IT Global Product Support/Technical Consultant
- Provide MES, ERP, SAP support for our global technology partners/customers providing a unified approach for sustained manufacturing excellence across all operations.
- Confidential ’s Advanced Shop Floor Management Technology harmonizes all manufacturing operations from the top, to the shop floor and across the global supply chain and enterprise creating the transparent factory environment.
- Supporting our national and international customers in the areas of maintenance, service and support. Handling customer inquiries and solving first and second - level support problems as a member of the global help desk.
- Conducting continuous improvement of support procedures and processes. Participating in after hours on call for high priority issues as required.
- Provide SQL and Oracle database support for our customers. Writing new queries for supporting Confidential ’s shop floor management technology. Maintaining the database performance using SSMS, SSRS, SSIS.
- Using Atlassian Jira for ticketing system product support requests/changes, product implementation, problem management, and all service desk related needs for our customers.
MS SQL DBA Administrator
Confidential, Cincinnati, OH
- Efficiency with using Microsoft Dynamics GP that provided the Darwin and DarwiNet interfaces for our clients, troubleshooting and providing training on the products to assist PEO and ASO run businesses efficiently and productively.
- Maintaining the database performance using SSMS, SSRS, SSIS.
- Interacted with PEO and ASO clients using Confidential products, password resets, maintaining Active Directory, and troubleshooting all client related issues to aide our customers running a successful business.
- Wrote scripts to achieve automation for jobs running using SSMS.
MS SQL DBA Administrator
- MS SQL DBA for maintaining various Cluster, Non-Cluster, Virtual servers running on Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012 R2, 2016.
- Using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio for various functions entailing database backups, database restores, read and write tables, scripting, and security. Much more utilized to maintain many databases on their Instances.
- Performed in Disaster Recovery exercises.
- Interacted with our developers with new builds, deploys, and assisting with various scripting to achieve desired results.
- Worked on major project called ALIP Accenture Life and Annuity Software project. Working with developers with testing and deploying. Worked on Migrate date ESX and Database VNX storage to New Pure Storage array project, working with developers, calculating time and costs with project developers, and much collaboration with the server team.
Mainframe Developer/Operations Analyst
- Worked with CA-7/CA-11 on many Ohio National based applications which entailed CA-7 scheduling, SBM (Serena Batch Manager) requests and submissions on a z/Series MVS coding JCL, break/fix, and executions.
- Utilized SBM for receiving requests from developers, users, and other colleagues; I would utilize SBM for requests such as Changeman(ZMF), non-Changeman(NCMN), PWO’s, NDT’s, and JCA’s to ensure productivity workflow, documentation purposes, and auditing.
- Used ServiceNow for requests and/or incidents. These are work related requests and incidents that arise where Help Desk would coordinate and disperse to appropriate areas for assistance in fulfillment of the requests and resolving incidents that arise.
- Interact with all areas of the company such as, Accounting, Life, Investments, Tech Services, and Operations to ensure work is accounted for and any SLA’s are met in a timely manner. Interaction with all areas is necessary for accuracy and quality of the work at hand; ensuring implementation plans are clear/concise by attending meetings and all questions are presented and answered.
- Projects and Time Keeping recorded using Innotas by Planview software. Creating project logs with tasks/resources along with allocating resources and time allotted.
- IBM Lotus Notes and Sametime client used for electronic communication with all departments within Ohio National.
- Supported ASG products such as PRO/JCL, Mobius, and Records Manager. Interact with all departments including my management team with supplying end-user support, meet with Executive Sales Consultants and other ASG management team to bring PRO/JCL training in-house and ongoing support. Admin support for ASG products (PRO/JCL, Mobius, and Records Manager) including testing after installs of new versions/upgrades.
- Taking on responsibility with delegated meetings assigned by management, keeping manager abreast by providing Meeting Minutes on all meetings (delegated or self-attended), and taking on various tasks assigned by management or not assigned. Always keeping management updated on improving methodologies and planning.
