- Experienced MS Business Intelligence Developer with 10+ years of experience working with BI applications such as SSMS, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS in Development, Test and Production Environments, visualization tools such as Power BI and Tableau. A wide experience working in different industry domains such as healthcare, service, insurance and finance.
- SQL/ETL Developer having 10+ years of IT experience in Requirement Gathering, Analysis, Design, Development and Implementation of Enterprise solutions.
- Hands on experience in installing, configuring, managing, upgrading and migrating, monitoring and troubleshooting SQL Server 2016/2014/2012/2008 R2/2008.
- Expertise in SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) with good knowledge on SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Experience in report development using SSRS, Power BI, Tableau and creating various types of reports like Dashboard, Drill Down/Through, Parameterized, Cascading, Conditional, Table, Matrix, Chart and Sub Reports.
- Experience in SQL server MDS 2012 features including hierarchies, granular security, transactions, data versioning, and business rules.
- Experience in developing, monitoring, extracting and transforming data using DTS/SSIS, Import Export Wizard, and Bulk Insert.
- Excellent in High Level Design of ETL Packages and SSIS Packages for integrating data using OLE DB connection from heterogeneous sources like (Excel, CSV and flat files, MS Access, SAS, Oracle, DB2, SalesForce, CRM) by using multiple transformations provided by SSIS such as Data Conversion, Conditional Split, Bulk Insert, Derived Column, Merge, Merge Join and Union all.
- Experience in working with Web services to handle SQL connections.
- Strong skills on deploying and operating large scale cloud infrastructure and application services in AWS, Azure, SAP, Oracle Cloud, Google Cloud, IBM Software and other Cloud providers
- Strong knowledge with Host Scripting to automate routine tasks.
- Excellent knowledge in creating Databases, Tables, Stored Procedures, DDL/DML Triggers, Views, User defined data types, functions, Cursors and Indexes using T - SQL.
- Experience in Data Conversion and Data Migration using SSIS and DTS services across different databases like Oracle, MS access and flat files.
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Query Optimization.
- Well versed in Performance Point Server 2007. Designed Dashboards, Scorecards and reports using multiple KPI's, OLAP charts and SSRS Reports with PPS.
- Experience in maintenance and administration of SSIS by creating Jobs, Alerts, SQL Mail Agent, and schedule DTS/SSIS Packages.
- Generated Data to support SAP Business Objects Interface for Users to access data from Data Warehouse.
- Expert in creating Parameterized Reports.
- Hands on experience in creating Star Schemas and Snow Flake Schemas.
- Excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills and proficient in writing and presenting complex technical concepts, comfortable working independently and with different size of teams.
- Proficient in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process, which includes RUP, Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Involved in designing and populating data in data warehouse and Cubes (OLAP) using SSAS and SSIS.
- Data Modeler with strong Conceptual, Logical and Physical Data Modeling skills, has experience with JAD sessions for requirements gathering, creating data mapping documents and queries
- Migrated on-premise SQL Server schemas to the cloud on Azure SQL Server DB and Azure VM, and developed and maintained databases across both on-premise and cloud deployments.
Databases: SQL Server 2016/14/12/08 R2, Oracle 11g/8.0i, MS Access 2000/8.0, Teradata 14.0, DB2
ETL & Reporting: SSDT 2016/14/12, BIDS 2008R2/08, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS 2016/ 2014/2012/2008 R2), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS 2016/2 R2), PowerBI, Tableau, SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
Others: MS Office, Crystal Reports XI, Visio, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), SQL Server Notification Services, Visual web developer, MS FrontPage, Windows Scripting Host, Erwin Data Modeler, MS Visual, SAS/Access, Crystal Reports SAP Business Objects, DataStage, Informatica, Hadoop, Micro Strategy, ER-Studio, Microsoft TFS, Microsoft GIT, MS VSS, Synergy, HP Quality Center & Jira
Confidential, Allen, TX
Sr. ETL Developer (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS)
- Gathering, analyzing and documenting the business requirements and business rules by directly working with Business Analysts.
- Create and maintain documents like Documentation Roadmap, DATA Models, ETL Execution Plan, Configuration Management Procedures, and Project Plan.
- Design and develop various SSIS packages (ETL) to extract and transform data and involved in Scheduling SSIS Packages.
- Publish SSRS reports in Report Manager, SharePoint web pages and in custom made ASP.NET web applications.
- Perform SSIS Development and support, developed ETL solutions for integrating data from multiple sources like Flat Files (delimited, fixed width), Excel, SQL Server, Raw File, and DB2 into the central OLTP database.
- Create complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions (UDF), Indexes, Tables, Views and other T-SQL code and SQL joins for SSIS packages and SSRS reports.
