- I have 8 years of experience working as SQL Developer/MSBI Developer
Senior MSBI Developer
Confidential - Chicago, IL
- Designed T - SQL stored procedures and functions in SSIS and SSRS.
- Designed user defined functions, stored procedures, views and sub queries.
- Designed and built dynamic ETL packages to extract data from different sources such as SQL Database, Oracle, CSV, and Excel for incremental and full data warehouse refresh.
- Transformed and cleansed source data through Lookups, Stored Procedures, Derived Column, Fuzzy Lookup and expressions.
- Used SSIS Data Flow Tasks, SQL Merge, and OLE DB Command to load data to SQL database, staging area, and data warehouse (DWH).
- Used SSIS variables, parameters, and expressions to implement dynamicity of Master ETL Package, connection managers, tasks, containers, Send Mail, Row Count, Script tasks, etc.
- Used SSIS Error Log Provider for SQL Server to implement Package and Container level error and event handling to a SQL Server DB.
- Used Integration Services Catalogs and SQL Agent to schedule execution of SSIS packages.
- Monitored and maintained existing ETL packages and Reports to fix issues and bugs and troubleshooting.
- Created multidimensional OLAP Cubes and modified the Relationship between Measure groups and dimensions using SQL Server Analysis Services.
- Created dimension hierarchies and cube calculations, actions, partitions, aggregations and perspectives using SSAS.
- Designed and built SSRS Reports (KPI based Dashboards and charts) and tabular summary reports with drill down and drill through features using MDX and T-SQL.
- Published SSRS Reports to site and Reporting Manager.
- Designed Cascading parameterize reports using SSRS
- Documented and checked in Business Intelligence (BI) artifacts to a source control.
- Determined business and systems requirements and modified reports according to the requirement of the end users.
Environment: SQL Server 2014/2012/2008/ R2, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Windows NT, Microsoft Access, Team Foundation Server, SharePoint, Power Pivot, T-SQL.
Confidential - Morrisville, NC
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for Managing BI Environment which includes Business model, Data Model, Data sources, ETL tools, target data warehouse, Data marts, OLAP analysis and Reporting tools.
- Created new database objects like Sequences, Procedures, Functions, Packages, Triggers, Indexes and Views using T-SQL in Development and Production environment for SQL Server.
- Created joins and sub-queries for complex queries involving multiple tables.
- Designed and developed SSIS (ETL) packages to validate, extract, transform and load data from OLTP system to the Data warehouse and Report-Data mart.
- Used various SSIS tasks such as data transformations like Slowly Changing Dimension, Aggregate, Sort, Multicasting, Cache Transform, Conditional Split and Derived column so on which includes data validation checks during Staging, before loading the data into the Data warehouse.
- Designed and developed efficient SSIS packages for processing fact and dimension tables using transformations like Fuzzy lookup, lookup, Sort, Merge join, script component.
- Responsible for implementation of Data viewers, SSIS Logging, Error configurations for Error handling, Try Catch Blocks in the packages.
- Responsible for Performance Tuning of the SQL Commands with the use of the SQL Profiler and Database Engine Tuning Wizard.
- Wrote Parameterized Queries for generating Tabular reports and Sub reports using Expressions and Functions, Sorting the data and Subtotals for the reports using SSRS.
- Customized reports by adding Filters, Calculations, Prompts, Summaries and Functions.
- Created reports to retrieve data using Stored Procedures that accept parameters.
- Administered interface to organize reports and data sources, schedule report execution and delivery, and track reporting history using SSRS.
- Performed checkpoints/reviews on designs and code being created by the other Data Integration developers.
- Extensively used Calculations, Variables, Break Points, Drill, and Slice and Dice for generating reports.
- Built effective queries for high-performance reports and rendered them to HTML, XML, PDF and Excel formats using SSRS.
- Created and deployed ad hoc reports, drill down reports as required.
- Created SSRS Report Model Projects in BI studio and created, modified and managed various report models with multiple model objects, source fields and expressions.
- Developed various Charts (Pie Charts) and Graphs like Bar Chart (Side by Side, Stacked) using SSRS.
Environment: Erwin, SQL Server 2012/2014, Microsoft Visual Studio 2013/2012, MS Server Integration services, SSRS (MS server Reporting Services), MS SSAS, T-SQL, Window 2012 Server, Oracle 9i/10g/11g, Db2, Crystal Reports.
Confidential - Belleville, MI
- Understand the business requirements and specifications from the business and technical perspective
- Involved in Design, Development, Testing and Implementation of SSIS Packages and SSRS Reports.
- Extensively working in various transformations to implement the business requirements on the SSIS Packages.
- Hands on Debugging, Error Handling and Deploying the SSIS packages.
Confidential - Vernon Hills, IL
- Developed Stored Procedures in SQL for extracting and performing data transformations on the legacy data.
- Worked in Database tuning and performance monitoring.
- Created complex SSIS packages using proper control and data flow elements.
- Worked in SSRS development from analyzing business requirement, designing report, developing report from scratch using SSRS, deploying report and managing report through report manager.
- Applied conditional formatting in SSRS to highlight key areas in the report data.
- Developed various types of complex reports including drill down, drill through, cross tab reports
- Migrate Data from multiple sources like flat file and Excel to Single SQL Server table
- Expertise in SVN, Service now, JIRA, etc.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008 R2 Reporting Services, SSIS, T-SQL, SVN, Windows 2000/2003 and XP, Microsoft Visual Studio 2012, C# .Net & ASP.Net, MS Access 2003 & 2007, JIRA, CURIUM, UC4, AMS