- Earned a Masters of Business Administration with Technical Management .
- Senior Developer / Microsoft Technology Specialist Database modeling, designing & developing SQL Server 2017, 2014, 2012, 2008 R2, 2005 and 2000 database tables, stored procedures, functions, views and triggers, data warehousing, Data Mart, extensive use of SSIS, DTS, and ETL, data migration, Publish and Subscribe strategies, “Brokerage” of data from heterogeneous data sources and downstream delivery. Utilization and development of SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) reports. SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) data cube development for use within BI environments.
- Eighteen (18) years of experience using client/server, n - tier and web technologies developing applications using both Microsoft and non-Microsoft tools. Eleven (11) Years of .NET Architecture, design and development experience using VB.Net, ASP.Net, ADO.Net, C# development.
- Able to take on and apply new software development applications providing rapid solution roll out.
- Excellent communication skills and interfacing with business users.
LANGUAGES & APPLICATIONS: SQL Server 2017, 2016, 2014, 20 R2), SQL Server 2005, SQL Server 2000, SQL Server 7.0, SQL Server 6.5 SQL Server BI stack SSAS, SSIS, SSRS, SQL Server DTS, T-SQLTableau 2018, Power BI, PythonAzure SQL/Azure Migration, PL/SQL (Oracle 11g), PostgresSQL.Net Architectures, VB.Net ADO.NET, ASP.NET, C# (some)
Microsoft Visual Studio 2003: 2017Visual Basic 3.0 through 6.0 (Enterprise Editions)Visual Interdev 6.0, ASP, Perl, Excel PowerPivotDundas OLAP Charting Reports, Oracle 8, MS-Access Development (2.0 - 2010), Cognos 8 (Query studio, Analysis Studio), Active Reports, Crystal Reports Enterprise 9.0 (8.5, 8.0).
SOFTWARE / Miscellaneous: Toad (for Oracle), Team foundation Server (TFS), Rational Team Concert (RTC), Atlassian (SourceTree/BitBucket)Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Word, Powerpoint, Project), MS Visio, CA AllFusion ErWin Data Modeller 7, Cognos Impromptu v6, Cognos Powerplay v6, Cognos 8.2 Query Studio and Analysis StudioVisual SourceSafe., HomeSite 4.5, Wise Install Master 8.1, InstallShield Quest Spotlight (DB tool), DBArtisan (DB tool), RoboHelp, iScala (ERP), Epicor/Vantage (ERP). ColdFusion 4.5, Transformation Server (DataMirror ETL), VBScript, IIS, MTS, ActiveX, COM, Java, Delphi 3.0 & 4.0, Jam 7.02, SuperBase95, VAX BASIC, Versata Jade 4.0 & 5.0, TOLAS
OPERATING SYSTEMS: Windows Server 2016/2012/2008/2003 (Enterprise 64 & 32 bit), Windows XP Professional, Windows 2000 Server & Professional, UNIX (some)MS-Windows NT 3.5 & 4.0, Windows 95/98/3.11/3.1 MS-DOS 4.0, 5.0 & 6.0, VMS/RMS, OS/400 (some).
Confidential, Victor, NY
ETL SSIS Developer
- Development of SSIS ETL packages, and process improvement of existing packages, in support of a multinational supply chain management and sales history process.
- The data which is imported from a series of heterogenous data sources (flat file, Oracle, SQL Server) is scrubbed, transformed and processed into data formats specific for loading into a Logility SCM destination.
- This particular task has been in support of an international multi-year/multimillion-dollar project in its final year and completed successfully.
- Development, design, specification realization of the Supply Chain Customer Service DataMart Dimensional database (SQL Server 2016 & 2017).
- Also involving both the development of SSIS ETL data processing and scrubbing (nightly).
- Also included SSAS cube development incorporating data collection, scrubbing of data, evaluation of incoming variants and cube creation nightly within the SSIS process.
- Tableau report server reports, dashboards also created. Involved with specification of and creation, data mart structure creation design.
Confidential, Pittsford, NY
- Understanding and subsequent delivery of business domain specific data from the initial data source (core OLTP) via ETL processing and eventual presentation using various reporting strategies for both internal and client facing consumption in an Enterprise Reporting Data warehouse (ERD).
- This includes the understanding of business data requests, translating those into the delivery and integrated designs to meet these requirements within the business strategy and related business architecture.
- Required to provide design support and data modelling documentation for Data Quality Assurance (DQA) testing, Test Engineering (TE, regression and change request specific testing) and ETL (Oracle OBIEE) processing. Requires the need to understand logical and physical data modelling at both the macro and micro level data level. Modification to and creation of supporting tables, views and stored procedures, in an enterprise reporting data warehouse environment.
- Also an understanding in all phases of data modelling from overall design and concept to performance enhancements, tuning and optimization.
- Data modelling duties include the development and maintenance of tables (Fact, Dimension and ), views, stored procedures in a dimensional Enterprise Reporting Data Warehouse (ERD/EDW) held on an Oracle 11g based environment; update and maintenance of ERD documentation.
- Provided the solution to enable the addition of custom field data as an ad hoc inclusion into already established report definitions for client facing data.
- This required the dynamic creation of SQL statements per report to be generated on request and the subsequent response of the SSRS reports to accommodate the new fields also dynamically.
