Professional, dedicated, and resourceful with proven success in developing with BI/EDW Applications SSIS, SSAS, SSRS and Power BI. Demonstrated ability to analyze complex situations. Set goals and conceived strategies in meeting deadlines and produced several successful projects
- A Microsoft certified professional with 5 years of total IT experience in the design, modeling, development, implementation and support of SQL Server 2012/2016.
- A result driven Cloud and Network Engineer experience in the area of Computer Networks, Cloud Computing and System Administration.
- Experience in creating snapshots of reports to reduce the load on the server. Managed subscriptions to provide timely reports to the clients and end users and worked on integration of SharePoint with SSRS.
- Expert in data Extraction, Transforming and Loading (ETL) using various tools such as SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Data Transformation Services (DTS), creating Dynamic packages for Incremental Loads.
- Experienced in maintaining Batch Logging, Error Logging with Event Handlers and Configuring Connection Managers using SSIS.
- Developed Drill Down, Cascading, Drill through, Sub reports and Charts using Global variables, Parameters Expressions and Functions for the Business Users.
- Experience in enhancing and deploying the SSIS Packages from development server to production server by using package configurations.
- Good understanding in Data Marts and Enterprise data warehousing concepts (OLTP & OLAP). Worked with Data mining predictive analysis and slowly changing dimensions.
- Experience with logical and physical data modeling, FACT and Dimensional tables and database design using Data Modeling Tools like Erwin, MS access and Microsoft Visio.
- Expert in defining and deploying Cubes using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Experience in Dimensional Modeling, Designing of STAR, SNOW FLAKE Schemas.
- Expertise in writing T - SQL queries, dynamic, sub-queries and complex joins for generation complex stored procedures, triggers, user-defined functions, view and cursors.
- Extensive knowledge in database maintenance, SQL query optimization & performance tuning using performance tools like SQL Profile, Index Tuning Wizard, and Database Engine Tuning Advisor.
- Skilled in error and event handling precedence constraints break points, check points and logging.
- Extensive experience in developing Drill through and Drill down reports, parameterized reports, Linked reports, Sub reports, Matrix reports, and Chart reports using MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Strong experience in designing and developing large number of reports in SSRS using the data from ETL Loads.
- Experience in using SSIS tool like import and export wizard, package installation and SSIS package designer.
- Experience in ETL process involving migrations and in sync process between two databases.
- Expertise in creating Perspectives, Partitions and Design Aggregations in cubes using SSAS.
- Expertise in creating Dashboard Reports to support end users using SSAS.
- Experience throughout developing OLAP cubes using SSAS for data mining and created reports from the OLAP cubes using SSRS and Report Builder 3.0
- Good Understanding all the contains of power BI Architecture like Data Integration, Data Transforming, Reports and publish, Creating dashboard.
- Expertise in writing complex DAX functions in Power BI, Power Pivot, and data cleaning using R languages.
- Experienced R integration with Power BI.
- A well-organized, goal-oriented, highly motivated effective team member.
MS Office: Windows 98,2000, XP, NT, 7, Vista, 10, 2010 MS Office Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint.
Database Tools: SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)2008, 2016,2017, SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), SSIS, ETL.
BI Tools: Visual Studio 2017 SQL Server Reporting Tools (SSRS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analytical Services (SSAS), POWER BI, R Studio.
Languages: T-SQL, PL/SQL, C#, M (Mashup Languages), UNIX Shell scripting, Batch Scripts.
Confidential, Spring Hill, FL
MSBI Developer/Power BI
- Experienced in Business Intelligence and ETL implementation based on Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Integration Services (SSIS), Microsoft Analysis Services (SSAS), and Power BI.
- Data Warehouse Design and Implementation.
- Create and maintain clearly written technical, user, and system documentation.
- Worked with complex SQL, Stored Procedures, Triggers and packages in very large databases from various servers.
- Created User Interface reports for validating the Data through Reporting Services.
- Highly responsible for development and management of Power BI and SSIS projects.
