- Over 5+ Years of IT experience in design, development, testing, presentation, implementation and analysis of SQL Server and SSIS and SSRS.
- Expertise in the implementation of SQL Server Infrastructure.
- Expert in Data Extraction, Transforming and Loading (ETL) using various tools such as Data Transformation Service (DTS), SSIS, SSRS, Bulk Insert, BCP.
- Expertise in developing SSIS Packages and using data transformations and deploying them on various production servers.
- Deployed a SSIS package Using XML file configuration and Environmental Variable.
- Working experience on cross functional agile team consisting of backend database developers, front end application developers and quality assurance.
- Experience with SSRS Report Server, Report Manager and SSRS deployment Process. Created Report Subscription and Data Driven Subscription using SSRS.
- Proficient in creating sub reports and defining query for generating drill down reports using MS SQL Server (SSRS) .
- Experience with SQL Server and T - SQL in constructing triggers, tables, user functions, views, indexes, user profiles, relational database models, data management, data dictionaries, and data integrity.
- Expert in creating databases and various SQL server objects like schemas, tables, indexes, indexed view as per the specifications and requirements to meet the business functionality.
- Hands on experience in designing the database model and maintain referenced relationships for the data integrity.
- Expertise in creating complex Stored Procedures (Dynamic and static), effective User-Defined functions, and appropriate triggers to facilitate efficient data manipulation and data consistency.
- Hands on experience with analyzing query plans, extended Stored Procedures, managing indexes to provide quick results for Applications.
- Experience in designing SSIS Packages to extract data from various data sources such as Oracle, SQL Server, Access database, Excel spreadsheet, xml files and flat files into SQL Server for further Data Analysis and Reporting.
- Experience in Migration using SSIS/DTS Packages and Metadata Management, migrating DTS Packages to SSIS using Packages Migration Wizard and knowledge on Storage Management.
- Experience in Performance Tuning in SSIS packages by using Row Transformations, Block and Unblock Transformations.
- Experience in logging, Error Handling, Check Points, and Package Configuration to provide the dynamic flow of data to load data warehouse.
- Extensive experience with Database Backups, Recovery Procedures, Backup strategies and scheduling.
- Knowledge of Relational Database management systems (RDMS), Schema and Data Modeling.
- Experience working in Agile and Waterfall model working methodologies.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills coupled with excellent written, verbal and inter-personnel communication skills.
SQL Server Tools: SSMS, Enterprise Manager, DTS, Profiler, DTA, Upgrade Advisor
ETL & Reporting Tools: SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, BIDS, DTS, Business Objects
Databases: SQL Server 2005/2008/2008 R 2/2012/2014/2016/2017 , Oracle
SQL,T: SQL, PL/SQL
Tools: Report Builder
Operating System: Windows (All Variants), Windows Server
Confidential, Seattle, WA
MS SQL Server SSIS/SSRS Developer
- Interface with users, project manager to ensure that implemented solutions satisfy business requirements and are delivered in a timely manner.
- Understand the functional requirement specifications and preparing design documentation.
- Developed and deployed data transfers packages to the appropriate destinations using SSIS.
- Deployed packages to SQL Server and file system and also used the new Project based Deployment introduced in SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT).
- Created SQL Server configurations for SSIS packages. Used SSIS transformations to implement the Slowly Changing Transformation, to maintain Historical Data in Data warehouse.
- Responsible for creating batch file to deploy various database objects such as tables, stored procedures, indexes in various environment using SSIS.
- Maintained the SSIS projects and users accessing the Catalog and SSISDB.
- Scheduled and monitored the SQL Agent jobs to run these packages periodically.
- Extracted the data from the different sources (CSV files, oracle, and MS SQL) and stored the data into the intermediate Staging Database using the SSIS ETL tool.
- Generated reports from the cubes by connecting to Analysis server from SSRS.
- Created cascade parameterized, adhoc, drill through, drilldown, Graph, Chart, KPIs, linked, snapshot, sub reports, canned reports etc. using SSRS.
- Created Sub-Reports, Drilldown-Reports, Summary Reports, and Parameterized Reports in SSRS . Generated ad-hoc reports using Business Object and Crystal reports.
- Created SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) cubes and migrated some of the existing cubes. Also created SSRS reports out of these cubes writing MDX queries to pull the data.
- Involved in building and maintaining dimensional cubes with SQL Server Analysis Services ( SSAS) and used MDX script for querying the data.
- Used package variables and configuration files to run the packages manually mapping through environment variables in case of job failure.
- Implemented SQL Server SSIS packages for ETL methodologies involved in the migration from SQL Server and created new SSIS packages for the legacy DTS packages and scheduled and monitored the execution of the jobs.
- Migrated, recreated and maintained the Legacy packages, cubes and reports.
- Supported Style Sheets that contain drill down parameters and links to arbitrary URLs and embedded GIF images in report headings and footings.
- Developed Business views, Report objects, Cubes for the users to analyze the data and help them in decision making.
