- Over 8 years of extensive experience and hands on working knowledge in various domains of IT industry as SQL/MSBI/Power BI Developer.
- Strong experience with T - SQL (DDL & DML) in Implementing & Developing Stored Procedures, Triggers, Nested Queries, Joins, Cursors, Views, User Defined Functions, Indexes, User Profiles, Relational Database Models, Creating & Updating tables and checking the database consistency by executing DBCC Commands.
- Ability to work in all stages of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Experience in Error handling and debugging coding issues and troubleshoot production problems.
- Extensive Experience in RDBMS concepts such as Tables, User Defined Data Types, Indexes, Indexed Views, Functions, CTE’s, Table Variables and Stored Procedures.
- Experience in using tools like Database Engine Tuning Advisor, SQL Profiler, Index Tuning Wizard and Windows Performance Monitor for Monitoring and Tuning MS SQL Server Performance.
- Expertise in SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server 2005 Integration Services (SSIS) and in SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services (SSAS) in Business Intelligence (BI).
- Hands on experience with performing various SSIS data transformation tasks like Look-ups, Fuzzy Look-ups, Conditional Splits and Event Handlers, Error Handlers etc.
- Transformed data from one server to other servers using tools like Bulk Copy Program (BCP), Data Transformation Services (DTS) (2000) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) (2005/2008 R2).
- Used DAX (Data Analysis Expressions) functions for the creation of calculations and measures in the Tabular Models. Hands on experience in installing, configuring, managing, upgrading and migrating, Backup/Restore, monitoring and troubleshooting SQL Server 2008 R2/2005.
- Experience in Managing Security of SQL Server 2005/2008 R2 Databases by creating Database Users, Roles and assigning proper permissions according to the business requirements.
- Experience in developing Dashboard, Ad-hoc and Parameterized Reports, create complex reports (ex: drill down reports using different objects) using SSRS.
- Experience in Configure and maintain Report Manager and Report Server for SSRS, Deployed and Scheduled the Reports in Report Manager.
- Integration of SSRS Reports using various web parts into SharePoint (MOSS 2007) and various delivery mechanisms.
- Experience in Interacting with Business users to analyze the business process and transforming requirements into screens, performing ETL, documenting and rolling out the deliverables.
- Strong Experience in Creating, Configuring, Deploying and Testing SSIS Packages.
- Worked extensively on Extraction, Transformation, loading data from Oracle, DB2, Access, Excel, Flat Files and XML using DTS, SSIS.
- Experience in .NET/C# application development environment to use SQL Server Databases.
- Good experience in creating OLAP cubes using SQL Server analysis services (SSAS).
- Good knowledge of Data Marts, Data warehousing, Operational Data Store (ODS), OLAP, Data Modeling like Dimensional Data Modeling, Star Schema Modeling, Snow-Flake Modeling, FACT and Dimensions Tables using MS Analysis Services.
- Good understanding of Normalization /De-normalization, Normal Form and database design methodology Expertise in using data modeling tools like MS Vision and Erwin Tool for logical and physical design of databases.
- Extract and analyze data using Power Query, PivotTables, MS Excel, Power BI and SSAS. Worked with Business Analysts, Web development team, and users on database solutions.
Tools: SQL Server Management studio, Enterprise Manager, Profiler, SQL Server Business Intelligent studio (BIDS), Tableau, DTS, Report Builder 9.0ProClarity 6.2,SharePoint 2007
BI Tools: SSIS, SSAS, SSRS.
Databases: MS SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 , MS Access 97/2003/2005/2008.
T: SQL, PL/SQL, MDX,C, VB.net, C# (.NET)
Operating Systems: Windows vista/XP/2003/2000, Windows Server 2000/2003/2008 , UNIX.
Application Packages: MS Office Suite, MS Outlook, Windows SharePoint Services.
Data Modeling Tools: MS Visio, Erwin
Confidential, Brooklyn, NY
- Participate in the team business requirements gathering and analyze, understand and convert them into database solutions with solid exposure to architecture, analysis, design, testing, development, deployment, documentation & implementation.
