- Microsoft® Certified professional with over 6+ years of proven experience in administering and managing of multiple MS SQL server databases in Production and Non - production environments. Primarily concerned with managing SQL server relational databases hosted on Microsoft servers 2005/2008/2008 r 2/2012/2014/2016 servers running on physical and virtual hardware platforms in a 24 x 7 environment.
- Expertise in planning, installing, upgrading, configurations and administration of MS SQL Servers (2016,2014, 2012, 2008/R2/2005) in standalone & clustered servers.
- Experience in designing, creating, configuring, monitoring, maintaining, upgrading and supporting databases and database objects like views, indexes, stored procedures, functions, and triggers based on logical design models, user requirements and physical constraints
- Hands on experience in logical and physical database design & development, data conversion, normalization and data modelling using ER diagram.
- Expertise in all phases of software development life cycle: design, implementation and testing
- Handling Memory and Processor configurations for SQL Server 2014/ 2012/2008/2005.
- Experience in table partitioning strategies and how to work with very large tables
- Familiar with new SQL server features such as AAG, user defined roles, resource governor, Column Store index, in-memory OLTP and others.
- Experience on SQL server/database level security and utilized SQL Server auditing, Policy based management and Transparent data encryption.
- Administer SQL Server security by enforcing security policy, creating user logins with appropriate roles, monitoring user accounts, creating groups and granting the required privileges to users and roles.
- Experience in designing and implementing comprehensive backup plan and disaster recovery strategies.
- Experience in planning, implementing and administering High availability and Disaster recovery solutions like Log shipping, Mirroring, Replication, Clustering and Always on availability group.
- Establish remote MS SQL Servers as linked servers for fetching data.
- Installing service packs and patches on SQL server 2012/2008/2005.
- Experience in installation and configuration of BI tools such as SSIS, SSRS and SSAS.
- Experience in generating on-demand and scheduled reports for business analysis or Management decisions using MS SQL server reporting services 2008/2012/2014 (SSRS).
- Expert in writing parameterized Queries for generating tabular reports and sub reports using global variables, sorting the data, defining data sources and subtotals for the reports using SSRS.
- Strong Experience in SQL server upgrade, patching and data migration from MS SQL Server R2 and 2008R2 to MS SQL Server 2012/2014.
- Experience in import/export data from various sources using import/export wizards, Bulk insert, BCP and DTS/SSIS packages.
- Experience in set up and performing database maintenance plans, schedule and automate SQL server jobs, configure database Mail, Create alerts, Operators and Notifications.
- Experience in maintenance plans: database backups, integrity checks, update database statistics and index maintenance using GUI and T-SQL.
- Provide a 24/7 dedicate support for users in production, development and testing servers and responded on Tickets based on requirements.
- Troubleshooting and resolving SQL server and database related problems including but Not limited to application, CPU, Memory, I/O and Disk Space.
- Analyze queries using execution plans and implemented performance tuning and Query Optimization.
- Conducted root cause analysis and used SQL server profiler, DMVs and error logs for troubleshooting.
- Resolve performance issues using SQL native tools like Database Engine Tuning Advisor, SQL server profiler, Activity monitor, Windows performance monitor, DBCC, Store procedures, DMVs and DMFs.
- Experience in managing SQL server using command line utilities such as BCP, SQLCMD and POWERSHELL
- Excellent interpersonal communication, problem solving, documentation, analytical skills and good team player.
Databases: MS SQL Server 2016,2014, 2012, 2008R2,2008,2005 Ms Excel, MS-Access 2003/2007
Programming Language: T-SQL, BI, c#..net
Operating System: Windows Server 2012,2008,2003
Third Party Tools: IDERA SQL Diagnostic Manager, SentryOne
Protocols: TCP/IP, DNS, WINS, DHCP, FTP, SMTP
ETL Tools: MS SSIS and DTS, TSQL, SQL Server bulk insert and BCP utilities
Others: Software development models, software development life cycle (SDLC), Zendesk,Gemini, outlook, Redgate
WORK EXPERIENCE:SQL Server Database Administrator
Confidential, Raleigh, North Carolina
- Installed and configured SQL Server 2 /2008 R2 and applied patches and Service Packs.
- Involved in Planning, defining and designing data based on business requirements and provided documentation.
- Excellent experience in designing, maintaining & tuning various RDMS like T-SQL, MS access databases and strong knowledge of SDLC principles.
- Provided a 24/7 dedicated supports for development, testing and production MS SQL Servers.
- Highly proficient in the use of T-SQL for developing complex stored procedures, triggers, views tables, user defined functions, relational database models and data integrity, and SQL joins.
- Managed SQL server backup and recovery strategies
- Experience in table partitioning strategies and how to work with very large tables.
- Experienced in planning, implementing and administering High Availability and Disaster recovery solutions like Log shipping, Mirroring, Replication, Clustering and Always on Availability group .
- Performed table partitioning strategies in large sized tables.
- Managed SQL Server security including implementation of SQL logins, users, roles, and authentication modes.
- Streamlined Server/database level Security and utilized SQL Server auditing, policy -based management and transparent data encryption.
- Established remote MS SQL servers as Linked servers for fetching data.
