- Snowflake Tech Lead with 10 years’ experience in the complete Data Warehouse life cycle involving Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Maintenance of Software applications and Data Integration using ETL and Java.
- Possess good knowledge and understanding of cloud computing using Microsoft Azure
- Extensive knowledge in Data Warehousing and Data Lake concepts
- Good understanding of Entities, Relations and different objects in Snowflake database
- Firm Knowledge using different types of tables in snowflake
- Have adequate experience handling data conversions, history loads strategy and provided technical guidance to team
- Java developer with adequate hands on using APIs.
- Experience in Integration of various data sources like Oracle, ODBC Connectors & Sequential Files.
- Expertise in Debugging and Performance tuning SQL stored procedures.
- Experience in Identifying and Resolving snowflake DB/data issues.
- Experience in migration activities
- Strong skills in SQL, PL/SQL and Oracle packages, functions, stored procedures.
- Experience in tuning and scaling the procedures for better performance by running explain plan and using different approaches like creation of Global temporary tables.
- Well versed with Composite datatypes like nested tables.
- Extensive knowledge in using cursors, triggers and subquery factoring.
- Hands on experience in UNIX shell scripting.
- Documentation of projects for Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS), Use case Specifications, ER - Diagrams, Test Plans, and Test Scripts & Test Cases.
- Scrum master for a team of 8.
- Experience with writing and reading data from Netezza.
- Good understanding on usage of logging tools like Instana and Gray log
- Complete understanding of methodologies like Agile and DevOps.
- Possess good communication skills, adept in learning new technologies and ability to work under pressure individually and/or in a team.
- Established and maintained strong working relationships with operational, technical, and leadership teams.
- Excellent in solving complex problems under strict deadlines.
Operating Systems: Windows 8,7, XP, UNIX
Programming Languages: PL/SQL, Shell Scripting,Java,snowsql
Databases: snowflake,Oracle 10g,11g,Mongo,Netezza
Tools: snowflake web UI,Eclipse,PL/SQL developer, SQL developer,IBM Datastage 7.5,8.1,Robo 3T,JIRA,Confluence,Gliffy,Instana,Graylog,Bitbucket
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Lead Database Engineer
- Writing detail technical design, mapping documents and develop report queries in snowflake and Java based on the metric calculations provided by the Product Leadership Team.
- Developing and supporting Data loading to snowflake database from Microsoft Azure Blob storage
- Updating the existing snowflake queries based on changing needs.
- Analyzing and validating the snowflake data based on expectations.
- Coming up with test scenarios for each use case provided and include the nm in unit testing as a part of development cycle.
- Setting in new configs for Clients by updating the json files
- Updating the Mongo DB collections for config changes
- Setting up user defaults for a desired selection using APIs
- Worked as a scrum master for a scrum Team and followed agile framework to develop applications. Agile methodologies like Sprint planning, sprint retrospective, daily stand up were part of work.
- Used Git for software development version control and Jenkins for continuous integration and build. And also worked in JIRA to create tasks and user stories.
Environment: Snowflake web UI, Eclipse, Gazelle notebook, Robo 3T, Gray log, Instana, Bitbucket
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Worked in rewriting an application knows as Syndicated Extracts which was built using Oracle, Unix, Netezza and DataStage. The application gets the input in the form of CSV files which is processed using multiple data stage jobs. Analyzed the long running ETL jobs which were running approximately for 24 hours and brought down the run time to around 6 hrs.
- Worked in writing Unix-Shell Scripting to run ETL jobs and create Process Frame work.
- Created and Scheduled jobs using Autosys.
- Changed the jobs and code to build data on Netezza instead of Oracle.
- Worked on oracles materialized views and procedures.
- Worked in short sprints to achieve the MVP’s required by the business.
- Used agile methodology to develop applications.
- Involved in the production run activities
- Providing suggestion for Performance improvements.
- Involved in Defect tracking and working for the closure.
- Involved in unit, performance, Regression and integration testing of data stage jobs and prepared Documentation.
Environment: Oracle 10g, UNIX Shell Scripting, IBM DataStage 7.5, 8.1, Netezza
- Running cron jobs to generate report for the TCS-Internal HRs and higher Management
- Created materialized views, packages, functions, stored procedures in oracle database.
- Data manipulation in backend.
- Production support for critical issues.
- Performance improvement of queries running for longer time.
- Coordination and Involved in defects fixing of QA testing.
- Involved in data model validation for both layers.
Environment: Oracle 10g PL/SQL, Shell Scripting