- 7+ years of IT experience in the Analysis, design, testing and Implementation of ETL & Business Intelligence solutions using Data Warehouse/Data Mart Design, ETL, UNIX & OLAP
- Good exposure to various SDLC models including Agile (Scrum), Waterfall models.
- Extensively worked on Dimensional modeling, Data cleansing and Data Staging of operational sources using ETL processes
- Experience in Integration and extraction of data from various sources like DB2, SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase, Teradata, MS Access, Flat files into a staging area.
- Proficient experience in different Databases like Oracle, SQL Server 2008, DB2, Sybase and Teradata.
- Strong knowledge of Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing and Business Architecture
- Extensively used ETL methodology for supporting data extraction, transformations and loading processing, in a corporate - wide-ETL Solution using Informatica
- Experience in QC (ALM), Jira, TFS for defect management, defect tracking and bug reporting.
- Well Versed in GUI application testing. Database testing and Front-end testing
- Automated and scheduled the Informatica jobs using UNIX Shell Scripting.
- Solid time management and multitasking skills, which help in conducting project meetings, reviews, walkthroughs, and customer interviews according to the varied needs of the people involved
- Ability to mentor new resources and help to get into current pace in the project.
Data Warehousing: Informatica 9.5/9.1/8.6.1/8.1/7.1/6/5.1.1/1.75 , Data Stage, Ab Initio, SSIS
Reporting Tools: Cognos 8.0 Suite, Business Object XI 3.1, Crystal Reports, OBIEE, SSRS, MicroStrategy 8.x
Data Modeling: Star-Schema Modeling, Snowflake-Schema Modeling, Fact and dimension tables, Pivot
Testing Tools: HP ALM/QC, Jira, Win Runner, Load Runner, Test Director, Quality Center, Rational Tools
RDBMS: Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i/7.x, MS SQL Server 2005/2008, UDB DB2, Sybase, Teradata V2R6, MS Access 2008
Programming: UNIX Shell Scripting, Korn Shell, C Shell, Bourne Shell, Bash, SQL, SQL*Plus, PL/SQLTOAD, C++
Environment: UNIX, MVS, IBM AIX 4.2/4.3, Hyperion, Win 3.x/95/98, NT 4.0
Confidential, WORCESTER, MA
- Extensively used Informatica power center for extraction, transformation and loading process.
- Testing business reports developed in Cognos.
- Expertise in Developing SQL Packages, Stored Procedures/Functions, triggers.
- Managed test sets and status reports for each release using ALM\HP Quality Center
- Involved in testing of Universes from different data sources like Oracle/SQL Server
- Extensively written Teradata SQL Queries, creating Tables and Views by following Teradata Best Practices.
- Working in Agile environment attend daily stand up, sprint planning, backlog grooming refinement and retrospective meeting.
- Extracted Data from using Informatica Power Center ETL and DTS Packages to the target including SQL Server and used the data for Reporting purposes
- Created public folders, private folders, personalized pages and custom views on the Cognos connection portal
- Solid Back End Testing experience by writing and executing SQL Queries.
- Reported bugs and tracked defects using Quality Center/ALM
- Extracted data from various sources like Oracle, flat files and SQL Server.
- Extensively used Teradata load utilities Fast load, Multiload and FastExport to extract, transform and load the Teradata
- Managed and executed the test process, using Agile Methodology
- Extensively used Informatica client tools
- Distributed the reports to the users via Cognos Connection
- Involved in developing detailed test plan, test cases and test scripts using Quality Center for Functional and Regression Testing.
ENVIRONMENT: INFORMATICA, COGNOS, SQL, HP/ALM QUALITY CENTER, ORACLE, TERADATA, AGILE.
Confidential, PEQUTO LAKES, MN
ROLE: ETL TESTER
- Involved in the error checking and testing of the ETL procedures and programs Informatica session log.
