- 8+years of IT experience in Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Implementation of various applications in OLTP, Client/Server OLAP environment using BI tools.
- 4+ years of extensive experience with design and development of Tableau visualization solutions.
- Certified Tableau Desktop 9 Qualified Associate with extensive experience in Tableau Desktop, Tableau Server, Tableau reader, Tableau Mobile in various versions of Tableau (7.x/8.x/9.x/10) and Vizql, Teradata, SQL and various ETL tools.
- Garnered deep experience with all modules of Micro Strategy Product Suite namely MicroStrategy Intelligence Server, Web, Dashboard, Narrowcast Server and Desktop.
- Extensively developed Business Requirements Documents, Functional Design Documents and Technical Design Documents.
- Actively participated and conducted in JAD sessions with business users, technical leads and with development personnel in all aspects of the SDLC.
- Efficient in identifying and analyzing Business requirements from documents and end - user discussions and deliver the data requirements necessary to support DW subject areas.
- Extensive experience on designing database using ER modeling and Normalization.
- Experienced in designing rich Interactive reports and dashboards integrating various reporting components from multiple sources.
- Experience in aggregating data and configuring reports from different data sources using data blending.
- Proficient in design and development of various dashboards, reports utilizing Tableau Visualizations like bar graphs, scatter plots, pie-charts, maps, funnel charts, lollypop charts, donuts, bubbles, etc. and other making use of actions, other local and global filters.
- Extensive knowledge in various reporting objects like Dimensions, Measures, Hierarchies, Filters, Actions, Calculated Fields, Sets, Groups, Parameters etc.
- Good experience on LOD expressions Comparative Sales Analysis, Customer Acquisitions, etc.
- Hands on experience in embedding Tableau reports and dashboards on external websites using Java API scripting.
- Good knowledge on Embedded views of Tableau with web applications to integrate reports.
- Expertise in Agile Scrum Methodology to implement project life cycles of reports design and development
- Extensively involved in Reverse-Engineering and Business Rules Extraction Expert in project planning, strategic planning, systems analysis and troubleshooting, quality control, forecasting, scheduling and planning and tracking of results.
- Expertise in doing Unit Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing and Data Validation for developed ETL Mappings.
- Experience in guiding onshore/offshore development teams to build dashboard applications, developing templates and development framework, design standards and implementation plans.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, communication and time management skills.
Analytical Tools: Tableau (Desktop/Server/Mobile/Public), MicroStrategy, SSRS
ETL Tools: DataStage, Informatica, SSIS, Talend
Requirements Management: Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
RDBMS and SQL Tools: Teradata, Oracle, SQL Server, Toad, SQL Assistant, SQL Plus
Code Management Tools: UC4, SVN, SharePoint, Quality Center
Methodologies: Kimball/Inmon, OLAP, Waterfall, Agile
Data Modeling Tools: ERwin, ER Studio, MS Visio
Operating System: Windows 2007, Unix, Linux
Confidential, Malvern, PA
Sr. Tableau Developer/ Sr. Data Analyst
- Cooperated with internal management and team members to understand and clarify reporting requirements / needs.
- Compiled, analyzed, and documented business requirements.
- Conducted data cleanup and sorting after extraction from the warehouse and carried out data profiling and gap analysis.
- Initialized data mining after reconciliation and delivered recommendations for the dashboard.
- Applied advanced data visualization tools to provide an easy to understand interface for end users to quickly identify key themes within their data.
- Pinpointed key business metrics measurements and developed methods to represent data in support of the measurements.
- Furnished guidance and insight on data visualization and dashboard design best practices in Tableau.
- Designed customized Tableau Dashboards, integrating Custom SQL from Teradata and Oracle and performing data blending in reports.
- Generated extract files to improve performance. Inserted different Mark types and Mark properties in views to provide better insights into large data sets. Created various types of charts to provide better visualization.
- Engineered Big Data analytics platform for processing customer viewing preferences using Java, Hadoop, Hive and Pig.
- Installed advanced geographic mapping techniques and used custom images and geo coding to build spatial visualizations of non-geographic data using Java API scripting.
- Integrated and embedded Tableau reports/dashboards on the external web pages.
