- • 6+ years of experience as MS SQL Developer, worked on Database Design and Development in SQL Server system in OLTP and OLAP environment.
- • Highly proficient in using T - SQL for developing complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Tables, User Defined Functions, Views, Indexes, User profiles, SQL joins, CTEs, Cursors, DDL, DML Scripts, data modeling.
- • Software Development Life cycle (SDLC), Agile Methodology with Extensive experience in Microsoft Database Technologies that includes Database Design and Development of SQL Server in domains like Finance, Health, etc.
- • Experienced in strategically implementing indexes such as Clustered index, Non-clustered index, implement index appropriately to achieve faster data retrieval.
- • Proven ability in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization for improved database performance.
- • Experience working with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) for high performance Data Integration, Data Migration and report generation.
- • Extensively used Joins and Sub-Queries to simplify complex queries involving multiple tables and established relationships between tables using Primary Key & Foreign Key Constraints
- • Expert in data migration from OLEDB/EXCEL/FLAT/XML file to SQL Server and other destinations using SSIS, DTS wizard (Data Transformation Services) tool through data flow tasks, look up transformations and script tasks.
- • Experienced in Extracting, Transforming and Loading the data using SSIS in SQL Server and DTS (Data Transformation Services) in SQL Server.
- • Experience in creating SSIS Packages for integrating data using OLEDB connection from heterogeneous sources (Excel, CSV, flat file, Text Format Data) and SQL databases by using multiple transformations provided by SSIS such as Data Conversion, Conditional Split, Bulk Insert, Merge and Union All, Lookup, Derived columns, Row count, For loop container, For each loop container, Sequence container.
- • Experience in implementing and managing Event Handlers, Package Configurations, Logging, System and User-defined Variables, Check Points, Transactions and Expressions for SSIS Packages.
- • Experience in creating administrative functions such as backing up and restoring databases, copying SQL Server database objects.
- • Experience in administering SSIS packages such as Scheduling package execution, backing up and restoring packages, monitoring integration services performance and activity, and implementing security configurations for SSIS Packages.
- • Experience in creating Report Models for building Ad hoc reports using SSRS and understanding of Relational Database Systems, Normalization/de-Normalization.
- • Worked in Logical modeling using the Dimensional Modeling techniques. Data modeling, creating star and snowflake schemas.
- • Proficiency in creating diverse types of reports such as Cross-Tab, Conditional, Drill-down, Top N, Summary and Sub reports, and formatting them.
- • Experienced in creating Queries using global variables, expressions, and functions for the reports.
- • Excellent understanding of database structures, principles, theories and practices
RDBMS: SQL Server 2005/ 2008/2008 R 2/ 2012/2014/2016
Database/ETL Tools: SSIS, SSAS, SSRS
Reporting: SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Report Builder
Languages: VB.NET, C#, C++, T-SQL, E-SQL
MSOffice: Microsoft Office Tools
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2000, 2003, 2008, 2008R2, 2012
Tools: Backup Utility, Lite Speed for SQL Server, Visio, Photoshop Illustrator, InDesign, GitHub, Jira
Confidential, Bethesda, MD
MS SQL/SSIS Developer
- • Collected business requirements from users and translated them as technical specs and design docs for development.
- • Involved in ER diagrams and mapping the data into the database objects, design of the Database and the Tables.
- • Build table relationships and wrote stored procedures to clean the existing data.
- • Identified various data sources, designed and developed data models (physical/logical data models) based on the given specs and requirements.
- • Performance tuning on database Objects to achieve optimal data retrieval/updates using SQL Profiler, Execution plan.
- • Created database objects - Tables, Views, User defined functions, Store procedures, Joins, Dynamic • Worked as a developer in creating complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, Indexes, Tables, Views and other T-SQL code and SQL joins for applications.
- • Extensively used T-SQL in constructing user functions, views, indexes, user profiles, relational database models, data dictionaries, and data integrity.
- • SSIS packages are created to transform and load data from the Mainframe system to SQL Server.
- • For Loop container, For Each Loop container, Execute SQL Task and Data Flow Tasks were used extensively as part of ETL packages.
- • Error handling, SMTP emails, package scheduling is done as part of SSIS tasks.
- • Fine-tuned the logic in Procedures, Functions and Triggers for optimum performance.
- • Extensively used SSIS to move data from text files to SQL Server.
- • Views using T-SQL in the Development and Production environment for SQL Server 2008.
- • Created SSIS packages for new projects utilizing Business Intelligence Development.
- • Writing complex Stored Procedures to meet the business requirements.
- • Using SQL Profiler to estimate the Slow Running queries and performance tuning purpose.
- • Applied various data transformations like Slowly Changing Dimension, Aggregate, Sort, Multicasting, Conditional Split, Derived column etc.
