Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist having extensive experience primarily working as a Senior SQL DBA in large production environments. His expertise lies in the installation, configuration, implementation and maintenance of SQL Server versions 2000, 2005 and 2008. He has excellent knowledge applying SQL Server best practices suggested by Microsoft, T-SQL and SQL scripts, creating stored procedures, triggers, tables, etc. Raymundo has troubleshooting knowledge monitoring SQL Server logs, system tables and windows logs. He has the skills to improve and apply solutions over the databases and instances using dashboard reports to make an I/O analysis, Missing Indexes and instance status. He has experience to work with a lot of instances in local and virtual servers and large databases (more than 800GB) in Production and test environments also working with clustered servers maintaining and monitoring them. Raymundo has monitored SQL Server instances, databases and servers using SCOM and Quest tools from around 1000 servers between Non-production and production servers. He has created DTS, Jobs, and Sending Alerts using Database Mail. His expertise also lies in the migration of Data from Excel, Microsoft Access and also from MS SQL to MS SQL Server by using BCP, DTS and SSIS utilities. Raymundo has created Backup and Recovery plans using SQL Scripts, Jobs and Maintenance Plans on Management Studio and using robot Comvault for SQL Server to backup on tapes. He has excellent experience updating and migrating SQL Server from 2000 to 2005 and 2000 to 2008. He has developed templates and production reports using Reporting Services for web and desktop applications with Crystal Reports v9 and v11.He has also managed and monitored the space on the databases, data files and server devices. Raymundo has excellent communication skills, leadership and ability to work in-group.
- MCTS (Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist) SQL Server 2008
- Writing Queries Using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 TransactSQL
- Maintaining a Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Database
- Implementing a Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Database
- MCTS (Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist) Configuring, Managing and Maintaining Windows Server 2008
- Configuring and Troubleshooting a Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure
- Configuring, Managing and Maintaining Windows Server 2008 Servers
- MCTS (Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist) Windows Server 2008 Active Directory, Configuring
- Configuring and Troubleshooting Windows Server 2008 Active Directory Domain Services
- Configuring and Troubleshooting Identity and Access Solutions with Windows Server 2008 Active Directory
- Configuring, Managing and Maintaining Windows Server 2008 Servers
RDBMS: SQL Server 2000/2005/2008, Oracle 9g/10g/11g, Sybase 11/12.5, Access
Development languages: T-SQL
Database Tools: Enterprise Manager, Query Analyzer, Profiler, Tuning Advisor, Management Studio, SQL Server Profiler, SSIS, DBArtisan.
Operating Systems: Windows 2008, 2003, 2000 Server, Windows XP, Vista, 7, Linux,UNIX.
Backup Tools: Comvault, Control –M, backup wizard of Microsoft.
Monitoring Tools: Patrol, SCOM, Control-M, Quest.
Others: SharePoint Server 2010, Microsoft Office, Open Office, Service Now, Lotus Notes, Remedy.
Sr. SQL Server DBA, Confidential,Chicago/Mexico 04/11-Present
- Managed and administered SQL Server, Sybase and Oracle databases.
- Troubleshooting and administration for SQL 2000, 2005 and 2008 Servers, following ITIL process model for Northern Trust UNS DBA Support Team.
- Creation and maintenance of backup strategies and capacity planning.
- Helped users to refresh (Restore) SQL Server, Sybase and Oracle Databases, Tables, Views, Stored Procedures, Packages, Body Packages, Schemas etc.
- Monitored databases spaces, such as Table spaces, Devices, File systems etc.
- Moved and migrated Data or Log Files to a different Server or Drives. Handled performance issues such as Blocking, Lock issues, Deadlocks.
- Resolved database connection issues
- Security administration as orphan users, also used manages Role Databases, Grant or Revoke database permissions etc.
