- Experience in Design, Development and Implementation of REST APIs using Flask Framework and development and deployment of Cloud Applications using microservices architecture on platforms like GCP and AWS
- Experience with multiples Databases like Postgres, Ignite (SQL) and Firestore(NoSQL)
- Familiarity with Agile development and tracking tools like Git and Jira
- Experience with Linux based Network Operating Systems and using its Command Line configurations
- Hands - on experience with industry-standard IDEs like PyCharm, Sublime and Visual Studio Code
- Experience with GCP computing services like AppEngine and Cloud Functions
- Working knowledge of load balancing and reverse proxying using Nginx
- Experience in using AMQP and RabbitMQ for Pub/Sub operations
- Experience in developing code with Test Driven architecture
- Strong knowledge of Data Structures and Algorithms, Object Oriented Analysis and software design patterns.
Tools: Postman, Jira, GitHub, Nginx, RabbitMQ, Android Development Tools, Proteus, Eagle, MATLAB
Databases: Postgres, Ignite, Firestore (GCP), MongoDB
Protocols: SPI, UART, I2C, TCP/IP, ZigBee, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
Technologies: REST, RESTCONF, XML, JSON, HTML5, CSS3, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, NodeJS, AngularJS 1
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux, MacOS, Android
Development IDE: PyCharm, Sublime, Visual Studio Code, Android Studio, Eclipse
Confidential, Morrisville, NC
Senior Software Systems Engineer (Python, Go, SQL, GCP)
- Developed a flexible interface for Postgres, Ignite (SQL) and Firestore (NoSQL) by implementing a Database abstraction layer.
- Architected an Orchestration layer to communicate with multiple south bound interfaces.
- Implemented different south bound interfaces using REST, RESTCONF, GraphQL
- Structured code to be unit testable using Go interfaces and documented code coverage using codecov.
- Implemented Search functionality using Google Cloud Platform’s App Engine.
- Deployed applications using Docker container.
Manager of Managers Application:
- Adopted to Agile methodology to deliver APIs on a 2-week sprint basis and track progress using Git and Jira.
- Implemented Filtering and Pagination for different endpoints.
- Implemented User Authentication using JWT
- Architected cloud applications based on microservice architecture, structuring code into Business Logic, Orchestration and Data Access layers.
- Established inter-service communication between applications using Nginx over HTTP.
- Prototyped RabbitMQ, GCP Pub/Sub to determine effective cloud deployment technologies
Extreme Switching RESTCONF:
- Designed RESTCONF (RFC 8040) APIs, using Flask framework in Python
- Modelled APIs to conform to OpenConfig, a vendor-neutral data model.
- Developed YANG to Python REST API code generator, that could be used for different Network Operating Systems.
- Implemented APIs on EXOS, a network OS, for configuring and managing Interfaces, VLANs, LLDP, AAA and PoE
- Developed Swagger Documentation for the REST APIs
Universal Port Manager (UPM):
- Engineered an embedded application to schedule jobs based on triggers like Time of the day, Log events and Port Up/Down events.
- Developed a client library for easy access to interact with the APIs
- Developed an interactive CLI to enable users to provide configuration input
- Developed a simple GUI to configure the application running on a switch.
Extreme Analytics REST API:
- Designed a schema-based framework that acts as a translation layer, linking shell calls and embedded network operations to a RESTful interface.
- Established a link between Analytics Engine and Switches using REST APIs.
- Implemented features to monitor Network quality, manage traffic congestion, detect and fix problems in the network.
- Built APIs to store client metadata and add support for embedded devices.
- Developed tests using Postman and performed validation of data for APIs.
Confidential, Rockville, MD
Embedded Hardware Development Intern (Python, C, AWS, Arduino, I2C, Wi-Fi)
- Designed a wearable device prototype, starting with Block Diagram design, selecting components, modules and estimating average power consumption.
- Established link between a 9 DOF IMU and ZigBee wireless dongle and transfer data to a computer through USB.
- Developed a script to periodically upload data to the cloud using AWS IoT SDK through on-board Wi-Fi
- Created a simple GUI using Python Tkinter to generate a live streaming plot using matplotlib libraries.