- Over 6+ years of professional experience in working with projects driven on SQL Microsoft Business Intelligence tools, Data Warehousing and ETL processes
- Experience in creating reports, dashboards using POWER BI Desktop and Server and maintaining POWER BI dashboards on server
- Expert on creating multiple kinds of Power BI Reports and Dashboards
- Expertise gathering functional specification requirements for the development of dashboards and reports
- Proficient in creating Power BI Dashboards and visualizations
- Strong experience in Microsoft Business Intelligence technologies like SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Experience in writing complex SQL queries involving multiple table inner and outer joins
- Experience in creating Tables, Views, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Cursors User defined Function and Other T - SQL statements for various applications
- In-depth knowledge of T-SQL DDL/DML, perform most of the SQL Server Management Studio functionality using T-SQL Scripts and Batches
- Experience in Data Migrating /data integration from OLTP to OLAP systems, data validation and cleaning, data mapping using SSIS
- Expert in Data Extraction, transforming and Loading (ETL) using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS),Data Transformation Services (DTS), Bulk Copy (BCP)
- Developed ETL packages with different data sources (SQL Server, Flat Files, EDI files, Excel source files, XML files etc.) and loaded the data into target tables by performing different kinds of transformations using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Worked on Data modeling, creating star and snowflake schemas in SSAS
- Expertise in creating Break Points, Check Points, and use Error Handlers in SSIS and automating the ETL process
- Designed, developed and implemented various SSIS Packages and deployed using Deployment wizard
- Excellent Knowledge in Dimensional Data Modeling and analyze Data warehouse by building multidimensional cubes using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
- Good experience in writing MDX queries to access cubes data in SSAS
- Responsible for creating SQL datasets for Power BI and Ad-hoc Reports
- Good understanding of all stages of software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Expertise conducting statistical analyses of data using standard statistical techniques
- Expert in generating on-demand and scheduled reports for business analysis or management decision using SQL Servers Reporting Services (SSRS), and Power BI
Data Warehousing ETL Tools: SQL Server Data tools for visual studio 2013 & 2015, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS 2014 / SSIS 2008R2)
Operating Systems: Windows NT/ XP, Windows 9 / 2008 R2, Linux, Mac
Programming and Query Languages: C, Visual Basics, T-SQL, MDX, DAX
Databases: SQL Server 2014/SQL Server 2012/ 2008 R2, MS Access, PL/SQL, MySQL
Reporting Tool: SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Excel, Tableau, Crystal Reports, Power BI
Data Modeling Tool: MS Visio
- Involves in designing and implementing parameterized and cascading parameterized reports using SSRS.
- Works with business users or business systems analysts to understand requirements and translate them into technical specifications.
- Maintains technical skill set for software languages, databases, platforms, operating systems, utilities and networks needed to support work assignments.
- Experienced in development and implementation of SSIS and SSRS application solutions for various business units across the organization.
- Assists in preparing and maintaining application design document.
- Involves in creating Sub-Reports, Drill down reports, Drill through reports and Tabular reports using SSRS.
- Involves in configure and maintain Report Manager and Report Server for SSRS.
- Actively involved in developing Complex SSRS Reports involving Sub Reports, Matrix/Tabular Reports, Charts and Graphs.
- Proficient with High-Level Design of SSIS Packages for integrating data using OLEDB Connection from heterogeneous sources (Excel, CSV, Oracle, flat file, Text Format Data) by using multiple transformations provided by SSIS such as Data Conversion, Conditional Split, Bulk Insert, Merge and Union All.
- Formulates and defines system scope and objective through research and fact finding to design, modify, or integrate complex information systems.
- Strong experience in design and construction of data views. Experience in Building Multi-Dimensional Cubes, Data Modeling, and OLAP Cubes using SSAS.
- Devises data verification methods and standard system procedures.
- Widely used SQL Profiler for investigating, checking, and enhancement of SQL Server and non-creation database code and in addition T-SQL code from engineers and QA.
- Developed Server-side T-SQL scripts for data manipulation and validation and created various snapshots and materialized views for remote instances.
- Responsible for Migrating data from Multifarious Data Sources and legacy systems (Oracle, Flat file, and Excel) to centralized SQL Server databases using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Expertise in using ETL to implement the Slowly Changing Transformation, to maintain Historical Data in Data warehouse.
