- Software professional with 12+ years of Information Technology experience in various domains such as Manufacturing, Retail & Hospitality, Healthcare and application development areas and Project Management.
- Leading and managing projects involving diverse technologies.
- Proven expertise in systems analysis and troubleshooting, quality control, scheduling and planning, and tracking of results.
- Proven experience in executing projects involving Mainframe and AS400.
- Solid SQL skills can write complex SQL queries and stored procedures for development.
- Strong understanding of Software Development Life Cycle from design to development, Testing, implementation, QA and production support.
- Extensive experience in software development methodologies including both Agile and Waterfall models.
- Providing overall application health metrics and root cause analysis for the problems in application periodically.
- Experience in tracking and using defect reporting software’s tools such as HP Quality Center.
- Create project plans for the entire project team using Microsoft Project Planner and tracked the entire phase of the project starting from requirements gathering till implementation.
- Setting Goals and conducting performance appraisals for the team.
- Self - driven and self-motivated person with great communication and presentation skills.
- Expert in the Stores System, Merchandising & Marketing, Central Pricing and Inventory, WMS processes, Manufacturing and Healthcare Systems.
- Comfortable working as a member of integrated team as well as independently.
SUMMARY OF SKILLS:
Technologies: Mainframe, AS400
Programming Languages: JCL, COBOL, COBOL/400, CL/400, PL/1, RPG
Middleware: CICS (remtohost), MQ Series, LIFT
Management Tools: Microsoft Visio, BMC Remedy, Change Management, ServiceNow
Databases: DB2, DB2400, MS Access
Operating systems: OS390, OS400
Testing Tools: HP Quality Center
Other Tools/Utilities: SQL, ROBOT, SDA, RLU, CA 7 Scheduler, IBM RAD for Z systems, WinSQL, ETL, Teradata SQL assistant, INSIGHT for DB2
Source Control: Endevor (Mainframe), NETRON Fusion
Debugging Tools: Expeditor
Confidential, Charlotte, NCSoftware Developer
- Develop/support custom plant and office applications for use in Manufacturing.
- Create/maintain system designs, develop/support primarily COBOL (iSeries - AS/400) based applications, and create system documentation to help meet manufacturing goals.
- Interaction with .Net, SAP and Hybris as part of FlexNAP System migration.
- Develop online screens using SDA for FlexNAP application based upon Manufacturing and Business needs, and resolve the issues or incidents raised by Engineers and Quality Team working at the site.
- Write complex SQL queries to get the customized data for Business users and Planners in Manufacturing and generate detailed report.
- Work on various Label design including customer labels, production labels, packaging labels, component labels and manufacturing reports.
- Create Printer files having printer commands and Report Layout using RLU, that interfaces with the COBOL code to generate the required Labels and Reports.
- Maintain spool files and send them to appropriate OUTQ or Email-Specification definition, using Broderick Spool Organizer.
- Work on FTP’s to send/receive files in CSV, XML formats to/from explorer and winder database systems in manufacturing sites.
- Manage existing manufacturing Screens developed using AS400, troubleshooting and maintenance requirements to support daily FlexNAP operations
- Work on server navigation and perform server activities like accessing printers, activity logs, services, starting/stopping printers and services.
- Work on new FlexNAP configurator system that is built using Hybris and validate the data flowing to the AS400 system from Hybris/SAP.
- Schedule and Monitor jobs using ROBOT tool on FlexNAP applications
- Develop new systems and implement changes to existing FlexNAP systems based on changes in the environment, internal and/or changing customer requirements.
- Develop system documentation and materials for FlexNAP applications.
- Test and refine application fixes based on customer/engineer feedback.
- Work with End users, Business Team, Engineering team, Technicians, and IT resources from manufacturing sites on help desk requests and issues in FlexNAP applications.
- Customize and send reports from AS/400 system based on business requirements.
- Coordinate with Planning and Production team working from different work stations to resolve production issues.
- Coordinate with Quality Team to resolve labeling issues, modify system and deploy code.
Confidential, Mooresville, NCSoftware Developer
- Impact analysis on the affected systems and providing tangible Estimates for individual components to be changed as a part of the project.
- Working closely with client managers and technical leads to give solutions to the business needs/requirements.
- Having brain storming sessions with technical architects to identify the best solution and to present them to the client’s business team for approval.
- Analyzing the impacted components, identifying the changes and provide feasible solution for the design.
- Interacting with all the integration teams (ESB, MQ, Lowes.com, and Sterling) for the mapping documents and to be in sync with other teams within the project.
- Coordinating with DA’s and DBA’s to create new table in the database. Identifying the key fields to be a part of the table, sending the field details, getting it approved by DA and finalizing the table structure.
- Thinking of possible key values and Creating INDEX to the table with the help of DBA to improve the performance.
- Getting waiver from security team for any secured data to be sent out of Confidential ’s and following standards (ENCRYPTION PROCESS) to encrypt the critical data before sending.
- Working with LIFT/MQ team to finalize the layout of the inbound/outbound files from stores to mainframe.
- Building Interfaces, tables after getting approvals from appropriate channels and by submitting the request forms to concerned team.
- Conducting design walkthrough sessions with Technical expertise in the particular application and getting the design approved.
- Working on the high level and detail level design documents and getting them approved by business and client SME’s.
- Gained in-depth knowledge in Pricing & Promotions, Coupon Management systems and Card Processing Systems.
- Interacted with business to finalize the design change and to make the code flexible to satisfy customer needs.
