Languages: PERL, Python, C/C++, SQL, Java, Jython, PL/SQL, Pro - C, PHP, Linux/Unix Shell Scripts
Systems: Linux, UNIX, WINDOWS (NT 4.0, 95, 3.1X), IBM OS/2, MS-DOS
Database: Oracle, Postgres, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server DB Library, MS-Access, DB2, HEC-DSS
Communication: TCP/IP(Sockets), CPI-C, X.25, APPC LU6.2
Version Control: BITBUCKET, GIT, SVN, SCCS, PVCS, ClearCase, SourceSafe, CMVC
Change Tracking: JIRA, DDTS (Distributed Defect Tracking System)
Internet Software Security: BSD FIREWALL IPFW
IDE/Debuggers: Eclipse, DBX, GDB, DDD, TotalView
Development Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile
Cloud: Multiple AWS Certifications
Process Improvement: CMM, CMMI
Senior Software Engineer
- Responsibilities include software development and managing/mentoring several programmers.
- Development was performed in VMware Windows and Linux as well as AWS Linux environments. Development is based on Agile methodology using JIRA for task management and Git for version control.
- Developed and implemented software standards and guidelines as well as configuration management documentation for the company’s software development processes.
- Provided mentoring, training, software code reviews, and additional technical guidance and direction when necessary.
- Developed multiple applications used to process model output, applying statistical analysis, and the generation of summary results used by scientist to interpret levels of salinity, stage, flow and other hydrological characteristics (PERL, C/C++, Python).
- Developed client-server model metadata library application in Java using SQL Server for the backend. The application is used by modelers to upload model metadata thereby providing a historical record of all significant model runs for future reference.
- Development of software tools and utilities used to simplify and streamline day to day processing activities as well as maintenance of existing tools
- Lead a team of modelers to consolidate, eliminate, and reorganize model run datasets
- Provided programming and development guidance to the modeling staff involved in the development of various applications
- Ported multiple types of applications (PERL, C/C++, and C-Shell) from Solar UNIX to the Linux operating system.
- Developed documentation and facilitated processes improvement to streamline operations
- Requirements analysis and comparison of GNU/IBM compilers and debuggers
Confidential, Miami, FL
- Designed and developed three firewall security software applications using C/C++ and the SQL Server DB LIBRARY interface.
- All applications interact with and modify the system’s security firewall via the BSD Firewall IPFW application interface.
- Additionally, these applications updated user information in the SQL Server database using the SQL Server DB-Library interface.
- The first application evaluates users to determine if they have exceeded their maximum logon time since authentication or have not transmitted any IP packets via TCP/IP within a dynamically specified time limit. If a user exceeds these constraints, they are disconnected from the system and will be required to re-authenticate.
- The second system is used to reorganize and consolidate IPFW firewall entries to enhance performance and streamline the dataset.
- The third application validates that the user is using the original MAC address that was used to initially logon to the system. This prevents unauthorized users from hijacking valid IP addresses and thereby prevents the bypassing of system security.
Confidential, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Software analysis, design, and development in PERL, PL/SQL, SQL, Oracle, and UNIX shell scripts.
- Completed the analysis and design for PERL based optimization techniques to interface to Oracle database.
- Analysis, design, and development for multiple PERL applications for the validation and processing of EDI data files. Applications were designed to extract from EDI files and insert into Oracle 8.1 application tables.
- Analysis, design, and enhancement of a web-based application in the UNIX environment developed in PERL and interfacing to an Oracle Database via PL/SQL.
- Completed the analysis and design for PL/SQL applications interfacing to Oracle Application’s Order Loader.
- Oracle (PL/SQL) analysis and optimization of SQL statements.
- Developed a Coldfusion Web application called the “eBusiness Document Repository. The document repository made all process and project documents available to the eBusiness organization. The web application interfaced to an oracle database defining the relationships for all documents. The documents were organized according to the phases of the Software Development Lifecycle as well as key practices areas in the SEI/CMM model.
- Responsible for training software developers in Configuration Management (ClearCase) - Version Control and Distributed Defect Tracking (DDTS) Applications
- Participated in team reviews/inspections for requirements, design, and coding.