- Created different stored procedures for performance enhancement. Optimized SQL Server Database for best performance, with DBCC, partition table.
- Extract, Transform and Load data from databases of systems like ART, WANDA and etc.
- Design, maintain and deliver SSRS reports sourcing from central database.
- Develop C# console applications to manipulate databases and perform calculations
- Extract and Load SharePoint lists and survey data into SQL Server Database with SQL Server Integration Services
- Work extensively on system analysis, design, development, testing and implementation of projects.
- Extend SSIS capabilities by creating custom SSIS components for SharePoint.
- Configure SSIS packages with XML configuration file, environment variable, parent package variable and SQL Server table.
- Worked with SSIS Data flow task, Transformations, For-loop containers and Fuzzy Lookups, Data conversion and configured data in slowly changing dimension.
- Worked with team to Develop and Extend the OLAP Cubes, Dimensions and data source view.
- Pull data into MS SQL Server Database from different DBMS databases like Oracle and Teradata with ETL packages.
- Create SSRS, Power BI and Tableau reports sourcing from SSAS’s Multidimensional OLAP and Tabular model cubes with MDX and DAX.
- Create and schedule various SQL Jobs, using SQL Server Agent to perform various administrative tasks.
- Developed Custom Functions, Manual Running Totals and Complex Formulas for reports.
- Used breaks, calculations, sorts, filters and sections to enhance data presentation in reports.
- Set up hierarchies and defined Scope of Analysis in the Universe for providing drill down/ drill through options in the reporting environment.
- SSAS storage and partitions, and Aggregations, calculation of queries with MDX, Data Mining Models, developing reports using MDX and SQL.
- Created shared dimension tables, measures, hierarchies, levels, cubes and aggregations on MS OLAP/ Analysis Server (SSAS).
- Created simple SQL query filters, prompted filters and complex filters to restrict data in reports.
- Created report in SQL Server 2012 and deployed them on local-host for remote access.
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
Sr. ETL Developer (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS)
- Gathering, analyzing and documenting the business requirements and business rules by directly working with end users/clients.
- Created and maintained documents like Documentation Roadmap, DATA Models, ETL Execution Plan, Configuration Management Procedures, and Project Plan.
- Designed and developed various SSIS packages (ETL) to extract and transform data and involved in scheduling and deploying SSIS Packages.
- Published SSRS reports in Report Manager, SharePoint web pages and in custom made ASP.NET web applications.
- Performed SSIS Development and support, developed ETL solutions for integrating data from multiple sources like Flat Files (delimited, fixed width), Excel, SQL Server, Raw File, and DB2 into the central OLTP database.
- Created complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions (UDF), Indexes, Tables, Views and other T-SQL codes and SQL joins for SSIS packages and SSRS reports.
- Extract, Transform and Load data from databases of systems like CRM, ERP and SharePoint
- Design, maintain and deliver SSRS reports sourcing from central database.
- Developed C#/VB console and web applications to manipulate databases and perform calculations
- Created Application Tracking Systems, Surveys and Manual Data Entry Web Apps using ASP.NET Framework.
- Implemented various tasks and transformations for data cleansing and performance tuning of SSIS packages.
- Extracted and Loaded SharePoint Lists and Surveys Data into SQL Server Database with SSIS
- Collaborated on multiple projects using GITHUB.
- Provided standard and ad-hoc reports on a regular basis and on demand.
- Worked extensively on system analysis, design, development, testing and implementation of projects.
- Developed and Maintained Crystal Reports.
- Extended SSIS Capabilities by Creating Custom SSIS Components for SharePoint.
- Configured SSIS packages with XML configuration file, Environment variable, Registry entry, Parent package variable and SQL Server table.
- Pulled data into MS SQL Server Database from different DBMS databases like Oracle and Teradata with ETL packages.
- Created SSRS, PowerBI and Tableau reports sourcing from SSAS’s Multidimensional OLAP and Tabular model cubes with MDX and DAX.
- Created and scheduled Various SQL Jobs, using SQL Server Agent to perform various Administrative tasks.
Lead ETL/SSIS Developer
MS SQL Server 2012/2008, MS SQL Server Master Data Services 2012, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), MS Visual Studio/.NET 2008, SAP Business Objects, BI Extractor, Microsoft Excel, Add-In Excel with Master data.
- Created Complex ETL Packages using SSIS for extracting, cleaning, transforming and loading data from staging tables to partitioned tables with incremental load.
- Developed, deployed, and monitored SSIS Packages.
- Data ETL making changes to existing ETLs and building some new ETL processes.
