- Over 6+ years of experience in analysis, design, development, testing and supporting of business applications in OLTP, OLAP and web - based Client/Server architectures.
- Worked with various clients in Banking, Health Care, Financial and Insurance domains.
- Expert knowledge in SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) and was involved in all phases in projects process and familiar with Agile, Scrum, and Waterfall methodologies.
- Proficient in analyzing the end user requirements and converting them into efficient Technical Solutions.
- Extensive experience in database programming using Oracle SQL/PLSQL, Informatica and Unix shell scripting.
- Extensive experience in implementing enterprise-wide Oracle based Client/Server and web applications.
- Responsible for all backup, recovery, and upgrading of all of the PostgreSQL databases.
- Responsible for configuring, integrating, and maintaining all Development, QA, Staging and Production PostgreSQL databases within the organization.
- Extensive experience in shell scripting, Python, or any other scripting language
- Expertise in developing complex code units like packages, procedures, functions, triggers and optimizing performance in Oracle 10g/11g/12c versions.
- Demonstrated experience in writing complex T-SQL queries as per requirements.
- Experience in designing and development of integration of the oracle applications with peer systems like SAP, Teradata, SQL Server, Oracle etc.
- Strong Knowledge on oracle architecture and database design.
- Experience in Database design using Normalization and E/R Diagrams.
- Expertise in loading data from legacy systems/flat files using SQL*Loader or external tables or ETL tool (Informatica Power Center).
- Experience in developing ETL programming using PL/SQL packages, stored procedures, functions, triggers.
- Experience in developing Database Triggers to enforce Data integrity, Data security and additional Referential Integrity.
- Experience in developing views to restrict users by providing column level security on the database tables.
- Experience in developing integration logic using ETL tools like Informatica Power Center (version 9.5.1).
- Experience in using Jira to track the cases/tickets in the production environment.
- Experience in working on Unix/Linux servers such as developing UNIX shell scripts, scheduling jobs using CRON tab, checking logs, validating inbound/outbound files, day to day maintenance activities.
- Experience in Query Optimization, Debugging, Tuning and improvising performance of the database, using the Oracle tools like Hints, Explain Plan, and TKPROF.
- Strong knowledge on OLTP and OLAP components development.
- Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, Client/Server Connectivity, and Database Consistency
- Strong Analytical, Problem solving and communication skills.
- Extensively involved in communicating with the business users in resolving the issues and contributing in the design sessions.
- Experience in all SDLC stages with CMMI level procedures and processes.
- Hard working, aggressive in acquiring new skills, ability to excel under pressure, innovative, self-motivated and good problem-solving skills.
- Experience effective in visualizing and implementing creative solutions to the most complex requirements.
Programming Languages: PL/SQL, PL/PGSQL, SQL, C, C++, .Net, Core Java
Web Technologies: HTML, HTML5, XHTML, PHP
Scripting Language: XML, CSS, Java Script
Database: Oracle 10g/11g/12c, SQL Server, MS Access.
ETL: Informatica 9.5.1
Operating Systems: Windows 95/98/NT/XP/Vista, Windows 2007, UNIX, Linux
Tools: /Utilities/IDE: Oracle Warehouse Builder, SQL Developer,PLSQL Developer,SQL Navigator, SQL*Plus, SQL*Loader, Dream viewer AQT (Advanced Query Tool), Oracle forms and reports 9i,UML, Export & Import (DTS), SSIS (Integration Services), SQL Server Analysis Services 2005, SQL Server Reporting Services 2005. TOAD 9.7, Oracle Discoverer, ER win, Power Designer 5.0, Eclipse, Oracle Designer 6.0, ER-Studio, Lotus Notes, SQL, PL/SQL, JDeveloper, Oracle Identity Manager Application
Confidential, New York
Oracle PL/SQL Developer/Data Analyst
- Responsible for requirements analysis, database design, development and unit testing of the application.
- Involved in the full development cycle of Planning, Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Implementation.
- Developing the Data Mart for the base data in Star Schema, Snow-Flake Schema involved in developing the data warehouse for the database.
- Developed and Debugged PL/SQL packages, procedures, functions and to ensure integrity of loaded data, based on pre-defined table-driven validations.
- Wrote Loader scripts using SQL Loader/External tables to load large tables.
- Responsible for developing and modifying several PL/SQL packages, procedures, functions, views and triggers using PL/SQL.
- Optimized queries by obtaining Explain Plan, analyzing tables, providing hints, and adding Indexes on tables where required.
- Loaded the data into database tables using SQL*loader from text and excel files.
- Designed database tables using various normalization techniques and database rules.
- Performed maintenance work on the database.
- Analyzed data integrity problems and provided assistance in giving solutions.
- Experience with industry standard methodologies such as Agile in various software development project.
- G enerated AWR and SQL Monitoring reports for SQL Performance tuning.
- Extensively used DTS package in Migration of the data from the previous timesheet database in SQL Server database to Oracle 10g.
- Developed queries or stored procedures using T-SQL to be used by reports to retrieve information from relational database and data warehouse
- Actively involved in troubleshooting database issues.
- Provided SQL and PL/SQL code tuning to improve database response time and performance for several applications.
- Developed Oracle Stored Procedures, Functions and Packages to effectively in corporate Business rules.
- Experience in creating authentication schemes and authorization for security components.
- Developed transformations, schemas and driver programs using Python 3.0 to transform the data as per the business needs (i.e., type-1, Insert/Update and type-2 logics)
- Modified and debugging Oracle Forms 11g and Oracle Reports11g through the OracleForms Builder and Oracle Report Builder applications.
- Creating Problem Ticket, LCM JIRA request for DBA to execute the script in the database.