- • Created data sources, connection strings and defined the datasets for generating the report.
- • Worked on all types of report types like tables, charts, sub reports etc.
- • Created Linked reports, Ad-hoc reports and etc. based on the requirement. Linked reports are created in the Report Server to reduce the repetition the reports
- • Developed, monitored and deployed SSIS packages.
- • Implemented Change Data Capture (CDC) on dynamic tables to capture DDL changes.
- • Created logging for ETL load at package level and task level to log number of records processed by each package and each task in a package using SSIS.
- • Responsible for Scheduling Jobs, Alerting and Maintaining SSIS packages through Active Batch Job Scheduler
- • Created subscriptions to provide a daily basis report. Used Reporting Services (SSRS) to schedule reports to be generated on predetermined time
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012/2014, Excel, TSQL, Microsoft Visual Studio 2008, SQL Reporting Services, SQL integration services, SharePoint, Import Export Wizard.
Confidential, West Chester, PA
- Created new data controls with store procedures, table partitions, views, constraints, indexes.
- Created and managed schema objects such as tables, views, indexes, store procedures, triggers and maintaining Referential Integrity.
- Created table partitions to improve database performance on some critical data tables.
- Created SSIS packages to transform data from daily feed file systems to staging database server and then to development database.
- Implemented business rules depending on the financial plan that involves running rules engines, commission calculations.
- Implemented Event Handlers and Error Handling in SSIS packages and notified process results to various user communities.
- Created checkpoints, configuration files in SSIS packages and Deployed SSIS packages with minimal changes using XML configuration file.
- Extensively used Derived Column, Lookup, Conditional Split, Merge Join, Sort, execute SQL Task as part of SSIS packages to load data from one system to another.
- Designed and build the OLAP cubes using Star schema and Snow Flake Schema using native OLAP Service Manager.
- Developed SSRS 2012 reports for SOX compliance, audit, operational controls on data marts and transactional data
- Helped in developing Tableau reports as part of the compliance project requirement.
- Designed and created Report templates, bar graphs, pie charts based on the financial data.
- Actively involved in change management process to deploy database objects to QA/UAT/Production servers.
- Troubleshooting, on call production support once every two weeks.
- Maintained the physical database by monitoring and optimizing performance, data integrity and SQL queries for maximum efficiency using SQL Profiler.
- Created and maintained daily SQL jobs to monitor the health of SSIS packages.
Environment: SQL Server 2012, Windows Server 2008, Query Analyzer, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, SQL profiler, Performance Monitor, Query Optimizer, T-SQL, Agile, XML, MS Visual Studio, Tableau, Team Foundation Server (TFS).
Confidential, Wilmington, DE
- Extensively involved in gathering business requirements that will facilitate the planning and the implementation phase of OLTP database.
- Designed and implemented comprehensive Backup plan and disaster recovery strategies
- Managed SQL Servers in 32/64bit Clustered environments. Implemented Database Mirroring on SQL Server 2008 environments.
- Designed ETL packages dealing with different data sources (SQL Server, Flat Files, Web Services) and loaded the data into target data sources by performing different kinds of transformations using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Troubleshoot database performance issues and tune database objects. Set up traces and Profiler to troubleshoot performance.
- To set up SQL Server configuration settings to resolve various resource allocation & memory issues for SQL Server databases and to setup ideal memory, min/max server options.
- Created complex stored procedures with parameters and generated multi parameterized SSRS reports from them, where the user has a choice to select the parameters.
- Created and optimized database objects such as views, functions and stored procedures as per requirement.
- Performed optimization of TSQL stored procedures by analyzing execution plans, creating proper indexes and employing SQL profiler and Database engine tuning advisor in OLTP environment.
- Maintained existing Power BI reports and dashboards and made changes onto the same as per new and changing business requirements.
- Filtered bad data from legacy system using T - SQL and implemented constraints and triggers into new system for data consistency.
- Designed and developed the ETL data flow to populate the CER Cube Analysis Database using the SSIS packages (SQL Server Integration Services). Scheduled and automated the packages to populate the data in the cube daily up to date for business reporting.
- Identified the field/column level data quality issues of the source systems to drive the data quality, data cleansing and error checking in the SSIS packages. Identify and document the source to target packages.
- Created SQL server configurations for SSIS packages and XML & Windows event logs.
- Design and document the error-handling strategy in the ETL load process using Event handlers.
- Used Notification services to generate error messages and send them to the user through e-mails.
Environment: SQL Server 2014/2012/2008 R2, T- SQL, Microsoft Access, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio, Star Team Version Control tool, TFS, Tableau 8.1., MS Azure, C#, .NET, Erwin 8.0/MS Visio 2010.