- Certified SQL Server Database Administrator with extensive professional experience over six years in developing, administering and maintaining SQL Servers 2005, 2008 R2, 2012, 2014, and 2016.
- I have expertise in troubleshooting, designing databases, HA & DR solutions, developing reports and SSIS packages, migrate and upgrade databases, proactive monitoring, performance tuning, SQL/T - SQL queries and handling complex production issues.
- I am a self-motivated, team player with excellent verbal, written and communications skills.
- I have in depth understanding of the business analysis with proven ability to deliver high quality products and services on a scheduled and under budget. I am seeking for a challenging position with a prospective and growing company to utilize and expand my professional and technical knowledge, skills and experiences
- Have solid professional knowledge and experience on Advanced Installation and Configuration, Monitoring and Health Check, Reporting, and Maintenance with troubleshooting capabilities.
- Have Strong working experience as a Database Administrator in MS SQL Server (2016/2014/2012/ 2008 R2/ 2005) in Prod, Dev and Test (Clustered, Stand Alone, and VM Servers) Environments
- Extensive work experience in TempDB configuration, partitioning, shrinking, compression, and database optimization
- Extensive work experience in applying latest Service Packs, patches, and hotfixes
- Performed automation of administrative tasks such as Maintenance plans, Jobs, and Alerts
- Implemented Linked Servers within SQL Server environment
- Perform Database Refresh on regular basis for Dev and QA environment.
- Conducted Performance Tuning, Monitoring Server & database health check, disk space Utilization, troubleshooting, optimizing, and tuning lock, block, deadlock, index fragmentation.
- Have Strong Knowledge on DMVs and DMFs
- Have strong experience on Query Optimization, Query Execution Plan
- Implemented SQL Server security, managing users, granting/revoking access, encryption, TDE, data masking, auditing, and monitoring to comply with Microsoft and industry best practices
- Implemented Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) on Databases and Column level and Decryption
- Managed Server, Database, Object, Role, and Schema Level Permission group service accounts
- Configuring, monitoring, and administering ‘Always On’ on SQL Server 2012/2014/2016
- Configured WSFC Clustering in VMware Environment and Installed FCI
- Installed, Configured and Maintained Database Mirroring using automatic Fail-Over options
- Configured Log Shipping as Standby database from Production database for Reporting purposes
- Configure and Maintain Transactional and Merge Replication
- Strong knowledge and experience in capacity planning and implementing disaster recovery solutions- database Backup, Restore, and Point-in-Time Recovery in accordance with RTO and RPO guidelines.
- Great working knowledge and experience in configuring and managing SSRS, developing and deploying reports using SSRS and Report Builder 3.0/2.0
- Installed, Configured, and administered SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) performed ETL Operations, Batch Process, Export & Import data from Excel File, Flat file, CSV file to/from SQL Server Database using DTS, BIDS, SSDT
- Experienced in upgrading SQL Server (2005/2008 R2) instances to SQL Server 2012/2014/2016
- Migrate Database from Oracle 10gR2/11g, MySQL 5.5.1 to SQL Server 2012/2014
- Export & Import data from My-SQL and Access databases to SQL Server and Vice Versa
- Good knowledge and working experience in Operating Systems (O/S) - Windows Server 2016/2012 R2/2008 R2/2003 R2/2000 including Active Directory Domain Services.
- Installed, Configured, and Managed VMware.
- Having excellent experience in SQL Server and Database Architectures
- Have wide knowledge and experience in Database Design and Development, and Data Modeling
- Expertise in need assessment, logical/physical database design, reverse/forward engineering
- Proficient in writing T-SQL batches and developing Indexes, Stored Procedures, User Defined Functions, CTEs, Triggers, SQL joins, Views, Cursors, table variables, sub-queries
- Capable of forming and maintaining positive and productive working relationships in team work
- Having excellent verbal, written and presentation skills, independent problem solving, team player, proactive, multi-tasking and prioritizing skills, detail oriented and excellent interpersonal skills
- Performed Production support 24/7 and on call duties (Rotation)
- Worked with Team Foundation Server (TFS), Cloud/Azure
Database Management System: SQL Server 2016/2014/2012/2008 R2/2005, MySQL, MS Access 2007, 2003
Database Design & Data Modeling: Normalization, Unified Modeling Language (UML), Erwin, SSDD (SQL Server Database Diagram)
Operating System & VMware: Windows Server 2016/2012 R2/2008 R2/2003 R2/2000, Windows XP/7/8
ETL Tools: SSDT/BIDS, SSIS/DTS, BCP, Import/Export Wizard
Reporting: SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services), Report Builder (3.0,2.0), Crystal Report
