Microsoft Certified Professional in Administering SQL Server 2008/2008R 2/2012/2014/2016 with 10+ years of experience as a Microsoft SQL Server Database Administrator (DBA) in managing production and non - production environment. Experience in core DBA tasks like installation and configuration including designing and implementing disaster recovery procedures. Excellent problem solving abilities, a good team player, ability to learn new emerging technologies and adapt quickly.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE INCLUDE:
- SQL Server Migration
- Backup & Restore
- Database Security
- Index Tuning
- SQL Profiler
- SSIS packages (ETL)
- SSRS reports
- Database Design
- Database Encryption
- Log shipping
- Always On
Sr.SQL Server DBA/Production Support DBA
- Installed, configured, administered SQL Server 2008R2/2012/2014 on production and development environments.
- Pro-actively and regularly monitoring of CPU, Disk I/O, memory related bottlenecks and carried out similar other tasks.
- Performed various Troubleshooting methodologies to identify and resolve system and user related issues.
- Created Jobs , Alerts and Notifications for system errors, insufficient resources, fatal database errors, hardware errors, task assignment and tracking.
- Monitoring & Managing the Table spaces and data files growth. Analysing Tables & Schemas, collecting system statistics and rebuilding indexes.
- Installed, maintained & monitored production SQL servers and making sure they are up-to-date with latest rollup hotfix and service packs.
- Installed and configured windows server 2016 failover clustering Active/Passive and configured Always-ON for High availability and disaster recovery (DR) solutions.
- Designed and Implemented log shipping, mirroring, replication from primary site to the secondary site to support mission critical applications and offload queries.
- Migrated multiple databases/SSIS packages/SSRS reports/SSAS cubes between different SQL versions 2008R2/2012/2014 in both in In-place and Side-by-Side migration methods.
- Migrated databases from on Prem to Azure and AWS.
- Designed SSIS Packages to transfer data from flat files to SQL Server using Business Intelligence Development Studio.
- Designed and created data extracts, supporting SSRS, Power BI, Tableau or other visualization tools reporting applications.
- Moved several existing production databases, jobs, packages, reports, linked server, logins and other computer objects to new versions of SQL server.
- Worked closely with application team, development team and infrastructure team for planning and Implementation of the migration and for new application requirements/releases.
- Worked on performance tuning, optimization of stored procedures and queries.
- Responsible for database Maintenance tasks such as index fragmentation, DBCC operations, monitoring performance and optimizing queries for maximum efficiency.
- Automated database refresh from production to test using custom scripts.
- Set up linked servers between SQL servers, DB2 and oracle data sources.
- Supported VMware and SharePoint backend databases.
- Created databases, Logins, Roles and granted appropriate permissions.
- Involved in planning and implementing SQL Server Security audit compliance.
- Worked with Offshore team on pending issues and coordinating migration project activities to meet the project deadlines.
- Managed windows and SQL database users/groups accounts using Active Directory.
- Handling day to day support tickets and development and production issues.
- 24 X 7 Production on Call Support.
Environment: Windows Server 2008/2012 R2, MS SQL Server 2008/2008 R2/2012, T-SQL, SQL Profiler, System/Performance Monitor, PowerShell, SSRS, SSIS, Oracle, VMware, AWS, Business Intelligence (BI), Cloud Computing, TFS, IIS, Third Party Tools, Quest SpotLight, Idera SQL Safe, Remedy ticketing system, Visual Studio 2010, Windows failover cluster, SQL Server failover Cluster and SharePoint.
SQL Database Administrator
- Install, configure and administer MS SQL server 2012 and 2014.
- Migrate instances and databases from SQL 2012 to SQL 2014.
- Configure and administer Availability Groups for high availability/ Always On of multiple databases.
- Created and administered various jobs to handle different tasks and to monitor resources on various servers and to email the necessary information when threshold was reached.
- Apply SQL Server patches ; Service Packs , Hot-fixes , and Cumulative Updates as required and created documentation for tracking.
- Implement Database optimization such as performance tuning and improvement using Dynamic management views and functions and others.
- Intensively analyzed the existing system in regard to the database administration and produced an inception report which describes the existing situation, pros and cones, and future intervention and plan of action (short, midterm and long-term).
- Created linked servers to perform distributed queries and data transfer.
- Establish a modality to collect the information and documentation of the existing system.
- Develop procedures/protocols on database planning and implementation, database security aspects, database auditing , backup and restore modality.
- Review the current procedure of backup and restoration, and introduced the differential back up into the system and periodic restoration of backups.
- Run DBCC commands to check the database consistency and shrink the databases.
- Monitored and troubleshoot server performance, database activities and clients’ applications.
- Participated in enhancing end users’ understanding of database systems by conducting pre-implementation trainings/workshops and different events.
- Manage Very Large databases (VLDBs) of 3 TB and more using Table Partitioning , Backup and data Compression and Multiple file-groups.
- Overall follow-up of the system and user support to address any issues and plan for potential problems in advance.
Database Administrator (DBA)
- Installation and configuration of Windows Server 2008, 2012 R2 including the set-up of Active Directory, Domain Controller, DNS and DHCP servers and Windows failover cluster.
- Creating and managing databases, schema objects such as tables, views, indexes, procedures, triggers and database constraints to meet business requirements and policies and maintained referential Integrity.
- Wrote Complex T-SQL Script to generate Database Performance related SSRS Reports.
- Implementing a DBA maintenance plan for MS SQL Server (DBCC, updating index statistics, monitoring database and disk space) on production and test environments and provided support 24x7.
- Timely taking full backup, differential backup and transaction log backup for all production and test systems.
- Experience with SQL Auditing, Resource Governor , Policy Based Management (PBM) , data and Network Encryption using certificates.
- Managing critical databases on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Worked on migrating and managing database systems on Oracle VM VirtualBox and VMware virtual machines.
- Implementing SQL server high availability solutions/tools like Log shipping, Mirroring and Replication as well carefully scheduled maintenance plan to minimize downtime.
- Install and configure a traditional SQL Server failover Cluster with two nodes.
- Managing the use of disk space, memory and connections/network.
- Took part in the preparation of Data Dictionary for the databases in all servers and assisting the database developers.
- Running DBCC consistency checks and analyzing stack traces , if generated, fixing data corruption on application databases.
- Analyzed the complete environment for resource utilizations and suggested upgrades to increase I/O and avoid bottlenecks.
- Installed and configured SQL Server Reporting Services in a team.
- Create and deploy different reports for different business purpose in a team.
- Proposed various high availability options to maintain the high availability of SQL server on various environments.
SQL Server DBA/Production Support DBA
- Supported the production environment and performed SQL day to day activities on raised tickets my clients & migration.
- Created logical and physical database design, data structures, and implemented databases using Erwin.
- Experience in Database Design activities including Data Files and File group organization, Capacity Planning,
- Implemented Database Mirroring in SQL 2005/2008.
- Successfully implemented Log Shipping in SQL Server 2005/2008
- Analysed business recovery requirements and maintained strategies and plans for critical databases
- Used Performance Monitor and SQL Profiler to optimize queries and enhance the performance of database servers.
- Wrote T-SQL stored procedures and functions to efficiently perform complex business logic to summarize data.
- Migrated databases and database objects between multiple servers across production, QA and development platforms.
- Involved in Performance Tuning , Indexing, Query Optimization.