- Around 3 years of Professional IT experience in Analysis, Design, and Development using Python.
- Experience with full software development life - cycle, architecting scalable platforms, objects-oriented programming, database design and agile methodologies.
- Experience in Application Development and Object-Oriented Programming Analysis and Design (OOAD).
- Experience in manipulating data in CSV, XML, JSON and XLSX.
- Performed Unit testing, Integration Testing and generating of test cases for applications using Python.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, ability to work on multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Experience of using Python modules like NumPy, Matplotlib, Pandas, SciPy, PyTables, PyQt, etc., for generating complex graphical data, creation of histograms, etc.
- Skilled in Object-Oriented Design and Programming using Python.
- Good knowledge in establishing database connections for Python by configuring packages MySQL, Postgres and Oracle.
- Proficient in developing complex SQL Queries, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Cursors, Functions, and Packages along with performing DDL and DML operations on the database.
- Good experience in using Shell scripting for automation by following Python PEP.
- Experience in Bash Shell Scripting, SQL.
- Experience writing API's/ and Web Services in Python.
- Expertise in full life cycle application development and also good experience in Unit testing and Test Driven Development (TDD) and Behavior driven Development.
- Hands on experience version control tools such as Git, and GitHub.
- Experience in working on different operating systems-windows, Linux, UNIX, and Mac also strong development experience on Linux based operating systems such as Ubuntu, Red Hat and CentOS.
- Excellent communication, Teamwork, inter-personnel and presentation skills, fast learner and organized self-starter.
- Ability to work on multiple projects with aggressive timelines, to prioritize and meet operational deadlines in a demanding, fast-paced environment or quickly changing priorities.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, Initiative and Adaptable. Self-motivated, organized team player with strong problem solving and analytical skills and total commitment to the organization goals
- Performed Unit testing, Integration Testing and generating of test cases for applications
- Experience in debugging and troubleshooting the existing code.
Programming and Data Analysis: Python(NumPy, pandas, Redis, Psycopy2, scikit-learn, matplotlib ), SQL, R, Advanced Excel, ETL, Hadoop, HIVE, PIG, MATLAB, PySpark, SAS
Databases: Oracle (MySQL),PostgreSQL
Data Visualization: Tableau, Open Refine, Power BI, Python, R shiny, Pivot Tables, MS Office
Cross validation, Auto: correlation, ANOVA, PCA, Multiple Regression Analysis, linear & logistic regression, Decision Trees, Random Forests, Clustering, Text Mining, Classification, KNN, Ensemble Methods, Recommendation Systems
Cloud Platforms: AWS(REDIS, EC2, S3, SQS)
Confidential, Newark, NJ
- Implemented discretization and binning, data wrangling: cleaning, transforming, merging and reshaping data frames.
- Parsing of XML and flat files format and transform all the values to a common scale.
- Develop scripts to automate the execution of ETL using shell scripts under Python and UNIX environment
- Storing the data in REDIS cache for faster access by clients and enhanced the code to make the process robust.
- Involved with generating scripts for bulk insertion in PostgreSQL database schema.
- Gained extensive experience with AGILE methodologies in software projects, participated in SCRUM meetings, followed biweekly sprint schedules and tracked progress on JIRA.
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration environment - Jenkins, S3, Amazon SQS.
- Designed data visualization to present current impact and growth using Tableau.
- Creating Unit test/regression test framework for working/new code
- Development of Python APIs for cache lookups use for faster and efficient use.
- Ability to successfully implement the application in LINUX environment
Environment: Python,, CSV, XML, Json, Pandas, Numpy, Postgres, Jenkin, AWS S3, UNIX.
Python Software Engineer Intern
Confidential, Trenton, NJ
- Developed project roadmap, Gantt charts to help in seamless coordination with the team & IT heads
- Performing Data Wrangling, feature engineering, apply statistical analysis, data visualization, data mining using Python (Pandas, NumPy, Matplotlib, Scikit - learn).
- Provided 3 recommendations to the marketing segmentation and strategy and gave a presentation to the CTO, Head of marketing and Head of IT
- Combined data factors to perform regression & successfully increase wiretap automation by 23% & improve outreach by 35%
Environment: Python, Machine Learning, Tableau, Pandas, Matplotlib.
- Collect Data from different datasources (flat files, databases, json files) using Python
- Perform required joins, cleaning and transform the data according to business requirements using Python and SQL.
- Used Numpy and Pandas to perform some required aggregations
- Monitor the performance of servers using Health Check Monitor Servie ( disk space usage, memory usage)
- Support the Mortgage Application issues( Any third party service issues, server issues, debugging issues )
- Support the Deployment related activities for the mortgage application from Development to Production Lifecycle.
Environment: MySQL, SQL, Python, XML, Json, Pandas, Numpy