- Managed in data transferring from different sources like Excel, CSV, Flat files to MS SQL Server using import/export wizards, SSIS and BCP.
- Performed SQL server upgrade/patching and performed migration from MS SQL Server R2 and /or 2005/2008R2 to MS SQL server 2012/2014.
- Developed and performed SQL server post installation maintenance plans: Database backups, Integrity checks, Update database statistics and Index maintenance using GUI and T-SQL.
- Set up and executed database maintenance plans, scheduled and automated SQL Server Jobs, configured database mail, created alerts, operators and notifications.
- Installed, Configured and deployed SSIS, SSRS and SSAS.
- Developed many SSRS reports, tabular reports, matrix reports, drill down reports, sub-reports, parameterized and Charts using SQL server reporting services (SSRS).
- Deployed generated reports of each quarter onto the report server to access it through browser .
- Experienced on ETL like extracting data from source system to staging and then from staging to load data into production data base tables.
- Performed rebuild and reorganize indexes on tables to reduce fragmentation and enhance SQL Server Performance.
- Monitored and Troubleshoot SQL server performance and database activities of particular users using SQL Profiler, Performance Monitor, Extended event, Trace flags, Activity monitors, Store procedures, DBCC, and DMV/Fs.
- Tuned slow running T-SQL queries using execution plan and database engine tuning advisor
- Evaluated CPU, Disk I/O and Memory related bottlenecks using Performance monitor and improved the SQL server performance.
- Evaluated concurrency issues in SQL server by using DMVs, Trace Flags, SQL alert, Store procedures, DBCC, and activity monitor; and resolved by adding Index, tuning queries, identifying missing index and using appropriate isolation level.
- Ensured best practices are applied and integrity of data is maintained through security and documentation .
SQL Server Database Administrator
Confidential, Raleigh, North Carolina
- Installed, Configured and maintained Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 / 2012
- Configured Failover Clustering features in SQL Server 2012 and AlwaysOn Availability Groups
- Tested and Upgraded SQL Server (in development, testing and production environment) from
- 2008/R2 to 2012 using Side-by Side and In-Place upgrade methods
- Used upgrade advisor to analyze and detect any issues, and used upgrade advisor reports
- Performed patching - applied SPs and Hot Fixes on SQL 2008 R2/2012
- Used the SQL Server Configuration Manager to configure services, network protocols, and network
- Connectivity for SQL Server instance
- Provided 24/7 critical production supports to 5 production servers associated with multiple high
- Volume Line of Business Applications
- Created and updated Clustered and Non-Clustered Indexes to keep up the SQL Server Performance
- Created and managed database maintenance plans and design and implemented backup and disaster
- Recovery plans for production Servers
- Implemented Log-Shipping, Database Mirroring & Transactional Replication on several instances
- Defined and enforced database standards, policies, security and documentation
- Prepared database structure and configuration for high-performance through analysis and optimization
- And bug fixes
- Diagnose problems using tools such as SQL Profiler, System Monitor, and DMVs, worked with vendors
- And developers as needed to resolve issues
- Writing SQL Scripts and create triggers, stored procedures, functions and other database objects
- Performed database monitoring and performance tuning & analysis using native and third party
- Tools such as IDERA and SolarWinds Database Performance Analyzer.
- Used SQL Indexes for improving query performance, lower storage and maintenance cost.
- Experience in optimization tools such as SQL Profiler, Dynamic Management Views (DMVs) and
- Windows performance monitor for monitoring and tuning MS SQL Server performance.
- Hands-on working experience in Installing, configuring, upgrading and managing SQL Server 2008/2012
- And upgrading Service Packs for multiple instances.
- Good experience in user management for DBs, maintaining of databases, and providing SQL Server
- Security by assigning logins, server and database roles and configuring server permissions.
- Participated in Disaster prevention and Recovery Strategies and supported High availability features like
- Snapshot Replication, Clustering (Active/Passive) and Database Mirroring. Experience in Log
- Shipping from Primary to Standby servers and SQL maintenance plans.
- Experience involved in using tools like SQL profiler for Monitoring and Tuning MS SQL Server.
- Proficient in developing business application logic using SQL Stored Procedures, Functions and T-SQL
- Queries and maintained code repository in Visual Source Safe (VSS) for deployments.
- Created and maintained SQL objects like Tables, Constraints, User defined Functions, Indexes, Views,
- Stored Procedures and SQL scripts, T-SQL queries for developer applications.
- Involved in automation of administrative tasks like creating jobs, schedules, alerts using SQL Server
- Agent and monitoring and troubleshooting jobs, event notifications using Database Mail.
SQL Server Database Administrator
- Installed new SQL server instances on servers
- Design, document, and promote security "best practices", policies, standards and protocols.
- Applied Principle of Least Privilege (PLP) on each managing access permission
- Performing database backup and restore as necessary
- Recovered databases from backup implementing Point-In-Time and Point-in-Failure Recovery solutions
- Worked in Active/Active and Active/Passive Cluster environment as a High availability solution.
- Deployed mirroring and log shipping on various databases based on their RPO and RTO
- Recovering the databases from backup in disasters. Implementing Point-In-Time Recovery solutions.
- Used data compression for reporting databases to save storage area