- A DevOps Engineer with 6+ years of experience in Control, Build and Release management, Change management, Cloud Integration and Deployment. Well versed with deadline pressures, superior analytical, time - management, collaboration, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in Linux System Administration, Build Engineering & Release Management process, including end-to- end code configuration, building binaries & deployments and Urban Code entire life cycle model in Enterprise Applications.
- In-depth knowledge of DevOps management methodologies and production deployment Configurations.
- Skilled at Software Development Life Cycles and Agile Programming Methodologies.
- Experience with Jenkins as Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment Tool and strong expertise with Ant and Maven Build Frameworks.
- Testing and Developing Azure Automation Runbooks and RSpec.
- Experience with SaaS (Software as a Service), PaaS (Platform as a Service), Circle CI and IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) solutions.
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plug-in and managing Maven repositories.
- Involved in ARTIFACTORY Repository Managers for MAVEN and ANT.
- Configuration Management using Azure PowerShell, Terraform, Azure CLI, and ARM Templates .
- Extensive experience with AWS (Storage, Application Services, Deployment and Management) and managed servers on AWS platform instances using Ansible, Chef Configuration management.
- Hands on experience in AWS provisioning and good knowledge of AWS services like EC2, S3, Glacier, ELB, RDS, Redshift, IAM, Route 53, VPC, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, Security Groups.
- Strong Experience in implementing Data warehouse solutions in Amazon Redshift, Oracle and SQL Server. Expertise in Cloud Migration projects (Oracle to RDS/Redshift) using AWS DMS/SCT and Ora2g.
- Skilled in monitoring servers using Nagios, Datadog, Groovy, Cloud watch and using ELK Stack, Elastic Search.
- Created tagging standards for proper identification and ownership of EC2 instances and other AWS resources.
- Experienced on implementing real-time analytics, documentation collaboration and binary streaming using AWS Socket.IO.
- Experience in managing infrastructure resources in cloud architecture with close coordination with various functional teams.
- Experienced with wide range of software development environments, including Java, J2EE, Spring Cloud, Spring boot micro services, SOA, Web Services - (SOAP/REST), RDBMS, NoSQL, E-Commerce, Mobile, Cloud Foundry and Spring Boot Microservices.
- Experience with Version Control Systems like GIT, SVN (Subversion).
- Experience create, bind the user defined and built in services in Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF).
- Proficient in setting up and configuring Baselines, Branching, Merging, and Backup through Subversion(SVN) and GIT.
- Monitor, build and deploy software releases and provide support for production deployments.
- Configured JENKINS Monitor, OCI, List and Build views to displays the status and progress of selected jobs with build version information.
- Automated application deployment in the cloud using Makefiles, RPM and Docker technology using Elastic Container Service scheduler.
- Created and managed a Docker deployment pipeline for custom application images in the cloud using Jenkins.
- Experience in working with automation tools like CHEF,ANSIBLE and UDeploy.
- Used Ansible as configuration management tool and has written several playbooks for server provisioning, configuration management, software installation and deployment activities.
- Used Ansible for configuring and managing multi-node configuration management over SSH and PowerShell.
- Deployed and configured Chef Server including bootstrapping of chef-client nodes for provisioning.
- Created roles, recipes, cookbooks and data bags for server configuration.
- Expertise in querying RDBMS and Redshift DB Urban Code such as Oracle, Groovy, MYSQL and SQL Server by using PL/SQL for data integrity.
- Involved in the functional usage and deployment of applications in Apache Tomcat and Web Logic Server.
- Configured and Deployed application packages on to the Apache Tomcat server. Coordinated with software development teams and QA teams.
- Worked with IAM service creating new IAM users & groups, defining roles and policies and Identity providers.
- Focused on containerization and immutable infrastructure. Docker has been core to this experience, along with Kubernetes for container management.
- Experience of working with the release and deployment of large-scale Java/J2EE Web applications and Spring boot.
- Experience in building & deploying Java/SOA, OCI applications and troubleshooting any build & deploy failures.
- Ability in development and execution of XML, Ruby, Shell Scripts, Power shell.
- Worked with different Bug tracking tools like JIRA, RHEL, Azure, Remedy and Bugzilla.
- Used Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance, scale and manage docker containers with multiple namespaced versions.
- Ability to quickly understand, learn and implement the new system design, data models in a professional work environment.
Cloud/Virtualization Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Pivotal Cloud Foundry
Version Control Tools: SVN, GIT.
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN.