- Imported EPIC extracts and EDI files using SSIS and loaded them into SQL Server 2012. Created different kinds of Tabular reports like Drilldown, Drill through, Cascaded parameters.
- Created different kinds of Tabular reports like Drilldown, Drill through, Cascaded parameters.
- Created SSIS packages to validate, extract, transform and load Enterprise data warehouse databases and deployed with minimal changes using XML configuration file.
- Deploying and Scheduling reports to generate daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports.
- Developed stored procedures using T-SQL to retrieve data and used it to generate ad-hoc reports.
- Experience in writing MDX queries and in developing OLAP cubes using SSAS for data mining and created reports from the OLAP cubes using SSRS. Comfortable mentoring others in my team for complex SSRS reports.
- Experience in SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) with good knowledge on SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Created SSIS Packages to load data from sources like Flat files, Excel, OLEDB, XML, and Oracle to SQL Server.
- Performed data cleaning, data validation, and data analysis using data analysis expressions (DAX). Involved in development and implementation of SSIS and SSRS application solutions for various business units across the organization.
- Experience working with Epic Caboodle Data Warehouse data modeling knowledge and working structures.
- Involved in Tabular Data warehouse and DAX operations for SSAS 2016/2012 and 2008 OLAP databases.
- Created cubes in SSAS and build MDX queries to query cubes and to access cube's data.
- Created SSIS packages with different control flow options and data flow transformations such as Conditional Split, Multicast, Union all and Derived Column etc.
- Setting up Power BI Environment, creating app workspaces, publishing apps and setting up Power BI Gateway.
- Created Turbo Integrator processes to populate TM1 Cubes with latest forecast data from Data Repository.
- Experience in creating indexed views, complex stored procedures and useful functions.
- Created Clustered and Non-Clustered Indexes on tables for performance optimization of complex stored procedures
- Used SSIS to create ETL packages to validate, extract, transform and load Research data warehouse databases and data marts.
- Expertise in designing, developing, debugging and testing of reports in SSRS.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2017/2016/2014/2012/2008 R2/2008/2005,TSQL, MS SQL Server IntegratedServices(SSIS) SQL Agent, SSRS, SQL Profiler, Teradata, tableau, Visual Studio, .Net Framework. QlikView
Confidential, Woonsocket, RI
SQL Server/MSBI Developer
- Created SSIS Packages using SSIS Designer for export heterogeneous data from OLE DB Source (Oracle), Excel Spreadsheet to SQL Server 2005.
- Used SSIS to create ETL packages (.dtsx files) to validate, extract, transform and load data to data warehouse databases, data mart databases, and process SSAS cubes to store data to OLAP databases.
- Migrated DTS 2000 packages to SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and modified the packages accordingly using the advanced features of SQL Server Integration Service.
- Designed ETL packages dealing with different data sources (SQL Server, Flat Files, and XMLs etc) and loaded the data into target data sources by performing different kinds of transformations using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Developed new mappings using SSIS Look Up/Aggregation transformations to match the needs of the business case.
- Developed, deployed and monitored SSIS Packages including upgrading DTS to SSIS.
- Expert in calculating measures and dimension members using multi-dimensional expression (MDX), mathematical formulas, and user-defined functions.
- Conceptualized and Designed Logical and Physical Data Models using ERWIN.
- Defined aggregations required and granularity available and required in EDW.
- Wrote complex Stored Procedure, Queries, Triggers, Functions, Indexes, User-defined functions and Cursors for application. Created SQL server Analysis Projects using MS SQL Server 2005.
- Defined granularity with in a measure group and drill through actions. Implemented the calculations to aggregate physical measures.
- Used SSAS MDX to extract data from cubes and Created MDX script for representing Cube Calculations.
- Created calculated fields with MDX code to meet additional measures needs that are calculated from existing measures.
- Deployed Tableau Server in clustered environment by mapping server nodes to primary machine.
