- Over 5 years of working experience as a Data Analyst/Business Intelligence (BI) with high proficiency in requirement gathering and data validation and support of various applications in OLTP, Data Warehousing, OLAP and ETL Environment.
- Experience in Business Intelligence (BI) with a focus on Analytical tools for all kinds of Enterprise Reporting Solutions using SSRS.
- Proficient in designing the Design Documents for loading data into Data Warehouse and Data Mart tables.
- Expertise in writing SQL Queries, Dynamic - queries, sub-queries and complex joins for generating Complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, User-defined Functions, Views and Cursors.
- Extensive experience in implementing ETL methodologies, Data Profiling, Data Migrations and Data Conversions.
- Skilled in visualizing, manipulating and analyzing large datasets and also has ability of designing and developing effective reports.
- Strong experience in Data Analysis, Data Migration, Data Cleansing, Transformation, Integration, Data Import, and Data Export through the use of multiple ETL tools such as SSIS.
- Proficient in requirement analysis and system design.
- Extensive experience in creating data scope and requirements. Strong expertise in understanding various data sources.
- Experience working with data analysis tools for data lineage, metadata, and data profiling.
- Extensive experience in the development of Reports using SQL Server 2008 R2/2012 Reporting Services (SSRS) and Microsoft Access and developed Custom Report and different types of Tabular Reports, Matrix Reports, drilldown reports. Proficient in Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) process using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Strong experience in automation of SSIS packages by scheduling jobs, creating and monitoring alerts
- Experienced in debugging and troubleshooting SSIS packages using breakpoints, checkpoints, error handlers, event handlers, etc.
- Good knowledge of Data Marts, Operational Data Store (ODS), OLAP, Dimensional Data Modeling, Star Schema Modeling and Snow-Flake Modeling.
- Expert in monitoring SQL Server Performance, troubleshooting using SQL Profiler and Maintenance plan.
- Experience on Data Model design, Data Extraction, Transformations and Loading (ETL), Mappings & Workflows, Customized Analytics Reports.
- Experienced in writing Parameterized Queries for generating Tabular reports, Formatting report layout, Sub reports using Global Variables, Expressions, Functions, Sorting the data, defining data source and subtotals for the reports using SSRS 2008 R2/2012.
- Involved in configuring and using master data services to maintain data integrity in data warehouse.
- Knowledge in query optimization & performance tuning, Using SQL Server Profiler, Execution Plan, Performance Monitor.
- Experience with all phases of software development life cycle (SDLC) and project methodologies.
- Experience in OLTP/OLAP system study, Analysis and modeling, developing data warehouse schemas like Star and Snowflake Schema used in dimensional and multi-dimensional modeling.
- Good team player, strong analytical, written, communicational and interpersonal skills
- Have proven track record working with various environments and a valuable ability to quickly pick up new technologies and become an asset to the company in a minimal amount of time.
RDBMS: SQL Server 2008 R2/2012/2014, Oracle, MS Access, MySql, Teradata, Excel
SQL Server/MSBI Tools: SQL Server Management Studio, DTS, SSIS, SSRS, Power View, Power Pivot, Profiler, BIDS
Languages: T-SQL, UNIX Shell scripts
Version Control Tools: MS Visual Source Safe (VSS), Microsoft team foundation server (TFS), GIT
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux/UNIX
Other Tools: Microsoft Visio, Toad, MS Office, SQL Plus, Tableau
Confidential, Wala Wala, WA
Data Analyst/MSBI Developer
- Met with business users, gathered business requirements and prepared the documentation for requirement analysis.
- Provided training to the business users on how to use new data warehouse, browsing cubes from Excel and assisted them in rewriting their existing queries to point to the new warehouse.
- Created centralized data warehouse and developed de-normalized structures based on the requirements and to improve the query performance for end users.
- Created ETL design specifications, performed unit testing, data validations, integration testing and UAT and deployed SSIS packages to development and test environments.
- Performed Data Analysis and Data Profiling and worked on data transformations and data quality rules.
- Extensively used both Star Schema and Snow flake schema methodologies in building and designing the logical data model.
- Involved in extensive data validation by writing several complex SQL queries and Involved in back-end testing and worked with data quality issues.
