- Experienced working on Agile Projects with Multiple Sprints cycles and Scrum meetings
- Experienced using Agile Project management tools like Trello and JIRA
- Hands on experience working on Waterfall Projects with full SDLC
- Experience in creating database, tables, indexes, complex queries, stored procedures, views, triggers, user defined functions, temp tables, complex joins, T - SQLMS SQL Server / 2008/2012/2008 R2/2016
- Hands on experience on identifying and resolving performance issues using SQL Profiler, Database Tuning Advisor, DBBC commands and Execution Plans.
- Experienced in building parameterized stored procedures to support application team
- Experienced in converting functional requirements into T-SQL Scripts and materialized views
- Experienced in Dimensional Data modeling including Start and Snow Flake Schema
- Well versed implementing Slowly changing dimensional using SSIS Package
- Experienced in denormalization process and grain identification
- Experienced in writing T-SQL Script to sync staging Data to Dim and Fact tables
- Expertise in Creating, Reports through SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Experienced in configuring and managing Report Subscriptions
- Excellent in building C-Level Dashboards using Power BI
- Well versed in configuring and managing Dataset refresh on Power BI Service
- Hands on experience managing in users on Report Server and Power BI Service
- Hands on experience configuring Power BI workspace
- Well versed on building SSIS Packages for file management and Data Flow
- Excellent in building SSIS packages to integrate data from various sources into a DW
- Strong Experience in Creating, Configuring, Deploying and Testing SSIS Packages
- Experienced in Data Profiling and Transformations using SSIS
- Excellent problem-solving ability, skill to work in team, efficient in organizing and leading
TECHNOLOGY AND TOOLS:
Database - MS SQL Server: Data Warehousing, T SQL Scripting
ETL - SSIS, Import and Export: SSIS Package development and implementation
Reporting - SSRS, Power BI, Tableau: Report and Dashboard
Modeling - Oracle SQL Modeler: Relational and Dimensional Data Model
Collaboration- Slack, WebEx: Remote work and Team Collaboration
Project Management - Trello: Agile and Water Fall
MS Office: Excel, Power Point, Word, Access DB
Visualization - Power BI, Tableau: Dashboards and Stories
Database Tuning Advisor: Database Performance
SQL Profiler: SQL Server Performance
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Created SSIS packages to migrate data from different data sources to data warehouse.
- Successfully extracted transformed and load data into data warehouse.
- Created packages by testing and cleaning the Standardized Data by using tools in Data Flow Transformations (Data Conversion, Export Column, Merge join, Sort, Union all, Conditional Split and more) for existing/new packages and huge CSV file import from different data sources and other ongoing tasks for mapping.
- Extensively designed the packages and data mapping using Control flow task, Sequence container task, Dataflow Task, Execute SQL Task, Data conversion task, Derived Column task and Script Task in SSIS Designer.
- Scheduled SSIS packages for running monthly and weekly feeds from various guarantors and multiple servers and resources.
- Involved in enhancing and deploying the SSIS Packages from development server to production server.
- Involved in Designing and deploying cubes in SSAS environment using Snowflake and Star Schema Designs for the operational data.
- Designed, deployed, and maintained of various SSRS Reports in SQL Server 2012.
- Wrote Parameterized Queries for generating Tabular reports and Sub reports using Expressions, and Functions, Sorting the data, Defining Data sources and Subtotals for the reports using SSRS 2012.
- Defined report layouts including report parameters and wrote queries for drill down reports using SSRS 2012.
- Developed complex reports using multiple data providers, user defined objects, aggregate aware objects, charts, and synchronized queries.
- Responsible for the Performance tuning of the SQL Commands with the use of the SQL Profiler and Database Engine Tuning Wizard
- Installed and Configured SQL Server Active/Active and Active/Passive clusters. Monitored Scheduled jobs and alerts.
Confidential, Bethesda, MD
ETL/MS SQL Server Developer
- Designed Data Warehouse schemas such as star schema and snowflake by using Oracle Data Molder
- Developed ETL workflows to load data into Dim and Fact tables using SSIS Package
- Extracted data from diverse data sources such as CSV, Excel and Text file from Client servers and FTP
- Used FTP to transfer large volumes of data to and from different servers.
- Deployed reports created report schedules and subscriptions. Managing and securing reports using SSRS.
- Developed a thorough knowledge by working on Full Life Cycle of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) phases namely Analysis, Design, Coding and Testing
- Developed and deployed SSIS packages using proper control and data flow elements with error handling.
- Enhanced and deployed SSIS Packages from development server to production server
- Identified and resolved issues related to SSIS package configuration and deployment.
- Maintained data integrity by performing data validation checks.
- Wrote complex T-SQL queries and used in stored procedures and triggers and modified existing ones.
- Developed C level visualization such as Dashboards and Reports using Power BI
- Deployed Power BI reports and Dashboards to Power BI Service.
- Created and Managed Power BI new and traditional workspaces
- Scheduled dataset refresh on Power BI Service
Confidential, Nashville, TN
SQL Server Developer/SSIS/SSRS
- Responsible for creating Databases, Tables, Cluster/Non-Cluster Index, Unique/Check Constraints Views, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Rules and Defaults.
- Created DTS packages for the data cleansing/transfer and transformation.
- Used SSIS to unite data from existing system and performed transformations on MS SQL 2008-R2.
- Used various transformation components in the data flow task to implement business logic.
- Used various tasks in control flow and data flow to cleanse and filter duplicates in tables.
- Configured SSIS packages using Package configuration wizard to allow package run on different environments.
- Created custom and Ad hoc reports using SSRS.
- Created complex variables, multiple breaks, sorts in the reports.
- Created Tabular and Matrix reports using SSRS.
- Developed multiple reports using reporting services.
- Creating functions and developing procedures for implementing application functionality at the database side for performance improvement.
- Creating and Modifying T-SQL stored procedures/triggers for validating the integrity of the data.
- Created Packages in both DTS and SSIS
- Created ETL package for data conversion using various transformations tasks.
- Created Stepped and Block reports using SSRS
- Experience in building star schema and snowflake schema depending on the business data requirement.
- Involved in complete SDLC, which includes requirement gathering, analysis, design, development, implementation.