- Provide solutions for specific business requirements and modifications (e.g. Custom Fields addition to existing SSRS reports), and provide solutions to overcome existing issues (incorrect use of CLOB data as a parameter in reports and associated stored procedures).
- Provide builds of EDW DDL changes to be incorporated into the overall deployment process per sprint (Agile) across multiple environments (testing N1/N and Production).
Confidential, Rochester, NY
Senior SQL Server Business Intelligence Expert / DBA / Developer
- Provide analysis for and subsequent development of SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) data mart level Data Cubes.
- Utilize existing warehoused data to derive cube data (data mart) collection,
- Evangelize the capabilities and advantages of SSAS as a decision support tool.
- Provide report based requests from the executive level.
- Also provided a cube browser based upon the Dundas Software OLAP provider development tools using VB.Net.
- Data migration involved the development of SSIS packages for running the SSAS build processes off peak.
- Subsequently involved with converting the Crystal Reports based reporting solution to a SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) platform. As well as report design, the role also required the construction of a generic stored procedure enabling for dynamic creation of specific T-SQL queries depending upon the requirements of each report. Included in this specification was the capability of causing specific columns to be hidden from user view should a certain level of security be needed in the report/s.
- Developed and established an OLAP solution to support the client facing reports as offered by the client. The main intention being to offload reporting performance impact from the OLTP process and improve report delivery.
- Involved in the development of SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages to process the auditing of data change capture and reporting from an already existing trigger based solution to one utilizing Change Data Capture (CDC) architectures within SQL Server. This development also required the processing of the already existing historical audit data into the new architecture for continuity of past data changes also utilizing SSIS packages.
- Development of SSIS packages to perform Archive/Purge processes on the SQL Server data based upon a four (4) year threshold of data from the “live” data into an archive silo.
- Created a process to improve the transfer of data utilizing triggers producing XML placed into a Service Broker queue and consumed by a Web Service (in VB.Net).
- Involved in the overall optimization of the existing database, including retuning and redefining indexes for performance.
- Involved in BAU (Business As Usual) change requests for the HR Online production system which involved analysis, estimation and coding (written in C#) for the requested modifications to the applications involved, maintenance of SSIS and SSRS elements, DBA duties within certain test environments.
- Involved with migrating and validating SSIS packages from SQL Server 2008 R2 to SQL Server 2012.
- All while working within an Agile/Kanban software development environment.
Confidential, Rochester, NY
DBA / ETL Data Migration / SSRS Reports Developer
- Brought in to set up the ETL processes necessary for importing Excel derived data from third party sources into a SQL Server 2012 database.
- The files, containing telecom routing, duration, call issue error code related information are delivered by a daily FTP file drop.
- Provide ETL processes using SSIS.
- Provide various reports designed with SSRS.
- Provide DBA duties such as creating and tuning SQL queries, creation of indexes, setting up of database backup processing and SQL Agent scheduled job task creation. Creation of databases including file groups for separation of data and indexes.
Confidential, Rochester, NY
DBA / SSRS Reports Developer
- Initially brought in to set up and initiate the move to a replication strategy of data between their Rochester and Buffalo sites using SQL Server merge replication.
- I’ve since been involved in a consultative and advisory role with regards the overall performance of the SQL Server installation and the possibility of moving them to an OLAP/OLTP architecture; facilitating offloading their internal and client reporting overheads and the inevitable effect it is having on their daily transactional process including: query tuning, an improvement of performance with analysis and provision of “missing” Indexing on various tables, and stored procedures.
- More recently has been the development of new SSRS reports and an ongoing modification and improvement of various pre-existing reports.
Confidential, Rochester, NY
SQL Server Database Developer/SQL 2005 SSAS Data Cube development
- The tasks initially involved the design and development of SQL Server 2005 Analytical Services (SSAS) data cubes to fulfill ongoing reporting and analysis of the Demand Planning Forecasting analysis data mart.
- This role was later expanded to include support for the Data Warehouse/Data Mart migration process, including the migration of Cognos 7 solutions, and SQL 2000 Analysis Services cubes all to the SQL 2005 SSAS (32 and 64 bit environments).
- The role included analysis of data from business requirements, the development of domain specific data mart level data cubes to replace those existing Cognos 7 solutions, supported data preparation and support of the Cognos 8.2 reporting using Query Studio and Analysis Studio.
- The process included the creation of SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages to migrate data from Confidential & Confidential OCD data warehouse and data-mart sources to a specific destination for data collation and cube building, including any necessary ETL processes. The project also included evaluation, demonstration and recommendation of various cube presentation methods beyond Cognos 8.2 including ProClarity, Microsoft Excel Pivot Chart presentation, and Dundas reports development.
- The engagement extension involved conversion of further Cognos 7 data cube projects, and also included newly defined SSAS data cubes on SQL Server 2005 supporting the Cognos 8.2 presentation platform drawing data from heterogeneous data sources such as Oracle and SQL Server 2000/2005.
Confidential, Manhattan, New York, NY
- The creation and realization of SQL Server 2005 and SQL Server 2000 databases created from business requirements and system specifications. Ensuring that databases created to support specific applications under development (both in-house and Offshore providers) conform to specific company specifications and standards while being adequately configured for optimal performance.
- Developed a series of triggers on all update, insert and delete activity for all transactional tables. This enabled the auditing of activity upon the data and thus providing additional security.