- MS SQL Server Developer with 7+ years of strong experience in various domains like Financial, Retail and insurance with expertise in MS SQL Server 2014/2012/2008 R2/2008/2005 and SSIS, SSRS, SSAS and Tableau.
- Worked on the entire software development life cycle (SDLC) including analysis, design, programming, testing and documentation.
- Proficient in installing, configuring, managing, monitoring and troubleshooting MS SQL Server 2014/2 R2/2005.
- Developed Logical and physical data model using ERWIN, ER Studio and mapped the data into database objects.
- Generated sub reports, cross - tab, conditional, drill down reports, drill through reports and parameterized reports using SSRS 2012
- Developed Complex, Interactive/Dynamic Dashboards with SSRS, Tableau and other BI tools
- Introduced best practices for Data Services and Crystal Reports development.
- Expert Crystal Reports, stored procedures and Share point on SQL Server database
- Strong MS SQL Server 2014/2008/2008 R2/2005 Developer Skills including writing Stored Procedures, User Defined Functions, Views, Query writing.
- In-depth knowledge of T-SQL, SQL (DDL, DML, and DCL).
- Extensive experience in Migration of data from DB2, Oracle, and Sybase to MS SQL Server.
- Strong in ETL, Data warehousing, Operations Data Store concepts, data marts, OLAP and OLTP technologies.
- Expertise in Merging data from various Heterogeneous Data sources, Populating Dimension and Fact tables in Data warehouses and Data Marts, Cleaning and Standardizing data loaded into OLTP and OLAP databases using SSIS.
- Designed and built SQL dash board for reporting to allow ad hoc reports for management and Intelligence.
- Developed reports & Dash board by using excel services and business Intelligence.
- Expert in Creating, Configuring and Fine-tuning ETL workflows designed in DTS and MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Extensive experience in Enterprise Data Management (MDM, BI/ETL) as a developer, business Intelligence.
- Experience in developing applications using C#. Net, VB.Net. / Share point technologies.
- Designed front-end in VB.Net 2008 for crystal report for live core banking project.
- Experienced in migration of data from Excel, Flat file, Oracle to Microsoft SQL Server.
- Strong experience in providing Logging, Error handling by using Event Handler, and Custom Logging for SSIS Packages.
- Mastery in extracting and transforming transactional information using DTS Import/Export wizard, BCP (Bulk Copy Program) DTS (Data Transformation Services) and SSIS Packages from SQL Server.
- Expertise in developing and modifying multi-dimensional cubes using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Good understanding in Database Backup, Recovery and highly experienced in investigating and applying necessary MS SQL Server database Service packs, hot fixes and Security Patches.
- Proficiency in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, Client/Server Connectivity, Database consistency checks using DBCC Utilities.
- Performed Data Scrubbing, Data Staging and Data Validation in preparation of pushing data to production environment.
- Worked on Agile Project Management working environment
- Extensive knowledge on Relational Database Management Systems
- Provide 24x7 production support for SQL Server database and involve in an on call rotation.
- Strong time Management skills and excellent team player.
MS SQL Server 2014/2012/2008 R2/2008, Tableau 10.0, Visual studio 2013/2010/2008 (SSAS/SSIS/SSRS), Microsoft Access 2007/2003, Microsoft Excel (Pivot Table and Chart), OLAP and OLTP, Outlook, MS SQL Profiler, SQL Server Azure, SQL server Query Analyzer, Index Tuning Wizard, C#. Net, VB.Net. / Share point, Crystal Reports 8/ 9/10, ADO.NET, Erwin8/7.3/3.5,Windows 2007/2005 Advanced Server/Professional, Window XP, MS Access, My SQL
MS SQL BI Developer
Confidential - Rockville, MD
- Wrote Advanced SQL queries, created dynamic Stored Procedures by using input values.
- Optimized code performance by analyzing indexes, joins and views.
- Created/Updated Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, Cursor, Views, and Indexes with extensive use of T-SQL.
- Created, documented, and implemented unit test plans, scripts, and test cases.
- Created SSIS packages to migrate data from different data sources to data warehouse.
- Successfully extracted transformed and load data into data warehouse.
- Created packages by testing and cleaning the Standardized Data by using tools in Data Flow Transformations (Data Conversion, Export Column, Merge join, Sort, Union all, Conditional Split and more) for existing/new packages and huge CSV file import from different data sources and other ongoing tasks for mapping.
- Extensively designed the packages and data mapping using Control flow task, Sequence container task, Dataflow Task, Execute SQL Task, Data conversion task, Derived Column task and Script Task in SSIS Designer.
- Scheduled SSIS packages for running monthly and weekly feeds from various guarantors and multiple servers and resources.
- Involved in enhancing and deploying the SSIS Packages from development server to production server.
- Responsible for the Performance tuning of the SQL Commands with the use of the SQL Profiler and Database Engine Tuning Advisor
- Installed and Configured SQL Server Active/Active and Active/Passive clusters. Monitored Scheduled jobs and alerts.