Databases: MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, Postgre SQL, SQL Server, No SQL.
CI Tools: Jenkins.
Config Management Tools: Chef, Ansible,UDeploy
Bug/Issue Tracking: JIRA, ServiceNow.
Web/ Application Servers: Apache Tomcat, Web logic
Operating Systems: Windows Family, RHEL, Ubuntu, CentOS
Scripting/Programing Languages: shell,Ruby, Python, C, SQL, Java Script.
Other Tools: Putty, Nagios.
Confidential, Miami, FL
- Use agile methodology throughout the project. Involved in weekly and daily bases release management.
- Working with a strong team of architectures, backend developers to gather function and non-functional requirements.
- Involved in creating highly available and scalable infrastructure in AWS cloud, by using various AWS, Azure services like EC2, VPC, Auto scaling, ELB, TCP, RDS, RHEL, OpenStack, RSpec and Route53.
- Installation of different Openshift environments in VMware vCloud using Ansible playbooks, troubleshooting during the installation, configuration of DNS services, LDAP services.
- Install, Upgrade and Maintain Openshift Platform
- Troubleshooting Openshift EFK stack for central logging.
- Set-up Windows Azure Active Directory for directory synchronization.
- Manage Azure subscriptions, secrets
- Micro services development in Cloud foundry environment.
- Deploy and monitor scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services (AWS) & configuration management.
- Optimized the EC2 instances run time using Lambda , EMR, Urban Code, RHEL, OCI functions and CloudWatch events.
- Schedule using multiple programs daily. I Care, EMR, and GPMS.
- Used Socket.IO for debugging, In order to see all the debug output, run your app with the environment variable DEBUG including the desired scope.
- Configured events in Socket.IO such as Connect, Message and Disconnect for sending and receiving events and installation using Node servers.
- Used Terraform for server provisioning.
- Hands on experience on Terraform a tool for building, changing, and versioning infrastructure safely and efficiently. Worked with Terraform key features such as Infrastructure as code, Execution plans, Resource Graphs, Change Automation.
- Involved in performing application deployment to AWS Elastic Bean Stack environment.
- Experienced in Socket.IO Event Handling based on the events that are reserved and can be accessed using socket object on the server Connect, Message, Disconnect, Reconnect, Ping, Join and Leave.
- To serve the Client Library at Socket.IO implemented Client Side socket object which provides us with events like Connect, Connect error, Connect timeout and Reconnect.
- Configured & deployed Java applications on Amazon Web Services (AWS) for a multitude of applications utilizing the AWS stack, cloud formation.
- Writing services in Spring Boot and running and deploying them in cloud foundry.
- Developed software applications using Microservices as a deployable, small, modular services in which each service runs a unique process and communicates through a well-defined mechanism to complete a Business Goal.
- Used the command line interface to manage apps, services in Pivotal Cloud Foundry as well as Apps manager.
- Create, bind the user defined and built in services in Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF).
- Build, Test and deploy applications by using pivotal cloud foundry.
- Worked on building and deploying Java code through Jenkins
- Built & Deployed Java/J2EE, Glue, . NET, Power Shell, Circle CI, SONAR Power BI, RHEL6, Spring boot, Node JS Groovy and Make files to web application server in agile continuous integration environment and automated Labelling activities in TFS once deployment is done.
- Used ANT and Python and PowerShell scripts to automate the Build and deployment process. Used maven for few modules.
- Wrote PowerShell scripts for automating time consuming or error-prone tasks
- Working knowledge of several types of configuration management tools like Chef, Ansible.
- Involved in phases of testing for example Integration testing, Smoke testing Performance testing and Load testing. We are also using inbuilt test cases in Jenkins and running those tests on master branch.
- Developed build & deployment scripts using MAVEN. Automated the process using Make files, RPM, PaaS plugins available Jenkins and move from one environment to other throughout the build pipeline.
- We are driving towards continuous integration and continuous delivery using Jenkins and Ansible for docker image building and deployment.
- Configuring ‘nginx’ for proxy RESTful API, OCI and GCP, PaaS calls to micro-services in Docker containers.
- Worked on Kubernetes to manage containerized applications using its nodes, Config Maps, selector services and deployed application containers as Pods.
- Implemented istio in Kubernetes for networking.
- Setup up and maintenance of automated environment using Chef recipes& cookbooks within AWS environment.
- Worked on Installation and Configuration of Chef Server and Chef-client (Nodes)
- Deployed and maintained infrastructure using Chef cookbooks and recipes.
