- Over 5 years of experience in the IT Industry and worked on Tableau Desktop, Tableau Server and efficient in connecting various data sources.
- 6+ years of extensive Tableau Experience in Enterprise Environment, in Tableau including the latest version 2019.2/ 2019.1/2018.3/2018.2/10. x/ 9.x/8.x/7.x as a Developer and Admin.
- Actively involved in testing new/upgraded features like new Visualizations, Forecasting, Data Blending, Parallelized Dashboard, Hyperlink Objects, Color - coded tabs etc. in Tableau 10 desktop/Server.
- Outstanding knowledge& working experience of slice & dice Looker, Power BI & Cognos.
- Developed Tableau Data Extracts from the above mentioned data sources using Pentaho Data Integration ETL tool.
- Hands on learning with different ETL tools to get data in shape where it could be connected to Tableau through Tableau Data Extract.
- Hands-on with creating solution driven views and dashboards by developing different chart types including Heat Maps, Geo Maps, Symbol Maps, Pie Charts, Bar Charts, Tree Maps, Gantts, Circle Views, Line Charts, Area Charts, Scatter Plots, Bullet Graphs, and Histograms in Tableau Desktop.
- Experience with Level of Detail (LOD) expressions for cohort analysis and complex aggregations at different dimensional levels to provide deeper insights into the available data.
- Secured Tableau server on AWS to protect the Tableau environment using Amazon VPC, security group, AWS IAM and AWS Direct Connect.
- As a Tableau Administrator, specializing in Server Worker Nodes Installation & Configuration. Setting up Tableau Primary and Worker Nodes (drivers, patches, command line utilities, etc.)
- Disaster Recovery setup, including Backup Primary setup and configuration.
- Responsible to Deliver Proof of Concepts using AWS, understanding customer business requirement.
- Experience in the maintenance and scheduling of Tableau Data extracts using Tableau server and the Tableau Command utility.
- Strong Data modeling experience using ER diagram, Dimensional data modeling, Working knowledge of ODBC, OLEDB, T-SQL, SQL, PL/SQL, Teradata, Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages, Triggers, and scripting languages.
- Expert in configuring, designing, development, implementation and using Oracle pre-build RPD's (Financial, HR, Sales, Supply Chain and Order Management, Marketing Analytics, etc.) and ETL Mappings according to business requirements. Experienced in Oracle EBS R12 Financial.
- Well-versed with Microsoft Office Suite including Office365, Lync, MS Visio, MS Access, Project, Power Query, PowerPivot, DAX, SharePoint, and SharePoint Design..
- Experience in Configuring Interactive Dashboards with Drill-Down capabilities using Filters, sets, groups, calculated fields, parameters, bins, sorting etc. and Dashboard prompts.
- Hands on experience in SAS programming for extracting data from Flat files, Excel spreadsheets and external RDBMS ORACLE, Teradata tables using LIBNAME and SQL PASSTHRU facility, SQL, Cloudera Hadoop and Hive, Apache SOLR, MapReduce, Amazon Redshift.
- Extensive knowledge in various reporting objects like Facts, Attributes, Hierarchies, Transformations, filters, prompts, Calculated fields, Sets, Groups, Parameters etc., in Tableau.
- Experience in publishing Dashboards and presenting dashboards on web and desktop platforms to Tableau Server.
- Worked with the data architects and ETL team to finalize the data model and transformations for the data mart
ETL tools : SQL Loader, Informatica Power Center 8.1, 7.1, 6.2.
BI Tools: Python
Libraries: Tableau Desktop 10.x, Tableau Server, Tableau online, Tableau Public, Tableau Reader, SQL server reporting services (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL server Integrating Services(SSIS), Alteryx 11 Python, Spark, Scala, Panda, Numpy, Scipy, Pydoop, PySpark
Databases: SQL server, Oracle 8i,9i,10g, Teradata, SAP hana, Redshift, hadoop
Data Modeling: ER/Studio 3.5/4.0, Erwin 4.1
Web Servers: Apache web server, Microsoft IIS 4.0, Jboss 6.4
OS: Windows XP/03/07/10, OS X, Linux/Unix
Front-End Tools: Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel
Sr. Tableau Developer
Confidential, Conway, AR
- As Sr. Tableau Developer, primary activities included designing technology roadmap for Tableau; maintaining a team of two Tableau developers and developing the ensuring the delivery of product installation implementation development of insightful dashboards; serving as point of contact for Tableau related products to the business.
