Accomplished Software Developer with over 25 years of Tandem experience implementing and managing complex multiple projects. Specialty is COBOL, SCOBOL, PATHWAY and ENSCRIBE development and supporting the IBM Mainframe/Tandem interfaces. Demonstrated expertise in project management and systems analysis as well as systems enhancements and troubleshooting. In addition to technical expertise has an exceptional ability to communicate complex technical information to top - level management as well as end users.
SOFTWARE / UTILITIES:
- EXTRACTOR/REPLICATOR (GOLDEN GATE SOFTWARE)
- MS OFFICE SUITE PROFESSIONAL
- WINDOWS NT/2000/XP WORKSTATION
- TANDEM/ Confidential NONSTOP
- Tandem NON-STOP SQL (2 years)
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
- Program development for money market reform (new set of SEC rule amendments meant to address any potential financial instability that could be caused by money market funds, i.e. creation of floating funds) using Cobol85, Scobol, Enscribe and SQL, Tacl, DDL, and Enform.
- Created detail design documentation and test plans; Assisted Business Analysts with requirements gathering; Performed unit and system-wide testing; Performed Q&A testing; Participated in code walk-through sessions.
- Worked with program versioning software (Team Foundation Server) to keep track of production and development systems.
Confidential, Abilene, Texas
Data Analyst Production Support
- The project consisted of providing Tier 3 production support to Confidential & Confidential ’s Global Computing Platform (GCP)
- Oracle SQL Developer, IBM DataStage, puTTY, UNIX servers.
- Worked Trouble Tickets using Remedy.
Confidential, Abilene, Texas
Application Architect/ SME/ Production Support
- The project consists of providing Tier II production support to Confidential & Confidential ’s Midwest Regional
- Participated in the major conversion and migration to the new Confidential NonStop Itanium Blade System.
- Change Management and Trouble Tickets using Remedy.
- Utilized Connect:Direct (NDM) to interface with IBM mainframe.
- Software Release and Deployment management.
- Deferred event and production abends - analysis and resolutions.
- On-call rotation - 24/7.
- The system was running on Confidential Tandem Series/70000 utilizing Cobol/Scobol, Pathway, Enscribe, SQL, TACL, and other Guardian utilities. After migration, the system now runs on the Itanium Blade servers.
- Enhanced Cobol85 programs to process work orders for contingency planning project.
Confidential, Seattle, WA
- Development of IRA reporting, account dormancy reporting, excess Money Market withdrawal reporting using Cobol85, Enscribe, Tacl, DDL, and Enform.:
- Assisted in programming and converting reports for modified account name and address database
- Assisted in converting accounts for new bank acquisition stack
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
- Development of Reverse Intraday Refreshes for fund trades using Cobol85, Scobol, MP SQL, Tacl, DDL, and Enform.
- Created audit report software to review employee security access to various screen menus and programs such as user maintenance.
- Created detail design documentation; Assisted Business Analysts with requirements gathering; Performed unit and system-wide testing; Performed Q&A testing; Participated in code walk-through sessions.
- Worked with program versioning software to keep track of production and development systems
- Reviewed softdocs; recompiled all programs (C, Cobol, Scobol, Tal) for operating system upgrade, reconfigured pathways, helped test applications.
Confidential, Maitland, FL
- Software development and enhancement in a financial environment (Debit Card processing applications) using Tandem COBOL85 and SCOBOL for Pathway SERVER/REQUESTER and batch applications)
- Development and maintenance of EFS/Credit Card Authorization Application programs
- Performed software maintenance according to end user specifications; Created testing systems and test databases.
- Identified requirements, wrote detail specifications, worked with development team from design through testing and delivery, and participated in project scheduling for software applications.
Confidential, Hawthorne, CA
- Software development and enhancement of Shop Floor Manufacturing Application using Tandem Native-mode COBOL and SCOBOL for Pathway and batch applications
- Created detail requirement and detail design documents. Provided scripting for unit and integrated testing. Assisted system administrators with DDL compilations.
Confidential, El Segundo, CA
- Played a key role as lead developer on numerous TANDEM projects for the airline/aerospace industry. Developed and managed a successful SPEC 2000 standard formats project, to allow an information exchange between airlines and their suppliers for aircraft maintenance procurement/repair transactions utilizing COBOL, SCOBOL and TAL. The international airline community under the auspices of the ATA adopted the successful establishment of SPEC 2000.
- Led a group of 5 developers designing an aircraft service manuals tracking system for British Aerospace; installed system Confidential plant in Hatfield, UK and trained users. Designed, implemented and maintained an online aircraft parts procurement system for the Air Transport Association (ATA) using COBOL
- Supervised the design, testing and installation of an aircraft technical manual distribution system. Developed enhancements to existing batch and online processing with COBOL. Efficiently streamlined and automated batch processing. Evaluated and recommended third party utilities for purchase. Performed Tandem upgrades on Himalaya Series S74000 mainframe.
- Quickly devised effective solutions and approaches for complex business issues, even when requirements changed on a daily basis. Provided sole support for smooth migration of existing business rules from legacy aircraft parts provisioning online system to a re-engineered system. Improved software performance by 25% for daily batch processing, by eliminating redundancies and using utilities requiring no operator intervention