- Implemented Report Snapshots to improve the performance of SSRS reports.
- Optimized the Database for best performance, with DBCC, partition table.
- Managing the use of disk space, memory and connections.
Environment: SQL Server 2012/2016 Enterprise Edition, SSIS, SSRS, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, C#, Visual Studio 2012 & 2008.
Confidential - Cincinnati, Ohio.
MSBI/Power BI developer
- Expertise in writing complex DAX functions in Power BI and Power Pivot
- Automated Power Query refresh using power shell script and windows task scheduler
- Created Workspace and content packs for business users to view the developed reports
- Scheduled Automatic refresh and scheduling refresh in power bi service
- Wrote calculated columns, Measures query's in power bi desktop to show good data analysis techniques
- Weekly presentation to the business users about the reports and their changes as required
- Worked on all kind of reports such as Yearly, Quarterly, Monthly, and Daily
- Created stored procedures and SQL queries to pull data into power pivot model
- Participated in project planning sessions with project managers, business analysts and team members to analyze business requirements and outline the proposed solution
- Database creation (DDL, DML, DCL), database tuning, SQL tuning, performance planning
- Involved in Planning, Defining and Designing data base using Erwin on business requirement and provided documentation.
- Extensively used Joins and Sub-Queries to simplify complex queries involving multiple tables
- Developed tabular queries for efficient analysis of report using Pivot/Un pivot in T-SQL
- Transformed complex business logic into Database design and maintaining it by using SQL objects like Stored Procedures, User Defined Functions, Views, T-SQL Scripting and Jobs
- Creating and Modifying Tables, Stored Procedures, Views, Indexes, User-defined Functions, and Triggers as required
- Created Jobs Performance report that queries system tables to track the duration of each job and weekly-average duration using SSRS
- Creating data blending in case of merging two different datasets using Tableau
- Created Datasets in T-SQL, stored procedures for SSRS
- Developed Excel Power View, Power Query and Power Pivot dashboards for data analysis
- Developed confidential proprietary analytical tools and reports with Confidential Excel, and Power Pivot and Power Point
- Performed Index analysis for tables and came up with more efficient solutions to use Clustered and Non-Clustered Indexes for significant performance boost using index tuning wizard
- Created SSIS packages to import data from Access, Excel, XML, OLE DB Source and Flat Files
- Filtered bad data using Derived column, Lookups, Fuzzy Lookups, Conditional split
- Designed SSIS packages to import and transform data between databases and external data sources using various transformations like Data conversion, File system task, Row counts, OLE DB Source, OLE DB Destination, OLE DB Command, Merge Join, Look up, Sort, Data flow task
- Debugging SSIS packages, Performance tuning on Slowly running SSIS Packages
- Configure and maintain using Report Manager and Report Server for SSRS, Deployed and Scheduled the Reports in Report Manager
- Created Reports using Charts, Gauges, Tables, matrix
- Created Parameterized Report, Dashboard Report, Linked report and Sub Report by Year, Quarter, Month, and Week
- Created Drill Down Reports, Drill Through Report by Region
- Environment: Power BI, MS SQL Server, SSDT, C#, SSIS, Visual studio 2013, SSRS, DTS, T-SQL, Azure, Power BI
Confidential - Philadelphia, PA
- Conducted database administration, execution estimation and execution tuning for new databases and existing databases by utilizing SQL Profiler, Data Engine Tuning Advisor
- Developed complex projects in T-SQL, composing Stored Procedures, Triggers and Queries with best execution design
- Generated occasional reports in view of the factual investigation of the information utilizing SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Developed large number of standard and customized reports using SSRS for data feeds and for Reports on server
- Rewrote SQL questions to redesign SQL Server execution utilizing SQL Server 2008
- Defined Check imperatives, Business Rules, Indexes, and Views
- Optimizing Stored Procedures and long-running questions utilizing ordering methodologies and inquiry advancement strategies
- Created reports utilizing SSRS, Excel services, Power BI and deployed them on SharePoint Server as per business requirements
- Used the SSIS Import/Export, relocated the Heterogeneous Database, for example, Oracle and Access database, level documents to SQL server 2008
- Managed up degree of DTS bundles to SSIS bundles
- Responsible for creating, observing and conveying SSIS bundles
- Configured SQL mail operator for sending programmed messages when a SSIS bundle is fizzled or succeed
- Created questions for creating drill down reports in SSRS 2008. Organized the reports utilizing the Global factors, articulations and Functions
- Created Linked Servers to associate OLE DB information sources and suppliers
- Designed different reports utilizing diverse detailing highlights, for example, amass by and penetrate through and so on
- Created the Data source connections, Data Source Views, Relationships, Named Query for customized analysis in SSAS
- Involved in Analyzing, designing, building &, testing of OLAP cubes with SSAS and in adding calculations using MDX
Environment: SQL Server 2008, T-SQL, Excel, Microsoft SQL Reporting Services 2008 (SSRS), SSAS 2008, DTS, Windows Server 2008, MS Excel, MS Access, Power BI.