- Worked in High Level Java screen design and Helped Java developer by providing queries (SQL) used to fetch the information in the screen from Mainframe database.
- Improved system performance by optimizing the queries and brought the system into a saturated level which was highly appreciated by DBA’s.
- Recognized and appreciated by client managers and technical leads for my presentation skills and providing workable solutions for business requirements.
Confidential, Mooresville, NCSoftware Developer
- Worked in application and maintenance support and provided 24*7 supports for store systems.
- Resolved all incidents and Problem Investigation (PBI’s) related to stores-mainframe part of selling/Central Processing & Inventory application.
- Had hands on experience in Sales system, Returns system, Historical Sales System (HSS), Central Processing and Inventory systems (CP&I), Order Management Systems (OMS) and Distributed Order Management Systems (DOM).
- Monitored all production jobs related to Confidential ’s store mainframe, taken care of job abends and resolved them as quick as possible.
- Performance tuning and optimizing queries to improve system performance.
- Helping Siebel support team by monitoring long running queries in their applications and providing solutions to make the query efficient.
- Responsible for enhancements and maintenance activities within stores mainframe application.
- Conducted knowledge transition sessions with build team and started supporting new modules rolled out in production.
- Worked on emergency fixes and moved mainframe components to production in emergency package for any production abends or program changes.
- Collaborated with business to explain the functionalities related to store applications .
- Interacted with client SME’s to discuss on the long-term fixes for any recurring incidents and applied them in production with business approvals.
- Worked on service requests asked by business users and completed their tasks in short span of time.
- Investigated the problems within the store systems, analyzed the root cause, found the appropriate solution and fixed them quickly.
Confidential, Mooresville, NCSoftware Developer
- Expert in Returns functionality developed as a part of flexible fulfilment, Point of contact for all the functionalities related to the project and helped teams across in several queries and impact analysis.
- Had in-depth knowledge in the architecture of sales database, returns database and historical sales database and had hands on experience in working on the Sales system, Returns system, Historical Sales System (HSS), Order Management Systems (OMS) and Distributed Order Management Systems (DOM).
- Successfully handled three implementations and gave quick turnaround in solving critical production issues.
- Interacted with business for new enhancements to make the code flexible to satisfy customer needs.
- Took ownership of the system in giving workable solutions for design change and involved in activities such as CRQ creation, CAB approvals, working with DA’s and DBA’s to deliver quality codes.
- Improved the performance of the system by optimizing the queries and brought the system into a saturated level which was highly appreciated by DBA’s.
- Gave proper and tangible estimates through estimation methodologies which had high degree of focus on achieving the estimated tasks.
- Worked on component based design and high quality coding standards, incorporating performance aspects with futuristic view giving very little room for rework or defects.
- Managed team of 4 members, assigning tasks and tracking them.
- Worked with testing team members in test plan, defect fixing and in customizing the jobs as per the test environment.
- Prepared handover document and help manuals having the technical description of the entire system which acted as a key for the business users and support teams.
- Responsible for the entire SDLC from analysis & design to implementation & support.
- Actively involved in impact analysis, project estimations and design for the proposed module to be developed.
- Worked on the high level and detail level designs, visualized the overall project flow and flow diagrams of individual modules in Microsoft Visio.
- Worked with Horizontal Leads/team members to ensure adherence to timelines .
- Interacted with onsite counterpart daily to get the business requirements and to propose workable solutions for the same.
- Managed the team of 4 members and guided them in all project related activities in technical and business aspects.
- Mentored team members in the team and made them productive within a short span of time.
- Preparing the low level and high level design strategy documents.
- Involved in the coding of various modules which involved various complex logic.
- Designed various AS400 screens for satisfying the scope of the project.
- Involved in detail design, coding and unit testing for the report generation.
- Involved in various testing and debugging activities for various complex modules and prepared Unit test Plans and Results in a detailed manner to cover all the requirements.
- Worked on QA abends and defect fixing.
- Involved in production support and worked for the successful completion of the project.
- Recognized by the Client for successfully implementing the group modules.
- Involved in requirement gathering, High Level Design, Detail design, and unit test case document preparation.
- Project involved 40 member team, out of which worked as a part of a core team that handled the most critical modules i n the project reporting straight to the senior manager.
- Involved in online screen design programs in COBOL400.
- Worked on the design, coding and unit testing for the online screens.
- Designed stored procedures to interact with the .Net modules.
- Coordinated with testing team during system and integration testing .
- Responsible for pre-implementation tasks such as turn over document creation, performance tuning and package creation.
- Responsible for the on time delivery of the offshore team with good code quality.
- Responsible for the entire SDLC from analysis & design till implementation & support.
- Worked in a new tool NETRON and on stored procedures.
- Involved in coding and unit testing for stored procedures.
- Involved in integration testing for stored procedures and worked for the successful completion of the project.
- Test case preparation and review.
- Production execution support.
- Worked in Policy Entry and Reporting System.
- Customer and control information (including the Account, Plan, and Benefit details) are entered manually in remediated PERS.
- Data entered in PERS is validated in Remediated CCI (WEB CCI)
- Involved in execution of test cases and entering the test results in QC.
- Involved in creating high level and detail design documents.
- Designed efficient queries (used in COBOL program) for extracting related data from the required data tables for generating the reports.
- Worked in VSAM files and mainframe utilities like file aid, Changeman and QMF (Query Management Facility).
- Worked on extensive Unit testing to ensure bug free code delivery.