- Project deployments of Cisco Router ISR G1 and G2, Cisco Call Manager 11, Unity Connection 11, Cisco Unified Presence 11
- Produced scripts for viable combination of JIRA applications with different tools.
- Customized both JIRA and Confluence to integrate into the pre-existing systems with an eye towards making the programs extensions of their systems, and not hindrances to their systems.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant and Maven to schedule the builds.
- Experience in using SQL, PL/SQL, RPM, Devops and Redshift DB, SaaS,Cosmos DB, stored procedures, indexes, materialized views, shell scripting, partitioned and non-portioned tables, packages and triggers for improved performance of the database.
- Deployment and management of many servers via script and chef, utilizing cloud providers as a direct substrate for implementation.
- Deploying and managing many servers utilizing both traditional and cloud oriented providers (AWS) with the Chef platform configuration system.
- Used ANT, Groovy and Python scripts to automate the Build and deployment process. Used maven for few modules.
- Create, manage, and delete users and groups as per the request using Amazon Identity and Access Management.
- Monitoring each service deployment, Urban Code and validating the services across all environments.
- Active participant in scrum meetings, reporting the progress and maintain effective communication with each team member and manager.
Environment: Git, Jenkins, Maven, nginx, Ansible, AWS, VPC, Shell scripting, Apache Tomcat, chef and python.
Confidential, Salt Lake, UT
- Creating fully automated CI build and deployment infrastructure and processes for multiple projects.
- Developing scripts for build, deployment, maintenance and related tasks using Jenkins, TFS, Docker, Maven, Python and Bash.
- Responsible for writing python scripts to scrape web data for data usage/collection using
- Beautiful SOUP, Scrapy, Selenium.
- Experience of writing & managing Chef, Groovy Scripts& using Linux automated deployments using Chef.
- Built and managed a large deployment of Ubuntu Linux instances systems with Chef Automation. Wrote recipes, tools, shell scripts and monitoring checks.
- Used Chef to manage Web Applications, Vert.x, Hibernate, Config Files, Database, Commands, JAXB, Apache Commons, Users, Mount Points, and Packages.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub and AWS AMI’s.
- Have experience of working with Docker- docker hub, pulling images from docker hub, running containers based on an image, creating Dockerfile to manage customized containers, exposing a container with port redirect, container volume management, docker inspect, docker commit to capture the file changes/settings into a new image and pushing the image to docker hub.
- Worked on Microservices at Pivot Labs to target applications that require feature iteration and extreme scalability to build focus on Deploying or Delivery.
- Automated AWS components like EC2 instances, Security groups, ELB, RDS, RSpec, Groovy, IAM through AWS Cloud information templates.
- Used Ruby Rspec framework and wrote test cases for regression and to resolve refactoring problems.
- Experience developing applications with Ruby on Rails MVC framework
- POC on Implementing AWS Kinesis and Azure based consumers in Lambda and pipeline data to a data lake while allowing real time analytics using DynamoDB and ordering based on the location of mobile users and ordering trends
- Experience in designing and deploying AWS Solutions using EC2, OCI, Java, . NET, S3, and EBS, Perl, Elastic Load balancer (ELB), auto-scaling groups, PowerShell and OpsWorks.
- Project deployments of Cisco Router ISR G1 and G2, Cisco Call Manager 10.5, Unity Connection 10.5, Cisco Emergency Responder 10.5
- Configured PRI trunks and tie-lines on Cisco 3845 and 3925/3945 voice gateways.
- Experience in creating alarms and notifications for EC2 instances using Cloud Watch and Microsoft Azure.
- Build out VSTS Infrastructure using Azure Runbooks, Azure data lake, Azure data factory, RPM and Devops. power
- Creating Lambda function to automate snapshot back up on AWS and set up the scheduled backup.
- Worked on creating the Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle.
- Developed microservices on boarding tools leveraging Python and VSTS allowing for easy creation and maintenance of build jobs and Kubernetes deploy and services.
- Managed Kubernetes charts using Helm. Created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, templatize Kubernetes manifests, and provide a set of configuration parameters to customize the deployment and Managed releases of Helm packages.
- Experience with Elastic Search, Logstash &Kibana stacks and JVM based languages.
- Experience with Nagios/Observium/NewRelic monitoring and alerting services for servers, switches, applications and services.
- Worked closely with developers and managers to resolve the issues that were risen during the deployments in different environments.