- Administered user, user groups, and scheduled instances for reports in Tableau.
- Hands-on development assisting users in creating and modifying worksheets and data visualization dashboards.
- Created report schedules, data connections, projects, groups in Tableau server.
- Implemented member properties, virtual dimension, dimension custom rollups, write back, action and drill through.
- Created partitions (employed storage modes and usage based optimization), calculated members, and perspectives to enhance the cubes utilization. Also used MDX to query them.
- Identified and Defined Key Performance Indicators in SSAS 2005.
- Maintained Security Role and Database Users.
Environment: SQL Server 2008/2012/2014 Enterprise Edition, SSIS, SSRS, tableau, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, Oracle, PL/SQL, C#,VB.Net, XML, Visual Studio 2008 & 2005.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
SQL Server/SSIS Developer/SSRS Developer
- Worked in creating complex Stored Procedures, triggers, cursors, tables, views, joins and statements for applications. Developed complex T-SQL code for the application.
- Involved in designing the physical databases model on SQL Server 2008 R2 RDBMS using different Data Definition and Data Manipulation languages (DML/DDL) implementing constraints and triggers for data integrity in development database for Warehouse system.
- Extensively used T-SQL to manipulate and architect to produce results for users.
- Worked with development teams in the design of physical databases and in modification.
- Performed efficient tuning of SQL source queries for data load/ Usage of stored procedures for performance.
- Created SSIS process design architecting the flow of data from various sources to target.
- Used SSIS to create ETL packages (.dtsx files) to validate, extract, transform and load data to data warehouse databases, data mart databases and process SSAS cubes to store data to OLAP databases.
- Created SSIS Templates for developing SSIS Packages in such a way that they can be dynamically deployed into Development, Testing and Production Environments.
- Developed DTS packages to copy tables, schemas and views and to extract data from Excel and Oracle using SSIS.
- Created ETL SSIS packages both design and code to process data to target databases.
- Knowledge in designing and developing Data Warehouses, Data marts and Business Intelligence using multi-dimensional models such as Star Schemas and Snow Flake Schema for developing Cubes using MDX.
- Constructed OLTP and OLAP Databases.
- Created complex SSAS cubes with multiple fact measures groups, and multiple dimension hierarchies based on the OLAP reporting needs.
- Created calculated fields with MDX code to meet additional measures needs that are calculated from existing measures.
- Used efficient task objects/connections/work flows in packages based on data volumes and data sources.
- OLAP model based on Dimension and FACTS for efficient loads of data based on Star Schema structure on levels of reports.
- Creating Tabular, Matrix reports (also called as crosstab or pivot), Charts and graphs as per customer requirements Using SSRS.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Reporting Service (SSRS) with Report authoring, Report management, Report delivery and Report security.
- Created and developed query for Drill Down and AD Hoc Reports using SQL Server 2005/2008 R2 Reports Services (SSRS).
- Worked on various complex requirements of developing monitoring dashboards with multiple KPIs in Performance Point Monitoring Server 2007, Share point.
- Deployed designed PPS dashboards & reports in MOSS site using PPS Dashboard viewer Web Part for web based access for multiple end users.
- Used Notification services to generate error messages and send them to the user through e-mails, pager messages, and PDA as well as window messengers.
- Involved in project status report updates/ creation of issue items for reviews/ updates of technical and transformation files on timely basis.
Environment: SQL Server 2008/2012 Enterprise Edition, SSIS, SSRS, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, MS Access 2003, Oracle, SharePoint, PL/SQL, C#,VB.Net,ASP.NET, XML, Visual Studio 2008 & 2005,MS Visio 2007,TFS.
SQL Server/BI Developer
- Understand user requirements and Data Model defined and developed by the business analysts and data architects.
- Created complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, Indexes, Tables, Views and other T-SQL code and SQL joins for applications following SQL code standards.
- Managed indexes, statistics and tuned queries by using execution plan for optimizing the performance of the databases.