- Monitor and administrate SQL Server Cluster servers
- Working with approx. 1000 servers between production and non-production environments
Environment: MS SQL Server 2000/2008, Oracle 11g/10g/9i, Sybase SQL Server, TSQL, SSIS, SCOM, Control-M, VMware, Remote Desktop Connection, Terminal Services, VPN Checkpoint, FTP, Remedy, Patrol, Service Now, Quest, SQL Management Studio, Profiler, Tuning and Upgrade Advisor, AWE SQL, Windows Server 2000/2003/2008/XP, Unix, Linux, Lotus notes
SQL Server DBA/IT Analyst, Confidential,Mexico 07/09-04/11
- Managed ERP (modify, develop, repair) modules. Made reports for the manager. Analyzed information and developed queries.
- Gave technical support to the users of the domain, manage the domain with Active Directory, created new counts for users,modify permissions
- Managed the structure of files of the net, make backups of the servers
- Provided support with remote desktop. Configured new connections
- Created and modify and updated data bases in access and then started to migrate to ASP.NET
- Managed DB in SQL Server 2000. Implementation of new server in Windows 2008, Active Directory. Migration of the ERP software (sytline 8.02).
- Documenting maintenance of equipment (servers, desktops, routers, laptops, peripherals, etc.)
- Developed new process and forms to the ERP. Migration of the DB’s to SQL server 2008.Developed new reports with Crystal Reports (IX,X and 2008)
- Planed the purchases of toners, new equipment. Management and monitoring of the LAN, switches, routers and Wi-Fi. Managed the DB of the McAfee antivirus Orchestor.
- Monitor and administrate cluster instances
- Create, design, administrate and perform database first in non-production environments then in production environment.
Environment: SQL Server 2000, 2008, TSQL, SSIS, BCP, Backup wizard, Crystal Reports, RVC, Remote Desktop Connection, Terminal Services, SQL Management Studio, Profiler, Tuning and Upgrade Advisor, Syteline 8.02, Syteline 6.11, Access, Windows 2000/2003/2008/XP/Vista
SQL Server DBA, Confidential,Mexico 02/08-06/09
- Creation and administration of databases on SQL Server 2005 with size around 900GB, that provided information to these apps and which contained curricular and personal data of all involved.
- Creation of Jobs, Stored Procedures and triggers to grant the security and data mining over databases.
- Implementation of queries improvements using the tuning advisor.
- Analyzation of I/O using traces with the SQL Profiler. Also responsible for DBA functions like installation, configuration, maintenance, upgrade, migration, performance tuning, backup and restore of SQL Server 2005, first in Non-Production env. And then in production systems
- Development of reports for the directors of the company. Rate all phone calls of the clients
Environment: SQL Server 2005, Crystal Reports, RAMPS, Real VNC, Backup wizard, MS Access, Terminal Services, Windows 2003 Server, Windows XP.
IT Analyst, Confidential,Mexico 10/06-01/08
- Responsible for DBA functions like installation, configuration, maintenance, upgrade, migration, performance tuning, backup and restore of SQL Server 2005.
- Networks (Ethernet, LAN, MAN, AP, Switch, Routers, Hubs) Storage, Hardware Technical Support, Windows Servers and Handhelds.
- Implementation of web applications based on SQL Server database engine.
- Creation of stored procedures to extract information and post in reports. Monitoring SQL Server and Windows Server environment using Performance Monitor tool.
- Implementation of backup and recovery plans using job scheduler and Shell commands. User management by assigning appropriate permissions to the database users on SQL 2005.
- Creation of security policies for the 4 instances. Handling Support tickets using their own helpdesk.
- Tuning of queries using tuning advisor. Give technical support to the users of the domain, manage the domain with active directory , create new counts for users, modify permissions
- Manage the structure of files of the net, make backups of the servers
- Give support with remote desktop. Responsible for configuring new connections.
- Created, modified and updated data bases in access and then started to migrate to ASP.NET.
- Documenting and maintenance of equipment (servers, desktops, routers, laptops, peripherals, etc.)
- Create, design and perform database first in non-production environments then in production env.
Environment: SQL Server 2000, Crystal Reports, IIS, Visual Studio .NET, ASP, MS Access, Terminal Services, Windows 2000, 2003 Server, Windows XP, Syteline.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineer