- 15+ years of IT experience covering the following areas:
- Relational database modeling and design (Oracle, DB2, Sybase)
- E - business solution architecture development and integration
- Network architecture development, Internet technologies
Operating Environments: UNIX (AIX, BSD, Linux), Windows serverIBM SoftLayer
Programming Languages: SQL (12y), PL/SQL (5y), T-SQL(2y), DB2 SQL Procedure Language(9y), C/C++, Java (5y), Perl (3y), UNIX Bourne, Korn shell
Development Tools: Rational Software Architect, Eclipse, Oracle Developer, Rapid SQL, Toad, dbVis
RDBMS: DB2 (12y), Oracle (5y), Sybase (2y), MS SQL (1y)
Software/Applications: DB2 Text, Network Search, Spatial Extenders, Autosys
Legacy: ADSM, Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM), Clipper
Internet technologies: TCP/IP, HTTP, HTML, CGI, LDAP, XML, SOAP, REST, Apache, Confidential IIS
Hardware: RS/6000, Intel-based servers, Confidential PC
Confidential, Florham Park, NJ
- Managed a large-scale database migration from Sybase and Oracle to DB2. The migration involved tasks related to moving database objects, writing new DB2 code ensuring compatibility for the new platform. Reviewing, extensive debugging, testing and fixing to make sure everything worked smoothly.
- Development of migration assessment tools in Java and T-SQL to extract existing database objects, find dependencies and make a scope of work assessment.
- Evaluation and testing of ANTs middleware for DB2/Sybase coupling
Confidential, Westford, MA
Database Engineer, consultant
- Data modeling and data architecture design.
- Data migration, transformation, replication, import/export.
- Writing business logic in Java and SQL PL for Confidential Distributed Software Product system, Price Book and Sales Quote Order system.
- Writing DB2 stored procedures, triggers and user-defined functions.
- Performance optimization, troubleshooting, debugging of database applications
- Writing script generators in Perl, bash scripting
Confidential, Poughkeepsie, NY
Software Engineer, consultant
- Implementation of multiple-customer e-business B2B hosting site. Database subsystems, backups and networking
- Data schema analysis and design, stored procedures and trigger development in ORACLE and DB2
- Logical and physical database planning, configuration, capacity estimating, performance optimization
- WebSphere Application Server installation, configuration and troubleshooting
- Java, shell, Perl programming and debugging
- Database backup system development using Tivoli software
- Network troubleshooting, including firewalls, VPN, routers
- Writing technical documentation.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Database Developer, consultant
- Performed business analysis of retail and wholesale business procedures to create DB architecture
- Developed and implemented a DBMS application. The application supported retail chain company business process: retail, inventory, accounting, financial and business analysis