Confidential - Hartford, CT
- Developed SSIS (ETL) packages to validate, extract, transform and load data from OLTP system, DSR (Staging Database) to Data Warehouse
- Gathered report requirements and determined the best solution to provide the results in a Reporting Services
- Responsible for implementation of data viewers, SSIS Logging, error configurations for error handling the packages
- Created SSIS packages to extract and Scheduled Jobs to call the packages and Stored Procedure
- Responsible for performing T-SQL tuning and optimizing queries for reports which take longer time in execution with SQL Server 2012/2008.Developed Stored Procedures, Triggers, and SQL scripts for performing automation tasks
- Experience in report generation using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) from relational databases and OLAP cubes
- Involved in Huge data migrations, transfers using utilities like Data Transformation Services (DTS), and SSIS, Bulk Copy Program (BCP) and Bulk Insert
- Experience in building Data Integration, Workflow Solutions and Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) solutions for data warehousing using SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS)
- Develop and support ETL solutions using SSIS to migrate data from multiple legacy and operational systems to database warehouse solution developed around Microsoft SQL Server 2012 stack of technologies
- Implemented cell level security in cubes using MDX expressions to restrict users of one region seeing data of another region using SSAS.
- Created different types of SSRS reports like linked reports, tabular reports, charts, sub-reports, drill-down and various parameter based reports like drop down, Multi-Valued, Multi-select
- Developed custom ad-hoc reports by using Report Builder, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Provided assistance for optimization and performance tuning of DB2 SQL and stored procedures
- Involved migrating data from SQL server and tuning of the existing database objects to improve performance of the system
Environment: SQL Server 2012/2008 Enterprise Edition, T-SQL, Visual Studio, SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Visual basic, SQL Server Agent.
- Involved in Extraction, Transforming and Loading (ETL) data from different sources into various Business Entities using SSIS
- Extensively worked on various SSIS Tasks like Execute SQL Task, data flow task, file system tasks and Transformations like Derived Columns, Condition Split, Lookup, Merge Join etc. to generate underlying data for the reports and developed processes to identify the data errors and provided suggestions to resolve the data issues
- Implemented Dynamic Configurations mostly using XML files and SQL Server to deploy the packages into different environments
- Scheduled and maintained nightly and Monthly loads of data by creating the corresponding job task by using Scheduled Jobs to automate various processes
- Created Alerts for successful or unsuccessful completion of Scheduled Jobs
- Involved in creating and designing Tables, Views, Stored-procedures in supporting the business requirements
- Extensively used Joins, Sub-queries and temporary tables for complex queries involving multiple tables from different databases
- Created Indexes on selective columns to speed up queries and analyses in SQL Server Management Studio
- Robust MS Access and Excel skills with PivotTable, Pivot Chart, Lookup functions and formulas
- Optimized the SQL Queries using tools such as Profiler Trace, Execution Plan, SQL Trace, Database Engine Tuning Wizards etc. for efficiency and better performance
- Actively participated in interaction with users, team lead, DBAs and technical manager to fully understand the requirements of the system
- Helped EDW team with SSRS deployments and related cosmetic changes, at very short periods of notice
- Generating formatted SQL Server Reports by creating different kinds of reports like Parameterized, Tabular, Matrix, Drill down and Drill through reports using SSRS 2008 and Report Builder
- Working with production support team to provide quick fixes and converting frequently used production support scripts into stored procedures
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2008, MS Windows Server 2008, Visual Studio, ASP.NET, T-SQL, SQL Server Integration Services, Business Intelligence Development Studio 2008.