- Extracting and Loading data into SQL Server Database using SSIS.
- Extensively involved in designing the SSIS packages to export data from SQL Server database to flat file source.
- Scheduling & Maintaining ETL packages in terms of data validation and consistency.
- Designing SSIS packages to migrate data from database (Hierarchical) to database (Relational).
- Created Mapping, Design and technical Documentation for complex SSIS packages.
- Experience in maintaining Error logging using Exceptional Handling in T-SQL and SSIS.
- Involved in Maintaining Database with Backup, Restore Strategies and Scheduling those backups using SSIS packages as a Developer.
- Deployed many packages on different servers using SSIS package Configurations.
- Involved in Backup and Restoring the Databases.
- Extensively designed the packages and data mapping using Control flow task, Sequence container task, Dataflow Task, Execute SQL Task, Data conversion task, lookup, Derived Column task and Script Task in SSIS Designer.
- Responsible for scheduling the packages through Jobs.
- Developed OLAP cubes using SSAS for data mining and created reports from the OLAP cubes using SSRS and Power BI.
- Build Star schema and Snowflake schema on business requirements.
- Proficient in working with Multidimensional Expressions (MDX) and set, tuples scripting.
- Experience in creating Views, Constraints, Triggers, Joins, Cursors, Temp Table, Table Variable, Functions, Batch Scripts and numerous stored procedures consumed at various stages of migration/cleansing process, reports or data validation.
- Proficient in writing complex T-SQL (DDL, DML), new features like CTE, Ranking Functions, TOP(n), PIVOT, XML PATH, SQL, Physical, logical database design and Performance tuning.
- Utilized Power BI to create various analytical dashboards that depicts critical KPI’s along with slicers and dicers enabling end-user to make filters.
- Expertise experienced on Power Query Datasets in On-Premise and in Cloud Data Flows .
- Expertise experienced on Transformations including Merge, Append, Group By, Pivot, Transpose.
- Expertise experienced on Number Transformations, String Transformations, Date-Time Transformations.
- Expertise experience on Query Settings, Query Edits, Advanced Editors and Parameters Static, Dynamic .
- Expertise experience on Power BI Lists, List Tools, Records and Tables from Records.
Confidential, Richardson, TX
- Collaborated with business people for requirements gathering and participated in translating the business requirements into technical requirements in agile methodology.
- Involved in designing and developing the end-to-end ETL process.
- Created new database/tables to put in the extracted data and rebuild the relationship.
- Created SSIS packages to pull data from SQL Server and exported to Excel Spreadsheets and designed SSIS Packages. to extract, transfer, load (ETL) existing data into SQL Server 2008 from different environments for the SSAS cubes.
- Created the SSIS /DTS packages and scheduled them using Sql Server agent.
- Developed ETL packages with different data sources (SQL Server, Flat Files, Excel source files, XML files etc.) and loaded the data into target tables by performing different kinds of transformations using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Utilized event handling effectively to generate audits and logs for the generated SSIS packages.
- Performed archiving and achieved automated processing of the raw data through the ETL process in SSIS.
- Used Vb.net and C# in Script task of SSIS 2008 Packages.
- Deployed SSIS Packages from Dev/Staging/Production using Package Configurations.
- Extensive Knowledge in SSAS storage and partitions, and Aggregations, calculation of queries with MDX, Data Mining Models, developing reports using MDX and SQL.
- Developed several reusable transformations and mapplets that were used in other mappings.
- Implemented Slowly Changing Dimensions (SCD) Type 1 and Type 2 for initial and history load using SSIS .
- Wrote Unix shell scripts to transfer files from windows servers to Unix server using sftp connections, file validation including checking existence of file, file name check, file size and archiving.
- Developed SSIS mappings to perform file validation (field datatype, length, file count, header etc.) on the files provided by business users and to load those files into the Oracle database.
- Used various SSIS functions in the mappings.
- Architect, Install and configure Control-M environments.
- Administered Control-M environments, applied latest Patches and Fix-Packs.
