- 5 Years of Database Administration on MSSQL Server 2016,2014, 2012, 2008R2.
- Experience in Migrating from SQL server 2008R2 to 2012, 2014 and 2016 by using In - Place upgrade process as well as side-by-side upgrade process.
- Supporting different High Availability & Disaster Recovery scenarios like Always-On Availability Groups, Clustering, Replication, Log Shipping and Database Mirroring.
- Served as support for database administration tasks including configuration management, backup/recovery, performance optimization, and space management
- 2 years of experience Deploying SSIS packages (TFS), SSRS deployment to web report portal and granting users permissions to report server
- Experience in setting up and managing database security by creating new users, roles, and provide required user privileges in development, test, environments
- Some experience using PowerShell. (Still learning)
- Experience handling Locks, Deadlocks, Detect CPU, I/O, Memory Bottlenecks, Optimization, Performance tuning of SQL Server databases using Extended events, DMVs, Activity Monitor, SQL Profiler, DB Tuning wizard and third-party tool. (SOLARWINDS DPA) Query Optimization and Database Consistency Checks using DBCC Utilities, Re-Indexing, Updating Statistics, performing Maintenance Tasks.
- Diagnosed job errors and implemented solutions.
- Experience in importing/exporting data from various sources of data into SQL Server Databases and vice versa
- 24 X 7 Production Database on Call Support.
- Have a flair for technology and willing to take up challenging assignments
- Have excellent analytical, problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills with ability to interact with people at all levels and can work as part of a team or independently.
- Devoted and Quick learner with ability to master and implement recent technologies
Environment: Databases: Virtualization tools (VMware), Azure, SQL Server 2017/2016/2014/2012/2008 R2 Enterprise, Windows Enterprise Server 2012/2008R2, T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS, Tools BCP, Import and Export Wizard, Profiler, DTS, SQL Diagnostic Manager, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Access)
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
Sql Server Dba
- As a production dba, I am responsible for resolving Sql server database incident tickets
- Providing Sql server implementation changes requested from application teams
- Responsible for installing, Upgrades, Patching and Configuration of MS SQL Server 2016, 2014, 2012, 2008R2 in different 32/64-bit production, test and development environments.
- Currently working on moving application workloads to AZURE
- Regular monitoring of servers, which includes backup jobs monitoring, Disk space monitoring, Services monitoring, and blocking monitoring and troubleshooting using SSMS.
- Ensuring data recovery, maintenance, Data integrity and space requirements for physical database.
- Creation and maintenance of Databases, creating Roles and managing user permissions and Admin groups.
- Automate maintenance plan jobs in SQL Server agent and task scheduler: such as backup database, index rebuilding, index reorganizing, cleaning up, and updating statistics.
- Supports day to day operational duties for the database platform such as service now requests and tickets, and other tasks as assigned or expected from DBAs
- Responsible for Securing Sql server, user management, assigning permissions and roles.
- Perform database deployments (After work hours) and provide support for application releases
- Assist developers with MS SQL Server issues and questions
- Administer and monitor 24/7 applications and systems, developing automated alerts to warn of failure
- Deploying SSIS packages and SSRS reports
- Provide DBA support and technical expertise for multiple applications in development, test, QA and production - SQL Server 2008R2, 2012, and 2014 environments
- Participating in on call rotation.
Confidential, Columbia, MD
Junior SQL Server DBA
- Monitored Databases and troubleshooting SQL Server performance issues
- Designed and implemented comprehensive Backup plan and disaster recovery strategies
- Maintained Cluster Fail-Over Servers in SQL Server 2008R2 $2012
- Installed, Configured, and Administered SQL Server 2008R2 and 2012 in development, test, and production environment
- Used BCP and BULK INSERT to import and export data from flat files, Excel and MS Access to MS Sql Server
- Applied service packs and security fixes for all Sql Server and provided database administration support
- Participated in DR Testing
- Ran scripts for Quality Assurance and Production release
- Created Jobs for database maintenance