- Detail oriented, bilingual, Cassandra / Confidential Database Administrator Senior highly regarded for a solid background in Confidential Enterprise/Cassandra database management.
- Recognized for expertise in designing, managing multiple servers in multi - instance environments, backups and restores, troubleshooting, and proactive maintenance.
- Seen as adept at delivering complete application and operating systems’ support to diagnose and resolve unique, recurring problems.
- Known for strong technical knowledge of database programming and architecture, with expert project management skills, and ability to direct and manage all aspects to ensure on-time and under-budget delivery.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Project Planning/Execution Market Research Clients' Relation
- Team Design and Development Negotiation Communication
- Leadership Development Problem Solving Decision Making
- Conflict Management Risk Management Technical Innovation
- Budget Management Team Work Stakeholder Management
- Attention to Detail Organizational Skills Decision Making
- Administration Self - starter Quality Assurance
- Worked with business users to define user requirements and business rules; ensured overall solutions met SLA (performance and up-time), DR, and scalability.
- Developed the detailed data architectures that support the enterprise and defined the data standards for enterprise systems.
- Reviewed and assessed all major database designs for implementation feasibility, ensuring that data structure aligned with business goals, intended use, and flexibility of design.
- Tracked all tasks and deliverables throughout the phases of the project.
- Tuned Cassandra for efficient operation using multiple views into system metrics, including OS stats, GC logs, JMX, Opscenter, and cassandra-stress.
- Implement and deploy LDAP Security in Confidential Enterprise 4.8.8 and Apache Cassandra
- Built a search Server with DSE Search SOLR and Elastic Search.
- Upgrading DSE search with Solr and DSE Cassandra cluster from 4.6 to 4.8.8.
- Migration application installed from oracle to Cassandra
- Expertise in system design and development required for business process.
- Good problem - solving ability and analytic skill to solve the problem efficiently.
- Good team player and have excellent interaction skill to coordinate and work with team.
- Design, develop and implement complete life cycle of data warehouses.
- Ensure compliance of standards and conventions in developing programs.
- Resolve and troubleshoot complex issues.
- Design database Backup and Restoration Strategy.
- Performs general DBA duties (install software, create databases, table spaces, add redo log files, managing storage & work closely with Sr. DBA on capacity planning and performance tuning.
- Excellent analytical Skills
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Process Improvement
- Customer Focus
- Highly Inquisitive
OPERATING SYSTEM: Sun Solaris, HPUX, IBM AIX, Linux RedHat, Centos and Windows Server
CLOUD TECHNOLOGIES: Amazon AWS EC2, Google Cloud,Microsoft Azure Cloud
SEARCH: DSE Search with Solr, ElasticSearch
DATABASE INTERFACING: Hadoop, Cloudera and HBASE
BIG DATA AND HADOOP: Hadoop (IBM Certification in Big Data and Hadoop) HDFS, Mapredure, YARN, Hbase, Pig, Hive, Apache Flume, Apache Sqoop, Apache Oozie, Impala, Apache Zookeeper, CDH4, Cloudera, AWR EC2
VERSION CONTROL SYSTEM: Git
DATABASE DEPLOYMENT: Puppet, Chef
Agile/Scrum environment: Hbase, Mongodb, Cassandra, Couchdb, cassandra in Confidential enterprise, Solr in Confidential enterprise, Elastic search, Oracle 9i/10g, 11g, 12i, REAL APPLICATION CLUSTER, Oracle Golden Gate, Data guard, Sybase ASE, ASE REPLICATION SERVER, SYBASE IQ
DATABASE PROCESSES: Database tuning and designing, Database security and recovery
PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES: T-SQL, SQL, PL/SQL, Unix Shell, Java, Json, Python, Pig Latin, HiveQL, CQL
Application Performance Monitoring tools: AppDynamics
Scripting language: Python, Shell Unix/Linux power user
Confidential, Cincinnati, OH
- Deployment, implementation and deployment of different data model for Cassandra, Confidential Search with Solr and Confidential Analytics with Spark.
- Migration production cluster to new cluster and increasing production cluster to 55 nodes.
- Maintenance, administration, performance tuning of cluster of 55 nodes with 165 TB of data.
- Implementation of backup/restore of 165 TB on the cluster of 55 nodes.
- Manage database operation and architecture and provide performance and capacity planning to increase database efficiency by 99.99 % for 600 end users.
- Perform software installation and configuration, patches, and upgrades to ensure maximum availability of 99.9% by using shell script.
- Enhance connectivity and security to reduce security incidents by 5%.
- Conduct database backup and recovery to increase overall end-user productivity by 99.99 %.
- Troubleshoot the system, Cassandra nodes, cluster and use monitoring and management tools to ensure maximum operational efficiency by using Opscenter, Grafana.
Cassandra architect with Hadoop/Cloudera
Confidential, Maryland Heights, MO
- Migrated the database system to reduce the service level agreement (SLA) from 10 minutes to 2 seconds to boost the user experience for 23 million end users.
- Supported efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience, increasing satisfaction ratings by 30%.
- Designed, Maintained and administered computing environments, including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations to boost end-user productivity by 60%.
- Recommended changes to improve systems and network configurations by 70% and determined hardware or software requirements related to the changes.
Cassandra Database Administrator
Confidential, Monroe, NC
- Participated in the definition of both functional and non-functional requirements of a system and defines the development strategy, standards and support tools.
- Developed high level designs and plans and estimate the amount of effort required to deliver on time and budget.
- Architecture, implementation and Monitor availability and performance of production and development Cassandra Databases and servers.
- Installed new database releases and related software tools to evaluate in CI environment, eventually promote to production.
- Apply software patches and upgrades to server software for Cassandra Database to stay in compliance with security standards and performance.
- Plan database and server level capacity according to statistics and user requests.
- Work through disaster recovery plans with other groups and departments.
NoSQL (Cassandra) & RDBMS Database Administrator
- Data Modeling, Setup- Confidential Enterprise on Multiple Data Centers configuration.
- Configuration Vnodes and Single-Token Nodes.
- Managing Cassandra and Adding Nodes, Adding, Removing, Decommission, Move Nodes.
- Cleanup, Backup and recovery, Performance and Tuning.
- Served as Apache Cassandra database administrator, installing, managing, maintaining and performance tuning.
- Migrated high-volume OLTP transactions from Oracle to Apache Cassandra.
- Served as Oracle, Sybase, and SQL server database administrator, performing system management, troubleshooting, performance and tuning, and backup functions.
- Drove successful version migration of Sybase data servers in development, user acceptance testing, and production environments, including currency application tracking more than $14 billion in daily financial transactions.
- Performed daily DBA management tasks including troubleshooting, performance and tuning, database monitoring and backup/recovery with Oracle, Sybase, and SQL Server.