- Actively involved in the creation of users, groups, projects, workbooks and the appropriate permission sets for Tableau server logins.
- Maintain thorough and rigorous documentation related to all ETL changes, Metadata, database server configuration, operation, and database change management.
- Generated Test Cases for each specification in Requirement Specification Document corresponding to each module.
- Carried out Parallel Testing or Production Testing, which ensured that the new system performed correctly in a production environment and interfaced correctly with other production systems.
Environment: Tableau (Desktop/Server) 9.x/8.x, Teradata 15, Oracle 12c/11g, Hive, Hbase, BigQuery, Teradata SQL Assistant, Java API, Putty, Microsoft Office, ServiceNow.
Confidential, Bellevue, Washington
Sr. Tableau Developer/ Sr. Data Analyst
- Analyze complex business process/user stories and execute functional and data integrity test cases.
- Employ technical and functional knowledge of applications and enterprise standards to evaluate and resolve complex testing risks/issues and managed through resolution.
- Participate in Agile Methodology (Scrum) from requirements gathering to maintenance and monitoring progress.
- Liaise with BPMO, stakeholders and business partners to develop test strategies, end to end integration strategies and acceptance criteria.
- Function as a mentor/lead and provided training to less experienced staff, and assist in designing and development of adhoc reports for all team members (onsite and offshore).
- Assess website performance to improve customer experience and insights.
- Utilize Big Data and Hadoop File System (HDFS); create Hive tables; load and analyze data using impala queries.
- Create SQL queries to process the data and generate data cubes for visualization. Implement schema extraction for Parquet and created External Hive Tables on top of CSV file formats.
- Execute query using Impala SQL, Spark SQL and use BI tools to run ad-hoc queries directly on Hadoop.
- Utilize Tableau to connect to Hive ODBC connector and generate daily reports of data. Created extensive Tableau reports and various interactive dashboards to publish on Tableau Server.
- Create strong dashboard designs utilizing familiarity with best practices around visualization and design.
- Deliver production support to Tableau users and write Custom SQL to support business requirements.
- Organize functional, regression testing efforts as well as coordinate with automation and business teams (UAT) and defined test strategies, test plans, test cycles and test execution timelines with effective collaboration across, project teams, vendors and business teams at all levels for planning, issue identification and resolution, risk mitigation and production implementation.
- Produce mapping documents for every mapping as well as Data Migration documents for smooth transfer of project from development to testing environment and then to production environment.
Environment: Tableau (Desktop/Server) 10.x/9.x, Teradata, SQL Server, Oracle 12c/11g, Hive, Spark-SQL, Impala, Java API, Putty, Unix, Microsoft Office suite.
Confidential, Saint Louis, MO
Sr. Tableau Developer/ Sr. Data Analyst
- Collected business requirements from end users and analyzed and documented them for various reporting needs.
- Produced views and dashboards based on requirements and published them to Tableau Server for Business and End User teams to be reviewed.
- Created and refined mock-up Tableau Dashboards to explore options for visualization of data, presentation, and analysis.
- Functioned as a liaison between the business and the IT department by conducting weekly calls/meetings with stakeholders, developers, QA Team, and UAT Team to document any changes and apply them to Tableau reports as needed.
- Constructed side by side bar chart comparison of Vendors who were into Retail along with profit revenue generated.
- Liaised with DBA to extract API data into SQL Server and connected to the data from Tableau for various reporting requirements.
- Designed Interactive Dashboards with Quick filters, Parameters and Actions to handle views more efficiently.
- Built Data extracts for better performance of dashboards and accessing data offline.
- Planned and scheduled data refresh on Tableau Server for weekly and monthly increments based on business change to ensure that the views and dashboards were displaying the changed data accurately.
- Merged dashboards with live Connection in Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Combined data from multiple databases into one report by selecting primary keys from each database for data validation.
- Ideated, developed and reviewed SQL queries with use of joins clauses (inner, left, right) in Tableau Desktop to validate static and dynamic data for data validation.
- Employed the tools built within company and completed manual ETL process if necessary.
- Engaged in weekly meetings, reviews, and user group meetings as well as communicated with stakeholders and business groups.
