Senior PL/SQL Developer:
- Over 8 plus years of experience in systems Analysis, design and development of complex custom applications
- Experienced in requirement analysis, coding and testing various modules in a software development life cycle.
- Excellent team player and proven track record working in various team sizes performing cross-functional roles.
- Experience in Design, Development, and Enhancement and Maintaining applications in Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11g using SQL, PL/SQL in Windows 9x/NT/2000/XP and UNIX environments.
- Knowledge in Oracle Architecture, Data Dictionary and DBMS Packages.
- Substantial development experience in creating stored procedures, PL/SQL Packages, Triggers and Functions. Strong knowledge in Oracle cursor management and exception handling.
- Extensive experience in Database query tuning, Performance tuning (Explain Plan and TKPROF utility) of Reports and troubleshooting Oracle Application issues on OLTP and DSS systems.
- Experience with developing Oracle Web Services using HTTP post packages. Deployed several web services with various clients.
- Experience in designed and deployment of UNIX Shell Scripts using K Shell.
- Expert knowledge in using data modeling tools like ER-WIN and ER diagrams with Modelmart exposure. Normalization Techniques for designing database with Relational technology on N-Tier Architecture
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence Tools such as Business Objects 6.5 and XI Web Intelligence, Cognos etc.
- Developed custom shell scripts for automating databasestored procedures and packages
- Experienced in database monitoring and tuning, application and queries using TKPROF, OEM, and custom scripts.
- Extensive experience in tuningcomplex OLTP database withhundredsof concurrent sessions.
- Experienced with working with large teams and independently.
- Coded Database / Shell scripts to load data to and from various databases and from flat files using SQL scripts and SQL*Loader.
- Strong experience in Oracle database 10g/9i/8i and PL/SQL.
- Strong in Database Design, Dimensional Modeling, Migration, Upgrading, Logical and Physical Design using Visio.
- Experience in Data Modeling (Logical and Physical Design of Databases), Normalization and building Referential Integrity Constraints.
- Excellent backend skills in creating SQL objects like Tables, Stored Procedures, Views, Indexes, Triggers, Rules, Defaults, user defined data types and functionsusing T-SQL.
- Experiencedin complete ETL cycle including data analysis, database design, data mapping and conversion and data load.
- Created complex DTS Packages for Data Migration and Transformation. Experience in data migration from Oracle/Access/Excel Sheets to SQL Server 2005/2000/7.0
- Worked in OLTP & OLAP environment that includes Production (24x7), QA and development databases in SQL Server.
- Experience in Dimensional Modeling, ER Modeling, Star Schema / Snowflake Schema, FACT and Dimensional tables and Operational Data Store (ODS).
- Has very strong background in a disciplined software development life cycle (SDLC) process and has excellent analytical, programming and problem solving skills.
- Has the ability to work in a fast paced environment, Good team player and can work independently. Helped the database developers on technical issues.
- Bachelor’sDegree Engineering in Computer Science
- OPERATING SYSTEM
- UNIX Sun Solaris,IBM AIX, Red Hat Linux,WindowsServer 2003/2008Server.
- Developer2000 (Forms/Reports4.5/5.0/6.0i), Designer 2000, Reports, Visual Basic 5.0,.NET,Microsoft Office 97/2000, Appworx, Remedy Management, Oracle Warehouse Builder, Weblogic 8.1
- Oracle Financials,Manufacturing, HRMS, SCM of EBS versions11.5.x,12.0.x, 12.1.x, Database Administration, System Administration, maintenance, Cloning, Patching, and Oracle Discoverer.
- Oracle 8.x/9.x/10.1.x, 10.2.x,11.1.x, 11.2.xand 10gRAC, 11gRACdatabases. SQL and PL/SQL programming, Oracle Enterprises Manager (OEM), Oracle Grid Control and Import/Export Utility, TKPROF, TOAD, Confio and SQL * Loader.