- Extensively worked on various Tableau desktop 2019.2/2019.1 versions, Tableau Desktop, Tableau Server, Tableau online and Tableau reader.
- Implemented workbooks to display Year to Date, Month to Date, Quarter to Date analysis for Operational expenses for IT leaders based on Accounts, and generated bullet graphs.
- Working closely with COO, CIO of the company, understanding the requirements of the business intensely and ensuring the delivery of the production.
- Created Adhoc reports to users in Tableau Desktop by connecting various data sources, multiple views and associated reports. Used Excel, flat files, CSV files to create Tableau Adhoc reports.
- Creating dataflow diagram and documenting the whole data movement process.
- Responsible for writing complete requirement document by interacting with the business directly to ascertain the business rules and logic. Writing high level and detail design documents.
- Make visualizations perform as well as possible by using the Data Engine, Extracts and using connection methods correctly.
- Created conditional filters and Actions links to filter the data on dashboard.
- Handle changes in the data source such as field addition, deletion or name changes.
- Publishing sheets and dashboards on server Using Tableau Desktop and tableau public
- Participate in weekly review meetings with the Technical Program Manager to discuss project Status, reports design and/or requirements.
- Combined multiple data sources using data blending in Tableau to keep track of sensor data, operator inputs, and real-time systems all in one dashboard.
- Mastered the ability to design and deploy rich graphic visualizations with Drill Down and Drop-down menu option and Parameterized views using Tableau.
- Experience in creating dashboards using calculations, groups, sets, parameters, calculated fields, and hierarchies.
- Experience in creating filters, quick filters, data source filters, global filters, context filters and user filters
- Extensive experience in creating Calculations (Hide Columns, Creating/using Parameters, Table Calculations, Totals) and Formatting (Annotations, Layout Containers, Mark Labels, Marks Card Changes, Rich Text Formatting,) using Tableau Desktop.
- Developed KPI's and dashboards based on reports, spreadsheets and charts.
- Performance tuning of Tableau server, workbooks and data sources and providing best practices for development and administration process.
- Troubleshooting the issues on Tableau server and creating archives of log files to user for troubleshooting issues.
- Extensively worked in creating Complex Filters and Calculated felids for Complex reports.
- Worked with Live Connections, Extract, Data Source Filters, Global Filters, Quick Filters, Parameters, Context Filters, Action Filters, Sets and Groups
- Created solution driven views and dashboards by developing different chart types including Heat Maps, Geo Maps, Symbol Maps, Pie Charts, Bubble Charts, Funnel Charts, Bar Charts (Horizontal, Stacked), Bullet Graphs, Area Charts, Scatter Plots, etc.
- Extensively built dashboards using techniques for guided analytics, interactive dashboard design, and visual best practices to convey the story inside the data using Tableau.
Environment: Tableau Desktop 2019.2/2019.1 , Tableau Server 2019.1, Tableau Online, Tableau Bridge, Tableau Prep, MS Office Suite, SQL, T-SQL, PL/SQL, Ms-Excel, Microsoft Analysis Services.
Sr. Tableau Developer
Confidential, San Antonio, TX
- As Sr. Tableau Developer, primary activities included designing technology roadmap for Tableau; product installation and implementation development of insightful dashboards; serving as SME point of contact for Tableau and delivery of solutions adhering to BI industry best practices.
- Solving P1 issues for the users in the production.
- Implemented row level security for the tableau dashboards and used various advanced table calculations for the dashboards.
- Created and maintained SOX documentation required for critical financial file systems.
- Mentored and trained less tenured Business Analysts for their development.
- Use tools such as SQL and Insync for investigation of issues and work closely with our Actuarial and Underwriting Customers.