Environment: AWS EC2, S3, Cloud Formation, Dynamo DB, Kinesis, VPC, IAM, Tomcat Apache, Micro-Services, Cloud Watch, New Relic, Git, Linux, ELK Stack, Jenkins, Maven, Ansible, JVM etc.
Confidential, St Louis, MO
- Implementing new projects builds framework using Jenkins & maven as build framework tools.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, CHEF, Maven, TFS in Linux environment.
- Written wrapper scripts to automate deployment of cookbooks on nodes and running the chef client on them in a Chef-Solo environment.
- Converting production support scripts to chef recipes.
- Testing of cookbooks with chef-spec. using web applications as Apache commons, Vert.x and Java.
- Setting up client server model of Chef in development environment of OCI.
- Worked on documentation - Chef basics, Initial setup of Chef, Databags implementation, Coding standards, Cookbook document, Testing docs
- AWS server provisioning using Chef Recipes.
- Using Microsoft Azure, Cloud Trail, PCF, Cloud Passage, Qualys Scan tools for AWS security and scanning.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using CloudWatch.
- Defining Release Process & Policy for projects early in SDLC.
- Integration of Maven, Jenkins, Urban Code Deploy with Patterns/Release, Git, and Cloud Foundry.
- Installed the Ear, War files using XL deploy & XL release and Integrated Jenkins with XL deploy & XL release.
- Provided on-going support and administration for SVN, ClearCase, ClearQuest, OCI, JVM languages and ANT build automation and Involved in the migration of code from SVN to GIT.
- Developed vRA deployment blueprints, designed and developed VMWare Orchestrator Custom Workflows with the focus on vRA extensibility and REST API third-party integration to other systems of record and demand for services.
- Performance tuning, Monitoring, Capacity planning and Alerting system implementation with VMWare vRealize Operations Manager and its integration with VMWare vRealize, Automation Center, vRealize Log Insight, Splunk, IBM Tivoli.
- Performed regular software release build and deployment based on defined process and procedure, including J2EE, UNIX Scripts, Oracle PL/SQL build and deployment.
- Managed a cloud platform base on the Lambda architecture including Kafka, RSpec, RPM, Makefile, Spark, and Cassandra.
- Involved in scrum ceremonies (stand-up, grooming, planning, demo/review and retrospective) with the teams to ensure successful project forecasting and realistic commitments.
- Involved in scrum meetings, product backlog and other scrum activities and artifacts in collaboration with the team.
- Implemented and maintained Salesforce.com including custom objects, fields, reports, dashboards, and templates.
- Used Salesforce Connect to access product information stored on an external system.
- Experience with SSRS (tabular reports, parameterized reports, drilldown, drill through, sub reports, charts etc.)
- Experience in transforming unstructured data from various data sources using SSIS like Conditional Split, Azure, Lookup, Merge Join and Sort.
- Migrating the data to respective DEV and QA Oracle database before doing code roll-out.
- Utilized SQL Developer and Toad for PL/SQL, Hibernate, Perl, database updates, and row/column data tracking during testing.
- Created Security Groups, configuring Inbound/Outbound rules, creating and importing Key Pairs.
- Used Elastic Load balancers and Auto scaling groups to handle the traffic at peak times.
- Generated Perl & UNIX scripts for build activities in QA, Staging and Production environments.
- Used tracking tool JIRA, Perl, Go and triaged the issues and maintained bugs using JIRA tool.
- Manage the integration of new software projects and products into the build environment.
- Work with product development to resolve build-related issues in all projects.
- Strictly enforced ITIL process while pushing builds and deployments to prod and pre-prod environments.
- Used to write an install script in Ruby using all the extra helper functions from Chef.
- Developing a Ruby on Rails app that is used by technicians to discover hardware problems on remote systems and guide them through steps to correct those problems.
- Configured the user's accounts for Continuous Integration - Jenkins, Java, TFS, Nexus and Sonar.
- Gathered all the stakeholder approvals, necessary signoffs while acting as a release manager for two development teams.
Environment: Solaris, Linux,TFS, Eclipse, Java, SQL, SSIS/SSRS AWS,Python, Subversion, Bash, Hudson, Apache Kafka, Cloud Foundry, Java/J2EE, ANT, XL deploy and release, Bamboo, Chef, Puppet, ClearCase, JIRA, XML, Jenkins.
Confidential, New York City, NY
- Involved in identifying build errors in the system and identify the build issue and escalate it to the concerned team after careful analysis. Work and coordinate with them to get the fix in the release.