- Scheduled the workflow using Active Batch and configured the Active Batch to send success and failure emails of the jobs to IT support team and business users.
- Performed the unit testing as per the design document and mapping design flow.
Confidential, Allen, TX
MSBI (SQL/SSIS/SSRS /SSAS) SQL Developer
- Worked on all activities related to the development, implementation, administration and support of ETL processes
- Used SSIS to create ETL packages to validate, extract, transform and load data to data warehouse databases
- Used advanced SSIS tools (i.e. Derived Columns, Condition Split, Data Conversion, Aggregations, Multicasting).
- Designed and created views for security purposes, implemented rules, defaults, and user defined data types.
- Improved the performance of the slow running queries.
- Created partitions to improve the performance of data retrieval.
- Created Cubes using SSAS 2008 that are used by business users
- Defined KPIs, Actions and Calculations in SSAS 2008 using MDX
- Improved the performance of Cubes by creating partitions and defining proper attribute-relationships and hierarchies.
- Deployed SSAS cubes and managed the security.
- Created SSIS packages to process cubes on scheduled basis.
- Created and executed SQL Server Integration Service packages to populate data from the various data sources, created packages for different data loading operations for many applications.
- Created SSIS packages to pull data from SQL Server and exported to Excel Spreadsheets and vice versa.
- Used Checkpoints to implement the restart ability of the packages in SSIS.
- Implemented Custom logging in SSIS using event handlers and execute SQL task.
- Deployed SSIS packages to file system, SQL server and automated the packages.
- Created SSIS Packages to load data from Oracle Database with various transformations in SQL Server database.
- Designed and implemented Parameterized and cascading parameterized reports using SSRS.
- Experience in creating snapshots of static reports and configure subscription
- Enhanced performance using optimization techniques-normalization and indexing
- Performance tuning of Queries and Stored Procedures.
- Performance tuning on existing ETL packages.
- Designed various SSRS reports as requested by the client
- Created and developed Sub-Reports, Drill down reports, Drill through reports and Parameterized reports using SSRS.
- Created Dashboards, Tabular, Matrix reports (crosstab or pivot), Charts and graphs as per customer requirements Using SSRS.
- Rendered reports in different formats like pdf, excel etc. to be executed automatically on weekly or monthly basis and managed subscriptions.
- Applied security to reports on item and folder level.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
SQL Server SSIS/SSRS ETL Developer
- Designed, Build the Dimensions, cubes with star schema using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Experience in working on Cube structure optimization for MDX query performance in Analysis Services 2005(SSAS)
- Extensively involved in designing the SSIS packages to export data of flat file source to SQL Server database.
- Migrated DTS packages from SQL Server and scheduled their execution time.
- Created SSIS packages using Script tasks and with Error Handling.
- Enhancing and deploying the SSIS Packages from development server to production server.
- Performance Monitoring with SQL Profiler, Windows System Monitor and using a monitoring tool called Embarcadero DB Artisan and Performance Center.
- Helping Development Team in deploying and testing the application, which uses SQL Server as a database.
- Experience in using T-SQL for creating stored procedures, indexes, cursors and function.
- Designed, reviewed, and created primary objects such as Views, Indexes based on logical design models, user requirements and physical constraints.
- Worked extensively on creating SSRS canned and ad-hoc reports (Model based) using Business Intelligence Development Tools.
- Extensive experience in designing, creating and deploying SSIS packages for transferring data from Flat files, Excels spreadsheets and heterogeneous data to and from SQL Server.
- Regular monitoring of Time/Data driven Subscription based SSRS reports (Daily, Weekly, Monthly) and SSIS external file transfers.
- Created parameterized reports for the users and clients, with drill-down, drill-through features.
- Designed SSIS Packages to transfer data from flat files to SQL Server using Business Intelligence Development Studio.
Environment: SQL Server 2005/2008/2012/2014/2016 , MS Access, SSRS, SSIS, T-SQL,, C# .NET, ADO.NET, Microsoft Visual Studio.Net 2005, .NET Framework 2.0, EXCEL2007.