Information Technology professional with over 10 years’ experience to include data analysis, report development, extracting and manipulating data; writing, modifying, optimizing complex SQL queries, and performance tuning. Extensive SQL and software development experience in Object - Oriented Programming using the .NET framework and MS SQL Server; Oracle 10g/11g/12c database on various platforms and Unix Shell Script. Proficient in all phases of SDLC and Agile methodologies from gathering business requirements, technical definitions to development, user acceptance testing (UAT), documentation, production support, and completion.
Databases: MS SQL Server 2008/2012/2014 , Oracle Database 10g/11g/12c, MS Access
ETL Tools: SSRS, SSIS, Data Transformation Services (DTS), Import/Export
Reporting & Other Tools: SSMS, SSRS, SSIS, Business Intelligence & Development Studio, SQL BI, Crystal Reports, Report Builder, Tableau, Power BI (working knowledge)
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX, Linux
Other Tools: WPF, WCF, IIS, Web Services, SDLC, Data Warehouse, Enterprise Manager (OEM), Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook Project, and Visio), Data Pump, SQL Loader, Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN), DBCA, DBUA, NETMGR, NETCA, Recovery Catalog, Automated Workload Repository (AWR), TOAD, MobaxTerm, SecureCRT, AGILE Methodologies, TFS and SourceSafe
Senior Applications Developer/ Data Analyst
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Extract and manipulate data from various sources to produce reports in agreed format.
- Acting as Business Analyst for reporting and application enhancements by collaborating with key business stakeholders to prepare, design, and write up business requirements
- Develop and provide automated summary, auditing and ad-hoc reports using Excel and reporting tools
- Design, create and modify complex SQL queries and stored procedures, views, triggers, and functions; DDL and DML procedures; performance tuning and optimization
- Create stored procedures to automate ETL processes (SSIS). Performed data mapping and conversion. Created backups of database and restored them to staging and dev environments.
- Oversee and manage database environment with multiple instances; production, stage and development.
- Analyzes, design, develop, test, debug, implement, maintain and enhance new and existing software applications using C#.net.
- Troubleshoot and resolve software-related issues and maintain code quality through unit testing.
- Worked with DBA’s to resolve database issues.
- Microsoft TFS Source Code Environment
Sr. Software Engineer/Production Control/Junior DBA
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Develop, design, modify code, maintain and enhance the mortgage servicing using C#. Resolved support application issues, made feature enhancements, integrated reports into software application
- Worked with Business Analyst and Project manager in defining detailed specifications for new features and functionality requirements. Design and developed these features per requirements.
- Use ticketing system to review and document updates for bug fixes and enhancements. Worked with end users to troubleshoot and resolve application issues. Perform root cause analysis.
- Develop and provide automated monthly reports, yearly reports, auditing reports, month end reports and ad-hoc reports by using reporting tools (SSRS) and Excel. Present data in a visualized manner, create dashboards.
- Create and modify SQL stored procedures to automate ETL processes. Created functions, triggers, and views. Created and monitored scheduled SQL Jobs using SSIS
- Worked in role as both Business Analyst and Project Manager during reorganization of IT department.
- Produce Deployment and Run Book Plans, Participate in Change Management meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks, Lead and co-ordinate the Go/NoGo Live activities including the execution of the deployment plans and checklists. Review and optimize queries prior to deployment
- Worked with the Salesforce Platform to create custom objects, fields, page layouts/views, workflows / processes flows, and security (users, profiles, roles). Created dashboards in Salesforce.
- Lead reporting project with offsite consultants in designing, writing and report integration into the mortgage software application
- Worked with vendors to design layout for printing and mailing statements
- Assist DBA group with maintenance of SQL Server databases to include creation of backups, replication; used SQL Server Profiler and Query Analyzer for stored procedure diagnosis, index creation, performance tuning and other DBA functions
- Lead development efforts extensively with outside Consulting Company to rewrite vb6 application to C#.net application. Train and mentor new employees
- During the close out process worked with DBA, BI team and Project Managers with detailed technical design to identify and resolve any transfer issues. Extract, Transfer and Load data from various sources. Assisted in QA testing, ETL, and creation of reports using BI Development Studio
Confidential, Roswell, GA
- Develop project plans and schedules for System Development.
- Collaborate in the creation of overall project plans, resource allocations, and schedules to implement the specified system changes.
- Provide accurate and timely project status reporting that will inform Project Manager of the status of projects.
- Development and maintenance of applications and webservices for the foreclosure and bankruptcy division using C#.net, VB.Net, and ASP.net
- Research, design, code, document and testing of platform and feature enhancements. Resolved support issues and close support tickets. Managed support tickets/issues and ensured issues are resolved in a timely fashion
- Responsible of support of existing business applications and user web interfaces utilizing Microsoft .NET, IIS, ADO.net, XML and SQL Server
- Modify and write SQL stored procedure, triggers, views, and SQL scripts
- Design, create and maintain Enterprise Reports using Crystal Reports, SSRS and Excel (VBA); created macros.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Maintained 16-bit and 32-bit Visual Basic applications using Visual Basic 4.0, 5.0, and 6.0 technologies
- Programmed, tested and debugged structured application/interface code from specifications conforming to established methodology and standards
- Worked with customer to determine and prepare detailed requirements for enhancement projects
- Designed, coded, tested, installed and supported significant enhancements for existing application
- Worked as liaison between customer and Compliance Department in order to meet customer requirements for compliance documents
- Maintained Visual Source Safe libraries for application source code control
- Solved Encore application issues by fixing base defects and performing customer requested enhancements and modifications to the VB applications
- Solved database performance issues by modifying SQL queries, writing SQL Scripts to add and alter Microsoft SQL Server database tables
- Provided Installation and training of banking software to new and existing customers during on-site QC visits and WebEx training
- Developed, published and implemented a Year 2000 Compliance Plan software maintenance
- Worked with key personnel at financial institutions to provide customers with upgrades, bug fixes and enhancements to banking software