- Created, maintained and queried relational database (MS Access). Understand and use SQL regularly for problem analysis.
- Experienced with reporting tools, software, and other applications, including SQL Database, Looker, Tableau and Salesforce dashboards (reports designing tool) and Data warehouse.
- Extensive practical knowledge in importing data for use in reporting software (Tableau & Looker) graphs, and flowcharts.
- Member of a team that created the proof of concept for the selection of the ETL tool (BI tool). Sat with vendors and evaluated vendor tools during the proof of concept.
- A member of the team that designed and created the infrastructure for a Data Store which was used for conversion and routing of information created outside of the company and moved to Safeco data source.
- Extensive knowledge in building Docker images and pushing those images into AWS ECR repository and Running the containers in AWS ECS.
- Created specifications for the conversion of data outside of Safeco into legacy data. Learned and understood complexities of outside systems and was able to convert into Safeco terms.
- Provided 24/7-production support for Tableau & Looker users on Ad-Hoc basis.
- Team member of the data warehousing initiative - conducted interviews with high level management about their data warehousing needs.
- Willingness to learn new technologies. Enjoy working on the technical side as well leading project efforts.
- Created incremental refreshes for data sources on Tableau Server.
- Created report schedules, data connections, projects, groups in Tableau Server.
- Implemented action filters, parameters, calculated filed and set for preparing dashboards and worksheets in Tableau.
- Created Tableau scorecards, dashboards using stack bars, bar graphs, scattered plots, geographical maps, Gantt charts using show me functionality.
- Created solution driven dashboards by developing different chart types including Crosstab's, Heat/Geo/Tree Maps, Pie/Bar Charts, Circle Views, Line/Area Charts, Scatter Plots, Bullet Graphs, and Histograms in Tableau Desktop.
- Involved in testing the SQL, Look ml in Looker & Snowflake DB Scripts.
- Design interactive dashboards in Tableau Desktop and published them to Tableau Server.
- Strong presentation skills
- Attention to detail and quality.
- Ability to work independently and deliver around tight timelines.
- Coordinate with multiple technology teams on production releases and related administrative tasks.
- Able to thrive in an environment that requires flexibility and multi-tasking.
Environment: Tableau Desktop 2019.2/2019.1 /2018.x/10.5, Tableau Server 2019.1, Looker (Look ml Development/Desktop/ Admin, Server), MS Office Suite, SQL, T-SQL, PL/SQL,Ms-Excel, MDX, DAX, OLAP Cubes, Microsoft Analysis Services.
Sr. Tableau Developer
Confidential, Houston, Texas
- Created Tableau dashboards using stack bars, bar graphs, scattered plots, geographical maps, Gantt charts etc. using show me functionality.
- Created interactive data visualizations in Tableau, using relational and aggregate data sources.
- Created complex dashboard using parameters, sets, groups and calculations and drill down and drill up in worksheets and customization using filters and actions.
- Experienced in developing Web Services with Python programming language.
- As a Tableau SME, responsible for the design, development and production support of interactive data visualizations used across the company.
- Blended data from multiple databases into one report by selecting primary keys from each database for data validation.
- Provide Support to Business users in Business Objects Reporting.
- Identify areas of opportunity to improve ROI of marketing activities by analyzing customer behavior.
- Implemented metrics, filters, reports, dashboards and also created advanced chart types, using calculations to manipulate the data and enable user driven parameters for visualizations and drilled down level of detail using sets.
- Developed interactive views with action/highlight filters to track-manage-correct system entry errors which provided strategic insights to Finance leaders, that helped decrease the faulty inputs into their projects software.
- Implement complex formulas, calculations & Level of detail (LOD) within Tableau to meet the needs of complex business logic.
- Created advance connections, join new tables, create & manage Extract and Monitor Queries using SQL Assistant.
- Gathered and analyzed the requirement to replicate the ECC content in HANA using data provisioning.
- Involved in gathering the requirements, collecting sample data, created models (Attribute views/Analytic views/ Calculation view) using SAP HANA Studio, created universes using IDT, create reports using
- SAP BO Tools - Webi, Crystal Reports for Enterprise.