- Developed Stepped and Block reports using SSRS.
- Performing Unit testing and internal QA for the developed application.
- Created and maintained User's Security Permissions and Migration of the database objects from one server to another server.
- Worked with plan administrators to research and resolve data issues and troubleshoot system problems/outages.
Environment: MS SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, SSDT, ETL, MDX, DTS, CSV, Oracle, MS Access, HTML, Windows XP.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
SQL Server/SSIS/SSRS Developer
- Developed system standards, architecture, scenarios, detailed screen specifications and documented logical and physical data model.
- Design/Build Extract Transform Load procedures in SQL Server to import/export data feeds to/from data warehouse and claim systems.
- Worked on Stored Procedures and Database Triggers.
- Experienced with SSIS in creating, loading, and modifying new packages or existing packages and add or configure components, making changes in object by using Control Flow Tools and Data Flow Tools and then validating them.
- Designed ETL packages dealing with different data sources (SQL Server, Flat Files) and loaded the data into target data sources by performing different kinds of transformations using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Data profiling, data quality and clean ups for SSIS packages. Developed Metrics for front end applications using SQL Server.
- Processed and maintained the cubes on a schedule directly in SQL Agent using XMLA or through SSIS process task.
- Performance Tuning the Stored Procedures used in SSIS Packages and SSRS Reports.
- Worked with database connections, SQL joins, cardinalities, loops, aliases, views, aggregate conditions, parsing of objects and hierarchies.
- Created SQL Agent Jobs and scheduled the SSIS Package to run overnight. Resolved the issues associated with the job failure.
- Involved in writing expressions in SSRS and Expert in fine tuning the reports. Created many Drill through and Drill Down reports using SSRS .
- Created Parameterized reports, linked reports, Cross-Tab reports, Drill down reports & Summary reports by Using SSRS.
- Prepare documentation related to database design, objects security and rules.
- Used SQL Profiler and Execution Plan to view index performance and thereby eliminate table scan.
- Involved in Performance Tuning of SSIS Packages, reports, Views, Stored procedures using SQL Profiler and Tuning Advisor improving performance and scalability.
- Defined production support document with recovery process.
- Generated reports using Expressions and Functions using SSRS.
- Designed SSRS reports with sub reports, dynamic sorting, defining data source and subtotals for the report.
- Created indexes and implemented optimize fill factor for all tables.
- Create and Modify User Defined Functions, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Views according to the business requirements.
Environment: MS SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, DB2, ETL, SQL Profiler, MS Access, HTML, XML, Windows XP.
Confidential, Bentonville, AR
SQL Server Developer
- Designed complex ETL strategies to pull data from different sources, like SQL server oracle, and flat files and load it to the destination database after using multiple transformations.
- Created Linked reports, Ad-hoc reports and etc based on the requirement. Linked reports are created in the Report Server to reduce the repetition the reports using SSRS in SQL Server.
- Designed and Developed Reports using Report Builder to easily generate reports by the user.
- Creating multiple parameterized stored procedures that are used by the reports to get the data.
- Created Jobs, Alerts, Activity logs, Error logs to capture any possible errors using SQL Server Agent.
- Designed and maintained a web reporting environment including portal, dashboards and scorecards for the Insurance Claims using Share Point.
- Created SQL scripts for tuning and scheduling.
- Created Pivot tables in excel using data from various sources like SSRS and MS Access.
- Collaborated with fellow team members through Team Foundation Server for effective project management which includes work issues and track on the update of versions.
- Diagnosing and tuning the server and query optimal performance using SQL Server Profiler and Database Tuning Wizard.
- Developed Tables, Views, and Stored Procedures using SQL Server Management Studio.
Environment: MS SQL Server, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Data Tools, SQL Server Migration Assistant, SQL Server, SQL Server, Java Scripts, ETL, Windows XP.
Confidential, Boca Raton, FL
SQL Server Developer
- Involved in Setting up new MS SQL Server instances and databases.
- Involved in Capacity planning of MS SQL Servers. Implemented and maintained database security.
- Going through the clients' requirements and coming up with database design and application architecture. Plan capacity specification requirements for new database servers.
- Worked on Client/Server tools like SQL Server Enterprise Manager and Query Analyzer to administer SQL Server. Used SQL Server System Tables to retrieve metadata.
- Wrote many stored procedures and Triggers as per clients requirements.
- Ran DBCC consistency checks, and fixing data corruption in application databases.
- Designed new job process, new database maintenance plans, DTS packages and did performance tuning of the existing processes. Troubleshoot and minimize production down issues.
- Created scheduled maintenances and backup procedures to the database as a disaster recovery method. Monitor failed and long running MS SQL Server jobs.
- Data conversions and data loads from various databases and file structures.
- Monitor, tune, and analyze database performance and allocate server resources to achieve optimum database performance.
Environment: SQL Server, Transact-SQL, Enterprise Manager, Query Analyzer, Oracle, PL/SQL.