- Having 5+ Years of IT experience as a SQL SERVER DBA with various Industries in MS SQL SERVER 2016/ 2014/2012/2008/2005/2000 on Windows environment.
- Experience in working on all activities related to installing, configuring, managing, Monitoring and troubleshooting SQL Server 2000 , SQL Server 2005, SQL Server 2008, SQL Server 2008R2, SQL Server 2012 and SQL Server 2014/16.
- Good working experience in maintaining SQL Server Active/Passive cluster environment.
- Experience in migration from MS SQL Server 2000, 2005 to MS SQL Server 2008, 2008 R2,2012 and 2014/16
- Experience in implementing different types of Replication models like Snapshot, Merge and Transactional.
- Intensive experience in Performance Tuning and monitoring SQL Server and database performance using SQL Server DMV Queries, Database Tuning Advisor, SQL Profiler, Index Tuning Wizard, Rebuild/reorganize indexing and Windows Performance Monitor.
- Successfully configured Always on High availability group for disaster recovery in 2014 Enterprise version.
- Successfully tested and implemented Log Shipping Technique used for warm backup solution for MS SQL Server 2000, MS SQL Server 2005, MS SQL Server 2008, 2012.
- Experience in MS SQL Server 2000 and 2005 installation with latest service pack, configuration, performance tuning, client/server connectivity, query optimization, Database Maintenance plans, Database Consistency Checks using DBCC.
- (24 x 7), QA and Development databases in SQL Server. Strong DBA experience in 24x7 Call Center environments and Production environments with thorough understanding of Standard Operation Procedures (SOP) and Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Extensive experience in Capacity planning, Disaster Recovery, troubleshooting backup and restore procedures.
- Experience in implementing and configuring various RAID 1 - 5 & 10 technologies.
- Created Database users, controlling access to SQL Server and making sure right people get access to right data and looking after security issues.
- Overall database design, such as creating normalized databases, authentication, query tuning, assigning proper indexes, creating stored procedures, functions, triggers and data types.
- Experience in creating packages, Jobs, Sending Alerts using SQL Server Agent.
- Extensive knowledge in Tuning SQL queries & improving the performance of the Database.
- Experience in migration of Data from Excel, Flat file, Oracle to MS SQL Server by using BCP, DTS and SSIS.
- Creation and maintenance of Databases, creating Roles and managing user permissions.
- Good experience in resolving blocking and Dead lock Issues by using SQL commands.
- Experience working in Production support including weekend and Change control support over nights.
- Documented disaster recovery plans and participated in disaster recovery drills.
- Monitoring SQL Server job logs to ensure the backup operations, batch commands, or other scripts and processes have completed successfully.
- Monitoring Dashboard Reports for Performance Tuning and finding bottleneck in DB.
- A well-organized, goal-oriented, highly motivated effective team member with excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working with third party tool like Litespeed, Idera, Spotlight and Red Gate.
Confidential, Silver spring, MD
SQL Server DBA
- Installed and configured editions of SQL Server 2005, 2008,2012 on Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2008R2, 2012.
- Successfully migrated from SQL Server 2000, 2005 to SQL Server 2008, 2008 R2 on Development, Testing and Production Environment.
- Converted all existing DTS package of MS SQL 2005 to SSIS packages by using package migration wizard and Deployed new Package in different Server.
- Migrated new database structures, such as tables, indexes and stored procedures from development to the production environment.
- Worked actively on the Clustered Environment.
- Monitored database system details within the database, including stored procedures and execution time and implement efficiency improvements.
- Development of automated daily, weekly and monthly system maintenance tasks such as database backup, replication verification, Mirroring, database integrity verification, indexing and statistics updates.
- Redesign of database architecture with help of Microsoft Database development group and internal staff to increase application concurrency and performance.
- Implemented transactional replication to enhance the failover capabilities increased over all database manageability and improved performance.
- Worked actively on the Clustered Environment.
- Implementing different Development and Test Server instances for the Application Development Team and to co-ordinate Development and Testing Environments and keep them updated.
- Daily support, troubleshooting, monitoring, optimization and tuning of server and SQL server environments across entire system.
- Creating logins and roles with the appropriate permissions.
- Optimized the Disk space for performance using RAID and SAN.
- Monitoring & Analysis of SQL Log, Performance counters and Performance Tuning for the production environment.
- Responsible for resolving blocking and locking issues.
- Successfully implemented database mirroring between Principal Server, Mirror Server and Witness Server.
- Implemented log shipping in standby mode to support DR servers.
- Maintained and configured the websites in IIS 6.0.
- Provided 24 X 7 dedicated supports for SQL Server production server.
Environment: Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Edition, Microsoft Windows 2003 Server, Microsoft SQL Server 2005, 2008, 20082, 2012 Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services, Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services, Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services, IIS 6.0, Microsoft OFFICE 2003.
Jr. SQL Server DBA
- Installed and administered SQL Server 2000, 2005, 2008, 2008 R2 on Windows Server 2000, 2003, 2008, 2008R2
- Hands on experience working on SQL Servers Inventory on the Network.
- Designed and developed logical and physical layers of the various databases.
- Optimized database performance and use of resources, including selecting optimal physical implementations of databases.
- Experienced on database migration from SQL Server 7.0, 2000 R2.
- Providing 24*7 supports to SQL application developers in implementing the applications on production server.
- Monitored user accounts, user permissions, database extents, table partitions and backup.
- Worked actively on the 2 Node active-active and active-passive multiple instances Clustered Environment.
- Experience in Installation of SSRS. Hands on generating different types of Reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Created SSIS packages for the extracting, transforming and loading the data from SQL Server 2005, flat files, Excel files, Access Database.
- Tuned stored procedures, triggers, views and adding/changing tables for data load and transformation, and data extraction.
- Development of automated daily, weekly and monthly system maintenance tasks such as database backup, Maintenance of database for different Servers, database integrity verification, indexing and statistics updates.
- Extensively used Enterprise Manager, Query Analyzer, and SQL Server Profiler.
- Performed application program enhancements, troubleshooting and bug fixes as required.
- Worked in team environment and participated in an on-call rotation schedule for production servers.
- Coordinated with the Sr. SQL Server DBA to implement any new feature that may boost the performance of the SQL Server Enviornment.
Environment: Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Edition, Microsoft Windows 2003, Microsoft SQL Server 2005, 2008, 2008 R2 and Reporting Services.