Environment: Tableau (Desktop/Server) 8.x, Oracle 11i, Toad, SQL Server, SQL BI Suite (SSIS, SSRS), Java API, MS Visio, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Confidential - Cincinnati, OH
Tableau Developer/Data Analyst:
- Gathered Business Requirements, interacted with the Users, Project Manager and SMEs to get a better understanding of the Business Processes.
- Creating and modifying Business Intelligence analytical reports using Tableau.
- Extensively used Visio to create Use Cases Diagrams, Activity Diagrams.
- Actively involved in testing new/upgraded features like new Visualizations, Forecasting, Data Blending, Parallelized Dashboard, Hyperlink Objects, Color-coded tabs etc. in Tableau 8 desktop/Server.
- Building, publishing customized interactive reports and dashboards, report scheduling using Tableau server.
- Created actions, parameters, Filter (Local, Global) and calculated sets for preparing dashboards and worksheets using Tableau.
- Effectively used data blending, filters, quick filters, data source filters, global filters, context filters, actions, Hierarchies feature in tableau.
- Executed and tested required queries and reports before publishing.
- Publish the developed dashboard, reports on the Tableau Server so that the end users having access to the server can view the data.
- Monitored the report performance and send the results to end users. Maintain reports in Tableau server and coordinate with Tableau admin for site user permissions and views.
- Implemented best practices and standards in developing Tableau reports.
- Integrated Tableau dashboards into internal web portal using Java Script API.
- Worked on the backend database development which was the source data for the tableau.
- Developed story telling dashboards in Tableau Desktop and published them on to Tableau server, allowing end users to understand the data on the fly with the usage of quick filters for on demand needed information.
Confidential, Columbia, MD
- Documented specifications after gathering business requirements from the business users.
- Applied Star Schema to fit reporting, query and business analysis requirements.
- Formulated Derived metrics, Compound Metrics and Filters, Filter in a metric- for very complex reports.
- Supported creation of new Facts, Attributes and Attribute form expressions, and Hierarchies within the project.
- Generated the design document and personalized the reports as per user requirements that included customizing and formatting
- Fabricated intelligent cubes to reduce database load and decrease report execution by using the Cube Services.
- Built Dashboards in various formats; tables, gauges and dials, for business analysis.
- Designed Advanced Dashboards with panel stacks, complicated grids and graphs, customized widgets both in flash and Interactive modes.
- Generated reports, dashboards, SQL queries using Tableau.
- Utilized Tableau to synthesize and translate Business data needs into creative visualizations.
- Carried out Tableau administration tasks such as creation of users, groups, projects, workbooks and permission sets for Tableau server logons and security checks.
- Supplied best practices during implementation and integration of Tableau Platform.
- Solidified several base formulas (mathematical expressions) using existing facts in MicroStrategy Agent that could be re-used to build any number of metrics.
- Delivered various management levels with reports, analysis time series graphs and Bar Graphs using Micro Strategy Web.
- Assisted in moving the objects between two projects and two different environments by using Object Manager and resolved conflicts between environments by using conflicts resolution window.
- Engaged in Administration tasks such as creating users, assigning privileges, caching, specifying Query Governing Thresholds, and Report optimization.
- Functioned effectively in an important role in coordination with the entire team and managed the time estimates for the entire project.
Environment: MicroStrategy 9.x (Desktop, Web, Intelligent Server, Narrowcast Server), Oracle 10g, Tableau 7x, Informatica, SQL Server, SharePoint.
- Assisted in requirement analysis and planning of delivering projects using Waterfall model.
- Aided developers and testing team with business cases and scenarios.
- Prepared and monitored project execution along with the senior management.
- Extracted requirements and elaborated in planning sessions with the team.
- Transcribed the requirements into proper documentation and maintained development efforts.
- Translated and simplified requirements to developers elaborately.
- Conducted requirements management with clients and onsite coordinators to execute projects.
- Prepared demo sessions for the development of projects to clients
- Produced weekly status reports for different modules in projects.
- Employed SQL, PL/SQL for database related functionality.
Environment: SQL Server, Quality Center, Windows XP, Excel Reports, MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).