Upgrade/Migrate: SQL Server to SQL Server, Oracle to SQL Server, MySQL to SQL Server, and MS Access/Excel to SQL Server, SSMA
Third-Party Tools: SQL Sentry, Idera, Red Gate, ERWin, Remedy, Jira
Native tools: Activity Monitor, Performance Monitor, Extended Events, SQL Server Profiler, Database Tuning Advisor, Execution Plan, Job Activity Monitor, Built-in Standard Reports, BIDS/DTS, DMVs & DMFs, DBCC, SQL Server Configuration Manager, Live Query Statistics, Query Store, SSMA
Hardware/Storage: SAN, RAID, iSCSI
Networking: Active Directory, TCP/IP, DNS, WAN, LAN, HTTP/ HTTPS
Version Control: Team Foundation Server (TFS), Octopus, Git
- Installed, Configured, and Maintained SQL Server 2016, 2014 on Prod/Test/Dev environments
- Upgraded SQL Server 2005/2012 databases to 2014/2016
- Migrated Oracle 10gR2 and 11g and MySQL 5.1.23/5.5.6 databases to SQL Server
- Deploy Changes/SPs/Queries in Production Environment
- Configured and Maintained AlwaysOn Availability Group using SQL Server 2016/2014/2012 with Synchronous Commit automatic-failover mode
- Applied SP (Service Pack) and patching on SQL Server 2012,2014,2016 on a routine basis
- Worked on Database refresh in Dev/Test servers with Prod data and reinstate the server
- Configured, managed, and monitored Transactional Replication and Log Shipping
- Implemented SQL Server security, creating and managing users, granting/revoking access
- Performed performance tuning for servers, databases, SQL/T-SQL queries and Stored Procs
- Used Native Tools, Query Analyzer, Execution Plan, Live Query Statistics, Query Store, Extended Events, SQL Server Profiler, Database Tuning Advisor, PerfMon, Resource Monitor and Activity Monitor for monitoring, tuning, and troubleshooting purpose
- Used DMVs and DMFs to monitor the health of a server instance, diagnose problems, and performance tune
- Proficiently worked on T-SQL scripting, creating and modifying Tables, Index, Views, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, declaring Cursors and variables, CTEs
- Monitored Server Activity, Error Log, space usage, database health, backup verification, cleaning history and solving problem as needed
- Performed regular backups, restores and automated different day to day tasks
- Installed, Configured, and administered SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and Reports development, deployment, distribution and reports subscriptions
- Developed, deployed, and managed Reports like ad hoc, parameterized, cascade, drill down and sub report in SSRS using multiple sources
- Developed managed and maintained SSIS packages to perform various ETL operations from/to various sources and destinations using SSDT, SSIS, Import/Export Wizard for SQL Server 2014/2016
Work Environment: Windows Server 2012, 2008 R2, IIS 7.5, 6.5, SQL Server 2016, 2014, 2012, 2008 R2, Sentry One, Idera, TFS, ASP, ASP.net, Visual Studio 2010, Cloud/Azure
- Installed, configure and maintained SQL Server 2012/2008 R2/2005
- Upgraded SQL Server 2005 and 2008 instances and databases to 2012
- Implemented Data Masking for Dev, UAT & Production environment
- Set up Jobs and Maintenance plan.
- Perform Database/Technical Refresh for Dev Environment
- Implement Transparent Data Encryption (TDE)
- Applied SP/ HOT Fixes (Service Pack) on SQL Server
- Trouble Shoot performance issues related to query optimization, tempDB, and log file growing fast, identify and release Lock, block and deadlock.
- Used DMVs and DMFs to Diagnose Server Health and Improve Performance
- Developed Stored Procedure, Trigger, Views
- Managed Backup and restore process.
- Configured and Maintained Database Mirroring using Automatic Fail-Over options in SQL Server R2
- Configured Log Shipping as Standby database from Production database for Reporting purposes
- Configured and Implemented Transactional Replication
- Created SQL Server migration analysis report that will publish the cost and time requirements for Migration using SSIS and SSRS
- Developed and published Reports using SSRS that include Drill-Down Report, Graph, and Chart etc.
- Send Report through Email in MHTML and Attachment using Data Driven Subscription
- Developed and Deployed SSIS Packages.
- Migrated SSIS Packages from SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2012
- Export/Import data from Excel File, Flat file, CSV file to/from SQL Server Database using DTS, BIDS, SSIS
- Designed Database, Data Model and Developed E-R Diagram
- Used different Data Modeling tools e.g. ERWin, SQL Server Data Diagram
- Performed Forward & Reverse Engineering
- Implemented scheduled jobs to automate different database related activities including backup, monitoring database health, disk space, backup verification, Database Mail Alert
- Followed up SQL Server Error Log, Space usage
- Used SQL Server Profiler, Extended Event, Database Engine Tuning Advisor, Performance Monitor, and Activity Monitor to analyze and monitor performance of the system.
- Used Idera SQL Diagnostic Manager to monitor SQL Server status as a Third-Party Tools.
Work Environment: Windows Server 2012 R2, 2008 R2, 2003 R2, IIS 7.5, 6.5, SQL Server 2012, 2008 R2, 2005, Sentry One, Redgate, TFS, ASP, ASP.net, Visual Studio 2010