- Data Automation Using SSIS to automate data processes for input of information.
- Implemented data validation by using T-SQL queries to confirm that SSRS reports data results that are being returned are correct.
- Worked closely and communicate with project team members to achieve project goals.
- Created packages using the various control flow tasks such as Data Flow Task, Execute SQL Task, Execute Package Task, File System Task.
- Administered SQL Server with Client/Server tools including SQL Server Enterprise Manager, Profiler and Query Analyzer.
- Created number of standard reports and complex reports to analyze data using Slice & Dice, Drill Down and Drill Through approaches using SSRS.
- Participated in design discussions with Database architects and Application architects.
- Designed the Data warehouse and done the mappings from Source to the Target tables.
- Developed SSIS packages to extract, transform and load data from Oracle and SQL Server databases into Data Warehouse.
- Identified the dimension, fact tables and designed the Data-Mart using Star schema.
- Created Indexes for faster data retrieval from the database.
- Wrote Stored Procedures and Functions for better performance and flexibility.
- Deployed SSIS packages into various Environments (Dev, UAT and Prod) using Deployment Utility.
- Coordinated with Users in different testing phases.
- Created SQL Server jobs and scheduled them to load data periodically using SQL server Agent.
- Formatted/Generated Data to support SAP Business Objects Interface for Users to access data from Data Warehouse.
- Strong Applications Development experience with back-end databases such as SQL Server, Oracle and MS Access using ADO/ADO.NET, OLEDB and SQL client.
- Good hands on experience with C#.NET and VB.NET for downloading files from a remote server.
- Strong skills in transformation data from DB2 to SQL Server
- Created and Designed Data Source and Data Source Views and configured OLAP Cubes (Star and Snow Flake Schema) using SSAS.
- Involved in Dimensional Data Modeling and Cube Partitioning in SSAS and enhanced the functionality in database and data ware housing concepts (OLAP, OLTP) Cube by creating KPI, Actions using SSAS.
- Worked on the Reports module of the project as a developer on MS SQL Server 2008 (using SSRS, T-SQL, scripts, stored procedures and views).
- Created reports from OLAP, sub reports, bar charts and matrix reports using SSRS
- Developed Multidimensional Objects (Cubes, Dimensions), designed Dimensional Modeling and created Hierarchies using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Developed Aggregations, partitions and calculated members for cube as per business requirements.
- Defined appropriate measure groups and KPIs and deployed cubes.
- Created Parameterized, Cross-Tab, Drill Down and Summary reports by Using SSRS and created report snapshots to improve the performance of SSRS.
Confidential, Cedar Grove/NJ
SQL BI SSIS, SSRS Developer, Conversion-Data Analyst
MS SQL Server 2008R2, SQL Server Reporting Services 2008, SQL Integration Services 2008, SQL Server Analysis Services 2008, Microsoft Visual Studio, SQL Server Management Studio, MS Excel, T-SQL.
- Involved in writing heavy T-SQL stored procedures, complex joins, new T-SQL features like Merge, Except commands
- Developed data standards, data exchange, XML data standard or data sharing model.
- Developed SSIS packages using Lookup Transformations, Merge Joins, Fuzzy LookUps, and Derived Columns with Multiple Data Flow tasks.
- Created XML Package Configurations, Error Handling using Event Handlers for On Error, On Warning, On-Task Failed event types.
- Worked with re-directing outputs into different formats including XML Files and various other data sources.
- Involved in automating SSIS Packages using SQL Server Agent Jobs, Windows Scheduler, and third-party tools.
- Worked on several transformations in Data Flow including Derived-Column, Script, Slowly Changing Dimension, Lookup, Data Conversion, Conditional-Split and many more.
- Worked on XML Web Services Control Flow task to read from XML Source.
- Designed and developed various SSIS packages (ETL) to extract and transform data and involved in Scheduling SSIS Packages.
- Developed ETL solutions for integrating data from multiple sources like Flat Files (delimited, fixed width), Excel, SQL Server, Raw File and DB2 into the data warehouse.
- Interpreted data, analyzed results using statistical techniques and provided ongoing SSRS reports.
- Created, maintained and updated ETL packages loading from/to both OLTP and OLAP database tables.
- Developed and implemented data collection systems and other strategies which optimize statistical efficiency and data quality.
- Created Complex ETL Packages using SSIS to extract data from staging tables to partitioned tables with incremental load.
- Created packages in SSIS with error handling and worked with different methods of logging in SSIS.
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Filter and “clean” data, and review computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems.
- Converted old ETL packages to the new version (did optimization by applying more stored procedures instead of using control flow tasks).
- Work closely with management to prioritize business and information needs.