- Designed and developed ETL solutions for transformation of data from source transactional systems or other data feeds, into a dimensional database, or other destinations
- Created, Scheduled, Generated and optimized ETL jobs
- Created and maintained technical documentation using defined technical documentation templates.
- Contributed to the creation of solid coding techniques and recommended and reviewed coding standards. Evaluated database performance and performed maintenance duties such as Tuning, Backup, Restoration and Disaster Recovery for the data.
- Wrote documentation, data warehouse artifacts and data lineage for ETL tools.
MS SQL Server Developer/SSIS/SSRS
- Created stored procedures, functions, views and other database objects.
- Performed performance tuning of SQL queries and stored procedures using SQL Profiler and Index Tuning Wizard.
- Worked with business users and stakeholders to gather or refine requirements.
- Deployed database objects from development/testing environment to production environment.
- Supported end users to resolve issues and assisted users on existing database applications.
- Successfully created schema change scripts to existing objects to synchronize with changing business rules.
- Wrote complex stored procedures to process prospective customer information and balanced the processing load between frontend and backend.
- Involved with full development cycle of a Data Warehouse, including requirements gathering, design, implementation, and maintenance.
- Developed Complex SSIS Packages to load data into Staging, ODS, and Data Warehouse systems.
- Developed SSIS packages using Lookup Transformations, Merge Joins, Fuzzy Look Ups, and Derived Columns with Multiple Data Flow tasks.
- Developed SSIS package to load data into dimensions and fact tables using slowly changing dimension.
- Worked with Type 1 and 2 dimensions, Fact Tables, Star Schema design, Operational Data Store (ODS), leveling and other Data Warehouse concepts.
- Used SSIS to create ETL packages to Validate, Extract, Transform and Load data to Data Warehouse and Data Mart Databases. Involved in Extracting, Transforming and Loading (ETL) data from Excel, Flat file to MS SQL Server by using SSIS services.
- Developed periodic SSRS reports in BIDS used to generate daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports.
- Created Ad-Hoc Reports, Summary Reports, Sub Reports, and Drill-down Reports using Cross-checked the SQL Server is online and that still have connectivity with the front end applications and functionality, making sure a 24/7 availability. Collaborated with multiple application owners addressing various issues.
- Routinely checked the SQL server error logs for failed or aborted overnight jobs.
- Monitored growth of database objects for capacity planning.
- Supported multiple high availability technology SQL server 2008R2 clustering (active - active), Log shipping Mirroring between multiple locations on both development and Production environment size over 1TB.
- Reorganized\rebuild Indexes to meet standards index fragmentation level to keep below 30% so as to improve Query Performance.
Environment: SQL Server 2005/2008/ R2/2012, BIDS, Visual Studio 2010/2008, T-SQL, MS Access, MS- Excel, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Report Builder 2.0/3.0
SQL Server T-SQL Developer /SSRS/DBA
- Extensively used SQL server reporting services to generate reports on a weekly basis for a particular sales type in given period.
- Involved in scheduling reports to run weekly, quarterly, monthly based on the data to be reviewed by the manager.
- Generated Sub-Reports, Cross-tab, Conditional, Drill down reports, Drill through reports and Parameterized reports using SSRS 2008R2.
- Created reports using Global Variables, Expressions and Functions using SSRS 2008R2.
- Developed reports using SSRS that could be used to send information to different Primary Vendors, Clients, and managers.
- Used complex query statements like sub queries, correlated queries, derived tables, CASE functions to insert the data depending on the criteria into the tables of hub.
- Wrote T-SQL queries, created dynamic Stored Procedures by using input values.
- Extensively used BCP and BULK INSERT to import and export data from flat files, Excel and MS Access to MS SQL Server databases.
- Applied monthly patches and hot fixes.
- Created Alerts for successful and unsuccessful completion of Scheduled Jobs.
- Performed T-SQL tuning and optimization of queries for reports that take longer execution time using MS SQL Profiler, Index Tuning Wizard and SQL Query Analyzer in MS SQL Server 2008R2.
- Designed and implemented Stored Procedures and Triggers for automating tasks.
- Maintained the table performance by following the tuning tips like Normalization, Creating Indexes etc.
- Design and create dash board reports which illustrate the data in tabular format and well formatted charts.
- Created different types of reports and Dash-board reports by using Crystal Reports.
- Automating the Dash Board process to retrieve information on failed jobs on all the servers.
- Evaluated database performance and performed maintenance duties such as Tuning, Backup, Restoration and Disaster Recovery.
- Ensured best practices are applied and integrity of data is maintained through security and documentation.
- Generated Error and Performance reports on SSIS Packages, Jobs, Stored procedures and Triggers.
- Responsible for query optimization using MS SQL tools such as Query Analyzer, SQL Profiler, index tuning wizard.
Tools & Technologies: MS SQL server 2008R2, SSRS, SQL Profiler and T-SQL, Windows 2003 server and Visual Studio 2010, Microsoft Office, Dash Board by Crystal report, Index Tuning Wizard, Query Analyzer, SQL profiler.