- Maintained the physical database by monitoring and optimizing performance, data integrity and SQL queries for maximum efficiency using SQL Profiler.
- Extract, Transform and Load source data into respective target tables to build the required data marts.
- Created ETL process using SSIS to transfer data from heterogeneous data sources.
- Created logging for ETL load at package level and task level to log number of records processed by each package and each task in a package using SSIS.
- Migrated DTS objects to SQL Server Integrated Services (SSIS) environment.
- Designed SSAS cube to hold summary data for Target dashboards.
- Developed Cube with Star Schema.
- Created usage based aggregations in cube to minimize time for query retrieval from client tool Targit.
- Implemented cell level security in cubes using MDX expressions to restrict users of one region seeing data of another region using SSAS.
- Responsible for gathering business requirements to create business user reports.
- Created Parameterized, Cascaded, Drill-down, Cross-tab and Drill-through Reports using SSRS 2005.
- Generated Reports using Global Variables, Expressions and Functions for the reports.
- Responsible for scheduling the subscription reports with the subscription report wizard.
- Worked on performance tuning on existing stored procedures and existing reports for the faster processing of reports.
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008 Enterprise Edition, MS Access, ETL Packages (SSRS,SSIS),Great Plains, PL/SQL, C#,VB.Net, HTML, IIS, Visual Studio 2008 & 2005, Visual Source Safe, DTS, T-SQL, VSS,TFS.
Confidential, New York, NY
SQL Server Developer
- Requirement gathering, Functional & technical specifications for end user and end client applications, Re-Engineering and capacity planning.
- Analysis, Design and data modeling of Logical and Physical database using E-R diagrams.
- Involved in database Schema design and development.
- Designed tables, constraints, necessary stored procedures, functions, triggers and packages using T-SQL.
- Audited the Front-end application calls to SQL Server.
- Created efficient Queries, Indexes, Views and Functions.
- Enforced Security requirements using triggers to prevent unauthorized access to the database.
- Optimized the Database for best performance, with DBCC, partition table.
- Design and develop the payroll module using MS SQL Server 2005.
- Migrated data from MS Access to SQL Server.
- Performance Tuning of the client databases for better performance on a regular basis.
- Responsibilities include writing of scripts for Database tasks, releasing Database objects into production.
- Running DBCC consistency checks, fixing data corruption on application Databases.
- Worked in establishing connectivity between VB applications and MS SQL Server by using ADO.
- Supporting ADO and Active-X connectivity to the database.
Environment: SQL server 2000/2005,Oracle 9i/10G, MS VB Access, Windows 2003 Standard Edition, Windows 20
Confidential, New York City, NY
- Used T-SQL to develop Stored Procedures, User-Defined Functions (UDFs), Indexed Views, and DML Triggers to facilitate ETL processes in SQL server 2008.
- Extracted, reviewed and transformed historical data from various data sources (Excel, CSV, SQL, Flat File) using OLE DB connection by creating various SSIS ETL packages.
- Performed performance tuning on existing stored procedures/queries by analyzing execution plans, logs/statistics, and traces in SQL Server Profiler/Database Engine Tuning Advisor.
- Created and maintained all types of database backup and recovery strategies and set up jobs to automate maintenance jobs to run daily.
- Utilized ETL tools including SSIS to implement process chain which automates data cleaning and loads data from staging database into PeopleSoft and Cognos BI.
- Built efficient SSIS ETL packages for processing fact and dimension tables with transforms and Slowly Changing Dimensions (SCD) to ensure the database platforms are configured, and maintained to capture record changes.
- Gathered business requirements, definition and design of the data sourcing and data flows, data quality analysis, working in conjunction with the data warehouse architect on the development of logical data models.
- Participated in meetings, reviews, and user group discussions as well as communicating with management and business groups.
Environment: T-SQL, MS SQL Server 2008, SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS), Windows Server 2008, SharePoint 2010, PeopleSoft HCM 9.0, IBM Cognos BI 8