- Created dimensions by defining Parent-Child relationships, using different dimension types
- Involved in planning, defining and designing star/snowflake diagrams using Erwin on business requirement and provided documentation.
- Created complex stored procedures, triggers, tables, views and other T-SQL code and SQL joins for application.
- Created and executed SQL statements in both SQL production and development environment.
- Experience with SQL Server Replication
- Experience with WebLogic, Wild Fly, SQL Server
- Design and develop database objects, tables, stored procedures, views, triggers and SSIS packages
- Assist development team with complex query and schema refinement
- Performance tuning of stored procedures
- Analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time while providing problem resolution from end-to-end
- Experience in using Microsoft SQL, T-SQL language (queries, views, procedures), SQL Server Database Design, Stored Procedure Design and implementation
- Experience coding complex stored procedures using T-SQL
- Take the database reporting needs and turn them into powerful SQL queries that will extract data and compile it into meaningful reports
- Performance data loads and routine updates on an ongoing basis
- Develop database application forms using MS Access in coordination with SQL tables and stored procedures
- Experience with developing SSIS packages
- Develop, test, implement and maintain SSRS reports based on client requirements
- Designed and developed SQL Server stored procedures, functions and views that will be used to feed SSRS reports
- Troubleshoot data issues and performance tuning of SQL queries
- Created and maintenance of customized fields for reporting
- Clear understanding of Microsoft’s SQL Stack with SQL Server Reporting Services and Analysis services