- Working on migrating legacy, on premise applications on various cloud platforms like Azure, AWS. Experience in Implementation of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery and other tooling as needed to support internal and customer development efforts to implement the solutions.
- Created Technical specifications and standard modeling documents for HANA.
- SAP SLT configuration for real time reporting from ECC system.
- Building models in HANA Enterprise like Attribute Views/Analytic Views & Calculation Views
- Scheduled data refresh on Tableau Server for weekly and monthly increments based on business change to ensure that the views and dashboards were displaying the changed data accurately.
- Designed and developed ETL routines, using Informatica Power Center within the Informatica Mappings, usage of Lookups, Aggregator, Mapplets, connected and unconnected stored procedures / functions / Lookups, SQL overrides usage in Lookups and source filter usage in Source qualifiers and data flow management into multiple targets using Routers were extensively done.
- Tested dashboards to ensure data was matching as per the business requirements and if there were any changes in underlying data.
- Connected Tableau to various databases and performed live data connections, query auto updates on data refresh.
Environment: Tableau Desktop 2018.2/2018.1/10.5/10.3 , Tableau Server 10.3, MS Office Suite, SQL Server, PL/SQL, Informatica, Teradata, MS Excel.
Tableau Developer and Administrator
Confidential, Detroit, Michigan
- Built Strategic, Analytical and operational dashboards using Tableau.
- Created Relationships, actions, data blending, filters, parameters, hierarchies, calculated fields, sorting, groupings, live connections, and in-memory in both Tableau and excel.
- Created customized reports using various chart types like text tables, bar, pie, tree maps, heat maps, line charts, pivot tables, combination charts in excel and Tableau.
- Worked on Motion chart, Bubble chart, Drill down analysis using Tableau desktop.
- Involved in created stored procedures, views, and custom SQL queries to import data from SQL server to Tableau.
- Worked extensively with Advance analysis Actions, Calculations, Parameters, Background images, Maps.
- Tested reports and uploaded Tableau dashboards on to server and provided production support for Tableau users.
- Created Advance connections, join new tables, create & manage Extract and Monitor Queries using SQL Assistant.
- Successfully Performed Installations and Configurations of BO XI 3.X and Bi 4.0 on server.
- Installed SAP BI 4.0 and configured with existing SAP BW 7.3 environment in sandbox,
- Enabled SSO authentication between SAP BW and Bi 4.0
- Configured BI 4.0 environment with SAP and Windows authentications.
- Clustered the BI 4 servers to improve the performance.
- Successfully enabled SSO between BW 7.3 and BI 4.0
- Developed Advanced Analysis Reports over Bex queries on top of BW 7.3 environment.
- Configured BICS connection in SAP BI 4.0 Information Design tool
- Created OLAP data sources in BI 4 CMC for AA reports
- Developed parameter and dimension based reports, drill-down reports, matrix reports, charts, and Tabular reports using Tableau Desktop.
- Responsible to Deliver Proof of Concepts using AWS, understanding customer business requirement.
- Secured Tableau server to protect the Tableau environment, security group and AWS Direct Connect.
- Developing various tableau dashboards prototype for the future uses and conversion of current excel reports into tableau.
- Extensive experience in Salesforce.com Setup, Configuration, Customization, Administration, Data Migration and Integration tools like Apex Data Loader, Work Bench.
- Ensure user login access, server level, and database level access to application users and developers.
- Connecting and extraction to different data sources including Teradata, MS SQL Server, flat files using ODBC driver installation on the tableau server machines.
- Creating daily, weekly and monthly reports in Cognos for the internal teams and external vendors.
- Addressing the Performance and other Production issues with the Cognos reports.
- Best practices to enhance the response time of tableau dashboards and speed for the embedded dashboards.
- Tableau administration and development roles and helping the client with the issues of data connections, extraction and maintenance.
- Tableau server and desktop upgrade from 8.3 to 9.0.
Environment: Desktop 8.3/9.0, Tableau Server, Cognos 10.2, MS Office Suite, SQL Server, PL/SQL, R Programming, Teradata, SAS, Hadoop, MS Excel.