- Team leader for Continuous Process Improvement initiative. Responsible for leading a team of technical leads to identify solutions to existing problems ranging from configuration management issues to application deployment. As Software Quality Coordinator (SQC) acted as a liaison between Software Quality (SQA), Configuration Management (CM), and Process and Tools (PT) departments to improve process capabilities.
- Team leader for Confidential initiative for KPAs OPD, OPF, and TP. Voting member of the IT SEPG (Software Engineering Process Group).
Confidential, Fort Lauderdale, FLSoftware Engineer
- Provided 8 months of consulting services for development in the UNIX environment-using PERL, Oracle 8.1, PL/SQL, SQL*LOADER, and C/C++ programming.
- Performed analysis, design, and development of Oracle PL/SQL packages, procedures, and functions.
- The packages were developed to process, load, update, and distribute category and product related data from pre-staging tables to application-based tables. To ensure optimization of SQL Oracle’s EXPLAIN PLAN tool was utilized.
- Developed and enhanced several UNIX based PERL scripts. The scripts were developed to pre-process product and pricing data files. After the parsing and processing of data files, the files were uploaded into the Oracle database using SQL*LOADER.
- Developed C application/utility for preprocessing of data files.
- Designed and developed several UNIX Shell scripts to automate these processes. These shell scripts were then called from the UNIX Cron utility to complete the automation process.
- As technical team lead, provided for the analysis, design, and documentation of additional PL/SQL based systems to further enhance data quality
- Developed a call center web application using C++ and PHP in the UNIX and Windows environment. The backend C++ code is responsible for loading data files, parsing tokens, field validation, and inserting records into MySql database. The front-end internet application is developed in PHP and is used for database management, HTML generation, field validation, and session management. Designed and implemented the database model.
- Provide consulting services for the analysis, design, setup, and configuration of “The Exchange Project”. The Exchange Project is a web based open-source E-COMMERCE solution built in PHP. These services are provided on an as needed basis.
- Provided 18 months of consulting services for development in the UNIX environment using Oracle 7.3, PL/SQL, C programming, and Shell Scripting.
- Performed analysis, design, and enhancements to a UNIX based Communication Server application. The application was written in C. The existing application was unstable, and my assigned responsibility was to provide necessary analysis, design and the implementation of fixes to stabilize this application. The application consists of four independent processes using TCP/IP Sockets, Pipes, Message queues, and shared memory for inter-process communication. The application additionally interfaced with 3780 drivers for file transfers via a proprietary API.
- Designed and developed several Oracle PL/SQL based packages. These packages were developed to provide a secure access layer through which external applications can interact with the database. All external applications were required to access data through these packages.
- Analysis, design, and development of an Oracle Pro-C based application to replace an existing Oracle SQR based application.
Confidential, Fort Lauderdale, FLSoftware Engineer
- Development of a Jam 7.1 application configuration tool from an existing Jam prototype. The application, used to dynamically configure in-house applications, was developed in C and implemented in the UNIX environment. The application uses embedded C-SQL to extract, insert, update, and delete configuration data from an Oracle 7.3 database.
- Development effort to stabilize and enhance two C based applications used to process gift cards activation. The applications were developed and implemented in the UNIX environment. Both applications use extensive Pro-C calls to update, insert, delete, and extract data from an Oracle 7.3 database.
- Designed, developed and enhanced, a Client/Server and Web based, financial application developed in C using Jam as the Windows front-end and Oracle and UNIX as the backend. I developed in both the front-end and backend. The front-end involved developing C code and SQL statements, HTML, and Java Scripts. The backend consisted of developing shell scripts, data load using SQL*Loader, Pro-C, C, and PL/SQL development.
- Designed and developed a proprietary product installation application using Microsoft's Visual C++ for Windows. The design and implementation incorporated many object-oriented concepts such as inheritance, data hiding, data abstraction, and polymorphism. The application was developed and enhanced over the course of a year.
- Designed and developed the Stock Commission Calculator Application. The application was developed in C and is used in both the Windows and UNIX environment.
- Provided the analysis, design, development or enhancement of applications written in C, Pro-C, PL/SQL, and shell scripts in both the UNIX and Windows environment.