- An accomplished Software Engineer.
- Broadly skilled programmer comfortable with a vast range of scripting and programming languages, concepts and technologies.
- Proven ability to complete projects efficiently and professionally.
- 20+ years of experience in programming.
- Complex Software Engineering
- Testing & Debugging
- DB Architecture & Design
- Advanced Scripting
- Staff Leadership
- Agile Scrum Methodology
IT TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES:
Programming : MuleSoft, Perl, Visual Basic, Transact SQL, C, Delphi, Unix shell, 4GL, COBOL
ETL Tools: Astera Centerprise
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX, VMS, IBM AS400
Databases : MS SQL Server, SQLite, MS Access, Informix, DB2, Paradox
Source Code Control : GitHub, Team Foundation Server
Agile Tools: Rally
Confidential, Mission, KS
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
- Perform as application analyst, designer, and developer for MuleSoft applications.
- A member of the integration team that has built and maintains a platform designed to connect to outside data sources or allow data to be transmitted from third parties. This data is then normalized for internal consumption so that upstream products can consume and leverage the data within their applications. Data is also exported from the application and it is either transformed to a unified standard or to meet third party specifications.
- Most of other Mule applications are used for data management. In most cases, they obtain data from third party web services and upload to SQL Server database, or select from SQL server and update web service. Stored procedures are used for database operations
- Used variety of MuleSoft components. The applications either listen to http ports, or consume a queue, or run on time schedule, or a combination of those. DataWeave component is widely used for data transformation. Error handling is taken care of. In most cases, an email is sent to the team in case of error, and the error message is also recorded in SQL server database. Output usually goes to a queue where some other application is listening as a subscriber. Database select/insert/update may happen too. Input payload may come as a body of http request, or a request to a REST or SOAP service may be sent in order to obtain data.
- Use MuleSoft, MS SQL Server Management Studio, Astera Centerprise Data Integrator.
- Practice Agile Scrum Methodology to prioritize work and deliver products in timely manner.
- Use GitHub for source code control
DATA INTEGRATION DEVELOPER
- Responsible for handling thousands of data imports daily. Data come in variety of input formats, and fully automated conversions process it and update production database.
- Managed to improve some of the import processes so they can handle extremely big load of data.
- Used Astera Centerprise Data Integrator and MuleSoft. Also used Perl, MS SQL Server Management Studio.
Confidential, Olathe, KS
- Responsible for converting data from variety of input formats to SQL Server database. Wrote custom programs, used existing utility programs, and/or available PC tools.
- Made automated conversion processes. Loaded converted data to Online TAX product.
- Input data format included text files, MS Access DBs, Fox Pro dbf tables, XML files, Excel files and more.
- Designed Databases.
- Made scheduled tasks for running conversion processes when data becomes available on ftp site.
- Wrote Perl programs for screen scraping and parsing data from public web sites.
- Wrote Perl programs for creating jpg pictures using input text sketch vectors.
- Used Perl, MS SQL Server Management Studio, SSIS packages, MS Access, DOS BAT procedures, Visual Basic
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
- Responsible for converting data to a format compatible with the Online TAX product database. This required an analysis of data specs
- Used VMS, DCL, C, UNIX, 4GL, Unix shell scripts, Informix DB.
IT DEPARTMENT MANAGER
- Responsible for design, implementation and testing applications, and database administration for salary processing on VMS.
- Supervised 4 programmers.
- Responsible for design, implementation, and testing applications for warehouse inventory and financial data on VMS.
- Used COBOL and DCL.
- Analysis, design and developing applications in Delphi 3.0 for retail stores, warehouse accountants and financial accountants, video store records, dental office records, HR records, salary accounting etc. Applications included data entry module, search engine, reports etc.
- Used Delphi and Paradox DB.
- Responsible for requirements gathering, requirement analysis, design, implementation, and testing warehouse applications on the IBM AS/400 and for database logical and physical design. The applications included user interface, logic, database, and reports.
- Used COBOL, SQL and CL on the IBM AS/400.