- Worked on Continuous Integration System i.e. Jenkins. Used Jenkins for official nightly build, test and managing change list. Installed Multiple Plugins for smooth build and release build pipelines.
- Rapid deployment method using Ansible to auto deploy servers as needed.
- Used Ansible to run ad-hoc commands and playbooks to automate tasks and written playbooks.
- Protected encrypted data needed for tasks with Ansible Vault.
- Experience with Ansible Tower to more easily manage enterprise Ansible deployments
- Worked with Ansible in conjunction with Vagrant in a DevOps environment.
- Proficient with Jenkins and Bamboo for continuous integration and for End-to-End automation for application build and deployments.
- Developed the build CI/CD pipeline script using different programming languages like Shell and Python and secure them with Apache Kafka, Apache Nifi and Agile methodologies.
- Used Python to write data into JSON files for testing Django Websites
- Implemented VPC peering connection to access the entire CIDR block of the peer VPC without any restriction.
- Implemented AWS client API to interact with different services as Console configuration for AWS EC2.
- Used AWS Lambda to manage the servers and run the code in the AWS.
- Experience in Administration/Maintenance of Source control management systems such as Subversion, Git / GitHub / Gerrit, ClearCase.
- Designed, created and maintained a complete build-release environment for C, C++, JVM Languages, Perl, Go, Java, Apache Commons, compilers.
- Involved in migrating from SVN to GIT. Connected continuous integration system with GIT version control repository and continually build as the check-inn's come from the developer.
- Created multiple Make, ANT, MAVEN, Shell scripts for build automation and deployment.
- Wrote batch scripts for compiling csproj files and creating Solution files and WSP files for deploying ASP.NET and Share point application.
- Maintained build management by modifying Nant and MS Build for all .Net applications to include new components and changes.
- Deployed .NET applications on IIS 7.5 and IIS 8.0 server.
- Deployed Asp.net(MVC) and Java applications to application servers in agile continuous integration environment and automated the whole process.
- Manage 30+ Salesforce Organizations.
- Analyze and resolve conflicts related to merging of source code for GIT.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion/GIT support for different projects.
- Extensive experience in using Version control systems includes Subversion (SVN), GIT, and ClearCase.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and Apache MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Expertise in troubleshooting techniques of JVM, Go and Perl using Thread, heap dumps and analysis using eclipse MAT.
- Build and maintain SQL scripts and execute different scripts for different environments.
- Responsible for Change Management activities, to include new business planning, leading regular change control meetings, prevention and detection of unauthorized migration to production environments.
- Used XL Release Orchestration tools for continuous integration and management of several tasks in deployment process.
- Performed workload analysis on prod system based on APM/RUM, RPM tools and come up with workload to be simulated in pre-production environment.
- Configured and maintained Hudson to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant and Maven to schedule the builds.
- Led design and implementation of Monitoring and Alerting for Cloud with vCenter Operations (vCOPs) as "single pane of glass" solution for FlexPod. Installed vCOPS adapters to monitor NetApp storage, Cisco Nexus 5000 switches.
Environment: DevOps, SVN, Maven, Ant, Jenkins, Hudson, SQL, Chef, vCenter Operations (vCOPs), Apache Tomcat, shell, Kafka, Cloud Foundry, Puppet, JIRA, Microsoft .NET, ASP.NET, Windows, Python, Linux, Unix, Git, ClearCase.
- Worked as a Systems Administrator on Red Hat 3/4, CentOS ¾ and Ubuntu (6.06, 7.04) servers.
- Worked on Applying patches, installed monitoring tools, and upgraded BIOS on HPC Clusters.
- Scheduled users to perform High Performance Computing activities on the Linux cluster.
- Created users and groups and assigned them appropriate quotas and ACLs as per company requirement.
- Experience managing and tuning MySQL and writing SQL scripts.
- Identified and solved any issues or errors.
- Installed and configured Nagios monitoring tool to manage infrastructure.
- Applied patches and supported Linux Servers with Oracle Database servers.
- Worked on Kernel tuning and Kernel patching.
- Monitored System Performance, Tuned and optimized systems for better performance.
- Managed Disk using LVM, JVM Languages resized disk space when required. Managed disk space from NetApp filers
- Setup NTP server and synchronized clients with NTP server.
- Troubleshoot application problems by diagnosing issues.
- Provided 24/7-support coverage, pager support and weekend support.
Environment: RHEL (3.x & 4.x), Centos (3.x, 4.x), Ubuntu (6.06, 7.04), Netapp, NTP, Nagios, MySQL, SQL, HPC.