- Continuously finding alternatives to day-to-day procedures; improving methodologies and seeking/using/exhausting all my resources available to me.
- I have gained my exposure to the newest IBM zSeries 14 Model ZR1. Throughout working on an IBM zSeries since 1993, I have become accustomed with z800 and z900, z13, then reaching the z14. I participated in working with our Tech Services team with setup for the HMC console, configuration for some security applications on the Mainframe, and customization in TSO.
- Familiar with maintaining storage using HSM space manager client with TSM for backup and archive solutions.
Database Conversions Specialist/Mainframe Developer
- Worked with Conversion Managers and Implementation Consultants that interact with Financial Institutions for Bankcard IT Processing.
- Program all coding on Mainframe and in-house tools for the creation of plastic cards including Visa, MasterCard, and ATM cards along coding EMV chips.
- Used programming methods that involved the cross referencing of customer accounts pertaining all Financial Institutions. Attachment of checking and savings accounts to the card holders.
- Interact with Confidential Bank processing regarding all programming and creation of plastic cards for card holders.
- Testing using JCL on Roscoe and TSO to implement all work necessary to arrive at successful completion for testing and follow through into production phase.
- Used IRIS ticketing system to record any issues that arise and address any tickets assigned to my department.
- Interact with my fellow teammates and offshore team.
- Attend periodic meetings with management, Implementation Consultants, and my fellow teammates for ongoing discussion pertaining to issues at hand, Financial Institution requirements, and other agenda pertaining to my area, Database Conversions.
- Familiarity and use of JCL, MVS, Roscoe, RPF’s, TSO, ISPF, AQT to perform all work duties.
QA Analyst/Software Tester
- Worked with Business Analyst, QA Manager and Development Teams to ensure that applications met requirements and Business Rules.
- Responsible for creating Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Use HP Quality Center for writing Test Cases and updating the Test Results after execution of test cases.
- Track defects, reviewed, analyzed, and compared using HP Quality Center.
- Used Rally - Agile Software.
- Interact effectively with peers, management and cross-functional teams to address and resolve issues.
- Create Requirements, Object, and Test Suites for Automation using STARC.
- Interact with the Development team and the Business Application group to analyze the requirements and to understand the GUI of the application being developed.
- Ensure validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements.
- Perform various types of testing on Salesforce.com application.
- Isolate, replicate, and report defects and verify defect fixes.
- Attend daily stand up meeting and review defects with Developers, Business Analyst, and Product Owner.
- Attend periodic meetings and teleconferences on problem resolution.
- Coordinate with other co-workers and leads for knowledge transfer and day-to-day test progress.
Mainframe Developer/ Command Center Specialist Senior
- Support AS400 Mortgage system ensuring batch cycle submissions are complete and accurate; performing OFAC updating on AS400 systems; ROBOT scheduler is used for mortgage batch processing and ensuring checklists are complete accurately and in a timely manner.
- Engaged with CA-7 scheduler on IBM z9 series mainframe batch and transmission run; transmissions processed using FTPINT, FTPSERVE, NDM, and SUPER TRACS that come from numerous Confidential clients sending payroll totals and other benefits. CA-7 and CA-11 used for batch processing, corrections and overrides for job abends, editing JCL, and ensuring late batch jobs are all processed without missing any Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Worked with Application Owners/Developers with CA-7 Batch Processing/Workload Automation. I have performed batch job setups within CA-7 (SCHD) which entailed setting up requirements (RQMTS) and Trigger jobs (Successors). I have defined CA-7 CPU Job Definitions for Production and Test/Dev. I have performed some CA-7 Base Calendar Maintenance (CALMOD) for batch processing functions. Other functions of my work was working with defining/writing Prep Rules alongside with vendor interaction with ASG on PRO/JCL and JMP Utility used for developing JCL manipulation programs. This was scanning for any JCL syntax for “prepping” JCL Batch jobs prior to execution in Prod and Test/Dev.