- Redefined many attributes and relationships in the reverse engineered model and cleansed unwanted tables/columns as part of Data Analysis responsibilities.
- Wrote SQL Queries to analyze and process large data set, and optimize/tune the execution overhead.
- Developed ETL and SQL scripts to enable weekly processing of 2-4 GB data sets into data warehouse.
- Optimized ETL and SQL performance to provide quickest response time possible
- Worked as Data Analyst analyzing complex data patterns, building relationship among Database tables and generating Reports.
- Testing ETL flows, data and Reports based on various technical and business requirements
- Did debugging using break points and data viewers and performance tuning of ETL data flows.
- Created various SSIS packages to populate the data from flat files, Excel and Access into ODS (SQL Server). Performed full loads for current data and incremental uploads for historical data (transaction-based data).
- Created and configured SSIS package configurations using sql server table and environment variables and loaded data from XML, Flat files and SQL Server incrementally.
- Designed and developed STAR schema and multidimensional (OLAP) objects. Created cubes and populated the data using SSIS 2014 packages.
- Developed various types of reports drill down, drill through, matrix and sub reports using SSRS 2014.
- Created multiple dashboards with calculations and KPIs using Tableau and deployed them in tableau server
- Used team foundation server for version controlling of all BI projects.
Environment: SQL Server 2014, SSIS, SSRS, MS Visio, MS Office 2013, Outlook, Windows Server 2012, Tableau, Windows 8.
Confidential, Orange, CA
Data Analyst/MSBI Developer
- Involved in Planning, Defining and Designing data base using Erwin on business requirement and provided documentation.
- Documented logical, physical, relational and dimensional data models. Designed the Data Marts in dimensional data modeling using star and snowflake schemas.
- Prepared documentation for all entities, attributes, data relationships, primary and foreign key structures, allowed values, codes, business rules, and glossary evolve and change during the project
- Worked on defining data source and building data source views and recognizing fact and dimension tables.
- Involved in data mapping specifications to execute detailed system test plans.
- Created SSIS packages to extract data from OLTP to OLAP systems and scheduled Jobs to load the shipping and customer data.
- Designed SSIS Packages to transfer data from various sources like Text Files, XML Files, SQL Server, Teradata, Excel and Oracle to SQL Server using Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS).
- Created custom logging and package configurations to change connection strings and variables dynamically. Used all types of containers in SSIS.
- Developed strategies and loading techniques for better loading and faster query performance.
- Extensively worked on documentation of Data Model, Mapping, Transformations and Scheduling batch jobs.
- Developed dimensional model for Data Warehouse/OLAP applications by identifying required facts and dimensions.
- Generated the DDL using forward engineering Worked in merging and complete compare of Physical models.
- Used the Data Warehousing Life Cycle to identify data elements from the source systems, performed data analysis to come up with data cleansing and integration rules for the ETL process.
- Created package deployment utility and deployed packages into various environments. Involved in unit testing , SIT, UAT and data validations.
- Generated Sub-Reports, Drill down reports, Drill through reports and Parameterized reports using Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Designed, Developed and Deployed reports in MS SQL Server environment using SSRS 2008.
- Worked in agile methodology, participated in daily scrum meetings.
Environment: SQL Server 2012, SSIS, SSRS, Share point, Oracle, MS Office 2007, MS Access, ER Win, ADO .Net, Windows Server 200 8 .
Sr. Software Engineer
- Design, develop, debug and support complex data integration interfaces and processes (including stored procedure and queries) using various tools and technologies including SSIS, SSRS, T-SQL, MSBI, C# and SQL Server technology
- Development of SQL Scripts/Stored Procedure/User Defined functions/Triggers/Job Scripts for data processing
- Analyze and develop data integration interfaces and processes for data warehouse
- Analyze workflow charts and diagrams and translate operations requirements into technical designs to map and automate data load from source systems to data warehouses, downstream applications and trading partners
- Deploy new upgrades and releases in production
- Performance improvement, tuning and production support of jobs and interfaces
- Meet deadlines consistently in a fast-paced environment
- Develop SSRS Reports for business Reporting and Dashboards
- Reviewing, assessing, and supporting data needs of the clients to support actionable intelligence
Environment: SQL, SSIS, SSRS