- Written several complex SQL queries for validating Cognos Reports
- Tune ETL Jobs/procedures/scripts, SQL queries, PL/SQL procedures to improve the system performance
- Analyzed business requirements, system requirements, data mapping requirement specifications, and responsible for documenting functional requirements and supplementary requirements in Quality Center
- Tested the Oracle Applications and Portals like Executive Dashboard, Drill Down, Summary Reports, Portal built on Oracle
- Responsible for different Data mapping activities from Source systems to Teradata
- Developed Test Plan, Test Cases, Test Data and Test Summary Reports and followed Agile/Scrum process
- Used various checkpoints in the Informatica designer to check the data being transformed
- Worked with business team to test the reports developed in Cognos
- Wrote SQL and PL/SQL scripts to perform database testing and to verify data integrity.
- Used Quality Center to track and report system defects
- Writing complex SQL queries using Case Logic, Intersect, Minus, Sub Queries, Inline Views, and Union in Oracle
- Queried Teradata Database and validated the data using Sql Assistant.
- Implemented Agile (Scrum) QA methodologies
- ENVIRONMENT: INFORMATICA, COGNOS, SQL, HP/ALM QUALITY CENTER, ORACLE, TERADATA, AGILE.
Confidential, BETHPAGE, NY
- Wrote complex SQL and PL SQL queries for validating Data Stage jobs loading functionalities with available requirement spec and business rules
- Validated various MicroStrategy reports such as ad hoc, grids, graphs.
- Strong ability in developing advanced SQL queries to extract, manipulate, and/or calculate information to fulfill data and reporting requirements including identifying the tables and columns from which data is extracted
- Tracked the defects with application teams and assisted in closure using Jira.
- Written complex SQL queries and queried the Oracle database to test ETL code.
- Used SQL for Querying the DB2 database in UNIX environment
- Implemented various builds using Agile development
- Extensively used ETLmethodology for supporting data extraction, transformations and loading processing, in a corporate-wide- ETL Solution using ETL tool like Data Stage
- Tested both conditional formatting and threshold level testing for several reports developed in Microstrategy
- Worked with Unix for file manipulations, text processing, data parsing and Converted SQL queries results into Unix variable
- Used Jira for maintaining the Test Cases and Test Scripts for the application
- Extracted data from various sources like Oracle, flat files and SQL Server
- Involved in extracting source data from DB2, Flat Files on different systems
- In depth knowledge of Agile and Waterfall development methodologies.
- Used Data Stage to move data to the using the stored Procedure thereby enabling faster Moment of data.
ENVIRONMENT: DATA STAGE, MICRO STRATEGY, SQL, JIRA, ORACLE, DB2, AGILE.
- Used the Data Stage Director and its run-time engine to schedule running the solution, testing and debugging its components, and monitoring the resulting executable versions.
- Extensively used MicroStrategy for report generation
- Performed back-end testing, table manipulations of relational systems by writing complex SQL queries manually
- Involved in presentation on JIRA on how address the defects and resolve it
- Tested Analytical Data Mart (ADM) of Oracle system and Stored Procedures
- Written Complicated SQL queries in DB2 for Update Dimension Tables, Export Data from Target tables etc
- Reviewed the test activities through daily Agile Software development stand-up meetings.
- Wrote complex SQL and PL SQL queries for validating Data Stage jobs loading
- Involved in testing all the reports that were generated through MicroStrategy
- Used JIRA for defect tracking and reporting, updating the bug status and discussed with developers to resolve the bugs
- Optimizing/Tuning several complex SQL queries for better performance and efficiency
- Strong in writing complex SQL queries to profile and analyze the data in Oracle 10g
- Involved in all phases of the STLC, with timely delivery against aggressive deadlines, with QA methodologies such as Waterfall, Agile, etc.
- Performed extensive Database Testing by writing complex SQL Queries in DB2 to test the different scenarios in the application
ENVIRONMENT: DATA STAGE, MICRO STRATEGY, SQL, JIRA, ORACLE, DB2, AGILE.