- AutoSys tool used on UNIX platform for payroll submissions for all of Confidential Bank employees; multiple experiences with UNIX (Sun, Linux, and AIX) and much familiarity with UNIX commands.
- Support UNIX servers using BMC PATROL and monitoring server issues.
- Much interaction with various MIS application teams, Confidential clients, and external organizations to provide utmost customer satisfaction for resolving CA-7 batch abends, transmission issues, engaging and initiating bridge conference calls, and escalation procedures involving upper management and Customer Outreach Team.
- Polycom video conferencing used between all Confidential Corporate Data Centers
Senior Computer Operator/Analyst
- Supporting end-users, programmers, analysts, developers from all over the world with requests for testing batch jobs prior to going into production.
- Working in a Testing Command Center, I provide immediate response to test requests using IBM Tivoli Work Scheduler (a.k.a. OPC) within Extra Attachmate session.
- Mainframe is an os/390 z9 series MVS platform.
- I provide much assistance to many off-shore end-users from India.
- The Testing Command Center remains in communication with other Production Command Centers for updates to weekend IPL, Tape Management, Infoman Record keeping, HSM and DASD related issues that arise.
- Have working knowledge on CICS regions, startup/shutdown commands, enable/disable files, transactions, and ensuring Connections are up; knowledge of Linklist Lookaside Library (LLA) updating.
- Working in a Testing Command Center, there is no automation, which entails much knowledge on how sub-system tasks function, in-depth knowledge on JCL, and targeting break/fix areas on the mainframe.
- Numerous testing requests are relayed via MS Outlook emails, MS Office Communicator instant messaging, and telephone.
- Being a huge part of “Testing” results in successful implementation into Production and Mainframe upgrades.
Systems Analyst/COBOL Programmer
- Working for one of North America’s global direct and targeted marketing solutions provider: National Marketing Organization.
- COBOL programming code using Computer Associates (CA) Vision:Report for mailstream processing.
- Ensured proficient code was written to process barcode and naming conventions for major local, regional, national, and international consumer and business-to-business marketers.
- Used Attachmate Extra Client, SAS, and FAQS for batch processing to ensure accuracy of programming code.
IT Mainframe DB2 Programmer/Admin
- Took part in serving over 44 major market retail areas.
- Working with BMC Software to gain latest patches/fixes for the integrity of our in-house products using SMP/e utility.
- Working knowledge with updates to RACF and later ACF2 for obtaining utmost security for the Mainframe, applying patches/fixes along with upgrades using SMP/e, allocating space requirements working with the Dir-Blks, Blksize, Tracks. Involved with ACF2 setup for IBM HealthChecker working alongside my colleagues in Tech Services.
- Performed General Advanced Authentication Mainframe Configuration.
- Use of CLIST for TSO/E commands. Some included allocating datasets to SYSPROC for managing command output SPROC CLIST, COMPRESS, and allocating datasets with LISTDI information EXPAND CLIST, just to name a few.
- Use of some REXX for editing and executing members in PDS libraries.
- Supported the installation and maintenance of Z/OS software and hardware IBM mainframe components with focus on third party vendor products.
- Assisted in system degradation, production abend codes, and contention codes. Interact and schedule meetings with third party vendors to introduce new products to the company.
- Provide on-call support rotation. Provide End-user and Help Desk Support
Systems Operations Analyst
- Supported Merchants of Confidential Bank relating to their Merchant Deposit Files, Positive Balance Files, and Card Extract Files in a Production Control environment.
- Investigate job abends and software problems; correct problems or escalate to programming staff.
- Process Open System (UNIX) jobs and deployments, planning mainframe jobs for execution, and control the processing of the entire production workload using IBM Tivoli Work Scheduler (TWS).
- Kept record tracking of application failures and system degradation using BMC Remedy Action Request System software and escalating high crisis issues to management.
- Ensured Service Level Agreements (SLA) was met.
- Remaining abreast with communication between end-users while resolving issues.