- Worked with Dynamic SQL, Global Temporary Tables. Created materialized views, Inline Views & normal views where business requirements needed.
- Worked in Oracle reports and forms version 6i and 10g.
- Worked on Pro*C programs and PL/SQL Scripts to generate full extracts of large tables.
- Extensively used bulk collection in PL/SQL objects for improving the performing. Developed stored procedures and packages. Extensive work in PL/SQL. Developed Reports and forms using Oracle Designer.
- Worked with development of packages and procedures using PL/SQL and functions using ETL and PL/SQL.
Tools: UNIX, Oracle 11g/12c, PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, SQL*Loader, Oracle Pro*C, Microsoft Excel, TOAD, Java, PL/SQL, SQL Developer, T-SQL,DB2, Reports6i, GIT, Toad, JIRA, Tableau charts, HTML, CSS, Linux, Informatica, XML.
- Analyzed the business requirements for the enhancements needed in the contract Administration application and related policy modules.
- Implemented various customized Oracle reports using different techniques in Oracle SQL/PLSQL like SQL*Plus reports.
- Translated client data requirement s to logical data model using ERWIN modeler.
- Created and maintained data model whenever there are new table requirements.
- Generated DDL for DB objects.
- Provided 24*7 on call support to production environment.
- Created huge database packages with related functions and procedures.
- Developed views by joining multiple cash flow tables to show output as a report to the user.
- Extensive PL/SQL programming including Development of new backend packages, procedures and functions to in corporate advanced modules.
- Worked on BULK COLLECT for bulk loading the data into various transaction tables.
- Added database triggers to some history tables of the database for keeping track of updates to values in a history table.
- Responsible for migrating the data and data models from SQL server and Oracle environment to Teradata environment and applied Big data and Hadoop on top of it.
- Synched up the models by reverse engineering, compare model and merge model from
- Was a part of conversion team and have taken part actively in propose an idea to convert data from DB2 database to Oracle.
- Coding tasks have included Server/Database configuration, Data Definition Language (DDL), Data Manipulation Language (DML), Data Control Language (DCL), Transaction Control Language (TCL), .NET CLR stored procedures, triggers, functions and data retrieval structures using T-SQL, PL/SQL (ORACLE)
- Used file handling in Oracle to read and write into files associated with the modules.
- Worked on external hints during the SQL optimization to fast up the SQL process.
- Implemented various automated UNIX shell scripts to invoke PL/SQL anonymous blocks,stored procedures, functions and packages.
- Skilfully defined the list codes and code conversions between the Source Systems and Data Mart as well as actively involved in extensive data analysis on Teradata and Oracle Systems querying and writing in SQL.
- Used No SQL database Amazon dynamo DB (AWS) to store data of reporting Application.
- Used JSON for data exchange between browser and server. Used JSR353 for processing and manipulating JSON objects.
- Associated with physical and Logical Data Modeling using Erwin. Created models based on the dimensions, levels and measures requires for analysis.
- Responsible for design, develop and implementation of BI reporting solutions using SQL Server 2008 SSRS
- Assisted in working with Data stage Design of ETL mappings
- Database security by authenticating users, using logon triggers. Created materialized view on remote database and automated scheduler for refreshing of materialized view.
- Responsible for performance tuning, SQL tuning and optimization of SQL queries and indexes.
- Conducted GAP analysis to understand functional and technical dependencies in the documentation of new ecommerce features and functionality.
- Extracted the Business Requirements from the end users keeping in mind their need for the application and prepared Business Requirement Documents (BRD) and then translating into functional specifications and test plans. Closely coordinated with both business users and developers for arriving at a mutually acceptable solution.
- Error handling and monitoring SQL Server for Scheduled jobs.
- Involved in creation/review of functional requirement specifications and supporting documents for business systems, experience in database design process and data modeling process.
- Experience in BI Development and Deployment of DTS, SSIS packages from MS-Access, Excel and Oracle.
- Developed korn shell scripts to kick off back end PL/SQL, SQL, Pro*C programs.
- Developed screens and Forms 10g using Oracle Forms/Reports 6i/9i. Also developed reports using Pro*C and PL/SQL.
Tools: Oracle 11g/10g, PL*SQL, SQL Developer, SQL*Plus, UNIX, .NET,AWS, Erwin 8, DB2, GIT, HTML, CSS, Data stage 7.5.3/8.1, Linux
Confidential, Franklin, TN
Oracle PL/SQL Developer
- Involved in design sessions to understand the business requirements.
- Created Erwin data models for developed applications.
- Preparing estimates, prototyping the solution.
- Preparing solution design document, functional documents and technical documents.
- Review the components developed before deployment to test environments.
- Involved in preparing test scenarios and performing unit testing and supporting system integration testing and UAT testing.
- Developed backend PL/SQL packages, building UNIX shell scripts for data migration & Batch Processing
- Maintained General Ledger using Oracle Financials, produced management reporting, reconciled General Ledger issues and made adjustments where needed.
- Automated management reporting using OBIEE and Tableau
- Written Python scripts to connect- extract-stage as a part of data loading process for web-based API calls
- Tuning performance of the database using tools like STATSPACK, EXPLAIN PLAN, TKPROF, SQL TRACE, AWR and ADDM reports.
- Train business users and client IT team to make them comfortable with application.
- Support application during batch window and non-batch window.
- Developed Procedures for efficient error handling process by capturing errors into user managed tables.
- Developed Shell scripts to automate execution of SQL scripts to check incoming data with master tables, insert the valid data into Customer Management System and invalid data into error tables which will be sent back to sender notifying the errors.
- Used Toad for creating PL/SQL (trigger, sequence, stored procedure).
Tools: SQL Developer, Informatica 9.5.1, Putty, Python, UC4 for scheduling,SVN, Erwin.