- MS SQL Server 2005/2000/7.0, T-SQL, DTS, MS Access 2000/97, ODBC
- Oracle Network Configuration using net8 easy config, Intelligent Agent, SQL*NET version 8, ADI.
- C, C++, VC++, JAVA, Java Script,Configuration, SQL, PL/SQL, OLAP/OLTP
Duration:September, 2009 to July, 2012
- Developed database tables, triggers, cursors, procedures, functions and packages to meet business requirements.
- Extensively used Ref cursor, PL/SQL CollectionsandDynamicSQL.
- Uploaded files using UTL_FILE package.
- Assisted with performance and tuning of SQL queries and fixed the slow running queries in production with utilities like Explain, Trace
- Prepared and setup of testing environment for QA team in the platform.
- Extensively developed Web services out of the database by utilizing HTTP POST
- Developed stored procedures for parsing and generating XML types
- Documented all PL/SQL code and user guide for future reference.
- Created and used XML for data management and transmission.
- Worked on OLTP for optimization and to facilitate the processing of large numbers of concurrent updates
- Developed scripts automating daily and routine tasks.
- Performed database optimization and SQL tuning.
- Developedtechnical design documentation.
- Performed Unit testing and documented results.
- UNIX Shell Scripting to automate procedure execution from UNIX box.
Duration:March 2007 to July, 2009
- Communicated with developer community, database administrators, and end-users to research and understand issues and specifications
- Tuned PL/SQL packages and views to optimize performance and resolve bottlenecks, problems and space utilizations in acceptable time frame
- Assisted with Troubleshooting and apply corrections for availability and performance of database objects such as views and packages
- Developed interfaces, database processes using PL/SQL packages, procedures, functions, and triggers
- Created and maintain meta-data repository for version control and definition/maintenance of database code and objects
- Participated in peer-based design reviews and technical reviews
- Documented, communicated with other team members and the business clients
- Developed tables, Views, materialized views, indexes, types, sequences and triggers.
- Implemented and monitored controls, processes and technologies that ensure high availability and reliability for the production database environments for Oracle database systems
- Developed PL/SQL scripts to perform a wide array of administration tasks such as adding and dropping user accounts and privileges, using lock table to limit user access to tables and views, creating tables and indexes, altering table storage parameters.
- Using the Export utility to export tables to UNIX system files, and the Import utilities to load exported data back into Oracle tables, creating data backups, and compressing extents.
- Altered, modified, Partitioned, dropped, created database objects daily on a 24 X 7 production, Development, testing environments usingTOAD and OEM.
- Provided on call support on a rotation basis for the entire period of the job. On-call person is responsible for supporting the production instances to make sure they are up and running.
- Provided support for day to day concurrent manager administration and resolved many issues raised for running the concurrent requests.
Duration:May 2003 to December 2006
- Developed UNIX shell scripts, PL/SQL database packages, functions, triggers, stored procedures, Views and other schema objects to load data between MV90 and ODS.
- Developed packages in PL/SQL to export interval data in XML format.
- Developed batch and shell scripts to automate interface jobs developed in PL/SQL.
- Assisted with ODBC configuration to load data from MV90 core system to ODS layer.
- Developed interfaces to load data between interface tables using PL/SQL.
- Developed technical specifications and test cases and resolved issues during testing.
- Developed SQL loader scripts for loading data files from meter reading system into the billing system.
- Developed tables, views, indexes, materialized views, types to support the business requirements for uploading the meter reads into SAP billing system.
- Documented technical specifications, unit test cases, regression testing and test results.
- Developed and modified ETL maps using Informatica Power Center to incorporate new companies data.
- Transferred and walkthrough the complete development work to the internal developers and staff for post implementation maintenance and support.
- Developed specific document for DBA’sto migrate all the development work like Unix scripts, database schema objects etc from development to production.
- Served as a point of contact to report developers and data validation teams.
- Data exception-handling process and bulk loading, export and import utility.
- Assisted with migration tasks from test and development databases to production database.
- Provided 24x7 supports when required.
- Provided updates and status and issues to the project team and PMO.